Kohinoor Indian Restaurant
249 W. State Rd. 436
Altamonte Springs, FL 32714Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Kohinoor Indian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kohinoorindianrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4077886004
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Kohinoor Indian Restaurant
The Indian food experience at Kohinoor Indian Restaurant will give you a glimpse of heaven - it is sublime and beautiful - to provide an unforgettable time.The art of Indian cookery lies not in high spicing but in delicacy of spicing. Kohinoor Indian Restaurant brings you the delicious dishes that relish your tasteContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kohinoor Indian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good FoodkestrelDined on 9/11/2013When we want Indian food, we go here. This time, though, we had a little disappointment because the samosas were sprinkled with a hot spice that was too much for my kids to eat and my kids love the samosas. We were celebrating a kid's birthday and this place was their request for the samosas and chicken korma. We ordered another set of samosas asking to leave off the added spice but it was never offered to take the spicy, half-eaten order off the bill...and I didn't ask. That is why I give the service only 3 stars because I think something this small small should have been taken care of. So, next time we go back, we will have to remember to request no added seasoning on the samosas although we had never had that occur in the past.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodklprhpDined on 8/29/2013We have been dining at Kohinoor for more than 12 years. In that time, we have never had a bad meal. On our recent visit we introduced some friends to the flavors of Indian cuisine and they all really enjoyed their meal. The food is consistently good. Service is never lacking, and portions are always generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!LuckyDined on 8/17/2013Had always wanted to eat hear because we had read good things about it. Dinner was mediocre, at best. Naan was the highlight of the meal. Tandoor assortment was tough and not too flavorful. Vegetables in rice just seemed like a frozen mix. Had to try to catch a waiter to get water glasses refilled. We definitely won't be back.
- Authentic Indian great food!Sensitive2FoodsVIPDined on 6/28/2013The staff was very attentive, we never had to ask for anything. The food was excellent. I had the Chicken Korma mild, which had just enough spice that it did not overwhelm the rich sauce made from almonds and cashews. My partner in dining enjoyed his dish as well. The Garlic Naan was a great side. I enjoyed the cilantro with the garlic on the naan. We will return for more delicious meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food well worth the moneyBryanDined on 6/23/2013Good food well worth the money for Sunday lunch buffetSpecial Features:
- One of my Favorite Spots in OrlandoedyrpVIPDined on 6/16/2013I have never had a bad meal at Kohinoor. The food is excellent and I look forward to my next visit. I brought two friends who had not tasted Indian food in the past and enjoyed the experience with enthusiasm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great Indian foodtennisdr99VIPDined on 5/19/2013Authentic food that tastes great. Never have left hungry - always satisfied. Why go anywhere else?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service has gotten so much betterDineoftenVIPDined on 5/17/2013Went to this spot again and was surprised at the improvement in service. Others must have noticed too as the place was packed on a Friday night. Managers have really taken charge and it really is making a difference. Food has always been great. In the top two for Indian in Orlando but service spotty. Could climb to number one if they keep this up. You have to try this one.Special Features:
- Food was great. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Food was great. Service was abit too much. Didnt let you relax--picked-up the plates to quicklySpecial Features:
- Excellent food, manager wasMelGeoDined on 3/27/2013Excellent food, manager was very pleasant gentleman!! Would definitely go back.
- Some of the best Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Some of the best Indian food in Orlando. Friendly and efficient service-will visit again.
- Busy spotDineoftenVIPDined on 3/22/2013Busy spot on Friday nights. Food is really very good and service has improved dramatically. Back room is a little dark but not unbearable.
- Nice clean restaurant withDineoftenVIPDined on 3/1/2013Nice clean restaurant with very good food and attentive service. What more can you ask for.
- Ordered the multi course dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/19/2013Ordered the multi course dinner. It was very good.
- The food was outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The food was outstanding, once we received it. We had a reservation and were ushered to our table immediately but then we sat there for close to 20 minutes before we finally asked for a waiter to be sent to our table. The owner (I believe) came by and once she got involved, service picked up. We had a fabulous time and will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Returned for a great mealDineoftenVIPDined on 2/8/2013Returned for a great meal with wonderful service. Any concerns about service in the past have been managed now to the point the service in in concert with the great food. Don't know how much better it gets.
- This is normally a great placeDineoftenVIPDined on 1/11/2013This is normally a great place but on this visit the service was unacceptable. Wait staff is not trained properly to handle a half filled room. Only one waiter has the ability to take, deliver, and close out an order so he has to do everything while the others stand around. Not a problem in the past. New staff?? Still worth a try. Food is still good.Special Features:
- Really good consistent IndianDineoftenVIPDined on 11/30/2012Really good consistent Indian food. Never disappoints.
- indian food at its bestfletcherVIPDined on 11/24/2012if there is a better indian restaurant in central florida i hope someone lets me know. as always the food is impeccably prepared to any special request and the charming decor only serves to enhance any meal. hidden away in a small strip mall you should seek this one out.Special Features:
- Great intro to Indian cuisineWPFoodieDined on 10/20/2012Best Indian food in North Orlando. Friendly service, expectations are always met. We take new people with us and they always want to come back.Special Features:
- Excellent food in a quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2012Excellent food in a quite atmosphere. My kind of place. We had both the lamb and chicken tikka masala; they were superior. The naan was perfection.
- Very good, solid Indian cuisine.tennisdr99VIPDined on 9/7/2012Very good, solid Indian cuisine. Not fancy, but very good!Special Features:
- This is one of my top 5 restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2012This is one of my top 5 restaurants. Best Indian food in town.Special Features:
- Great food, friendly. OneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/8/2012Great food, friendly. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Don't Dine In - Take Out OnlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012I would only recommend this restaurant as a take-out location. They have wonderful food and we have always ordered take-out, but decided recently to go to the restaurant. The service was awful. They were VERY slow and I never really knew who our waiter really was as we kept getting someone different come to the table...I think this is part of their issue. I also highly discourage taking kids to this restaurant. They put us in a back corner and just forgot about us...with kids, this just doesn't work. I do love the food here though...it's British Indian food so love the Chicken Tikka Massala.
- Great Food, Horrible WinessalcornVIPDined on 5/5/2012Some of the best Indian food in Orlando, especially the vegetarian korma is the best I've had all over the world. The service is amateur hour, and the wine list is absolutely terrible. They must not sell much of it, either, because it took three servers to deal with it, and they had no clue. But you're better off with a beer, because there really isn't anything but swill on the list. Great food, though.Special Features:
- Our dinning experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2012Our dinning experience was extremely enjoyable. It was the perfect place to enjoy friends and celebrate. The staff was attentive and made us feel special. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Another wonderful dining experiencecallie4VIPDined on 4/21/2012Another wonderful dining experience! The service and friendliness of everyone can't be beat! Our second time here won't be our last. The food is very good, can't wait to try more dishes.Special Features:
- Kohinoor had good reviewsawesum1VIPDined on 4/4/2012Kohinoor had good reviews when we checked out Indian restaurants on Open Table. So we went to Kohinoor. Service was lousy. The host asked how many of us, we indicated 2. They still set the table (and poured a glass) for three people. There were more waoters there then tables filled, but the waiters kept on walking around aimlessly. Wew even called thier attention and reiterated that we weren't waiting for anyone else, thinking that maybe they were ignoring us because they thought we were expecting one more person. Unfortunately, being ignored was the best part of the service. We finally got some crackers with dipping sauce. We were asked whether we want some more, which we said yes. Wew never saw our crackers refill. Food was mediocre.
- The lunch buffet gives a goodJmp593Dined on 3/24/2012The lunch buffet gives a good sample of several items and includes samosas and naan bread.
- We ate there on Valentine'scallie4VIPDined on 2/14/2012We ate there on Valentine's Day as a last minute reservation. We loved the food and the wonderful service.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the lunch buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012Really enjoyed the lunch buffet for $10.95. It was small, but had no trouble filling my plate a couple times. I am not a connoisseur of Indian Food, but I definitely enjoyed the flavors. Was mild from spice perspective, but thats to be expected- my wife would not have liked it spicier.Special Features:
- The waitress was very attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/8/2012The waitress was very attentive and kind. She was very helpful and had an great attitude.Special Features:
- The food was not as good asOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011The food was not as good as in the past. No vegetables on entrees without a separate order; none of the condiments we remember from other experiences there. Everything seems to now be à la carte.
- Service was good. AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2011Service was good. Ambiance was pleasant. I had buffet lunch. I thought the food was good but not great. The sauces didn't have that rich depth of flavor that I found in other Indian restaurants. I have been around the world and had Indian so my expectations are quite high. I would return because of proximity.
- Best Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2011Best Indian food in Orlando and I have tried them allSpecial Features:
- Nice atmosphere - excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2011Nice atmosphere - excellent food and service. Glad we found the restaurant and will return.Special Features:
- Tucked away in a strip mallOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/23/2011Tucked away in a strip mall with a hard-to-see sign is this fantastic Indian lunch buffet. We went there on a Sunday when the price was $10.95 AUCE including fabulous samosas, pakora, tandoori chicken, butter chicken, goat curry, aloo muttar, naan bread, and probably 50 other crowd pleasing items. Their chef is simply outstanding. Weekdays the AUCE lunch price is $8.95. The staff is friendly and welcoming, the decor is attractive and comfortable, and the food was uniformly excellent. While the dinner menu does not feature a buffet, the prices for dinner seem about average. For me, I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Lunch was nice. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2011Lunch was nice. The food is always great. This is one of my favorite resturants.Special Features:
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2011Great food and great service. Great menu for Vegetarian and/or those that love the meat. Able to have food spices - calm, medium, or HOT.... Wonderful service... my drink was never empty... All that you ask for in a resturant. I will return.Special Features: