Kokomos - Mirage
Mirage Hotel & Casino
3400 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Mirage Hotel & Casino
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Kokomos - Mirage
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mirage.com/restaurants/kokomos.aspx
- Phone: 8663394566
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Eugene Staples
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Kokomos - Mirage
Our legendary indoor tropical rainforest is your backdrop. The plate is your star. Prime steaks, chops, delectable seafood—all served to tantalize.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kokomos - Mirage reviews from OpenTable diners
- adios kokomos!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2013I'm glad that MGM properties has decided to update this place, I had a VIP from Chicago with me. He was Sooo unhappy he complained for the 35 min ride to the airport, request info to write a letter
- Fabulous. Outstanding, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/27/2012Fabulous. Outstanding, the best the Mirage has to offer!Special Features:
- The food was only good forProfessorJakeVIPDined on 12/26/2012The food was only good for a premium price. My wife thought the lobster bisque was fabulous, though I wasn't too impressed. The entrees were a disappointment, the lamb chops and filet mignon. To be fair though, the sixteen layer chocolate cake for dessert, was awesome. There are so many great restaurants in Vegas and we went to several in the course of our week there. This isn't one of the great ones. They finished last out of ten restaurants we visited over our week in Vegas.
- Outstanding dining and service expeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012The food and the service was exceptional. Johnny & staff did an excellent job taking care of our every need. Thank you for being at the Mirage. It is one of the best restaurants around. In addition, the snow crab legs are excellent as well as the steaks. We eat there every night we spend in Vegas!!!Special Features:
- We had the pre-fixe and aFoodie50Dined on 12/20/2012We had the pre-fixe and a little extra. The service and food were excellent. Would definitely recommend visiting this restaurant.Special Features:
- Went for a post show dinner2dinersVIPDined on 11/30/2012Went for a post show dinner - food was great and service was exceptional.
- We went for the pre-theaterWalkingguideDined on 11/30/2012We went for the pre-theater prix fix meal. We hadn't pre-booked it that way, but got the menu by showing our tickets. I've seen other reviews that the wait staff is a bit gruff, and that was my experience as well. I had the lobster bisque and it is quite a showy dish, tasted great, excellent bread basket. We had the petite filet mignon and it was excellent. Overall, we really liked the meal for the price and convenience. The setting is nice, but you still get a lot of casino noise.
- Worst meal in Las vegas!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/17/2012This was a major disappointment to me as I have always considered the Mirage a great foodie spot. I guess the space is going to be leased out soon to Collichio, so they really don't care what they are serving. The food was absolutely the worst I have eaten in Las Vegas in 30 years! PLEASE, until you close, get someone with some talent! Grilled Shrimp were burned on one side; brussle sprouts burned, Mac and cheese dried out ( maybe under the heat lamp way too long and no taste ). Crab cake on Parsnip Puree was inedible! Foie Gras was mallest portion I have ever seen and overcooked. Server was nice but had too many tables and runners auctioned our food! Could not recommend as so many other great places in Las Vegas. Tom C, hurry up as theySpecial Features:
- As always had a wonderfulMOJOVIPDined on 11/7/2012As always had a wonderful experience (twice) at Kokomo's. We always plan to go there twice each time we go to Vegas.Special Features:
- EXCELLENTE'MOJOVIPDined on 11/4/2012Excellent as always. Plan to visit again in a few days.Special Features:
- This former gem is a shadowRichardVIPDined on 10/14/2012This former gem is a shadow of its former self. Caesar salad was served with soggy parmesan crisps and pools of dressing; steak had a flavor of burnt oil coating it. The wine list was out of date and many bottles were unavailable. The service is still very good but they seem to have given up on the cuisine.
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2012The food was delicious and we enjoyed being there. The bisque was superb...actually the entire meal was great! We have eaten at this restaurant before and it has always been superb. Tnanks Pat Beath HoogheemSpecial Features:
- Although the food was good,BarryDined on 10/12/2012Although the food was good, it was nothing special. The service felt rushed and for the prices you are paying should not have felt so.
- It was ok, and that's aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2012It was ok, and that's about it - ok. Kokomos is closing end of 2012 and leaving Mirage - food reflects why. Wen comparing it to other restaurants of this price - Mastro's Ocean in Crystals at Aria is much better food quality and service. I would not go back to Kokomos based on the food this last visit. Mac & Cheese was very bland, the cheese used had no flavor. Steak was overcooked I asked for medium rare, it was well done. Green bean side had more onions than green beans, I didn't order a side of onions, I ordered a side of green beans. Lobster was very tough and soaked in a heavy cream sauce, which I did not prefer - I would like the option to "dip" in butter, not be soaked in a sauce.
- AvoidDiner101Dined on 10/6/2012Lame food. Services was bad, disrespectful and pushy. Way way too expensive for the boring food.Special Features:
- The food was Excellent. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012The food was Excellent. It seemed to be a little hectic as the restaurant became increasingly busier. They are probably understaffed . We noticed that we saw our waiters less and less as the evening progressed. They were all very friendly, we just did not feel that we were a priority.Special Features:
- While this was a very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2012While this was a very good restaurant I didn't find the food to be all tha fabulous given the price one had to pay. It probably would be considered the norm for Las Vegas, but I've had better meals at half the price in my local area of Burlington, VT. The service was excellent, but you do get three waiters where here locally you'd get only one with some assistance from other waitstaff when available, and you have to pay for that somehow. I have no complaints with Kokomo's except that it's vastly overpriced. I ate at comparablely priced restaurants in Vegas that were better.Special Features:
- Kokomos is our one must-eat-atLongIslandDinerDined on 9/23/2012Kokomos is our one must-eat-at location when we visit Las Vegas. We live 45 minutes outside of NYC and eat in the City frequently, so we are used to getting good meals and Kokomos easily completes with any NYC eatery! Service is always good, the wine list impressive and the food excellent.
- We loved our food, but didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012We loved our food, but didn't love our service. It took too long for him to return after he gave us our menus. Lobster tail was cooked fabulous!!!Special Features:
- The food was delicious weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012The food was delicious we just were not overly impressed with the staff. Being to other restaurants in Vegas it wasn't our favorite meal but still delicious none the less. The steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2012The food was delicious and cooked to perfection and the staff very accommdating . I would recommend this restaurant to anyone going to Vegas.Special Features:
- Always have a great time andFoodloverDined on 9/13/2012Always have a great time and meal here It has become one of our must dine at locations when in VegasSpecial Features:
- Surprisingly good steak andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/1/2012Surprisingly good steak and seafood. Best The Mirage has to offer.Special Features:
- OiExceptional service andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012OiExceptional service and very good food. Medium rare steak comes more medium, but otherwise no complaints.
- Wait staff were all very professionOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/30/2012Wait staff were all very professional and friendly.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding! TableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2012Food was outstanding! Table of 8 and everyone chose a different entree. The fish, steak, chicken were all great. I'm told the King Crab is the best. Although a little on the pricey side, you won't be disappointed with the food. It's a treat.Special Features:
- AhhhmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012My boyfriend and I went to Kokomo's for dinner before seeing a show at the Mirage and we were able to get a reservation the day of. We were promptly seated with a great view of the "rainforest"!! We ordered the crab cake and lobster bisque to start. Both were fantastic! The lobster bisque was out of this world-the puff pastry top really put it over the top. My boyfriend got the 14oz Veal and mushrooms. He loved it! It was cooked perfectly and melted in your mouth...speaking of melting in your mouth I got the 8oz Filet Mignon. Oh my god! It was fantastic. The Cabernet Sauvignon sauce really amped it up a notch. The house steak sauce was great as well. I also got the lobster mashed potatoes which were amazing as well. All around fantastic.Special Features:
- i picked this resturant becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012i picked this resturant because of it having gluten free items, once we wherer there and in the group of 4 2 of us are gluten free, we let them know and they had an alterant choice for the bread they put on the table also made sure that our birthday dessert was gluten free without asking. will go back every time im in vegasSpecial Features:
- The food was more than outstanding.CandyDined on 8/16/2012The food was more than outstanding. And the service could not have been better. John and Johnny took wonderful care of us and made our dining a truly enjoyable experience. A bit pricy, but for a special dinner in Vegas, very comparable to other "fine dining" restaurants we've visited.Special Features:
- Every trip to Vegas requiresGaryDined on 8/15/2012Every trip to Vegas requires me to come here and dine. Lovd all of the cuts of meat and the sides. Sides are large enough for table to share.Special Features:
- Still a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/11/2012The last two times I have been at Kokomo's they have over cooked my steak. I ask for med rare and they cooked it med well. Everything else was great. The service was wonderful and we were not hurried at all. They did tell us we had the table all night long. I'll be back in a few months and I'll give them another try. Up until now they had always cooked the steak perfectly.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2012Wonderful food and service. Great place! Fabulous lobster bisque!Special Features:
- We enjoyed a pre show dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/9/2012We enjoyed a pre show dinner here. The service was just right balance of attention without being overbearing. We went right for entrées selecting sea bass and pork tenderloin. The sea bass was absolutely perfect. The Pork tenderloin was good by very slightly over cooked for my liking and was a little dry. Considering it was served without any juice a bit more care when determining cooked temperature was required. It wasn't to the point where this spoiled the meal but it is worth mentioning.
- Nice view with ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/4/2012I had read about the waterwall view & thought it would be a fun dinner. I requested a table near the waterfall when I made my reservation through opentable and they graciously gave it to us. The staff was incredibly nice. Unfortunately I wasnt too fond of the food. I ordered a 28 day aged steak which was ok but nothing special. Also, you would expect with almost paying $50 for a steak, it would come with a side of vegetables or something. I mean who wants to just eat steak. My husband ordered the sea bass dish which was also ok. However, we did order a side of brocolli with brie & that was delicious. Overall our experience was ok. I wouldn't have been so dissapointed if I felt that our meals were worth the price and delicious.Special Features:
- still the best steak and seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012it was just like i remembered the steaks 13 years ago the lobster a little over cooked but goodSpecial Features:
- Oysters were OK!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2012We had eaten at Kokomos several times in the past, but not at their current location in the Mirage. The new location was not as private and secluded. A little disappointed in their fresh oyster selection and presentation. They did an excellent service on serving the Main Lobster. They complete removed all the meat without destroying the presentation. Their signature chocolate cake is worth the calories. AFP San DiegoSpecial Features:
- I had Butter poached Maineredsox14Dined on 7/31/2012I had Butter poached Maine Lobster Tail. Its was like eating rubber and shoestings. 4 of us 3 meals 2 sent back. terrible.
- Business travler? I broughtOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2012Business travler? I brought a client to the restaurant for dinner. BEST Sea Bass that I have ever tasted. All was great. Went back next night.Special Features:
- Pictures on the menu wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2012Pictures on the menu would help a lot, seeing the size portions would help in what I would order.Special Features:
- Great bread! I loved my lobster!KHanebuttVIPDined on 7/22/2012Great bread! I loved my lobster! So so mashed potatoes. I would go back and try another side. Other than that it was great!Special Features: