4152 Cole Ave #106
Dallas, TX 75204Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.komalirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2142520200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday 5pm to 10:30 pm
Brunch: Friday - Sunday 10:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Regional Mexican, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Abraham Salum and Julio Peraza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: A wide variety of authentic Mexican dishes is offered in our catering menu. We will tailor the menu to your needs.
A word from Komali Restaurant
Komali in Nahuatl, the Aztec language, means Comal, the griddle were Mexicans cook their tortillas. Komali serves a menu of Regional and Modern Mexican Cuisine. Komali serves hand-made tortillas, fresh salsas, great seafood and meat dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Komali Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Komali Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (66)neighborhood gem (49)special occasion (43)great for brunch (43)good for groups (31)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (29)romantic (19)great for lunch (16)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (6)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Love this place!TomSVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great as always! Excellent food and service, we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Fri 8/22PPPPVIPDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant shows great promise and the food in intriguing and inspiring. However (a) the food needs further refinement - some of the sauces are too heavy - for example the Texas redfish with peaches is a great light dish but it's served swimming in a heavy butter sauce - so unnecessary and (b) the wait staff skills including English need improvement
- Fab food & service!!!linsaysgoodfoodDined on 8/17/2014Great food and service. We were so happy we found this little gem in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Komali... Just Fantastic!Cozym0nkey911Dined on 8/17/2014Had a girls only brunch. Service was great! Our server was very prompt, quite knowledgeable about the menu and very efficient. Most of all, he was friendly but not intrusive. Our food came out quickly, we tried the mushroom Crepes, huevos rancheros and chilaquiles! Our taste buds were awakened with the wonderful flavors. Chips were brought out but did not get full on them as the kitchen produced our meal so quickly! Dessert consisted of churros and chocolate, strawberries and cream and the cajeta Crepes! Yummo!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently good!LateNightMikeDined on 8/16/2014Abraham has it going on. The food is always outstanding and the staff makes the overall experience top notch. everything i have had there has been great.Special Features:
- Not super spicyWendytropicsDined on 8/16/2014The food was great but I would say not the spicy I was looking for and not very Mexican. All 3 of us got something different and it was great but just not what I expected since they are a Mexican food establishment. The staff was amazing and service was quick. The location was convenient but I was not impressed by the outside and would not want to sit outside because the view would have been of the parking lot and valet. I would recommend this place and go again because the food was so good and differentSpecial Features:
- Great brunchJadawiDined on 8/16/2014I met a couple girlfriends here for brunch before we had facials one Saturday. I found it on the D Magazine best brunch list. We tried the chilaquiles, the mushroom crepes, and the tamarind mimosas. All were delicious! We will have to come back with our husbands and kids next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks, poor foodCriticCatDined on 8/15/2014We started with the Maracas and Komali margarita which were both quite tasty... Just be sure you don't bite into the pineapple without expecting a tequila shot! Luckily our server warned us of the tequila soaked fruit beforehand. I had the garlic shrimp which was just OK, I would not order it again... Especially for $24! My friend had the chicken enchiladas and there was a 2 inch piece of bone cartiledge in it. They did take $5 off her meal for the error. Dallas knows how to do Mexican and Komali is not the spot for it.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencedinesalotDined on 8/15/2014We had dinner for 4 on Friday night and it was a wonderful experience. The uncommon margaritas were delicious (although expensive) and our waiter led us to the right choices that were spicy and not overly sweet. The Mexican street corn was an incredible way to start the meal. The chicken enchiladas with mole sauce: wonderful! The crowd was beautiful & handsome, lively, and diverse. Abraham Salum, the chef owner, was active with our table and many others around us, and took care to make sure everyone was enjoying. The waitstaff was bouncing between big and small tables, and a major sports celebrity's posse seamlessly. The food was excellent, the people were beautiful, and this diner was happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fine In Dallasdallasdining05Dined on 8/14/2014Services was the BEST! Food was excellent! Could not have asked for a better waiter. His recommendations were right on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently greatJguemesVIPDined on 8/3/2014I've been eating in this place for few years now and the quality of the food has always being awesome. Not to talk about the cocktails variety and quality. The best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Guac & MargaritasLaceDined on 8/1/2014Had a great night out with a large group- and we enjoyed some delicious food. Their signature 'caliente' margarita is great, and the guac is a yummy way to start the meal. Nice vibe to the place, but a little loud.Special Features:
- Checked it off my listdallasdachshundloverDined on 7/19/2014Had been wanting to try Komali since it opened. Friends who had been said the food was average but the drinks were great. I had to see for myself, so we finally went over the weekend. Tried two different margaritas and both were really good. However, the food was only average. Not bad by any means but, if I'm going to pay a little more than average, I expect better than average food. Maybe I was expecting too much since Salum (Abraham's restaurant next door) is such a favorite of mine. I will definitely go back for drinks at the bar, maybe just not dinner. The restaurant itself is very sleek and has a really good atmosphere, and our waiter was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite meal in DallasFood4ThoughtDined on 7/18/2014I've come to Dallas for two weeks and eaten my way through the city at several of the best restaurants. Lunch at Komali's is the meal that I am still thinking about and craving a second time. The lump crab salad was so light, fresh, and delicious. The margaritas were great, but they have won so many awards that they don't even need my endorsement. The service was very friendly. We ate on the patio, but the inside is très chic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Transcendent MexicanBudman3VIPDined on 7/11/2014Amazing flavors combine to make a memorable dining experience Start with one of Leanna's signature Margarita's and allow Julio to guide you on a Tasting tour of Mexico Fabulous , canons say enough about service ,food and overall experienceSpecial Features:
- Thursday Night DinnerSharkmanDined on 7/10/2014After having read review after internet review , we decided to forgo our usual trip to Javier's and try this well-reviewed place that bills itself as contemporary Mexican. All reviews warned of valet-only; yet as we drove up, no valet was to be found. We were greeted and quickly seated. The place was less than half-full, but we could tell that the noise level was going to be high. We ordered several different margaritas and they were OUTSTANDING. The service was very attentive without being intrusive. Excellent. BUT the food was mediocre at best. Guacamole tasted and textured like mushy peas. The fish entree was well-buttered to hide a somewhat fishy taste. Portions are very small for a very high price. We're going back to Javier's.
- Over pricedBritkDined on 7/5/2014Let me start by saying that our waiter was wonderful and really knew the menu. However, the portions are extremely small and the food is over-priced. The margaritas were tasty, but weak. My husband and I each had two of their "famous" margaritas, which were the equivalent of 1/2 a mambo taxi....and they were $12 each! Almost $50 for nothing. We didn't have a "bad" experience, but we will not be returning.
- met my expectationsselectiveDined on 6/29/2014Being from Mexico City and having a discriminating taste, I am somewhat critical of those establishments in the Dallas area touting to serve so-called mexican food. Komali restaurant met my expectations in the dishes we ordered. The service was superior. Our waiter Ricardo was not only prompt, friendly and available but was the ultimate professional in his service and attentiveness towards us............Ricardo is the perfect example of what people in the service industry should be, someone whose priority is to do anything in his power to give the customer a memorable experience. Will be recommending Komali Restaurant to all my friends and associates.Special Features:
- Love this place!TomSVIPDined on 6/28/2014We truly enjoyed our experience here, food and drinks were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Chef and MenusamlVIPDined on 6/28/2014Chef Julio Peraza has updated the menu. Well worth checking it out if you haven't been for a while, or even if you have.Special Features:
- RogerCDined on 6/21/2014A friend recommended this restaurant and I have to say was pleasantly surprised. The food was outstanding with dishes I had never heard of before, the service was exceptional - our server was friendly, helpful in explaining the menu and attended to us regularly during the meal. I would highly recommend Komali to anyone.Special Features:
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014This definitely wasn't Tex Mex. I had the chicken enchilada's and they were GREAT! The margarita's were really good too! We ordered the queso as an appetizer, and I do have to say I wasn't a fan. I've never had to cut my queso with a knife before, lol. It was good, but different.Special Features:
- Komali'sCofferloverDined on 6/21/2014Excellent restaurant for Saturday Brunch. Great food and mimosas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teresa's reviewyumyumDined on 6/18/2014Very friendly people, good service, great bar and interesting and unique menu. Awesome margaritas. When this restaurant is full, and it was---it is very noisySpecial Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Inventive, not your typical Mexican fare, FAB! I am a Florida girl acustom to Cuban food which embodies many flavors and is not just rice and beans. THIS food was not just rice and beans. It boasted rich French influence. I enjoyed the Beef Hash, and the side of bacon is to die for!Special Features:
- Interesting menu!DallasgalVIPDined on 6/14/2014Enjoyed everything we ordered! It was fun having so many interesting choices--just in the margarita category alone! The food delectable! And our friends, who had never been before, were definitely impressed! Thank you!Special Features:
- Foodie68Foodie68Dined on 6/13/2014We arrived at the Komili's at 1pm on Friday and the place was empty except for a bar patron and a table of dining guest. The food was good, but not something that overwhelming. The server was attentive. The flow of courses from the kitchen was just right. My only complaint is that the salsa was soo good only to be served with a chip that is too thick and almost rock like!Special Features:
- Love this place!TomSVIPDined on 6/8/2014This place gets it, great food and service. I love the atmosphere at Komali!Special Features:
- service and foodkennethDined on 6/7/2014Dwayne's recommendations were great. service exceptional. had the specials that evening, they were wonderful flavor and creativitySpecial Features:
- Great Brunch!mbindcDined on 6/1/2014The brisket scramble is top notch. And I'm not sure what they do to their black beans, but I always want more! Oh, and the queso fundido... delicious! The service is great and the tamarind mimosas are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food and service!DNutritionista303Dined on 5/31/2014I am a nutritionist and radio show host from Denver, CO. I was in Dallas visiting my family and always research great places to take my family. I read about Komali in a Dallas online publication and made a reservation. From the minute we walked in to the minute we left, we had exceptional Service from the hostess to our server. The ambiance was beautiful and simple yet elegant and modern. Our server was incredibly knowledgable and I was thrilled to hear about not only the eclectic and authentic real Mexican style dishes but also the focus on healthier cooking methods. I will definitely be doing a review of Komali on my radio show this Friday and will be back when in Dallas next month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply greathomegrownchefDined on 5/24/2014This restaurant is extraordinary. Great cocktails and the food is authentic Mexican.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and deliciousskinnyfoodieDined on 5/24/2014Brunch was very good. Have had dinner twice and the specialties are wonderful. Service was very good and personal. Really enjoy this restaurant and can't wait to try more of their menu. The specialty drinks from the bar were pricey but very good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLynellDined on 5/18/2014I've been for both dinner and brunch and was NOT disappointed either time. The Tamarind Margarita is fabulous at dinner and the Tamarind Mimosa is just as great for brunch. I had the Huevos Rancheros for brunch and it was nothing short of amazing. The Ceviche is so fresh and the best I've had in a long time. I also like that they offer gluten free items on the menu as I have a friend who is allergic. Great spot overall.Special Features:
- Delicious authentic MexicanFoodie912Dined on 5/16/2014The food is amazing. Our sever did an excellent job giving us food and beverage recommendations--the cocktail list is incredible. This is a great and fun place for just happy hour or a special occasion later in the evening! Outdoor patio gives option to wine/dine outside, but the interior has a great atmosphere as well. Service was superb. Excellent all across the board and highly recommended. Will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way better than standard Tex-MexPaulDined on 5/13/2014The food was excellent, with fresh ingredients evident in everything. The guacamole was notably outstanding. In addition, the service was excellent - attentive without being intrusive. And for good measure, the prices were reasonable and there was ample off street parking. A great find!Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Made reservations through Open Table and we were seated promptly upon arrival, actually 10 mins early! My wife had the Migas and I had the huevas rancheros with a side of the chipotle bacon - highly recommended!Special Features:
- Yummy for your tummyVeruca19Dined on 5/11/2014The combination of ingredients used in all dishes are amazing!! I will be bringing more people to eat there and recommend your restaurant to everyone I know!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyDrivinginfromtheburbsDined on 5/10/2014The hostesses and wait-staff could not have been nicer and the restaurant is very attractive. Food highlights, very good guacamole and the house salad (grilled baby romaine with corn salad) was fantastic. However, the spicy pork ribs were ridiculously spicy (and I LOVE spicy foods). My wife’s fish portion seemed a bit small. To me, the salsa tasted a bit like chunky pizza sauce. I don't feel like a got a good value, for my money, I prefer Meso Maya.
- Gross!GourmetDivaVIPDined on 5/10/2014If I could rate a dining destination with zero stars, Komali would be rated zero stars. We have never experienced such poor cuisine in Dallas. The only positive remark I will make is the staff is very friendly and the cocktails were very good. The chef at Komali really should take a good look at what is coming out of his kitchen because, I would have rather dined at Taco Bell than Komali. Our food was cold and had to have been "pre-made" and warmed in the microwave. It food was truly disgusting!