Kobe Steaks - Nashville
210 25th Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Kobe Steaks - Nashville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kobesteaks.net/
- Phone: (615) 327-9081
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm; Sunday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Hiroto Yoshida
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: One Hibachi table can be seated min20 -max 40people.
All our rooms are separated one by one.
Please reserve for your private party in advance.
We cannot guarantee you private room without reservation.
- Private Party Contact: Fa Fane Chu 6153279081
A word from Kobe Steaks - Nashville
At Kobe Steaks you"ll experience creative hibachi cooking right at your table in a fun-filled atmosphere. You'll enjoy the knife-wielding skill and showmanship of specially trained chefs as they prepare meals before your eyes on hibachi grills. Whether it's a birthday, an anniversary, a rehearsal dinner, a business meeting, or any occasion, Kobe Steaks can accommodate large or small groups.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Kobe Steaks - Nashville - Best Restaurants in Nashville ›
Kobe Steaks - Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)good for groups (47)romantic (20)kid-friendly (18)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Disappointed in NashvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Have been dining at this restaurant since it first opened. 25+ years. Visit on a annual basis for birthdays etc...Our party orders just about the same dish each time. This same dish was first served as a complete meal w/ app, entree, and choice dessert ($12). Over the years the price of the same dish has risen 100% ( $30) while dropping dessert options. Now, they have dramatically shrunk the portion sizes, and eliminated bean sprouts all together ? On this visit, our chef did not realize that our dish was served with mushrooms (or forgot) and he served the mushrooms to other diners at the other end of the table. Not good, nor fair. Shrink the portions, charge more, and the chef did not serve correctly? 25 years ago, Nashville did not have many dining options. Now, you can get any type of food on any corner. "If" Kobe is going to be competitive and remain in Nashville, they are going to have to re-think their food stratagies. Normally when we leave the restaurant, we are very full and take home leftovers. Not anymore. I am not sure that myself or my family will return EVER AGAIN. Disappointed in NashvilleSpecial Features:
- Delicious, but a bit PriceyTasteofTNDined on 11/18/2014This is basically an upscale hibachi place. The food was delicious. I had the filet and chicken hibachi, which comes with a shrimp appetizer, rice (which you can get fried for an additional charge), salad, soup, and vegetables. Everything was delicious, but I have to say that it was a bit pricey. I think this is probably why the restaurant wasn't very full. The salad was clearly a packaged mix, and the croutons certainly not house-made. The miso soup tasted much more like chicken noodle (even had cheap shell pasta in the bottom). And the vegetables in the fried rice definitely looked like they were right out of the frozen bag. However, the main parts of the dish and the meat were delicious. The filet was cooked perfectly, the chicken was delicious, and the shrimp and vegetables were what you would expect. To me, it seems like a few easy (and cheap) fixes to their minor dishes would take this restaurant to the next level and frankly I probably wouldn't be complaining about price anymore either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!KobeHawkDined on 11/14/2014Good food, good service, and reasonably priced! Not sure what more you could ask for from a restaurant!Special Features:
- Good food but wait was horrendousJoeSmithDined on 11/14/2014had a reservation at 7:30 on Friday. Got there on time, waited 20 minutes, not a big deal. after we were seated at the grill things, we waited 40 minutes before the food service started. really annoying. I might go back on a non-weekend, definitely not on a weekend.
- Issue we hadMandolineDined on 11/8/2014Overall a lovely dining experience except for the fact that I called Kobe's on the day of dining and told them that we will be 12 people and not 10 and they said no problem. When we were seated, we were squashed in and one lady in our group had to sit on the corner and everyone joked and said maybe some of us should try eat with our left hands because we were so close to each other. After a while, a very friendly gentleman offered to move us to a different room, however, everyone's shoes were off, we had drinks and we decided to stay. Food was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJohnnieDined on 11/7/2014Great service,food, and entertainment as always. I've always looked forward to comingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMrsLattimoreDined on 11/7/2014I love this place and will most definitely come back to visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReddzDined on 10/20/2014Great time with family! Great chef, great food, great server! Love the ginger dressing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerValentinoDined on 10/14/2014Great food, Great service. Fun atmosphere for couples or groups!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChiChi1007Dined on 10/10/2014I enjoyed every moment there! The food was great! Even though I was late for my reservation they still accommodated me n my party. Love this place! I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funMimmsDined on 10/10/2014Took my five year old cousin here and she had a blastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- newtonashvilleDined on 10/10/2014The food was amazing, the chef was very entertaining whilst he cooked too! The meat was so tender and the steaks cooked just right for each of us. The waiter was friendly and attentive and the drinks were good too (good wine compared with quite a few others I have tried in town.) I did not like the idea of sharing tables with others but we had plenty of space and the restaurant was lively but still able to have your own conversations. Would definitely recommend this restaurant, well priced too for the amount of food you get!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kobe Steaks never disappoints...kzpeerDined on 10/6/2014On my annual birthday trek to Kobe Steaks, it's like walking into a familiar neighborhood restaurant. The staff is always friendly and the food is always very good. It's a lot of food, that's for sure, coming rapid fire as the chef entertains the group with their brand of knife tricks and flying foods. Overall, this is a great experience and I'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- Birthday gatheringBirthday43Dined on 10/4/2014What a great place to mingle with friends. I came together with friends to celebrate my birthday and I'm so glad I chose Kobe. The staff was great, food was great, and the overall experience was awesome. I will visit again.Special Features:
- SheoSheODined on 10/2/2014The food was delicious. The Chef was very funny and skillful with the food preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced, food not goodnatshDined on 9/21/2014Not a Japanese food at all. Overpriced. You have to share your table with 7 people you do not know.
- Vegetables tasty, meat fairworththedriveDined on 9/21/2014The service was good, vegetables tasty, steak tough, salmon fair and the overall appearance in the waiting area, dark and dated. There are better Japanese restaurants in Nashville.Special Features:
- Always great.momndad2boysDined on 9/7/2014Had great company and great good. Chef was entertaining and good cook.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatfoodDined on 9/6/2014our group bought the coupons on restaurant.com where you buy 35.00 coupon for 10.00. When we went to pay for our tickets, the coupon was only good for the entire group. Not a coupon for each couple. After all of us talking with the manager and showing him that on this website it does not tell you the coupon is only good for the entire group total, not individuals he allowed each of us to use the coupons we had already paid for. Look real carefully on these websites. This particular website does not tell you when you buy the coupon, but only after you buy the coupon it tells you good only for 1 group. Other than this the food was awesome and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- WaitingforbetterDined on 8/31/2014Prices are slightly high for the food and portions, but different from your everyday McDonald's or burger king. Confusing that Lunch and dinner cost the same?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Amazing food, best I have had and a fun place to eat with friends, chef was great and put on a good show cooking the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodScottVIPDined on 8/17/2014Been going here for more than 30 years. Seems to be the same good experience each time.Special Features:
- Kobe GreatSteakhard2find2003Dined on 8/17/2014Had a GREAT TIME at Kobe Steak! My daughter enjoyed it. A GREAT BIRTHDAY surprise for her this was something she hadn't experienced and was really looking foward to going. Thanks again Kobe Steak. Also Open Table for there very helpful app in placing the reservations and research on the restaurant an establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening, wonderful meal.pammyDined on 8/15/2014Our waitress was attentive without being intrusive. Our dinner show was fun. Conversation flowed around the grill. I was celebrating my birthday and had Happy Birthday to me sung in Japanese. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGoodeatsDined on 8/8/2014The food was wonderful and abundant. 2 of us shared and could not eat everything. It is pricey, but not for the quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a family special occasionsschDined on 8/7/2014We went with our family to celebrate a special occasion. The semi private dining room was perfect for this. The food was fresh and flavorful and our chef was very engaging. The hostess and server were a little lack luster. But, overall we had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in Kobe'sMyOpinionDined on 8/5/2014We were really disappointed. The food was just average and because of that, we felt it was over priced. The waitress was very low-keyed, and did not have much personality. Our chef was not engaging. I was also concerned about the cleanliness of the area where we dined. From past experiences at Kobe's and other Japanese restaurants in our area, I was expecting a lot more. I expected the chef to be entertaining and flamoyant. It was a back-to-school celebration for our fourteen year old grandson, but next time we will choose another place. Sorry, but that is our opinion.Special Features:
- Overall Great!TheWellsDined on 8/3/2014The experience was overall great. We have been here a few times. The server got a little slower towards the end when trying to pay but was great at getting us food, drinks, and refills! She was very friendly. The cook was nice and food was GREAT! A little on the expensive side but nice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- The following 226 reviews are from the Kobe Steaks - Nashville reviews archive.
- Great JapaneseLuv2eatDined on 7/25/2014The food was very good and fresh. The staff was also amazing as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kobe4u2Purplegirl82Dined on 7/25/2014Since my good girls were 7 and 8 I would treat them to a Kobe dinner. This tradition has no changed as my youngest (21 yes old) graduated from college with honors and and her choice of course to celebrate her success was Kobe Steakhouse. Thank you for making her day, AMAZING!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dining experience!MsDeeNashville12Dined on 7/25/2014Great food! The dining is so entertaining. The chefs do an excellent job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kobe Steaks a memorable experienceFamilyFoodieDined on 7/23/2014Our kids went to Kobe Steaks in preschool as part of their learning experience about Japan. Well, my son just turned 14 and always asks to go to Kobe Steaks for his birthday dinner. It never gets old!! The food is superb and it's fun to watch other diners react to the cooking show!Special Features:
- Past primeKopankanVIPDined on 7/22/2014Try the Kobe beef - the best steak I've had in a long time. Location is in a residential area where not much else is happening. Went to the restaurant on a Tuesday night and it was practically empty, which is a pity for a hibachi style restaurant. Service attentive and friendly. Authentic Japanese.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerdinnerwithfamilyDined on 7/18/2014everything was very nice, food was good, the wait was short and the kids really enjoyed the chef's tricksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreAt Dinning ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014From the wait time in the lounge to the chef who was entertaining everything was excellent! The food was fresh and cooked to our liking! The seasoning of the meats and vegetables was phenomenal! Great place for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have been a fun experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014Poor ventilation around the grill area so it was hot and you could smell to much cooking from the other table. Waitress was nice but never asked us if we wanted drinks. The chef was good. Overall, I kind of felt like I was in a run-down hotel. Like the whole experience had seen better days. What should have been a fun experience ended up being....ok, but nothing to come back for.
- Happy 10THVaughanDined on 7/17/2014We had a wonderful time at Kobe's celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary. I love their scallops and my wife loves their steak. Our chef was very talented with his knife. I wish he hadn't hit me in the eye with a shrimp, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014I would recommend this place to anyone. It was a nice experience and loved the goid. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8yr AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014Booked a reservation for my 8yr Anniversary dinner. They have complimentary parking in the front for easy access. Checked in at the front desk and they had us relax in the lounge until our table was ready. We had a 6pm dinner reservation on a Monday night.... so the place was relatively quite overall. Once seated with another group, the server took our order and maintained decent coverage with drinks throughout meal. The Chef was pleasant with the typical dry humor you expect from teppanyaki. Food was cooked well and tasted good. They weren't aware of our Anniversary ahead of time, but after they found out.... they brought us a cute little orange with candles and sang to us at dessert. Overall a pleasant experience and I would return.Special Features:
- New Favorite Special Occasion SpotsheenavDined on 6/22/2014My husband and I decided to visit Kobe Steaks in Nashville for our one year wedding anniversary! We live about two hours out of town, so we made reservations for Sunday and drove in Saturday evening. I'm glad we made reservations because this place was top-notch and I can only imagine how busy they must be on Saturday nights! The staff was incredibly courteous and went above and beyond to make sure that everything was great for our anniversary. We ordered the picture cake (highly recommended for special occasions!) and they were sweet enough to email us a copy of the photo to keep. The food was incredible. The service was incredible. The atmosphere was spot on. This was one of the best Hibachi places I've ever eaten!Special Features: