Kobe Steaks - Atlanta
5600 Roswell Road NE, M011
Atlanta, GA 30342Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Kobe Steaks - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kobesteaks.net/
- Phone: 4042560810x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Naohito Hirotani
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Cooking in front of you
A word from Kobe Steaks - Atlanta
At Kobe Steaks you"ll experience creative hibachi cooking right at your table in a fun-filled atmosphere. You'll enjoy the knife-wielding skill and showmanship of specially trained chefs as they prepare meals before your eyes on hibachi grills. Whether it's a birthday, an anniversary, a rehearsal dinner, a business meeting, or any occasion, Kobe Steaks can accommodate large or small groups.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kobe Steaks - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/23/2014First time there. Surprised to find out that it was closing on the day after we visited. we had a good experience.
- Been away too longriddlr23Dined on 5/16/2014The wife and I hadn't been back to Kobe in quite some time, but, it seemed we had been there just last week. As usual, the staff was attentive and courteous. The food was it's usual excellent quality, and the experience was just as wonderful as we remembered.Special Features:
- Kobe has gone downhillMarkVIPDined on 5/16/2014We hadn't been to the Atlanta Kobe in a long time and decided to try it for dinner last Friday evening. It was my birthday so I took the family and a couple that are close friends of ours. The cook was nice, not flashy like I remember @ the Kobe I used to frequent when we lived in Dallas TX. I ordered the Filet and Chicken combo. The Filet cooked medium rare was good, the chicken was tough as nails. My son ordered Steak and Lobster, the lobster was overcooked. Get this, the "free" picture Birthday cake is only free IF your Birthday falls on Monday thru Thursday, otherwise, it will cost you 6.00. Grant you, not a large amount of money, however, your birthday has to fall on a certain day to get your free cake, really?Special Features:
- Awful ServiceZealDined on 5/11/2014As being regulars at the restaurant the service wasn't up to par. We had 3 kids who chose Kobe for the entertainment and wanted to take us there for Mother's Day. The cook did not do anything special or put a show on for the kids. He was in a rush to cook and get it over it. After dinner the kids even mentioned that they don't want to go there again because the chef didn't do any tricks like he usually does. We will definitely not be going back for while which is upsetting since we are regulars at the restaurant.Special Features:
- happy, happy, happybellyhappyDined on 5/10/2014Celebrated my birthday here with the fam. Everything was much nicer than I remembered 4 years ago....including the staff. The food was great, as stated by my 13 year old very picky daughter, who even ate all of her veggies! The picture cake was very nice and tasted wonderful. Even the sweet tea was perfect. I was seated at the exact time of my reservation. I'm one that likes for my food to be cooked very well done, and the chef didn't even take offense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greasy, nasty dinner...KobeSTINKSVIPDined on 5/2/2014Our family has been going to Kobe for the past 30+ years. The food and chefs have gone down considerably in quality in the past 10 years, but our last dinner there canned the deal for us. We will NEVER go back. We had 5 children under 10 celebrating a 10th birthday. I specifically requested a certain chef (last decent on standing) and we had a guy that looked and sounded like he just came off a day of being on a bar. He cooked sooo sloppy & used excessive amounts of oil. His kept doing fire trick which almost got too much in the kids faces. The burning grease smell was foul for the rest of dinner. The veggies were cut up in weird chunks, and all the shrimp was over salted and undercooked. Kobe offered a free entree next time. NEVER again!Special Features:
- Food FestivalLucygoosieDined on 5/1/2014Our drinks and meal was perfectly prepared! Our only disappointment was our chef had no interaction with us while he prepared our food at our table. It's been our experience at other Japanese Steak Houses that the chef puts on a show while cooking. We had taken a friend with us who was visiting from Ireland - specifically to see 'the show", which sadly did not exist. However, the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Always great good & fun!KellieVIPDined on 4/19/2014Great staff & always a fun time with great food! One of my go to restaurants in ATL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent night outNew2ATLDined on 4/17/2014Went for dinner one night and did enjoy the food a lot. Our chef was great, but the service before hand was the only drawback. The bartender was awesome while we were waiting for our seats. Nakato is still my favorite as far as food goes, but the experience was better with the chef at Kobe than I've ever had at Nakato.Special Features:
- Good food and servicemarshVIPDined on 3/22/2014I had not been to this restaurant in years and found it just as good as I recalled. Everything was cooked just right. Especially like those veggies on the grill. The ginger salad dressing was not as good as some other places but that was the only difference.Special Features:
- Inconsistent dining experienceZanfrinoDined on 3/22/2014We had a great meal there about 2 weeks ago, so my wife and looked forward to coming back soon. Unfortunately, the food tasted very different the second time (not good), so much so that my wife could not even finish her meal...my steak had some tough bits as well. Overall a very disappointing second experience. At this price point, inconsistency, and poorly cooked food is unacceptable.
- Time for a changeBluehubsDined on 3/18/2014After eating at Kobe Steak for the last 10 years, it's time for a change. Dated look, smelled old, food not seasoned properly. We're done
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014This was our first time going to Kobe Restaurant. We sat at the bar before being seated. The bar tenders were friendly drinks were excellent. The food was great and so was the cook. We will be back. I think I can speak for the six of us. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We RSVPd for 8:30. We arrivedHibachiMoDined on 3/15/2014We RSVPd for 8:30. We arrived at 8:40 and sat at the bar for 10 mins. As soon as the wine was poured, our table was ready. The bartender didn't tell us that we can clear the check at our table. We didn't like the wine. We expected to at least have the offer to be refunded, but didn't make a big deal when the waitress didn't offer anything. We were seated at a group table. No big deal. The carryover conversations from other patrons allowed us a chance to speak freely without being overheard. The hibachi chef arrived 15 mins after we were seated but promptly began serving the group. He served in the order in which we were seated. The food was great/fire presentations were cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a revampEastCobbMomDined on 3/5/2014Kobe used to be so good. Now, the décor is dated, the staff is lifeless and the food is barely edible.
- TERRIBLELoriADined on 2/16/2014We were a group of six out celebrating a birthday. Food was terrible - overcooked, frozen vegetables, meat steamed with dome on flat top rather than seared, fried rice made with excessive soy sauce. Chef with little cooking skills and no banter. Extremely disappointing meal.
- Awesome Belated Valentine's DiningCaliGirlinGADined on 2/16/2014I couldn't get a reservation on Valentine's Day, but going a few days later felt just a special. Good food, great pricing (Scoutmob $20 off make it extra wonderful).Special Features:
- Valentines nightLuckyvalentineDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I had a great night. Reservations are a must if it's a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be...After20yearsDined on 2/14/2014After 20 years we have decided to call it quits. The food quality has gone downhill significantly and the customer service post hostess is now below standard. We used to consider Kobe as upscale but now ho-hum. We are 20+ miles away and this was a special trip for us a few times a year. No longer.
- Outstanding dinnerLannyDined on 2/1/2014Great welcome from the management team as we entered the restaurant- had a large bar and seating area and drinks were very good and well priced- dinner was simply perfect- entertaining chef and food cooked to perfection-Special Features:
- just okBethDined on 1/25/2014We wanted our kids to have the hibachi experience. Our chef was not as dynamic as I remember the experience from when I was here years ago. He was a bit boring, which is a shame. We went on a Sat night and I thought we would get the A experience. It was a long time from when we sat down to when the cooking started. Food was just ok. Glad we had the experience, but unfortunately probably won't be back again.
- you should definitely go!mollyDined on 1/17/2014Great place to eat! Chef's are entertaining. Atmosphere is welcoming. Enjoy sitting at tables with other people. Great opportunity for socializing but being able to spend time with your significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayOnADateDined on 1/4/2014Maybe I'm too used to the big show, or maybe the cook assigned to our grill was spent... but he just basically cooked the food, put it on our plates and that was it. Food was okay, seating was okay, price was a little high for what we got. To me, the show the cook puts on, is the reason to go to this type of restaurant, and why I wouldn't mind paying a bit more than usual, so we probably won't be back. There's better hibachi places, with more energetic and fun shows.Special Features:
- Great as always.LilliemomDined on 1/2/2014When wanting some good hibachi, this is the go to place! The fried rice is phenomenal and the dipping sauces are delicious. Great fun and food.Special Features:
- Fun for the Whole FamilyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/2/2014Went with kids ages 2-10 and adults. Everyone had a blast, food was great, and can't say enough great things about the staff!! 10 Stars!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kobe The Way to Go for Hibachi!!tennisgirl1Dined on 12/30/2013We have been going to Kobe Steak House for many years now. It is my son's favorite restaurant. The food is always good and plentiful. The chef was great. The waitress was terrible. She took a long time to get to us and it took repeat requests to get her to do anything for us. She was slow and not with it at all. The chef had to fill in for her.along with other employees from the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hibachi!DebbieGVIPDined on 12/21/2013We enjoyed shrimp, scallops, and chicken. The scallops were huge and cooked perfectly. The shrimp were also quite delicious and well-prepared. The chef was highly entertaining and did a wonderful job of keeping everyone at the table entertained during dinner. We would recommend the Purple Haze (Chambord and Sake) with the meal. It's a definite treat.Special Features:
- Disappointing first visit to KobeMikeVIPDined on 12/15/2013No waiter service in lounge area. Slow, inefficient bartender took nearly 15 minutes to serve us a glass of water, while several other restaurant employees wandered through and around the bar where many customers were trying to get drinks, but none addressed the customers nor helped. I thought I was on "Candid Camera". Neither the bartender nor any other of the many employees offered an apology for ignoring so many customers. I guess it was their normal routine :( Service at the Hibachi table was equally slow and unpleasant. The server never smiled, and took her time with drinks and food orders. Exception was the cook - he was entertaining and talented; food he prepared was good. 5 star prices - 2 star service. We will not be back.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2013We had impeccable service and food was very good. Filet mignon was excellent. Only minor complaint I would have liked the fried rice to be a bit more flavorful.Special Features:
- Birthday Made Specialcls238Dined on 11/14/2013The staff was kind enough to take the birthday cake I brought to the restaurant and keep it in the back until after dinner. They had also prepared a little cake with a picture on it that was taken earlier in the evening. The food was very fresh and cooked well and enough was left over that everyone had "to go" boxes. Our chef was funny, engaging and not over the top with his humor. My 19 year old son had requested Kobe for his birthday dinner and no one was disappointed!Special Features:
- Awesome birthday celebrationLilliemomDined on 11/11/2013This is the only place my son wants for his birthday celebration! We've been coming for over 10 years. Never a disappointment. They make a good birthday cake too! Show and food are fun plus great tasting. Not too expensive when comparing to Chops or Houston's for steaks .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet SixteenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2013My wife and I came here for our wedding reception dinner, 16 years ago and have been here on our anniversary, Halloween, every year since. It is one of the things that has kept us together for so long and we love it. Thanks for being there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday celebrationkbozeDined on 10/29/2013Was great for a 25th birthday celebration. Everyone can see what is going on. More is more when it comes to the chef's acting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for the whole familyLilliemomDined on 10/27/2013This is our go to place for hibachi. Although a bit pricier than most hibachi places, the quality of food and the fried rice can't be beat. We've been coming here for over a decade and it never disappoints. My kids have their bday parties here every year cause they live the dhow and food! Also love the tatami room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite placesFoodloveDined on 9/15/2013Our family loves Kobe's for special occasions. It is expensive but the food is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service lackingD8niteVIPDined on 9/14/2013We had one server in our area that had 2 hibachi grills and about 14 adults making everything, especially refills slow and appearing unattentive. It was annoying. Food was way more buttery than previous visits and vegetables were mixed in with meat rather than on their own: for example we were served broccoli, then shrimp appetizer, then onions and zucchini medley, those with chicken were served chicken and onions. Steak was cooked last, mixed with mushrooms, with mushrooms being the last thing served. It seemed disorganized and chaotic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good!LynnDined on 9/8/2013Everything was very good and expensive. Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak and Overall ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2013We really enjoyed a family night at Kobe Steaks. The food was delicious - but especially the steak. We also had lobster which was good but I thought a bit overcooked. The drinks were good, but the bartender that night was slammed. Overall, we liked it and would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice placeCocoDined on 8/2/2013Kobe's did a great job of accommodating a party of 16. The food was very well cooked. We had at least one chef that was a great crowd pleaser and the other was quiet (didn't interact as much) but made a good performance. Over all other than needing a little more seasoning the food and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Back in 20+ YearsGloriaVIPDined on 7/19/2013Hadn't been to Kobe in over 20 years and won't return. Surprised it has stayed in business all these years. Food is overpriced for what you get. Soup was cold, salad warm and both over salted. Entrees just OK. Only bright spot was pretty good service.