Kona Grill - Austin
11410 Century Oaks Terrace
Austin, TX 78758Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Austin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: (512) 835-5900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: 28312
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kona Grill - Austin
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill's signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Kona Grill - Austin - Best Restaurants in Northwest ›
Kona Grill - Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (10)good for groups (10)special occasion (7)romantic (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not a good experiencepoppyqDined on 10/25/2014Arrived with a 7:45 reservation and taken to a circular table in the middle. I asked for one of the open booths but was told they were reserved. Why was I forced to sit in one spot when others were open? When our waitress finally arrived (long enough that we had already decided what we were ordering), she then took almost as long to finally return with our waters. She didn't bother asking if we were ready to order but simply dropped the waters off and left. From seating to food arriving took over an hour with a lot of empty glasses. Our waitress appeared to have only two tables (I could see her come from the kitchen area). My lobster mac & cheese was horribly disappointing. I expected more from Kona Grill. I won't be back.
- good sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014Sushi was fresh and service was very good. I recommend the mix drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressionable ExperienceLaMeraMeraDined on 9/19/2014I overall liked the whole experience since I wanted everything to be perfect since I was bringing a first timer there, the only thing that kept it from being like that is my food didn't look appetizing and presentable because the pasta looked dry and the bread was over toasted making it have the black burnt look on it..I didn't eat that of course since I don't like burnt bread, but the pasta was good and he said his burger was good as well..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDavePDined on 9/17/2014Our party of 12 had a great time and everyone enjoyed the apps and meals! I was surprised that we only had one server for such a large group but our server didn't miss a beat and provided awesome service with respect and a smile all night. Great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchMamaLisaDined on 9/7/2014A great place for a family birthday celebration. Something tasty for everyone. The service was very good and attentive. The birthday girl even got a free yummy dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One bite!4porschesDined on 8/23/2014One bite is all I could stand. First time I can ever remember getting a dish that was totally inedible. I got the jambalaya and it didn't taste like any jambalaya I've ever had. It was almost bland and extremely bitter.
- First TimerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We came for my wife's birthday, 9 of us. Everything was great from walking in the door to paying and walking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pinkie666Dined on 8/5/2014Wine glass was dirty so returned it Waitress was ok until she got larger party then we were forgotten The pasta dish was not good We have eaten there several times and this was the worst It was my wives birthday dinner tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent choice!AustinBlueDogDined on 7/26/2014This is an excellent restaurant. We loved the food, quality, selections and staff were terrific.Special Features:
- Excellent happy hourSabrina411Dined on 7/22/2014Sushi offered at half off during happy hour was excellent. Bar service attentive and friendly. Great place for a girls' night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorless FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014I've been to this Kona Grill and the one in San Antonio, and the food at the one in San Antonio has so much more flavor. We ordered the Potstickers and the Beef tacos for Apps. When you cut into the Potstickers, it looked like hamburger meat was inside with very little flavor. Most of the flavor came from the dipping sauce. For some reason, the Beef Tacos came with chicken in them, and they were rolled up, not folded like a taco should be. The flavor was very bland also. I ordered the Meatloaf, and it has chopped carrots in it. I've never seen that before. when I went to take a bite, each piece disintegrated every time my fork touched it. You couldn't stick your fork in it, you had to scoop it up. I ended up leaving most on the plate.
- The following 266 reviews are from the Kona Grill - Austin reviews archive.
- Father's Day Lunch...MelanieDined on 6/15/2014My parents are pretty traditional and classic when it comes to cuisine. So, when I mentioned Asian-Hawaiian-American fusion cuisine, they were a bit apprehensive. But the food won them over! Everything was delicious!Special Features:
- Some great stuff, slow bar serviceTexasTDined on 6/12/2014I am a known fan of Kona and the Macadamia Nut Chicken. This time it was cold and a bit bland and had to be sent back, as did my Meyers & Pineapple Juice. Twice. First time it was Meyers & coke, not PJ. Second time there was soda in the drink, which I can't have. Sigh. Everybody was pleasant, but not super-apologetic, and no "we'll take that off your bill" or a return visit from the mgr. Calamari was outstanding, as was the bread pudding. Seriously yummy. Potstickers, unfortunately, were hard and kind of tasteless. Sushi rolls were 1/2 and 1/2. One was fishy, other spicy and tasty. It's a pretty location, but they didn't deal particularly well with 8 people. I give Kona 4 stars in general, but only 3 for this trip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014This was my first visit to Kona Grill and the service and food was great!Special Features:
- Group dining made funCindyprrDined on 6/6/2014We went to Kona Grill with a group of 7. It took them a very short time to arrange our table. The food was good, the drinks were good and the service was great. The butter cake is to die for! I will definitely be going back. Very nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and experience!JenniferVIPDined on 5/28/2014This was my first time to Kona and the food was fabulous! Took a client for lunch and left completely satisfied. I ate their new tuna/lobster flatbread - awesome! Sushi fabulous. Look forward to returning!Special Features:
- Good food, atmo just OKFoodNerdDined on 5/16/2014Had the spinach & artichoke dip which was tasty, but I'm knocking the food down one star because the spinach was whole leaves, which made it hard to eat. The spinach was fresh though. We ordered the oriental salad & the Cobb-like salad. Both were very tasty & well-dressed (one of my peeves is when restaurants bring your a large bowl of salad with 1 tsp of dressing.) Hah - When I called & asked for a quiet table, the waitress said that they had no tables available. I said, but I just made a reservation. Then she said, well, we do have a booth. The hostess was very accommodating, seating my mom & me as far from the noise of the bar as possible. Our waiter seemed green, lacking training. Other patrons were quite the hoi polloiSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Mother's Day LunchCakeyDined on 5/11/2014Ate Mother's Day lunch at Kona Grill and it was fantastic! We all had several seafood items; I had the Seabass---melt in your mouth delicious, my husband had the Tuna--he said it was great, and my son had combo-steak and fish...all wonderful, delicious choices. Can't wait to return to try other items on the menu. Come here for a memorable lunch or dinner at the domain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- People Menu TooForgettableDined on 5/9/2014LOUD but fun. Wish I were younger....very cruisy and gorgeous waiters and HOT HOT young people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3/3 Steaks cooked wrongTrowDined on 5/3/2014All three in party ordered the ribeye steaks cooked medium. When they arrived one was rare and the other two were medium rare. We sent the rare steak back to be cooked longer and settled on the other two that were medium rare as we did not want them over cooked. The server never once apologized. Never got a visit to the table from the manager with an apology. No offer of comping the steak or offering dessert as compensation for the error. Very disappointed.
- First TimeMimiDined on 4/25/2014This was my first time at Kona Grill and I will return to try something different. The food was goodSpecial Features:
- Sushi HeavenSorellDined on 4/5/2014We went to Kona specifically for the sushi on this occasion. The menu and fresh fish selections did not disappoint. We are obsessed with the spicier "Kona" selections. We dined on the jalapeno yellowtail shashimi, the Checkerboard Roll, the Bama roll and the Picasso. All were fresh and expertly prepared. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-Day DinnerLynnTEDined on 4/3/2014Great place to have a b-day dinner with the family. All of us loved our entrees, will definitely come back and check out the lunch menu. Afterwards, we walked the Domaine. It was a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for familiesFreintimeDined on 3/22/2014Don't get me wrong ... "great place for families" should not be construed as a boring or meh dining spot. Yes, it is a chain. But we've taken our 2.5 year old there multiple times now -- the spot up in the Austin Arboretum -- and not only does she, along with us, get great healthy food choices but enjoys her meal. Added bonus for us with two children under 3 years old are the big booths that afford some privacy. Good, if not outstanding meals, good to great service attentiveness, and nice decor with the big fishtanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch dateKathyVIPDined on 3/15/2014The food was good; but what made the experience outstanding was the service. Our waiter was thoughtful caring and kind. He was attentive and genuinely committed to serve. This man was a rare find. It made the entire experience perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesnt have an identitiyMrandMrsCVIPDined on 3/13/2014Bad, food, bad music,ok services. They cant decide it they are a bar, sushi or fusion joint. Just bad. If you are at the domain just drive past. There are many other quality restaurants.
- Kona Grill was greatarmywifetDined on 3/8/2014We had a good time. They accommodated our large party. Food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014I have enjoyed Kona's happy hour many times but now I know that's all they have. We went for dinner and everything was a disappointment. Sushi was bad, miso soup tasteless, Cobb salad bad. The pad Thai was decent but we waited an hour for food almost. Our waitress forgot one of our friends entire order and had an excuse for everything. We got wine glasses with lipstick on them. Food runners brought our food but would forget things like soy sauce for sushi and silverware. The list really goes on and on. After that experience, I probably won't even go back for happy hour.
- Kona 2/28/14EatingOutDined on 2/28/2014Good: Sea Bass special was delicious. Server was polite if not entertaining. Atmosphere was OK. Not too loud. Interior was pleasant to look at. Not so Good: Bombay Sapphire Gin and Tonic was mediocre. Seemed a bit watered down. Tonic was flat. Appetizer plate was dirty. Had to ask for another one. Too pricey for what you get.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place to rememberRTBKDined on 2/25/2014The atmosphere was nice and the food was outstanding. I appreciate the chef making changes to the recipes to meet my diet restrictions as I had requested. Service was one of the best we have received in a while. Wine list is very nice. great place to take a date or have a date night. they go out of the way to make it right. Management staff were very attentive to my needs and I appreciated that, and will return for another date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good variety for lunch orbpnobleVIPDined on 2/17/2014Good variety for lunch or dinner. Good for Happy Hour, too.Special Features:
- Great food; service ; andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014Great food; service ; and hospitality energetic servicers ! We definitely will return !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place w/ great food n serviceTheShreddaDined on 2/14/2014The place looked great. The waiter was excellence. The food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolute must!!!foodcritic2Dined on 2/14/2014This restaurant was everything. The food was better than great. The atmosphere was phenomenal. Although it was very pricey, it was well worth it. I commend the chef!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice SurprisekrayzierussianDined on 2/14/2014This was a very pleasant experience. Came here for the first time and was quiet surprised. Very nice atmosphere, food tasted excellent. Had the Jambalaya and a couple of their sushi rolls. The drinks were also great! My girlfriend had their Mojito and it tasted excellent. Would definitely recommend this place and will likely come back to visit again soon. I didn't rate it 5 stars simply because to me 5 stars is for a place that really blows me away and surpasses quality of service and food. None the less, this is an excellent restaurant to visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant Valentines!KarlaDined on 2/14/2014Went to Kona for Valentines Day and had the best time ever! Food was delicious, staff was friendly, and the wait people stellar! Wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine'sPulakDined on 2/14/2014Took a girl out for Valentine's day. Great food, reasonable prices, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the seared ahiDanielDined on 2/14/2014The atmosphere was nice, our server was attentive and the food was excellent! The seared ahi was wonderful and was presented beautifully. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mat eve and keeton were fabulous FrOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/14/2014Mat eve and keeton were fabulous Free dessert cause my spouse was not wow about the meatloafSpecial Features:
- Very NiceLarryDined on 2/14/2014We had a very nice Valentines dinner. Very good waiter, pleasant staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.