Kona Grill - Baltimore
1 E Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: 4102448994
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Baldwin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact for details.
A word from Kona Grill - Baltimore
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill"s signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Kona Grill - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Kona Grill - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (77)great for lunch (54)fit for foodies (49)vibrant bar scene (45)hot spot (39)special occasion (39)neighborhood gem (29)great for outdoor dining (27)kid-friendly (26)late-night find (24)romantic (21)great for brunch (18)scenic view (12)notable wine list (9)Show More
- fantastic lunchmindyVIPDined on 10/20/2014Fabulous lunch with the girls to celebrate a birthday! Andre, our waiter, was attentive and wonderful - and he brought us an amazing molten brownie with ice cream, large enough for all to share. Delicious seasonal flatbread appetizer with brie, sautéed apples, and figs. Pad Thai with chicken and shrimp was an ample portion, flavorful but not spicy. Grilled vegetable salad very fresh with honey mustard and balsamic vinaigrette. One of our favorites in Baltimore right down the street from the Inner Harbor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLoveDined on 10/18/2014This was a great place to send my birthday. My waiter Sarah was great. The food was delicious! I really enjoyed myself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LG4DMBDined on 10/17/2014We went on a whim Friday night but made reservations through OpenTable on their site. The sushi was outstanding, potstickers yummy and sake bombs were awesome! I would definitely recommend it. Oh! And do not leave without having the butter cake. HEAVEN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review from Friday NightAlaskaMarathonPhilDined on 10/10/2014The hostess and waiters were very good. The draft beer selection was also qood. The sushi and maki were fine but I was not overwhelmed by them. I've had better at less fancy places. And it was very pricey. However, its in a great location very close to Camden Yards and in the Inner Harbor, so we thought it was worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved happy hourKrisKDined on 10/10/2014We had many half priced apps I thought I was going to explodeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLisa5701Dined on 10/4/2014I have been to the restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. My husband and I invited another couple and they can't stop talking about how great the food was. We all can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food/Drinks/ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014We had the Avocado Egg Rolls, Chicken and Shrimp Lettuce Wraps, Lobster Mac & Cheese and Volcano Roll. All the food was outstanding! As far as drinks, we had a Mango Mojito, Effen Cucumber Mojito and Kentucky Mule (which was one of our favorites!!). Our waiter was AJ - he was very friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating - we enjoyed our time there very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Dining ExperiencecpowellpowellDined on 10/1/2014Visited Kona Grill for my sister's birthday as it came highly recommended. Despite the reviews on the restaurant reguarding wait time on food, we still wanted to go. Unfortunately, the review on the wait time for food held true. Our food took a while to come out on top of our table not getting our food at the same time. There was about a 15 minute lapse between the entire table getting our food. However, management did catch wind of it and we shared our concern. Immediately, our concerns were addressed and she was very plesant and accomidating. This by no means has reflection on the waiter, who was good in his own right, who served us as we were also explained to that they were understaffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos to KonaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2014I was looking for a restaurant for a family meal ages 15 to 84 and Kona was perfect. The menu and options, beverages and desert offerings made it a great choice. There was something for everyone and the men got to keep up with football.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Group DiningHappyfeet4000Dined on 9/27/2014Good for small groups less than 20, excellent drinks, wide variety of food would come again!Special Features:
- MediocreDisappointedVIPDined on 9/27/2014Took friends visiting from out of town as a change of pace to Roy's. The service was very good but the food and ambiance were mediocre with a feeling of in a cafeteria rather than a restaurant. We still like the lounge with its firepit for just the two of us but that is the extent of it going forward.Special Features:
- Great dinner!BirthdayDinersDined on 9/27/2014What a wonderful dinner! Great service and great food for a reasonable price at the Inner Harbor!Special Features:
- Service is superb.pbfromdcDined on 9/26/2014We had an incredible waiter, food and ambiance were excellent.Special Features:
- Love the food and decorDesigningLadiesDined on 9/25/2014This is an excellent restaurant in downtown Baltimore with an eclectic menu that provides something for almost everyone. It is good for casual food and sushi at lunch or before a game. The decor is very tasteful and comfortable with lots of booths. Our server for lunch was attentive. Our meals were served quickly but we didn't feel rushed.Special Features:
- TomHDined on 9/20/2014Service was outstanding. Food was great. Kona Grillnever disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Food was really good. Waitress was nice. They seemed understaffed. Our food took one hour plus and did not come all out together.Special Features:
- Consistently Good!willyvDined on 9/19/2014We were in town for a convention and ate here twice...it is very good and the service was great too!Special Features:
- Stale breadLuv2eatDined on 9/18/2014We specifically went to the Kona Grill to have a soft shell sandwich. The bread was stale, the crabs were small and basically tasteless.Special Features:
- Looks Nice, Poorly RunBlackSoxManagerVIPDined on 9/17/2014Tuesday night, six PM dinner for two. We order two appetizers, one hot and one cold. The cold one comes out ten minutes before the hot one. To make things worse, the hot one comes out and before my son is finished, the entrees come out while our plates are still in front of us. What's the rush? This is just plain rude. The gluten free menu contains the following tidbit: you can have any sandwich, just hold the bread. Seriously? Look up sandwich in the dictionary. I don't think that qualifies. There is such a thing as gluten free bread. Set aside the complaint about service and gluten free dining, and it comes down to this: my son and I agreed that the food was just so-so. Nothing stood out as particularly good.Special Features:
- Great before the game!Techsan68VIPDined on 9/14/2014We went to Kona Grill before the Orioles game on Sunday night. The convenient location is a great feature, but the Asian Fusion menu is also fun and has lots of tempting offerings. We like the sushi rolls best. Kona makes some imaginative versions of their own that are interesting and delicious at the same time. On this occasion I had the caterpillar roll, which was filled with eel with an avocado coating made to look like a caterpillar. The casual atmosphere is welcoming to logo-dressed sports fans and kids as well as to serious diners. The bar is fantastic!Special Features:
- It was good.HarborvisitorDined on 9/13/2014Interesting island fusion restaurant. Portion sizes and pricing were appropriate. I liked the high booths. I wasn't amazing but it hit the spot! It wasn't stuffy or too fancy. I usually don't order chicken at a restaurant, but I had to go for the macadamia nuts on it!Special Features:
- Just rightKdubswifeDined on 9/13/2014Celebrated son's 16 th birthday during Star Spangle Spectacular. Reservations were easy, service and staff was great and attentive as usual. Food deliciousness also as usual. We love this place and we keep going back. Oh and might I add the desserts are so big and soooo good.Special Features:
- lacondaDined on 9/12/2014They need to give vegetarians some food choices...
- Kona Grill is the perfect pre-gameRaveDined on 9/11/2014Kona Grill was a great pre-Thursday night football game. They seated us quickly and the waiter acknowledged my reservation note about our time constraints. The waiter gave us a heads up when we ordered our second round of drinks that they bar was slammed, which turned out to be a modest wait, but I thought handled very well. Took the on-line advice to order the pot stickers, a very good choice. The seasonal menu was tasty, especially the caprese salad. Pre-event reservations strongly suggested, as there was a line for the walk ups. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant highly and visit again.Special Features:
- Even the repeat was gooddennisDined on 9/6/2014We wandered in off the street for a late lunch and were seated in the enclosed patio. The food and service were excellent albeit somewhat slow due to the convention next door. Since we were in no hurry it was not a problem. There were several items on the menu that looked good so we decided to return for dinner the same evening. We were not disappointed. The flat breads and lamb sandwich were excellent.Special Features:
- Awesome 23rd b'day celebrationAVirgosLove23Dined on 9/3/2014Overall I had a great time here @ Kona grill. All of the employees were nice and made me feel welcomed. And made my day so much more extraordinary, being as though alot of my friends stood me up. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to people especially. If they want a drama free relaxing night out on the town. It is an amazing place and a great experience, i am glad i choose to have my dinner party there. And would do it all again this will always be a birthday I'll remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSim1Dined on 9/3/2014The salmon was excellent (as noted by our Waiter). great dining experience!Special Features:
- Kona Grill with a touch of thrillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014This place has all around atmosphere for any occasion. The noise level was low even with soft music playing and few large groups throughout the restaurant. I was able to hear and converse in a normal tone. My waiter "Robby" was great! He was very attentive to my table. Even gave a free dish with compliments from the chef when there was a couple of issues. He handled it professionally and promptly. Now my critique. Was given dirty silverware for dinner didn't look like it was washed. Dinner order of shrimp/chicken pad thai noodles was wrong received just chicken then a free order of shrimp pad thai noodles. "Caribbean" Chicken was plain grilled chicken and plaintain was bananas with suace on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal - outstanding servicerperry3146Dined on 8/30/2014Kona Grill was a great find on OpenTable! Food was outstanding especially the sushi. Service was top-notch! We will definitely visit again!Special Features:
- Just OKknowshergrubVIPDined on 8/30/2014We had a pleasant but noisy dinner here while visiting the inner harbor. The menu is very hit or miss. Basic food like flatbread is ok, but things like pad thai taste like they are made wtih a jarred sauce. If you really like ethnic food, this isn't the place--it's kind of like the Applebees of asian fusion.
- Fantastic food, Fantastic service!sjlyons57Dined on 8/30/2014Upon arriving we were greeted by a lovely hostess with fabulous hair ;) The decor was modern with relaxing rich colors and just lovely! Absolutely everything from the sushi to the spinach & artichoke dip to the pot stickers tasted like MORE PLEASE!! Now, saving the best for last, our server was a man in his mid 20s early 30s with dark rimmed/black glasses (after our evening out I can't remember his name) Look For Him!!! The best server I have ever had! He was on everything from clearing plates to filling drinks (in spite of being busy) quick witted and just plain awesome!! Truly an asset to the restaurant! I know where we'll be dining next time we're in Baltimore, hands down!Special Features:
- Service needs to improvefirenzeVIPDined on 8/30/2014My first time at this restaurant. The food was good . The service was awful Felt like they wanted us to leave which was rather surprising as there was no one waiting to get seated .we were given the check without asking if we would like dessert .Special Features:
- Great Find!willyvDined on 8/23/2014I've walked past this place many times, had drinks there once. But dinner was a wonderful experience! Food was very great, and the service was excellent!Special Features:
- Very disappointingHuygirDined on 8/21/2014We only tried the calamari and some specialty sushi. Calamari was average. My guess is that KG does not have real sushi chefs making their "house" rolls - flavors are either bland or totally unbalanced. Consequently the food isn't very enjoyable and way over-priced.
- Great foodJwhitc1Dined on 8/16/2014I've been to Kona several times but this was the first time with a large group. The food and drinks, like always were great! The waiter could've been a bit more attentive but wasn't terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food options and ambiencejbreviewerDined on 8/16/2014We sat in the patio area on a very nice evening so it was really nice and relaxed. They had great food options including the sushi. I had the salmon salad but they honored my request to make it all spinach not lettuce. It was delicious! Drinks were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome menu!AdrienneBDined on 8/15/2014This is my third visit to Kona and it is now my go-to inner harbor restaurant. Trying to impress my very particular college daughters....and I really hit the jackpot! Loved the varied menu of delicious sushi, fish, pasta and even burgers! Suited the varied taste buds in our family! Everything was amazing! It was a beautiful night and we chose to sit outside. Perhaps not our best choice as there were street musicians on the corner that were deafening at times.Special Features:
- Great night for us!EnjoyingLifeDined on 8/15/2014Using Opentable was perfect for us since we were 1.5 hours away. We walked in and was seated immediately. We chose to sit on the patio because the night was perfect weather-wise. The waiter was amazing! We just enjoyed ourselves on our anniversary night so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside seatingShirlene83Dined on 8/15/2014We are outside the second time around which was great. A fruit fly got in my bf wine and our waitress got him another glass right away! She was very attentive and didn't bother us too much or too little. It was the right amount. The sushi was great as I devoured the Wave roll, Voodoo roll, & another speciality roll that was on happy hour special & my bf got the lettuce wraps which he said were wonderful and filled him up! We definitely plan on returning to try more or their dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great servicebfamilydinningDined on 8/15/2014Kona had good food and the service was really awesome. Kid and family friendly at a fair price. My only complaint would be they didn't have real crab for their sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.