Kobe Japanese Steaks and Sushi
19 S 13th St.
Richmond, VA 23219Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Kobe Japanese Steaks and Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kobesteakandsushi.com/
- Phone: 804-643-8080
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Kobe Japanese Steaks and Sushi
Welcome to Kobe Japanese Steaks & Sushi, located in the heart of downtown Richmond. With many great tasting restaurants available alongside ours, choosing the finest and most satisfying will be nearly impossible. Until you have stepped inside Kobe. We have an assortment of cuisines to fit you and your party's appetite, starting with our authentic Japanese cuisines, our Habachi style meals, and our vast array of sushi/sashimi. To complement the savory meals, we also carry a selection of exotic cocktails, exquisite wine, and Japanese/domestic beers. At Kobe Japanese Steaks & Sushi, out motto is: Great Food, Great Service, and unforgettable dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kobe Japanese Steaks and Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our chef was amazing - onesafireblueDined on 9/24/2011Our chef was amazing - one of the best I've seen and quite fun. Our other server left a lot to be desired, from giving us food 10 minutes before utensils to just being slow in general. The bar area was nice and the hibachi area downstairs was neat, but extremely loud to the point that my friends and I had to shout to hear each other. Still, it was a fun time and again, our chef was AMAZING!
- We made a reservation forOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/9/2011We made a reservation for 3 with open table for 9:15 and was pleasantly surprised by the lively activity at this local Sushi restaurant. Among hard wooded booths and an interestingly painted ceiling we ordered drinks and settled in for a feast. We LOVE sushi and hoped that the hotel recommendation could live up to the hype. After a rather heavy pour (thanks) of drinks and replacing some shipped plates we were greeted with generous portions and flavorful rolls of sushi. The salmon and tuna were cut well and the specialty rolls were a nice combination of flavors and eye appeal. Staff was a bit busy and not the most attentive, but they tried hard to keep up with our requests for more. i recommenced cushions. ouch!Special Features:
- My husband took me there forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2011My husband took me there for my birthday without the kids and we they had a living social event the same night so it was very loud we couldn't hear eachother when talking. I have been before when they didn't have those events and the noise level was good. Just wish we had known about the event when we made the reservation as we would have picked somewhere more quiet or a different day to have a romantic dinner and a conversation during dinner. Food and service were excellent as always.Special Features:
- I would cuurently NOT ecommendKGPfistereVIPDined on 9/3/2011I would cuurently NOT ecommend this place --- the Hibachi experience was average -- trend good, but the place is just not very pleasing!
- Nothing to warrant a second visitClintVIPDined on 9/2/2011Food was ok; however, not even close to the same level as Ichiban. Service was fine; however, the server rushed each contact with us, although we were the only couple in the dining room. A group of teenagers - obviously known to our server - was seated in the adjacent booth. They were loud and boisterous, dampening the relaxed mood that existed before their arrival. Striking out all on fronts, there is nothing to draw us back again.
- They were 20 minutes lateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2011They were 20 minutes late on the reservation and the host was rude. The down stairs eatting area is hot. The food was good, but it could have been better.Special Features:
- The sushi selection and rollsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2011The sushi selection and rolls were great. Especially the Rich Roll! Thanks for a great meal.Special Features:
- Kobe on 13th is top of my list!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2011Since updating its menu and offerings a couple years ago, I am a huge fan! We typically go to lunch at least once a week as it is an easy walk from our slip office location...and dinner is always yummy! The sushi is outstanding, the hibachi is always entertaining and cooked to perfection...and the staff is always friendly, courteous, and top-notch. I am eating my way through their extensive menu and have not found anything I didn't like...from presentation, to originality, to price...I highly recommend Kobe on 13th!Special Features:
- Great Food & Ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2011It was my husband's first time and he really enjoyed the food and the ambiance. While it was crowded we didn't feel like we were sharing ou r table or conversation with other seated near by. The only poor spot of the night was the service was really slow getting started and taking our orders (over 25-30 minutes) but afterwards it moved along quickly.Special Features:
- First trip back to a JapaneseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/7/2011First trip back to a Japanese steak house in many years. Almost starved to death in previous visit to this type place, but found larger servings at this place. Expect some noise in the habachi room as folks come there to kick up their heels. If your not with a crowd, eat upstairs where it's cozy and quiet. Everyone enjoyed their selection and the show and service were very good. I'd go back.Special Features:
- Had steak, samuarai sushi,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2011Had steak, samuarai sushi, and spicy/crunchy sushi and the food was fresh and taste outstanding! Seating was prompt, service was friendly and accomodating.. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Reliable Teppanyaki DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/21/2011We enjoyed our teppanyaki dining. The chef did a masterful job keeping us entertained and fed! The steak was grilled perfectly. Our only complaint would be the upcharge for fried rice. We often eat at these Japanese Style restaurants and this was the first time we were charged extra for what should be part of the meal price. Other than that this was a very reliable choice if you love Teppanyaki Style dining.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/15/2011We had a wonderful time. Our Chef Adam was excellent. I had been to this restaurant several times and this was my best v.isit because of Adam. He was wonderful. Great food and very entertaining.Special Features:
- Bday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2011This was my first time at Kobe, I have heard alot of good things from friends and I would agree, food was great, service was great, loved the atmosphere, wok definitely go back, soon!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011Wonderful food, great service and cook! We are dying to go back.Special Features:
- Vaientines out with the boys....OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/13/2011Loved it; it was kid friendly. It was a perfect was for my husband to spend some time together for and have the kids entertianed.Special Features:
- Not any better than otherOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2011Not any better than other Japanese Steak houses in the Richmond area for quality, but a lot higher cost than others. Would not return.
- salad dressing a little tooOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/12/2011salad dressing a little too sweet, but the filet hibachi was excellent quality compared to other Japanese steak houses...Special Features:
- This was definitly a welcomeTye2Dined on 6/12/2010This was definitly a welcome treat. I eat at kobe's in maryland (whitemarsh) often because it is an awesome place and now i can look forward to a great meal when ever im in the richmond area. Kobe's has inspired me to come and see more of the downtown area. The restaurant fits right in with the neighborhood. You don't haft to get dressed up to still have a first class meal.Special Features:
- My family, my boyfriend, andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/3/2010My family, my boyfriend, and I all went here for my 22nd birthday. This was my first time at Kobe, but definitely one of the best! They made my birthday a great experience for me! Thanks Kobe! Looking forward to our next date night at Kobe!Special Features:
- Sorry we didn't have the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/29/2010Sorry we didn't have the best dining experience when we came here. First of all we waited over 5 minutes before anyone would even take us to our seats. We actually got to order our food and drinks rather quickly and ordered a roll from the sushi menu. We even got to sit at a hibachi table to ourselves. And then a party of 31 came and everything went slow. The soup we got was very salty, and I like salty things. The salad was ok just like the traditional japanese steakhouses. The hicachi chef came over cooked for us and we could tell he was in such a hurry because of the full other tables. The meats came out fine but the rice was over salty. Our sushi finally came out. The spicy lobster roll was the best thing I had.
- My boyfriend and I decidedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/10/2010My boyfriend and I decided to try this place for our date night on Saturday. We had heard they were great, but we were blown away! The food was amazing! We started with the Shrimp and Veggie Tempura, which was great! Then, I ordered the Hibachi Shrimp while my boyfriend ordered the Hibachi Salmon along with a Sunrise sushi roll. Next time we'll remember not to order an appetizer! We couldn't finish all of our food! They give you huge portions in comparison to other hibachi restaurants we've been to and the food was much, much better! My boyfriend said the sushi was the best he'd ever had and that's saying a lot, since he's tried sushi from all over! Definitely try this place if you love hibachi or sushi!Special Features:
- The food was quite good, althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/20/2009The food was quite good, although the portions seemed small for the prices charged. Our chef(hibachi style) was very friendly and skilled. However, it took a long time to get drinks ordered, and the waiter was not attentive, even though we were the only people there for part of the time. I can only rate this place as average overall. There are a lot of places in the area that I would go to, but I doubt we will be back to this one.
- attrocious service, long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2009attrocious service, long wait for meal to begin. unresponsive staff.
- This was my second time atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2009This was my second time at this particular KOBE's. I took my mother and she loved it. The food is wonderful. I will definitely go again when I am travelling through Richmond! Even though we were the only one's at the table, the chef did his whole routine and the our server was excellent.Special Features:
- we visited the hibachi bardiamondgroupVIPDined on 4/26/2009we visited the hibachi bar this time and were not near as impressed as upstairs - also, we were charged an extra $2.00 for fried rice that usually comes with the hibachi at other restaurants we have been to!Special Features:
- Wonderful time - food wasluvtheseaDined on 4/24/2009Wonderful time - food was great and the waitservice was excellent.Special Features:
- I wasn't impressed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/23/2009I wasn't impressed with the ambiance of this restaurant. There was a Sushi Bar upstairs and the Hibatchi service was downstairs. I was there for Hibatchi and didn't really like being in the basement. It looked like a basement. The Mai Tai was great, but the food was average at best. On the brighter side, the server was excellent. He was very attentive and friendly. I wouldn't recommend this particular Kobe restaurant.Special Features:
- Service was great, friendly.ValentinesdinnerDined on 1/30/2009Service was great, friendly. Food was very good. Had two sushi rolls, two hibachi meals, two alcoholic drinks for around $60.00, we thought this was very reasonable. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Had a fantastic dinner onOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2008Had a fantastic dinner on New Year's Eve! Great food, friendly service, highly recommend!Special Features: