Kona Grill - Baltimore
1 E Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: 4102448994
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Baldwin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact for details.
A word from Kona Grill - Baltimore
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill"s signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Kona Grill - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Kona Grill - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (78)great for lunch (68)special occasion (51)fit for foodies (50)great for outdoor dining (42)vibrant bar scene (41)hot spot (39)late-night find (30)romantic (27)kid-friendly (25)scenic view (20)neighborhood gem (19)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Great Find!willyvDined on 8/23/2014I've walked past this place many times, had drinks there once. But dinner was a wonderful experience! Food was very great, and the service was excellent!Special Features:
- Very disappointingHuygirDined on 8/21/2014We only tried the calamari and some specialty sushi. Calamari was average. My guess is that KG does not have real sushi chefs making their "house" rolls - flavors are either bland or totally unbalanced. Consequently the food isn't very enjoyable and way over-priced.
- Great foodJwhitc1Dined on 8/16/2014I've been to Kona several times but this was the first time with a large group. The food and drinks, like always were great! The waiter could've been a bit more attentive but wasn't terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food options and ambiencejbreviewerDined on 8/16/2014We sat in the patio area on a very nice evening so it was really nice and relaxed. They had great food options including the sushi. I had the salmon salad but they honored my request to make it all spinach not lettuce. It was delicious! Drinks were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome menu!AdrienneBDined on 8/15/2014This is my third visit to Kona and it is now my go-to inner harbor restaurant. Trying to impress my very particular college daughters....and I really hit the jackpot! Loved the varied menu of delicious sushi, fish, pasta and even burgers! Suited the varied taste buds in our family! Everything was amazing! It was a beautiful night and we chose to sit outside. Perhaps not our best choice as there were street musicians on the corner that were deafening at times.Special Features:
- Great night for us!EnjoyingLifeDined on 8/15/2014Using Opentable was perfect for us since we were 1.5 hours away. We walked in and was seated immediately. We chose to sit on the patio because the night was perfect weather-wise. The waiter was amazing! We just enjoyed ourselves on our anniversary night so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside seatingShirlene83Dined on 8/15/2014We are outside the second time around which was great. A fruit fly got in my bf wine and our waitress got him another glass right away! She was very attentive and didn't bother us too much or too little. It was the right amount. The sushi was great as I devoured the Wave roll, Voodoo roll, & another speciality roll that was on happy hour special & my bf got the lettuce wraps which he said were wonderful and filled him up! We definitely plan on returning to try more or their dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great servicebfamilydinningDined on 8/15/2014Kona had good food and the service was really awesome. Kid and family friendly at a fair price. My only complaint would be they didn't have real crab for their sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDquixote13Dined on 8/14/2014The sushi menu is extensive so we were very excited. The three specialty rolls were disappointing. Really small and not so tasty. Kids chicken tenders were all dried out. Had high hopes because it is such a pretty place and the staff is very friendly, but ultimately, since we all had to get food after our moderately expensive meal, was disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014Always a good destination in Baltimore! Although my fish was not fresh, the manager was wonderful and changed to a fresh entrée!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Finddannylam4Dined on 8/9/2014I found this place thanks to the combination of the local anime convention and restaurant week. Considering it was during one of the busiest times of the summer, I was expecting my reservation to be delayed with how many people were coming in and out, but they managed to seat me immediately (and I was actually the one late, thinking my reservation was 15 minutes later than it actually was!). The food was great, the service was excellent despite her being exhausted from the busy crowds all day. Fantastic work and a great dinner service.Special Features:
- Great food!Shirlene83Dined on 8/8/2014The food was great! Our waitress, Hannah, was very nice & attentive to our needs. She answered questions we had and seemed knowledgeable of the food. The food was wonderfully cooked and flavorful. Next time, we are going back for sushi & I'm really excited. The sushi rolls looked amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BewareAoedineDined on 8/5/2014My coworker and I had the sea bass. It tasted like ammonia.
- enjoyable!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014good lunch selection, nice "covered" outdoor sitting, and wonderful foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food & even better serviceTheLievenseDined on 8/4/2014The food here was AMAZING. Everything was so delicious and the options were very intriguing (steak & lobster sushi roll, gouda fondue w/apples & pretzels). The presentation was also top notch, the kids meal comes in a bento box with the fruit made into an animal. In addition our waitress was friendly, prompt and went above and beyond to ensure that we had a great meal.Special Features:
- Solid all roundGrandonDined on 8/1/2014A varied menu reasonably priced. Excellent and attentive service. Food delicious and timely. Lovely dining room. Kona Grill is now on my short list of favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So sad niko is goneKirasmomVIPDined on 8/1/2014It just wasn't the same without our favorite waiter. Food was amazing though. Cuban sandwich was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Loud, but it was a Friday evening before a baseball game. Great waitress, very friendly. Food was very good, nothing fancy.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great service!kmmbDined on 7/25/2014We had friends coming in from out of town and decided to try Kona Grill. The service was amazing and our food was pretty tasty as well. It was a bit pricey for the portions, but overall we had a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great option in BaltimoreOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014Always consistent good food and drinks, and very happy with the service even on a busy Friday night, always felt attended to. Very good calamari, ordered a second batch as was that goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to the Inner HarborBaltimoreEatsDined on 7/25/2014The lunch pairings is a great value. The food is delicious and the ambiance is warm and inviting. We especially enjoy people watching the enclosed patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceCturnerDined on 7/20/2014We visited Kona Grill this past Sunday to celebrate a close friend's birthday with a 4:30 reservation. A few hours before the reservation, we received a friendly call confirming the reservation and we were seated as soon as we arrived. Our waiter Duane Rawlings gave us impeccable service. He was very knowledgeable of the menu and gave great recommendations. At the end of dinner, the birthday lady expressed her appreciation for the special attention he gave and his ability to meet the needs of the entire party without missing beat. The food was good, but the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!liv715Dined on 7/17/2014I went to Kona Grill for my birthday. The food and service was awesome! I would definitely reccommend Kona Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food trumps serviceKritiqDined on 7/17/2014Our seafood pasta dinners were quite good, and our waiter was pleasant and prompt, but it was offputting to find no one at the front greeter station for some time after we arrived at 7:00. When the greeter did arrive, she wordlessly turned her back on us and took care of something in her station for an awkwardly long time before finally showing us to our tables, with minimal politeness. It was not an encouraging introduction to the restaurant, particularly for my out-of-town guest. The ambience was pleasant once we were seated, though, and the noise level was pleasantly social but not deafening. I would return, but it also wouldn't be my first choice for downtown dining.
- Vegan dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Being a vegan near the harbor makes it challenging to find suitable finds for me as well as my traveling companions. Kona was a hit all the way around! Wonderful sushi, great beer selection and fabulous staff. Would absolutely recommend. We went back to back nights because it was so yummy!Special Features:
- Good food great serviceDCdinerDined on 7/14/2014The food was good, plenty to choose from on the menu. The wait staff was fantastic. I will not hesitate to recommend and go again when I'm in Baltimore again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in downtown BaltimoreDesigningLadiesDined on 7/13/2014This was my second visit to Kona Grille. I enjoyed both the salad that I had for lunch a few weeks ago and the sushi that I had for dinner this week. The atmosphere is very nice with comfortable booths, a large bar and very well-designed furnishings, lighting and decor.Special Features:
- Great Service and foodmomofbspDined on 7/13/2014Our waiter Eddy(Eddie) was fantastic. He was very attentive and made sure we were happy with everything! The food was excellent and we had a little of everything. App, meals, kids meals and dessert. I would recommend the Kona Grill to anyone that is going to the Baltimore area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTLifeStoryLisaDined on 7/12/2014I chose this place for my fiances surprise birthday dinner and he loved it as well as our guests. I look forward to dinning there very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceHenrydbsDined on 7/12/2014We had a reservation after the baseball game. The place was slammed, but they took us exactly on time. Our server was overwhelmed, but a manager stepped up to help him (getting drinks, checking in, etc.) and made the whole experience excellent. Great food, great atmosphere and an outstanding staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeJMac77Dined on 7/12/2014We went to the place after the O's and Yankees game and booked a reservation on Open Table. Great food, good service. Actuay great service if you consider how swamped they were after the late game rush to the hotels. All the appetizers were fantastic and everyone at the table loved their entree. The desserts were great as well, especially the carrot cake.Special Features:
- Business LunchyonnitaDined on 7/9/2014We came with a vendor of ours, to express unpleasant information. The service was good (a new girl was finishing her training, and her trainer should be applauded), food was wonderful, as it usually is. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service was off puttingFrequentwalkertodinnerVIPDined on 7/9/2014I have had lunch at Kona approximately 20 times over the last six months. I usually order the turkey burger and ask for dijon mustard on the side. Kona does not stock dijon for table use, but servers have always been able to honor my request by obtaining a small amount of dijon from the line. I have always been very appreciative of the extra service. When I had lunch there this week the server told me that the restaurant did not have/use dijon mustard. I politely asked him to check with the line. He returned moments later to inform me that he had checked with the line and with his manager and they both told him that they have never had dijon mustard. Very disappointing. 20 lunches will likely go to zero.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014My family had a wonderful time at the restaurant The food and atmosphere was amazing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014Kona Grill is a convenient lunch option and accommodating to large group requests (separate checks!). The noise level does not allow for speaches during a group meal. A private room would be nice.Special Features:
- Happy CustomerKiwiKittyDined on 6/28/2014We set up a reservation for 3 on fairly short notice on a weekend, and Kona Grill was able to accommodate us. We even had to call and change the reservation to 30 minutes later, smack in the middle of Saturday night dining, and they were very gracious and changed our time. We found the manager, hostess, and waitress all fresh and smiling.... like we were their first customers of the day, in spite of it being insanely busy in the restaurant due to baseball and convention visitors. The food was great, and we loved the big aquarium tanks full of exotic fish. I especially liked that they had their patio glass "doors/walls" open; the temperature in the restaurant was just perfect! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- SplowdDined on 6/27/2014my new favorite spot. The happy hour prices are great. $6.00 meals I love it.Special Features:
- First time visitMikeDined on 6/27/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant. The food was outstanding. The service was slow and the place was not that crowded. They did however take off the price of my food item which took the longest to arrive at our table. We will visit again when we are downtown.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014The food was great and our server was good and funny!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointsmach086Dined on 6/21/2014An upbeat atmosphere with excellent food this is a frequent stop for us. And, if you need a sugar rush, get the carrot cake and be prepared to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.