Kona Grill - Carmel
14395 Clay Terrace Blvd
Clay Terrace Shopping Center
Carmel, IN 46032Neighborhood:
Carmel / Westfield
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Carmel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: (317) 566-1400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Our Bar stays open an additional hour Monday - Saturday. Please call for our Happy Hour specials!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Fred Scott
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Thomas 3175661400
A word from Kona Grill - Carmel
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill's signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kona Grill - Carmel reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)good for groups (29)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (21)romantic (17)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (14)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- MmmmAmbassadorsDined on 11/16/2014Amazing as always probably the best salmon dish I've ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Lunch - 7 women all agreed - PERFECT!!!janL1Dined on 11/13/2014I'm so glad I chose Kona Grill for my birthday lunch! There were seven of us - Everyone loved their food and the service we received from James, was excellent. We were seated in the back at a big round table just as I had requested when I made the reservation. We had a great afternoon & plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a cool place, and very goodAmbassadorsDined on 11/11/2014I love this place!! My go to restaurant for the whole greater indySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ehhh.IndyLadyDined on 11/8/2014Kona grill used to be one of my favorite restaurants. Hopefully my last visit was not representative of their level of service. The "highlights" were the following. First, the "auctioning" of food to our table by food runner...the restaurant should require servers to use table place numbers so food runners can confidently set food in front of the proper patron without interruption. Second, the salad I ordered as my main course did not make it to the table until I asked the server to check on it. I got it about 10 minutes after the rest of my table received their food. Finally, about half way through our meal a food runner came to our table attempting to deliver food that we didn't order. I hope this was an isolate experience.
- Great SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/6/2014A good option for sushi in the northern suburbs of Indianapolis. Kids enjoyed the restaurant and there were kid-friendly options with great food choices for adults. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Food & service - OUTSTANDING!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Best salmon dish in Indiana. Wine list is top noych. Excellent for family and group dining.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationRemyandZoeyDined on 10/25/2014This was our first visit to the Kona Grill and we absolutely loved it ! The view out of the window in the hearth seating area was so relaxing, an upscale ambiance yet elegant casual. The food was fabulous. We had the Pork sliders with Sweet Potato fries (heavenly), beef aus juice sandwich, great and the Ahi Tuna was awesome. Great variety on the menu, much better than most restaurants. The service was fast, professional and caring. This is definitely going to be one of our favorite restaurants from now on.Special Features:
- Favorite LocationVegasFriendsDined on 10/18/2014Returned to Kona Grill for a superb dinner with friends. Love the available sushi as well as regular dinners that are offerred, and preparation on seafood entres were better than some far more expensive options in Indy.Special Features:
- special occasionsmichindtxDined on 10/5/2014somewhat expensive therefore most appropriate for special occasions. Food was good but filet was slightly over cooked and a little dry. But was a nice place and worth trying out for yourself.Special Features:
- Just "OK"JimHDined on 10/4/2014The hostesses seemed overwhelmed by the four small parties (including us) in the lobby when we arrived. The server was polite, but seemed confused. He was a bit slow too, even to bring simple things like water and Coke and to clear long-empty plates away. Even though we were dining fairly early and the restaurant was only 1/3 full when we arrived, our meals took quite a while to arrive. The food itself was reasonably good. All in all, everything about the meal was just "OK". Nothing terrible, no horror stories, just a bit less than I expect of a restaurant of this caliber in all respects.
- Great SushiRNmomof2Dined on 9/27/2014Kona Grill has great sushi. I have been to several other places in Indianapolis and they were not good at all! Myself and my family really enjoyed our sushi. The sunshine roll is DEELISH! Also, service is great. The wait staff was very attentive. Will definitely go back to Kona Grill!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceIndysharkVIPDined on 9/26/2014They have consistently good food and great service. The waitress noted what we were eating and asked about other options or things we might like. She was great and we found more items to order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I really enjoyed the ambience of the restaurant. The service was absolutely outstanding, it was some of the best we have ever had anywhere! The green tea was mild, with a hint of floral--would definitely order again. I had the Macadamia Nut Chicken, and the sauce was out of this world good! The green beans tasted pan roasted with garlice, and they maintained their snap--delicious! I had the Key Lime Pie, and it was truly authentic and now I am craving more! My husband had the Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and he said everything was delicious. A friend ordered the chicken and broccoli, and it was fairly spicy, and it didn't appear to be much food for the price. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- What did you say? I can't hear you!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2014We went to dinner at Kona Grill for a late Saturday dinner, around 9pm. The sushi appetizer was very good. Our dinne entrees were good also and well presented. I have two complaints about the restaurant. First and foremost, the restaurant plays music so loud it was not possible to carry on a normal conversation. It was also difficult to hear the waitress. I found the overly loud music to be obnoxious and over-stimulating. Second, we ordered simple meals but they seemed to take a very long time to arrive at our table even though the restaurant was about half full. Overall, this is good food, especially the sushi. Just don't expect to have any type of meaningful conversation, or any conversation at all, over the loud music.Special Features:
- nice but noisybooyah5Dined on 9/20/2014Food was good but background music was too loud-70/80's rockSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Great food and sushi. Excellent wine list with good selection of wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood with Super ServiceMorindyVIPDined on 9/19/2014My spouse and I ordered the Tomato Basil Bisque soup as a starter and it was excellent - wonderful combined flavors of fresh tomatoes, basil and asiago cheese! My husband had the salmon salad and loved it and I ordered the Las Vegas sushi, a seafood combo roll with cream cheese. It was fresh and delicious - served on a teriyaki sauce. We shared the Butter Cake for dessert which was a moist butter cake with a sugared crust, served in a raspberry sauce, and accompanied by vanilla bean ice cream - fantastic! We also enjoyed a wine special - very good chardonnay for $5.00/glass! Our server was friendly and very attentive. The restaurant can be noisy inside but the food and service make up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PMAM2PMVIPDined on 9/16/2014We were party of 12 and it took them very long to get our food.Special Features:
- Good food - Poor and slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/13/2014Food is great but poor service. Took an hour and a half to get to the entrees, including the kid meal. Unacceptable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Food was good. Service was fair at best. We have been before and have had much better experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, but service slowJaniceVIPDined on 9/1/2014The food was good, as usual. We always like the variety on the menu. But, the service was very slow. The restaurant was not busy, so we expected to get our food much quicker.Special Features:
- Kudos for KonaThePunditVIPDined on 8/31/2014Great address for vegans and vegetarians while catering to omnivores. Nice outside seating also.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/29/2014Great sushi and reasonably priced wine list make this a very dependable dining spot! A place you will come back to time and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experience!!JudgeJudieDined on 8/27/2014The entire evening was wonderful. I am not usually a sit-outside-diner but the couple we ere with wanted to sit outside, and it really made for a great evening. Why? No bugs, flies, or ants!!! Our server was Lela and she was great. she took the time to go over items on the menu, and she even took my special request for no onions back to the chef, who cheerfully complied. My husband is a sushi afficianado and he said the sushi was very fresh and flavorful. My food has to be cooked and my chilean sea bass came out just right. A perfect birthday celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingANHullDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I are never disappointed we we eat at Kona! The service is great and the food is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good; Service BadOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/22/2014This was our 3rd visit to this restaurant and, although the food is good, the service has been consistently poor. This time, we waited over 15 minutes before a server came to our table, and then he seemed to be totally confused throughout the meal service. He paid attention to only one table and another table adjacent to ours placed a complaint regarding the length of time it took to be served. It's too bad, because poor service can ruin an otherwise good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014The food here is of outstanding quality. From the main course to the veggies it was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great StaffKarmamechanicDined on 8/16/2014Our waitress was attentive and not overly intrusive. She handled our son's awkward manners fantastically and felt like she was fully concerned that our dining experience was a good one. Beyond that the food was great, fresh and filling. For example, my wife ordered a piece of carrot cake that could feed 3 people and was very well made. My son received a free creme brulee which he raved about as well. Not bad for a place in an open air mall with a view of an Old Navy.Special Features:
- JudyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Food was excellent. Outside seating is awesome! Service was a little slow but maybe because we were outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good!Ilovethelasvegasrole1Dined on 8/13/2014I enjoyed everything food wise! And of course it's a beautiful restaurant . Except the music was so loud and there were very little people in the restaurant so i was yelling across the table... So if your looking for a peaceful quiet place- not where you should goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sushi; Good ServiceIndysharkVIPDined on 8/12/2014With a limited time between meetings, we chose Kona Grill. They didn't disappoint us -- we had good sushi and prompt service.Special Features:
- PlannerDined on 8/8/2014Kona Grill was the perfect place for our team building luncheon. Great food...great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool fish tank in the bar!PaulincAshburnVIPDined on 7/29/2014This was our first time, and we would go back if someone wanted to try it (excellent avacado egg rolls! ) but there are too many other restaurants to try before we lock in on favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to eat!mlaymanDined on 7/26/2014My family and I really enjoy Kona Grill. Not all of us like sushi and the menu offers a wide variety to make everyone happy. I have never had anything that I didn't enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 508 reviews are from the Kona Grill - Carmel reviews archive.
- Please work on the acousticsPapaBearDined on 7/23/2014While the fish was very good, the noise level made it difficult to enjoy our dinner.Special Features:
- AverageRickVIPDined on 7/22/2014It has been a while since we have dined here. Manager not too friendly who sat me. Same manager brought out our dinners and 'threw' the plates down in front of us. Food was average.
- Great experienceCareDined on 7/22/2014I had a diverse group - kids, grandparents and myself. Everyone was happy. Grandparents enjoyed their traditional steak and salmon dinners. The kids loved the fish tank and their bento boxes with a bear crafted out of an orange. And my husband and I enjoyed some sushi. Something for everyone!Special Features:
- EnjoyableJaniceVIPDined on 7/19/2014We always have a nice time at Kona Grill. We especially appreciate the varied menu. There is something for everyone.Special Features:
- DisappointedTorian0319VIPDined on 7/19/2014We were excited to try Kona Grill. It was advertised as being a seafood restaurant, but instead, it was heavy in asian cuisine. But, that was not the problem. The food was not good at all. I started with a sushi roll - terrible. I then ordered the sea bass and it was subpar. It came with shrimp and pork fried rice, which was room temperature cold, not hot. I ordered dessert and it too was not very good. I did not send anything back because we were pushed for time. I will say that the cosmo drink was great - I had two. I gave the restaurant two stars because of the service. We had a really friendly and helpful waitress, which made our time there better despite the meal. The menu is fine - execution of the meals failed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014Our dining experience was awesome! We were celebrating my daughters birthday. The food was wonderful and our servers were very attentive and went the "extra Mile" to make our meal very special.Special Features: