Komoon Thai Sushi & Ceviche
1575 Pine Ridge Rd
Naples, FL 34105Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Komoon Thai Sushi & Ceviche
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.komoonthai.com/
- Phone: 2395969991
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Sunday- Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai, Peruvian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Komoon Thai Sushi & Ceviche
Komoon Thai Sushi & Ceviche invites you to experience a unique and savory selection of some of the finest cuisines from the magical lands of Thailand, Japan and Peru. Exceptional food, great service, and a relaxed atmosphere all come together for an extraordinary dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Komoon Thai Sushi & Ceviche reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (2)good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- huge selectionchicajillVIPDined on 9/11/2014huge selection of Thai, Peruvian, Japanese & Vietnamese foods. Pad Thai very good. Panang curry with beef god but the beef very chewy.
- JulianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Excellent food!! I found this restaurant in Tripadvisor...made the reservation with open table... I'm very happy !!!Special Features:
- Needs improvementmiamichachiDined on 7/23/2014The food was an odd combination and nothing was really great from the sampling we had. However the entertainment was great and so was the ambiance. Recommend it for the entertainment more than the food.
- The following 76 reviews are from the Komoon Thai Sushi & Ceviche reviews archive.
- Good ExperienceIloveFOODDined on 6/18/2014This was our first time going to Komoon. Many people has recommended this place and a few of my coworker came as well. The price is reasonable. I had the lunch special with a spicy tuna roll and the beef lomo saltado. I enjoyed my dish very much. My coworker had the chicken pad thai and chicken fried rice lunch special. They said the pad thai was only so so. I would definitely come back again and try the other Peruvian dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still looking.....SkeeterVIPDined on 5/10/2014We have lived in Naples for a year and owned for 6. Komoon is pretty good but we are still looking for Pad Thai that is as good as we used to get in Kansas City. Leave the rice noodles alone, don't break them up into little pieces and stop drowning them in sauce. We will go back, but will try something different.Special Features:
- Komoon Thai-Naplesdrdms1VIPDined on 5/8/2014Great restaurant. Always a delicious experience. Food is fresh; service is great.Special Features:
- Food was great but bewareicarmagicVIPDined on 4/30/2014You will see the prior reviews all talk about how they don't respect the reservation system. I didn't believe it completely, I figured 'ok, bad night' or 'ok they got slammed' but now after eating there I think it's just a genuine lack of respect for anyone's time but theirs. The food is really good, they had live music which would have been fun but instead we were bitten by mosquitoes outside after waiting 45 minutes for a table that would never come. This is really not a restaurant, it's a bar with food and they won't even let you stand by the bar if you are waiting for a table. I suspect if you are willing to get there at 4pm for an 8pm table it's worth going for the food, but I'm not and we're never going back
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2014We visited Komoon several times and it's always great. This time we ordered lobster special roll of a whole lobster! It was amazing! Delicious and special!!! Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great Thai FoodGrinderDined on 4/24/2014Spent a year in Thailand back in the 70's and was married to a Thai for 9 years so am pretty picky concerning Thai food. Komoon Thai is one of the best Thai restaurants I've encountered in the states. I've had several of the Thai dishes there and they are all very good. My first was fried rice because that is how I judge a Thai restaurant, if it has the taste and is presented the way my ex used to make it then I know it is authentic Thai. Komoon measured up in all ways. They have yet to disappoint.Special Features:
- Terrific menuDennisRVIPDined on 4/18/2014They have so many great dishes, you will go back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Service Needs helpPameyVIPDined on 4/13/2014The food is excellent here. The ceviche is amazing and there other Thai dishes are flavorful and not too spicy. The problem is the service. The wait staff barely speaks English, so communicating is a problem. Also, we ordered ceviche as an appetizer, got it, and literally 2 minutes later our main entrees came out. Instead of bringing them back and keeping them hot, the waitress shoved them on the table where there was barely any room as we were still eating our appetizer. The kitchen needs to learn timing, and the wait staff needs to be taught how to allow people to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding sushi and thai foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014Had the large sushi boat for the four of us and it was terrific.Even with four sushi eaters we couldn't finish it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weak serviceandyDined on 3/29/2014The service was very very slow both for drinks and food. Resturant seemed very disorganized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food, poor kitchen coordinationEddieGDined on 3/21/2014My wife and I were anxious to have some good Thai food and went here based on some favorable reviews. However, the less-than-favorable comments about poor service should have been a warning. The waitress had a bit of a language problem, but what set the tip one was when she plopped the unopened beer can on the table and quickly exited. My wife's appetizer came first, already quite late. Mine followed another 10 minutes later. The entrees came more than 20 minutes after we finished our appetizers. The bill was also late (the table next to us waited over 15 minutes for their bill). And all of this occurred before they were really busy. I enjoyed the food, although my wife found it uninteresting. Maybe the long wait tempered her taste buds.
- Good dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2014Great food in quiet setting. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- A little disappointed!SwaneeDined on 3/12/2014The food was great - but the reservation system did now work out great - had to wait over 20 minutes for a table even though we had made reservations.Special Features:
- There were five in our party.FraserpointemanDined on 3/12/2014There were five in our party. This was our third visit and all enjoyed their food and would definitely return. We came especially for the live entertainment on Wednesday eveningsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingTessDined on 3/12/2014We had made reservations far enough in advance were there were plenty of times around our 5:15 time slot, yet we were put by the area where the waitresses placed orders got water, picked up orders and brought dirty dishes. Very unappetizing, we asked to sit somewhere else and because they were seats for 4 they said they were reserved. Would I go again? Maybe not. Would I recommend? Maybe not. I may try the one on Bonita Beach Rd. which I understand is a larger restaurant . Food was pretty good, not a lot of meat in the dishes.
- I made a reservation. WhenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2014I made a reservation. When we arrived the restaurant was empty. Asked to sit at a both said we had to sit had at a table near the kitchen service area. This was unacceptable. Service was low and the waiter had an attitude. This was an empty restaurant ! I have been there several times and will probably never go back after how rudely we were treated.Special Features:
- Great sushi and thai food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2014We were in town on a business trip/family vacation and this restaurant was recommended to us. The sushi was fresh and well prepared and the thai food was fantastic! Great food! Will come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VarietyRowdyVIPDined on 3/10/2014They had many rolls to choose from and entrees as well.Special Features:
- great restaurantCNKMVIPDined on 3/10/2014Great Sushi and fun Peruvian and Thai food. A very pleasant atmosphere. Would go back there anytime.Special Features:
- Never even got a tableGinaDined on 2/25/2014I made reservations for here because I know they can become very busy and fill up. Upon arrival there was a line out the door to even talk to a hostess. Everyone in front of us did not have reservations and were seated right away. When they asked if I had a reservation and for my name. They told us it would be just one moment while they got the table ready. After twenty minutes of standing around and waiting we left. I do not appreciate being treated this way and will not be returning to this restaurant.
- Yummy!!PameyVIPDined on 2/18/2014This was our first time at Komoon but definitely not our last. The food was excellent!! I had shrimp ceviche which was plentiful and flavorful. My husband had the whole snapper which was "fried" and then put back into the fish, but it was awesome.Special Features:
- Komoon Thai-Naplesdrdms1VIPDined on 2/15/2014With two locations, Komoon Thai provides great food to both the Naples, Estero and Bonita Springs areas. We like the Naples location for its staff and ambience. The food is always spot-on and the restaurant caters to special requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor serviceNaplesdinersDined on 1/31/2014Service was so slow. Took forever to get appetizers. Another 30 min to get one entree, another 20 min to get other entree! We ate separately! Manager apologized but didn't offer to comp our meal! Will never go back!
- After reading reviews aboutLinstasDined on 1/31/2014After reading reviews about bad service I was expecting to wait. On the contrary! Service was excellent and food was delicious. I checked in on yelp and got free spring rolls. For the main course I had a Peruvian fish dish. Very flavorful! My daughter had shrimp pad thai and said it was also excellent. We shared the donuts with a dipping sauce and it good but not the best I've eaten. We will return!Special Features:
- Excellent Thai foodNjalVIPDined on 1/24/2014We had the Thai dishes; they were all very good. The menu also has sushi and Peruvian dishes. The restaurant was busy and the crowd was definitely on the young side, which is a nice change for Naples.Special Features:
- Komoon Thaidrdms1VIPDined on 1/21/2014Always spot on great food and service. We visited the Naples location but have also dined at the new Bonita Springs location. We enjoy the variety of food-Thai, Peruvian, Sushi. It gives us a chance to experiment and try new flavors! My favorite is the cashew stir fry because I can add lots of vegetables. The sauce is very good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & such variety!DoatsVIPDined on 1/21/2014We enjoyed all aspects of the wonderful menu: Thai, Japanese & Peruvian options made choosing difficult! We tried something of each type of food & each choice was excellent. We would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific ThaipartyofthreeDined on 1/13/2014Though a little difficult to find (in the corner of L-shaped Mission Square Shopping Center, Naples, FL), Komoon is worth the hunt. Three of us sampled Sushi, a chicken broth based, slightly Japanese style Won-ton Soup and a Thai soup as well as several Thai entrees. The waiter was very helpful answering questions and making recommendations. We enjoyed our dinners so much, we returned again the following week. When we return to Naples, we will go back again! Note: We did not try anything from the Peruvian side of the menu, so cannot rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time aroundCityFolkVIPDined on 1/9/2014Tried the sushi this time and it was so fresh and delicious. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- DeliciousCityFolkVIPDined on 1/8/2014If you like Thai or sushi, you won't be disappointed. Really good.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2013Sushi, Thai and Peruvian cuisine was all excellent. We would go there again anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seasonal BackupBayladyDined on 12/27/2013We are enthusiastic ethnic restaurant fans and new to the Naples area. Komoon came highly recommended to us. Unfortunately, it was Christmas week and our waitress was overwhelmed and had slight command of English. The wait for the food was at least 30 minutes and we got a wrong item and the appetizers were the last thing brought to the table. To add the finishing service snafu, the bill contained an item we did not order which represented a 25% increase in the total. While the bill was adjusted, there were no apologies offered. Hence, the service fiasco overshadowed the experience and left us with only a "fair" rating of the restaurant. Our advice is beware of seasonal crowds and inexperienced wait staff and try to go early or very late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas surprise!DawnDined on 12/25/2013My mom and I decided to go Thai for Christmas. Since it was only us, why bother with shopping, cooking, and dishes? We had such a good time at Komoon. The servers were friendly even tasking a few pics for us. The food came out fast and it was fresh and delicious! They serve Thai, Japanese, and Peruvian dishes cooked with equal authenticity. I guarantee you will love Komoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- asian diningfleiDined on 12/24/2013pad thai excellent, california roll and ceviche excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good sushiKathyDined on 12/6/2013We will definitely return to this little spot--we were pleasantly surprised. We had the simple salad, miso soup and the shumai which are staples of ours at sushi restaurants and they didn't disappoint. I forget the name of the special roll we had but that was also good. The sashimi platter of tuna, white tuna & salmon was exceptional. The only thing that we would not order again was the ceviche. We don't have it often but it seems to be one of the many specialties of this restaurant. We chose the shrimp and white fish combo. The seafood portion was fine but it was covered in red onions and had so much citrus flavor -- it was way too tangy for our tastes and we even left some of the seafood. Would like better wine selection by the glass.Special Features:
- Fun, but........DavidVIPDined on 12/4/2013When we made our reservation we were unaware of the live band. The table reserved for us was right next to the band. We requested a different table away from the band and were given one with no problem, the last table available. The evening was entertaining, (music was good and the dancers in the narrow passage between bar and booths was entertaining) but because of the loud music, we had no chance to converse with our dinner guests. The food was great, and if we want to go for an entertaining evening, we would in the future request either a table outside (where the music was perfect level) or go on another evening.Special Features:
- An around the world YUM!DandKVIPDined on 11/22/2013Ok so maybe we really only covered 2 continents but still it was a fantastic food voyage! We had 2 specialty sushi dishes which were outstanding. We then moved to Peru and had one ceviche dish - also wonderful. Really good flavors. It was then on to Thai food and had the best ever Tom Kha soup (and I try it everywhere). Our Thai noodle dish was also very good. We sat at the sushi bar and the sushi chef was delightful offering good suggestions. The hostess and waiter were very friendly and sincerely interested in making our experience there great. Not sure how a restaurant can take you to so many food locations and yet make you feel so at home but they have it mastered. Bravo and thanks! We will be back soon with friends in tow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.