Kona Grill - Baltimore
1 E Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: (410) 244-8994
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Baldwin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact for details.
A word from Kona Grill - Baltimore
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill"s signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Kona Grill - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Kona Grill - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (78)fit for foodies (53)great for lunch (46)hot spot (41)special occasion (40)vibrant bar scene (35)neighborhood gem (27)kid-friendly (22)great for outdoor dining (22)late-night find (20)romantic (17)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (9)scenic view (9)Show More
- Great Food! High Energy Place.CocoDined on 11/22/2014Great food. Husband had the seared tuna with sweet Thai chili sauce. I had a salad. Both were great & my salad was very fresh. Love the decor, but the place is quite loud with the open kitchen on one side & bar on the other. So not a "romantic" spot. But still loved it. Service was also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful interior and extensive fish menubauhsmamDined on 11/20/2014Attentive service that knows the long wine list well. Menu also features sushi as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichigandersDined on 11/18/2014Ridiculous variety from Big Island Meatloaf (very good on my cold day visit) to sushi (not exactly artistic presentation level, but quite good) and great salads....perfect for business meals within 100 yards of Convention Center...will go back anytime I return to Baltimore. Service is very personable and well informed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fine Lunch at Konaout4funVIPDined on 11/13/2014Two of us enjoyed a nice lunch at Kona Grill. We had two traditional favorites - Big Island meatloaf and macadamia nut chicken. Both were delicious. We finished our meal by sharing an amazing carrot cake. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like you no matter what they say.BrandoDined on 11/9/2014I've seen a lot of bad reviews online about this place so I was a little nervous about going there for my birthday. The reviews were clearly from those people who are miserable no matter what. Our dinner was fantastic and our server was a super nice guy. The one thing people did rave about was the butter cake, and I found out why. The cake was A-MaZing!!! Needless to say I wil be going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable ExperienceSunnysongDined on 11/8/2014We made reservations at the Kona Grill after a friend recommended the restaurant. The food was excellent, and the staff was friendly and very attentive. Great place to visit when in Baltimore.Special Features:
- disappointingoutandaboutDined on 11/7/2014We were in Baltimore for the day, and we were looking for place that was good and interesting. The menu had ample selections and a section for sushi, so we all agreed on going here. The atmosphere was nice and upbeat, but the food quality and preparation was VERY disappointing. The food didn't seem fresh and what was cooked, was overcooked. Sushi quality was very low. One bright spot was the server. He was very friendly and attentive. Too many options at the Inner Harbor, we won't be back.Special Features:
- Sushi SushiJbowenVIPDined on 11/5/2014Looked for sushi places in the harbor area and this came up as best option. Service was excellent for large group of 10 and the waitress kept the Sake coming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014This was my first time at Kona. The food was wonderful. It actually came to the table hot. The service was a bit lacking. We waited about ten minutes for her to even take our drink orders. Throughout our time there we often found ourselves looking for our waitress. If you have patience the food was worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Food was excellent, especially the diablo shrimp! Only complaint was that I mentioned that we were celebrating a birthday and the server did nothing to try and make it special. Very disappointed in that aspect. Overall, would go back again but not for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service has gone downhillKirasmomVIPDined on 11/1/2014its been a few months since we last ate here. I'm sad to say other reviews are accurate, service is awful. My food was great but ordering was a nightmare and it took forever to be served. They've recently had a lot of turnover amongst the servers, I blame that.Special Features:
- Will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Service was kind of slow for lunch time on a Saturday. We had a steak and lobster sushi roll as an appetizer, husband said it lack flavor and it wasn't what he expected. I think it was good, but I have had better. Now the Macadamia encrusted chicken its delicious! Tender, moist almost flaky consistency, perfect chicken! Will return just for that. Their butter cake was really good too, need to work on presentation. Cocktail list have some interesting options. I loved the two giant fish tanks, the bar area and the background wall art with changing landscape. There is also a fire pit in the outdoor seating area but was occupied by a group when we arrived. Definitely a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining !drizzy08Dined on 10/25/2014Thank you for your kind hospitality and amazing food! My cousin and I celebrated our birthdays with our family and had an amazing time. Good food, and our waitress was definitely worth it all. I love the scenery and it was a very sophisticated restaurant. The prices weren't that bad either and a heavy selection of food and sushi options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic lunchmindyVIPDined on 10/20/2014Fabulous lunch with the girls to celebrate a birthday! Andre, our waiter, was attentive and wonderful - and he brought us an amazing molten brownie with ice cream, large enough for all to share. Delicious seasonal flatbread appetizer with brie, sautéed apples, and figs. Pad Thai with chicken and shrimp was an ample portion, flavorful but not spicy. Grilled vegetable salad very fresh with honey mustard and balsamic vinaigrette. One of our favorites in Baltimore right down the street from the Inner Harbor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLoveDined on 10/18/2014This was a great place to send my birthday. My waiter Sarah was great. The food was delicious! I really enjoyed myself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LG4DMBDined on 10/17/2014We went on a whim Friday night but made reservations through OpenTable on their site. The sushi was outstanding, potstickers yummy and sake bombs were awesome! I would definitely recommend it. Oh! And do not leave without having the butter cake. HEAVEN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review from Friday NightAlaskaMarathonPhilDined on 10/10/2014The hostess and waiters were very good. The draft beer selection was also qood. The sushi and maki were fine but I was not overwhelmed by them. I've had better at less fancy places. And it was very pricey. However, its in a great location very close to Camden Yards and in the Inner Harbor, so we thought it was worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved happy hourKrisKDined on 10/10/2014We had many half priced apps I thought I was going to explodeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLisa5701Dined on 10/4/2014I have been to the restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. My husband and I invited another couple and they can't stop talking about how great the food was. We all can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food/Drinks/ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014We had the Avocado Egg Rolls, Chicken and Shrimp Lettuce Wraps, Lobster Mac & Cheese and Volcano Roll. All the food was outstanding! As far as drinks, we had a Mango Mojito, Effen Cucumber Mojito and Kentucky Mule (which was one of our favorites!!). Our waiter was AJ - he was very friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating - we enjoyed our time there very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Dining ExperiencecpowellpowellDined on 10/1/2014Visited Kona Grill for my sister's birthday as it came highly recommended. Despite the reviews on the restaurant reguarding wait time on food, we still wanted to go. Unfortunately, the review on the wait time for food held true. Our food took a while to come out on top of our table not getting our food at the same time. There was about a 15 minute lapse between the entire table getting our food. However, management did catch wind of it and we shared our concern. Immediately, our concerns were addressed and she was very plesant and accomidating. This by no means has reflection on the waiter, who was good in his own right, who served us as we were also explained to that they were understaffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos to KonaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2014I was looking for a restaurant for a family meal ages 15 to 84 and Kona was perfect. The menu and options, beverages and desert offerings made it a great choice. There was something for everyone and the men got to keep up with football.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Group DiningHappyfeet4000Dined on 9/27/2014Good for small groups less than 20, excellent drinks, wide variety of food would come again!Special Features:
- MediocreDisappointedVIPDined on 9/27/2014Took friends visiting from out of town as a change of pace to Roy's. The service was very good but the food and ambiance were mediocre with a feeling of in a cafeteria rather than a restaurant. We still like the lounge with its firepit for just the two of us but that is the extent of it going forward.Special Features:
- Great dinner!BirthdayDinersDined on 9/27/2014What a wonderful dinner! Great service and great food for a reasonable price at the Inner Harbor!Special Features:
- Service is superb.pbfromdcDined on 9/26/2014We had an incredible waiter, food and ambiance were excellent.Special Features:
- Love the food and decorDesigningLadiesDined on 9/25/2014This is an excellent restaurant in downtown Baltimore with an eclectic menu that provides something for almost everyone. It is good for casual food and sushi at lunch or before a game. The decor is very tasteful and comfortable with lots of booths. Our server for lunch was attentive. Our meals were served quickly but we didn't feel rushed.Special Features:
- TomHDined on 9/20/2014Service was outstanding. Food was great. Kona Grillnever disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Food was really good. Waitress was nice. They seemed understaffed. Our food took one hour plus and did not come all out together.Special Features:
- Consistently Good!willyvDined on 9/19/2014We were in town for a convention and ate here twice...it is very good and the service was great too!Special Features:
- Stale breadLuv2eatDined on 9/18/2014We specifically went to the Kona Grill to have a soft shell sandwich. The bread was stale, the crabs were small and basically tasteless.Special Features:
- Looks Nice, Poorly RunBlackSoxManagerVIPDined on 9/17/2014Tuesday night, six PM dinner for two. We order two appetizers, one hot and one cold. The cold one comes out ten minutes before the hot one. To make things worse, the hot one comes out and before my son is finished, the entrees come out while our plates are still in front of us. What's the rush? This is just plain rude. The gluten free menu contains the following tidbit: you can have any sandwich, just hold the bread. Seriously? Look up sandwich in the dictionary. I don't think that qualifies. There is such a thing as gluten free bread. Set aside the complaint about service and gluten free dining, and it comes down to this: my son and I agreed that the food was just so-so. Nothing stood out as particularly good.Special Features:
- Great before the game!Techsan68VIPDined on 9/14/2014We went to Kona Grill before the Orioles game on Sunday night. The convenient location is a great feature, but the Asian Fusion menu is also fun and has lots of tempting offerings. We like the sushi rolls best. Kona makes some imaginative versions of their own that are interesting and delicious at the same time. On this occasion I had the caterpillar roll, which was filled with eel with an avocado coating made to look like a caterpillar. The casual atmosphere is welcoming to logo-dressed sports fans and kids as well as to serious diners. The bar is fantastic!Special Features:
- It was good.HarborvisitorDined on 9/13/2014Interesting island fusion restaurant. Portion sizes and pricing were appropriate. I liked the high booths. I wasn't amazing but it hit the spot! It wasn't stuffy or too fancy. I usually don't order chicken at a restaurant, but I had to go for the macadamia nuts on it!Special Features:
- Just rightKdubswifeDined on 9/13/2014Celebrated son's 16 th birthday during Star Spangle Spectacular. Reservations were easy, service and staff was great and attentive as usual. Food deliciousness also as usual. We love this place and we keep going back. Oh and might I add the desserts are so big and soooo good.Special Features:
- lacondaDined on 9/12/2014They need to give vegetarians some food choices...
- Kona Grill is the perfect pre-gameRaveDined on 9/11/2014Kona Grill was a great pre-Thursday night football game. They seated us quickly and the waiter acknowledged my reservation note about our time constraints. The waiter gave us a heads up when we ordered our second round of drinks that they bar was slammed, which turned out to be a modest wait, but I thought handled very well. Took the on-line advice to order the pot stickers, a very good choice. The seasonal menu was tasty, especially the caprese salad. Pre-event reservations strongly suggested, as there was a line for the walk ups. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant highly and visit again.Special Features:
- Even the repeat was gooddennisDined on 9/6/2014We wandered in off the street for a late lunch and were seated in the enclosed patio. The food and service were excellent albeit somewhat slow due to the convention next door. Since we were in no hurry it was not a problem. There were several items on the menu that looked good so we decided to return for dinner the same evening. We were not disappointed. The flat breads and lamb sandwich were excellent.Special Features:
- Awesome 23rd b'day celebrationAVirgosLove23Dined on 9/3/2014Overall I had a great time here @ Kona grill. All of the employees were nice and made me feel welcomed. And made my day so much more extraordinary, being as though alot of my friends stood me up. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to people especially. If they want a drama free relaxing night out on the town. It is an amazing place and a great experience, i am glad i choose to have my dinner party there. And would do it all again this will always be a birthday I'll remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSim1Dined on 9/3/2014The salmon was excellent (as noted by our Waiter). great dining experience!Special Features: