Kobe Japanese Steak - International Drive
8148 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
HibachiPrice: $30 and under
Kobe Japanese Steak - International Drive
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kobesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (407) 203-2803
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Hibachi, Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering services are available. Please contact 407-389-1081.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private banquet rooms are separate from the restaurant, giving you and your guests the privacy you want. Full-service, sit-down teppanyaki dinner where a chef cooks at each table, or buffet style options are available. Presentation equipment is available for business meetings and other special occasions such as a wedding rehearsals.
- Private Party Contact: Truong Le 4072032803
- Entertainment: While the preparation method is traditional, each chef brings their own sense of humor and spontaneity to the table. All entrees are prepared at your table by Teppan Chefs in a display of flashing knives and exotic aromas. Every meal is a culinary and performance delight that you are sure to enjoy.
- Cross Street: W Sand Lake Road
- Public Transit: International Drive offers stops in front of International Drive Kobe.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Limited parking is available in front of restaurant. Majority of parking is located towards the back of restaurant. Valet is available on Friday and Saturday.
A word from Kobe Japanese Steak - International Drive
Experience the best Japanese dining experience Orlando has to offer at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse! Specializing in teppanyaki dining, our chefs will dazzle you and your guest as he skillfully entertains and cooks your dinner right in front of your eyes. Along with teppanyaki dining, Kobe also offers a sushi bar and traditional dining that serves a wide array of Asian favorites. This is the perfect place for all celebratory occasion such as birthdays or anniversaries. For very special occasions or Corporate events, Kobe has large banquet rooms that can seat up to 100 guests and offers Banquet Services to help you with all you event dining needs. Family owned and operated over 25 years and awarded the ‘Best Japanese Restaurant’ over 10 years, Kobe truly is an Orlando gem you must visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Kobe Japanese Steak - International Drive - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Kobe Japanese Steak - International Drive reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (26)special occasion (17)kid-friendly (16)fit for foodies (10)romantic (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)neighborhood gem (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Japanese Steak HousePaceDined on 11/23/2014Reasonably good food and a fun show by the chef. The portions are very large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed, overpricedFirtsttimeinorlandoDined on 11/2/2014While looking for Japanese food, we stumbled upon this place and left less than impressed. Ambiance and food quality were good. However, the service was lacklustre as our waitress forgot 1/2 of our order, such as the soup and salads with our combos and the Alaskan roll. Her excuse for the roll being delayed was the sushi chefs were backed up. I sincerely doubt that since this place was at 20% capacity at most on a Sunday night. I felt the food was overpriced as well. Not bad overall but we won't go back.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance but hostesses not soOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014The cook was fun she smiled more than the hostesses at the front entrance.Special Features:
- family dinnerbecsueDined on 10/28/2014Went with family for dinner portions were plentiful and tasty. The service was great.Special Features:
- Pick up the pace way to slowFoodisfunDined on 10/15/2014Fish people were finished before beef and chicken even got started. Overall just seem very slow and low energy unlike the normal Japanese steakhouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkBattaboomDined on 10/8/2014Standard Hibachi food. Nothing great or unique. Service was good.Special Features:
- Awesome Place!!BirthdayDined on 10/3/2014I love Kobe's I had a great time for my Birthday and the Manager was awesome. I dont remember his name but he worked at night on October 3rd,2014 and her wore glasses. He was very nice, accomodating, and helped me celebrate my birthday with a Bang!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/30/2014My birthday was celebrated great here! Music and smal cup cake was excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicesmells9mmDined on 9/29/2014Took clients for sushi. Food was good, service was good. It was quiet and we were able to talk to each other. Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Great time.Prico22Dined on 9/21/2014Best grill place ate at so far. Check in process and have garlic noodles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special prefix menuRubyDewDined on 9/20/2014Enjoyable evening with good food and good service. Somehow when you get a prefix option, the portions are smaller...not so here. Everything was prepared to our specifications and was not rushed.Special Features:
- What a mealcruzluversVIPDined on 9/19/2014Our first visit to Kobe for Magical Dining Month and were we happy we had chosen to dine here. Seated at a large friendly table of nine diners, we enjoyed the "performance" of our hibachi chef, Chris. Between making jokes and performing tricks, he prepared an excellent hibachi meal for all of us. We all ordered different entrée items (seafood, filet mignon-medium rare, chicken, etc) and each person got their entrée just the way they wanted it. The food was so plentiful that we all ended up taking boxes home to enjoy another day. It was a great experience.Special Features:
- Kobe I driveHawaiianDined on 9/14/2014This was the best service at a Kobe ever. We had a 5:00 pm reservation and our buzzer rang at exactly 5:00 pm. Norberto was very nice and super efficient. He was also very knowledgable with the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour after 9pm!KJN927Dined on 9/6/2014Loved our visit we signed up for Kobe rewards before we went and did the after 9pm happy hour that includes sushi rolls drinks a few apatizers and we did the 2 for 35$ habatchiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PamelaDined on 8/31/2014Used the same sauce on all cooked foods. All food began tasting the same. Used the same sauce on steak, lobster, chicken, noodles, rice and vegetables. Their freezer was down for the magical dining dessert so the only dessert was a cupcake which was less than average. Service was good. Disappointed and will not return to this chain.Special Features:
- disappointedluvdmDined on 8/30/2014We reserved a table via open table. When we arrived we were told to wait. Others came in after us and we're seated promptly. After about 15 mins we were called to be seared at a table with a group. We were there for sushi and not hibachi. I told the hostess and she just said..."oh, I guess I should have asked that" once seated our waitress seemed stoned. She asked if we wanted forks, we said no, and we realized once our food arrived we had no napkins. We asked for some and she seemed confused...brought me cocktail napkins. All the other tables had clothe so I laid tiny paper napkins over my lap to protect my dress and wipe my hands. The only saving grace was my sushi roll was good.
- SueRDined on 8/15/2014We had an awesome time & experience. Our hibachi chef was very entertaining, engaging, funny & great with the kids. Will definitely come back! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal FavoritestingncDined on 8/8/2014This is our favorite Japanese Steak house. We visit Kobe either on International Drive or across from Celebration EVERY TIME we are in Orlando!!!! Great place. The food is always perfect and great, great service. We love coming here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendiferous!AnnjelFSDined on 8/8/2014I went with a group of 9 and having experienced this type of grill, the overall experience was amazing. The children were enthralled and the adults were amused. The service was prompt and attentive. The food - to die for! Definitely a must do on our return to Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 38 reviews are from the Kobe Japanese Steak - International Drive reviews archive.
- Great place and experiencejuanafVIPDined on 7/18/2014We had great food, excellent service, the place is beautiful and the chef was a lot of fun. We loved it =)Special Features:
- Great Surprise!Great Experience!!clvesqDined on 7/16/2014Went to Kobe with my family of 7 to meet a friend for dinner. Never have been here before and given its location, was worried it could be a tourist trap ... but to our surprise, the food was great and plentiful -most could not finish their dinners and had lunch the next day (this included 4 teenage boys). The services was great and our server Shirley was extremely fun even though she was not Norwegian (inside joke here). Will definitely go back when I am in the Orlando area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014This experience was a lot of fun. Chefs make it entertaining. Food was delicious, fast service, great meal.Special Features:
- Kobe Japanese Steak - Interna Driveunhappy01Dined on 6/13/2014This restaurant was awful.. we made a reservation with you, and when we got there the two woman at the desk ignored us, laughing and giggling at something on the computer.the restaurant was basically empty and yet they made us wait an additional 20 minutes to be seated. we seemed like a bother to them. we also told you that we were celebrating a birthday and that went totally ignored as well. Will not go back and will definitely warn others about this location.
- Wonderful food and experience!clutexasDined on 6/3/2014We hold our annual company team dinner at Kobe Steaks while attending a conference in Orlando each year, and were not disappointed. Food was fantastic and our chef was quite entertaining. We had guests who had not experienced a hibachi grill before and they were very impressed. The only drawback I can think of was the amount of food - no one leaves hungry! Thanks again - we'll be back next year for sure.Special Features:
- Pleasingly pleasantPositivelyFabulousDined on 6/1/2014Noodles seeved and rice puts Kobe ahead of Benihana in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable dinnerNoodleyummomentsDined on 5/30/2014We were celebrating late Mother's day, Mom's bday and a recent high school graduate - they all were acknowledged by the Chef Hikaro?? (I apologize if it is not his name) - anyway, he made the dinner and show a memorable one for my three kids - he engaged them in the food process, encourage them to use chopsticks, invite them to try new food and that for me was outstanding. I thank the chef for being gracious, patience and inclusive - Love it all and my family was appreciative and kept on using the nicknames used by the chef. Many thanks, BerthaSpecial Features:
- Great experienceRosyDined on 5/12/2014Sitting at the hibachi grill was not only great food, but also great entertainment. The food is reasonably priced and you get plenty to eat. I chose the Kobe Special which was $30. It came with a crab cake appetizer, steak, chicken, and shrimp on the main course, and a cupcake for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the salmonjulzrulzDined on 5/3/2014We enjoyed the show - great for entertaining company.Special Features:
- ExcellentMrsHatsDined on 4/27/2014I come from the U.K and have eaten at Kobe's many times, with many different people and always had a wonderful experience. The food and service are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food Disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 4/25/2014I am a new fan of Kobe! I tried all of them in my area. This one was probably the worst quality food of them all. The heat must have been on way to high. cuz my son had all black burnt things in his rice. Shrimp taste burn n distasteful! Not a very good experience for someone who is a faithful customer.
- Great HibachiVacationersinOrlandoDined on 4/20/2014We ate dinner at Kobe while on vacation in Orlando. The food was great but the service was even better. Great experiance, a highlight I our trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurant.GoodFoodDined on 4/11/2014We had a great time in this restaurant. It was full when we got there, of course it was Friday night, but we did not have to wait long to get our table and go in. We chose hibachi which is the chef cooking for a group right there on the table. The show was cool and he was funny, also very knowledgeable. In overall we will come again soon, we had a great date and experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expected more, got lessTalnVIPDined on 4/7/2014Found the food lacking its usual flavor; far more butter used than usual and far less seasonings; the sauces were lacking which is not common for kobe. disappointed.
- Good food.Wp123Dined on 3/22/2014This is a big Kobe. The chefs are very animated and do a great job. It is fun to watch them cook. Food was prepared very well.Special Features:
- Good Food and ServiceMiamiJoe55Dined on 3/21/2014This was first trip to this Kobe's as we have been to others and it didn't disappoint. The food was good the chef entertaining and the servers were on point.Special Features:
- I booked this for my daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/8/2014I booked this for my daughter and her boyfriend who were out for a meal together.. It really wasn't the dining experience they were looking for as they were put together with a large family group. They enjoyed the food but not the random company!Special Features:
- The long waitCustomerDined on 3/6/2014We were seated promptly on our reservation time. Then it began 1. Had to ask 3 different people for a high chair 2. 3 of us ordered one of their speciality drinks. They were all different even though we ordered the same drink and the waitress verified that we ordered and received the dragon berry. 3. Cook prepared 1 persons food at a time. By the time the last person got their food we were ready to leave. Everybody else was finished eating. Food quality was good and the food was prepared good. Every other Kobe style restaurant cooks seafood together, chicken together and beef together. The cook too forever!!!!!!! We will not return.
- good foodangieDined on 2/27/2014The food was great, even though I could not eat it all. I had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Food was good so as nice ambience;OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/17/2014Food was good so as nice ambience; service could improve somewhat ( arrived a little earlier than reserved time, but were asked to wait 15 minutes while visibly plenty of empty seats available in the dining area).Special Features:
- Love itMaryandbillDined on 2/15/2014First time at a Kobe. Have been to Japanese-type grill venues before many, many times. Was delighted we had such a wonderful time! Great service, food's yummy, chef did a great job. Server-assistant so courteous, and anticipated our wants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.