Kobe Japanese Steak House, Teppan & Sushi
3001 Old Ranch Pkwy
Seal Beach, CA 90740Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Kobe Japanese Steak House, Teppan & Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kobebistro.com/
- Phone: 5625969969
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
Thursday 7-10pm, Friday/Saturday 8-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Ray Akao
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater! Call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Tired of the same old restaurants? Have a little fun with your next event! Treat your guests to a delicious and exciting Teppanyaki dinner show or enjoy an upscale dinner in our gorgeous lounge. We offer the finest in Japanese steak, sushi and seafood with a newly renovated dining menu.
- Private Party Contact: Events Manager 8772764102
- Entertainment: Kobe's brand new lounge features only the best musical acts, including Grammy award winning musicians. Our music room is all ages, so bring the whole family for a truly memorable music experience.
- Special Events: Call for details.
A word from Kobe Japanese Steak House, Teppan & Sushi
In the spacious restaurant area, diners can enjoy the theatre of Classic Teppanyaki-style cooking, sushi, and live music! Expert chefs prepare your food at your own dedicated grill station. Be prepared for an evening of fun and great food as our title of Theatrical Cuisine suggests it's a real show of acrobatic knife skills, spectacular flames and culinary delights. In our lounge, enjoy the best musical acts in the Southland. Our lounge is strictly 21 and over with live music offered Thursday through Saturday evenings!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kobe Japanese Steak House, Teppan & Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (17)good for groups (15)kid-friendly (8)romantic (5)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (4)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- annette iribarrenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014we were looking for something different than our usual bbq, burger joint. We have been invited to KOBE on many occasions by Gazelle Beck (finace to Rick Parma, regular entertainment there). The food, service and ambiance was wonderful. Teppan rooms make the dining area somewhat warm, but tolerable. Personally I love tempura and have to say this is some of the best i have had so far. Not a fan of sushi, but the sushi menu is quite large. Will defienitley recommend KOBE to my son and his friends who LOVE sushi. Will definetly come back for dinner or even lunch. Hopefully one night we may even make it wheen Rick Parma and his band are performing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrate!SouthSBDined on 7/28/2014Kobe Steakhouse in Seal Beach is one of our favorite restaurants; we thoroughly enjoy the teppan grill, with the talented chefs, and outstanding food. We dined with a party of 12 to celebrate my daughter's birthday, and we were not disappointed. The skills of the chef were truly amazing! The food was excellent, and the service was first rate. We ate the Veggie Delight, Scallops and Shrimp, Steak, and Teriyaki Steak, and everything was flavored and cooked to perfection. The celebration ended with a birthday song, accompanied by a tambourine, and a complimentary dessert for the birthday girl. Everyone was happy and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bartender saved the dayMacDadaDined on 7/27/2014I had made reservations for 2 for Breakfast with the Beatles. The hostess stand was empty, leaving myself and 3 other parties 10 minutes to be checked in. We were sat at a tiny table in the bar where the band was going to play (which raised the price from $35 to $45). There was less than 18" of aisle room for people to walk by, so we felt a little crammed. We waited for a server for drinks but after 10 minutes decided to hit the buffet. The food was incredible. All the usual food plus teppenaki style food was the best. Since our table was against the bar, the bartender Robert got out drinks every time, within 2 minutes of asking. All these negatives were outweighed by the great music, food and Robert! Go enjoy, just know the service sucks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WomanDined on 7/27/2014I was disappointed that I set it up with the front desk to take my credit card, then a man in my party was allowed to cancel what I set up and use his credit card. It made me feel like woman money wasn't as good as man money.Special Features:
- Good showHmmmDined on 7/20/2014Kobe Steakhouse is NOT kobe steak. It can be, if you order from their special menu (by request) approximately $70 for a 4 oz steak. Plenty of options, to include sushi. We were seated about 40 minutes after our reservation time, on the Chef's table (where they cook all the food in front of you) and the band was in a different room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TibiVIPDined on 7/19/2014The Teppan chef was great. Pre dinner drink service not. Did not carry a listed wine. Had to ask for refills on Coke. Plates of salad & silverware handed out with servers thumb in/on it. Just not as top notch as before.Special Features:
- DisappointedSushiloverDined on 7/16/2014This place needs some serious updating. The sushi rolls are mediocre. The waitress didnt know the menu for the sushi rolls. This used to be a really nice place, but it's gone downhill. Even the bathrooms were unkempt and dirty. Kobe please do some remodeling!Special Features:
- MarkDined on 7/12/2014Been here several times and it's usually very good. This trip, the food wasn't seasoned very well, needed more. Overall still had a good time celebrating our sons birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014It was our first time dining at Kobe. We were looking for sushi and sooo delights with this place. Could have had about 20 different things!Special Features:
- Over priced quality of food poorBadteppanDined on 7/6/2014Over priced quality of food poor noisy due to overhead vents DISAPPOINTED
- Nightclub instead of restaurantjustmy2centsDined on 7/5/2014I am all about a good band but not when I am out having dinner with my family and I can't hear the person beside me for the noise. The band needs to start later or have the dining end sooner. Food was way overcooked and there was no flavor to the rice and vegetables. The chef couldn't entertain for the band. I am new to the area so I can't compare it to another but I won't go back to this one.Special Features:
- H20momDined on 6/15/2014Breakfast with the Beatles was alot of fun. Definately will do it again with friends.Special Features:
- Just an okay ladies night outToweringFoodieDined on 6/10/2014It took a number of times to get the items right, in the end it was just okay. The lycheetini had not lychee in it, the cucumber martini tasted nothing like cucumber, and I had asked for an extra dirty martini but it simply had LOTS of vermouth. I had asked for fried rice with my filet mignon and lobster instead of the wasabi mashed potatoes (my friend had this and it was pretty tasty), i was brought white rice. And the thing i was looking forward to the most was the filet that i had asked for medium rare; it was medium well. Overall, i felt everything pretty much fell short of my expectations. The service was great. She was very accommodating.Special Features:
- great food and entertainingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014The food was delicious and the chef who prepared our meal at our table was a amazing. The kids couldn't look away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!RosieDined on 5/10/2014Came here for Mother's Day.. first time to this restaurant and it was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day MayhemluvwineanddineDined on 5/10/2014We dine here with the entire family and love the food, ambience, and service! Sat PM before Mother's Day was an exception to the usually perfect experience. The gas line for half of their teppan grills went out, pushing reservations back about 40 minutes. We were not in a hurry and enjoyed appetizers. The manager graciously provided us with a $20 gift certificate for a return visit. Since the teppan dinners are more than generous, we would not have had appetizers/drinks, had we been seated on time. I felt that they should have had better communication with the wait staff, and perhaps taken a portion (50% possibly) of our lounge purchase off our tab. I would still recommend Kobe as a nice place to enjoy a pleasant, celebratory meal.Special Features:
- Dinning at KobeSandiDined on 5/10/2014When we got there it was a mad house. One half of the tables were closed do to some problems. They called someone at to find the problem. We sat in the bar to wait and there were lots of families waiting to be sited. To our special our wait wasn't that long at all. They did everything to get people in and out so the wait wasn't to bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 261 reviews are from the Kobe Japanese Steak House, Teppan & Sushi reviews archive.
- Note to Open Table - YourJamieDined on 4/13/2014Note to Open Table - Your force-choice option for Noise Level are not useful (i.e., Quiet, Moderate, Energetic, Do Not Recall); what if the restaurant Noise Level was simply TOO LOUD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun nightFishDined on 4/6/2014We went here to celebrate my sister's birthday, and we had such a great time. The food is tasty, the teppanyaki experience is always fun, and they are so friendly and eager to please. Everyone from my 4 year old daughter to my 95 year old grandpa enjoyed themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIRST TIMER TO JAPANESE RESTRAUNTBBALDined on 3/15/2014Better than I expected. My partner says this place is way better than the most popular Japanese commercialized restraunt. ..must try it once..dinner and nite life kinda place. Fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As soon as we walked throughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014As soon as we walked through the door, we were greeted by the host and a gentlemen I had been talking to over the phone about getting a table in the Lounge. We were immediately directed into the Lounge and we had a great seat at the bar, which we love to eat at. The bartenders were amazing with their service and on suggestions for our dinner. The live music was fabulous! Boxcar 7 played and gave a performance that kept the crowd in high spirits. I will be back and I will recommend all my friends about Kobe Steakhouse in Seal Beach CA. Excellent Host, Food, Bartenders, Service, Music, it was an amazing evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Teppan in OCdingchavezDined on 2/14/2014This is the best Teppan in all of OC. The servers were prompt in their delivery, and not once did I have to ask for refills. The chefs, not cooks, were amazing. The prepared my meal to exactly what I liked, medium rare on the steak, and all the sides were perfectly seasoned and cooked flawlessly. I go here everytime I have a special occasion coming up. Make sure you make a reservation, because they do get packed.Special Features:
- Our booth table was a bitJoyTDined on 2/14/2014Our booth table was a bit far from the seat, but other than that a good experience. ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceBigTDined on 2/13/2014Our server was bright and informative as this was our first time. She gave great insite and being it was a early service, the food was hot and fresh. Will be returning agian soon. Dont change a thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kobe reviewPrettyfoodieDined on 2/8/2014The food/food preparation was excellent. Our server Laura was great. We can't wait to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014Some of the best food I have ever had and the teppan style dinner was amazing. Overall a great experience with great service and I will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- teppan grill a lot of funITSMEAGAINDined on 2/3/2014teppan grill a lot of fun for the kids, wait staff nice and really enjoyed the food. the busboy accidently dropped sauce and splattered all over 2 of our guests, but it was a accident so what can ya do. it's pretty pricey so that's why i said special occasion..our bill with no alcohol and quite a few just waters came to over 350 with tip 9 peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but priceyMarcia41Dined on 2/1/2014I went with a group of friends, and one of them said she was still hungry afterwards, yet spent nearly $50. It was good, and the food is fresh, but prices have gone up enough that it is not a place I would go often. It is always either too hot or too cold. Even when there is not blaring live music, the radio is turned up so loud it is hard to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchTineVIPDined on 1/26/2014Brunch with the Beatles was a blast. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ServicegoodserviceDined on 1/25/2014We enjoyed the cooking show. The chef did a fantastic job. The food was great Everybody at the table had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moms Birthdayfunmama8Dined on 1/24/2014Everything was great the food, the service, and would go again. There was only one little problem no foot rails (tall chairs) at the teppan tables. My mother had knee replacement surgery and was unable to sit at the teppan table it was very uncomfortable for her so we had to move to the dining room which was nice but we could not see the teppan cooking which we came for. Other than that everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great timegr84castDined on 1/23/2014Excellent dining experience. Jazz band was great. Nice date night atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun anniversary celebrationJerryEDined on 1/17/2014My wife and I made a last minute decision to celebrate our wedding anniversary at Kobe. We used Open Table to secure the first available reservation and along with our daughter, headed to the restaurant. We were warmly welcomed, shown to the grill where we enjoyed cocktails and edamame in a garlic, soy butter sauce. The service was great throughout the meal. Overall, the food was great, albeit under-seasoned. The Fillet Mignon, scallops and swordfish were awesome, but the NY steak was a bit tough & chewy, even cooked medium-rare. The chicken was just ok, mainly because of the lack of seasoning. In the end, we had a great experience, topped by a complementary ice cream sundae and a rousing 'Happy Anniversary' song by the staff.Special Features:
- Good sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/9/2014The sushi was good. The restaurant was a little too dark to see what I was doing or accent the food I was eating. The waitress allowed us to move a few times without any fuss until we found lighting that was agreeable to us. We went during happy hour and the specials were fine but you could only get them if you ate at the bar. The prices were mid range for sushi rolls, nothing crazy.Special Features:
- Long wait but good foodJaneDined on 12/31/2013We had to wait 45 minutes to be seated even though we had a reservation and arrived on time. The staff was polite and the food was good, just a long wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concert-level volumeRmacDined on 12/29/2013The loudest jazz band I have ever heard. Could barely hear ourselves in the restaurant. Could hear them from the parking lot. I'd give the food a B. Everyone overrates this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to engage moreluv2celebrateDined on 12/28/2013Our food was good but somewhat disappointed in our chef this time as he was not as animated & didn't connect well with our group. My 2 grand kids were there & he did not try to engage them in the cooking process or play with them, nor did I see him engage anyone else in our party of 10. Maybe it was just an "off night" for him... he just went about the task of preparing & serving our meal & then quietly exited. He did however accommodate several photos of the firery volcano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodRichieRichDined on 12/25/2013Teppan is amazing! The cooks performance is fun and exciting. The food is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dinner option - Teppan at KobedtabassDined on 12/21/2013My wife & I went before a Christmas concert on the CSULB campus in Long Beach - it made for a fun pre-concert dinner! They got us in right away and things moved along pretty well for the most part. The food was very good and our table's chef had some fun "Teppan tricks" - pretty amazing that he pulled them all off w/o any misses/drops...! :-) The waitress was very attentive as well. We had a little bit of a wait/lull between appetizers and chef arrival, but not too long. I'd recommend Kobe to others - and would mention that it would be especially fun in groups of 8 (which is the unit of cooking/service - else you are seated with others) - and is kid-friendly (probably for 4-and-up-ers - younger kids might find some of it a little "scary".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First-time - Teppan styleweasel2Dined on 12/18/2013I had the hibachi chicken and it was a tad dry, but that is the only negative. Had enough food for two additional meals. The salad was incredibly fresh and delicious. Miso soup (can substitute for onion soup) was good. The chef was very personable and "athletic" (you who have dined Teppan in So Cal know what I mean). Beautiful restaurant.Special Features: