Kobe Japanese Steak House, Maui
136 Dickenson Street
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Kobe Japanese Steak House, Maui
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kobemaui.com/
- Phone: 8086675555
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:30pm-10:00pm
Sushi Bar: Daily 5:00pm-11:00pm
RESERVATIONS FOR TEPPANYAKI
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Felamor Simon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Join Auntie Toddy Lilikoi and the Kobe Ohana (family) for Karaoke and dancing every Friday and Saturday night from 9:30 PM until closing. Customers be 21 years with a valid I. D.
- Cross Street: Luakini
- Public Transit: The Maui Bus stops at the Wharf Shopping center 1/2 block from the restuarant.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Our parking lot is behind the restaurant. We offer a $5.00 parking reimbursement at the Lahaina Restoration or Republic Parking lots located across the street.
A word from Kobe Japanese Steak House, Maui
Enjoy the exciting art of Japanese Teppanyaki dining. Our talented chefs will prepare delicious steak, chicken, and seafood entrees right at your table. Complete dinners include soup, shrimp appetizer, teppan vegetables, rice, and hot tea. Vegetarian and keiki (kids) menus are available. Sunset dinner specials offered daily at our 5:30 and 6:00 PM seatings. Oku"s fabulous sushi will complete your Japanese dining experience! RESERVATIONS FOR TEPPANYAKI DINING ONLY!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Kobe Japanese Steak House, Maui - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Kobe Japanese Steak House, Maui reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (33)kid-friendly (26)special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Kobe rocks!KiheiboiFoodieDined on 10/8/2014Were greeted w/ a warm smile and didnt end there. Everybody who worked there was so nice and energetic. Of course the chef was amazing w/ all his cool tricks and entertaining conversation. We had a fun table and will definitely return to this location. Thanks for the bday dessert. T'Was ono-liciois!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very consistentrlernVIPDined on 9/24/2014Good food and good service all the time. We got lucky with a fun group at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tepanyaki fixOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The service was excellent, food was good, overall atmosphere could use sprucing up.Special Features:
- KobeMarta79Dined on 9/14/2014Everything was amazing. The food, the cooker. The servixe was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vailsuzVIPDined on 9/12/2014Had 8:00PM reservation Requested @ 8:15 PM status on reservation Seated @ 8:25PM No sign of service for 20 minutes Spoke with Host Said staff was very limited. Food service begain @ 9:10PM wish I would have been informed earlier as I would have returned on another evening....
- Budget friendlyDiscountdinerVIPDined on 9/11/2014They have a $10 off coupon on an order of 2 entrees readily available. In fact they ask you up front. Quantity and quality of food very good, chef entertains and makes sure you have plenty of sauce and water. We usually have leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Food was delicious as always. The chef is amazing. Had a wonderful dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many add-ons and no gluten freeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The local advertisements make you believe they are reasonably priced, beware there are many add ons. As an example, most hibachi style restaurants provide fried rice, at Kobe the entree is served with white steam rice if you want it fried they charge you an extra $4. They also do not cater to anyone that is gluten free you must bring your on Tamari. This restaurant is not very flexible I believe there are better choices available if you are looking for Hibachi dinning.Special Features:
- Time to upgradeDiningVibesDined on 8/18/2014The food was what to be expected. Our chef was great!! The restaurant seem very outdated and drab. It needs some upgrading. It appeared very musty. The two dudes in front appeared as the restaurant did. Needs new energy!!!Special Features:
- Disappointing Birthday DinnerBadBirthdayDined on 8/15/2014We specifically scheduled this dinner for my 11 year olds birthday. They rushed us in and out and forgot to sing happy birthday to my son. We had to remind them after we paid the bill. Then due to feeling obligated, they gave him a scope of ice cream and candle and one person sang to him! I would never recommend. Not worth the $150 spent!Special Features:
- Best Japanese steak houseHuehueVIPDined on 8/14/2014The service was good and the food was even better. The prices are about the same as in my local area so no extra dollars for just being on Maui which is great.Special Features:
- Very good Benihana style placeDabakemanDined on 8/12/2014Food was very good...chef was outstanding. The place was hopping on a Tuesday.
- Waited way too long for chefR1048VIPDined on 8/6/2014The food was really tasty but even though we were seated at 7:30- our chef didn't start cooking until after 9:00. At that point anything will taste good.
- Food waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014The wait for the food to even start cooking was so long. Our reservation was at 7:00pm and they didn't start cooking until 7:45pm. (But the food was delicious!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgetful serviceVentura101Dined on 8/5/2014Server forgot our teas and son's birthday-despite reminding her. Food very good and so was table chef-despite long delay for chef to arrive at table.
- FavoritenohealaniDined on 7/31/2014Been visiting this restaurant before I could walk. Never fails to make a great meal for my family and I. Fascinating for kids to see their food being cooked right in front of them. Great food!Special Features:
- Ask for Scotty!CLP5Dined on 7/31/2014Our 10 yo son LOVES this place, and we have never been disappointed. The sushi is really great (try the butter fish!!!!), and a good appetizer while you watch them prepare the main course. This time we had Chef Scotty who is friendly and entertaining. Steak was tender and perfectly prepared, as was the shrimp and chicken. We like the garlic fried rice, but they also have regular fried rice. The two standard spicy mustard and sweet ginger sauces are always available and refilled if you want more. This place is very comfortable for families with small kids. Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kobe's July 2014LoveMauiDined on 7/29/2014Every visit to west Maui should include a dinner at Kobe's. Food is good and chef entertaining. Early bird specials will save some money.Special Features:
- Great experience and great mealAcmarnaDined on 7/28/2014We took a group of 16 people to Kobe's during our trip to Maui. We were accommodated very well; we basically had 2 tables facing each other in a semi-private section of the restaurant. The service was excellent, the food was excellent, and we had lots of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hot mess21forthewinVIPDined on 7/20/2014The hibachi table show was entertaining and the food prepared by the chef was good, when we finally got it. However, several orders at our table were taken wrong, thus, the chef did not have the proper ingredients when he arrived at our table to prepare the meal. This resulted in delays in getting served after what had already been a long night waiting to be seated (even with a reservation) and more time waiting at the table for the chef. We had to leave our table to find a waitress to correct drink orders and bring forks for those who were not comfortable with chopsticks. The place needs much better A/C, ventilation and deep cleaning. (Tables and carpet feel sticky) There are better dining experiences on Maui than this.
- Upgrade to the filetChristySVIPDined on 7/19/2014The filet and the vegetables were delicious. The shrimp and soup and sauces were just okay. The company at our table was good too. I did feel like we were rushed a bit, but we had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgotten - Not Goodblessedfamily3Dined on 7/18/2014We waited 1 hour & 30 minutes before the teppan yaki cook finally came to our table. We were there celebrating my mom's 60th bday & was so disappointed with the long wait. We knew that the restaurant would be busy which is why we booked any early reservation. There was a table that came in after us that was seated next to us & their cook arrived shortly after. They were eating & almost done with there dinner before our cook came to our table. We were so upset because we were forgotten! My mom took it upon herself to go & complain to the hostess & her reply was that the cooks were on there way. This was unacceptable & I will not go back there again nor will I recommend it to anyone (considering I am a Concierge). Very disappointed!
- Almost good enough to be perfect!murrayjs48Dined on 7/17/2014As usual, while visiting Maui, we made the trek to Lahaina for a dinner a Kobe's. After being seated the person who came to take our order was very outgoing and kind of condescending. We order the steak and lobster which he told us we could share. When we offered a coupon, for an amount off the price, after we had eaten and he brought the bill he asked why we had not given the coupon to him at the start and that the item we had purchased was a single item that we shared and did not qualify for the discount. We were very disappointed at how he handled the situation, almost belittling us. The food was excellent and the chef that cooked our meal in front of us was very adept at what he did and had a very good sense of humor.Special Features:
- Terrible ManagementOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014Had reservation, waited almost an hour to be seated, then another 30 mins for chef. Food good but service and management sucked. Had to ask 3 times for check. Wont be back...Special Features:
- False advertising and loudDocltDined on 7/10/2014The Kobe was ok, we were seated quickly only to find that it took quite some time to get service. I could barely carry on a conversation with my family seated next to me due to the noise level. It was expensive. Worse of all afterwards the Kobe wouldn't reimburse me for the amount of my parking as advertised. They acted as if it was just what they always do - which seems shady and almost false advertising like. I'd recommend going elsewhere.Special Features:
- Very dissapointing and we live hereDiverdaveDined on 7/5/2014They got most of our orders wrong and the service was so bad that the manager gave the entire table 50% off. The cook burned all the garlic for the garlic fried rice and my wife's shrimp were burned on one side and raw on the other.
- Great food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014We have lived on maui for 3 years and it was our first time at Kobe's, it was our first date night alone since we had our baby. It was a little loud and smoky from the grills, but I absolutely loved the experience our chef was funny kept us entertained the food was fabulous. Its not the best choice if your looking for a more private romantic place. But a great place to bring your family or group of friends. The price is pretty good especially for all the food you get. We will most definitely be back. Thanks for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the stop.FoodloverVIPDined on 6/27/2014Very good food and fun place with family. Chef was funny and the kids loved all the fire and excitement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family Friendly RestaurantCarlVIPDined on 6/26/2014This is the second time we have been to Kobe's in Maui and was happy with our visit both times. It is always fun to have your meal cooked right in front of you, and both the quality and quantity is very satisfying at this restaurant. The only complaint I had with this visit was the service was a little slow as it took almost an hour to have our chef come to our table. As we understand it, one of the chef's had to leave creating a short staff problem. Otherwise, everything was as expected and we enjoyed our meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I made a reservation and waitedAbitdisappointedDined on 6/26/2014My family and I were on vacation and wanted to have a memorable dinner. We chose this place because we had seen some coupons in magazines and thought that it might be a fun time. The staff was able to use the coupons, which we were grateful for. When we arrived we had to wait a half an hour... Then when we were seated we had to wAit another 20 minutes or so. The chef came and was amazing with his tools, unfortunately, it was hard to understand him:( he had a heavy accent. The food was not very tasty... It was a bit flavorless. Overall, it was a nice experience at the table, but the beforehand kind of put a bad memory and the food was nothing to write how about.Special Features:
- The following 96 reviews are from the Kobe Japanese Steak House, Maui reviews archive.
- SkipVIPDined on 6/19/2014Good, but not as good an experience as all the other times we've been there... plus I notice the reviews have gone down.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long waitdiddy2Dined on 6/16/2014We have been to Kobe on numerous occasions and find this visit was lacking. We have a 7 month old and booked the earliest sitting in order to eat first. We waited 40 minutes before our meal was started, staff appeared very flustered and unorganized. This is not acceptable with young children.Special Features:
- It's okayDotcDined on 6/9/2014A lot of food. Food is just okay. The chef was funny but what they do with the onions i.e. light them on fire is very predictable.. It's like that in every similar Japanese restaurant. I guess it's okay for kids if they have never seen it.Special Features:
- Kobe Steak HouseanteVIPDined on 6/6/2014Always a fun atmospher - food cooked table side - very well preparedSpecial Features:
- Just OK....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/3/2014Food was just OK... Cheaper than Benihana but Benihana food is better, cook was funny, but the ventilation above the grill is very weak, smoke was blowing in people's faces on one side of the table, then had to move....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WailukuDined on 5/24/2014Everything from reservations to leaving was great! We had a group of 17 including 6 children age 12 & under.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NerrakDined on 5/23/2014Always enjoy eating at Kobe!! The chefs put on a showSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a ShowHiloEatsDined on 5/13/2014Fun place to take kids to dine. Good good too, it's all fresh and prepare right in front of you on a large cooking grill/table. We always enjoy this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must when visiting MauiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Great eating place in Lahaina. Don't doget to order the garlic fried rice!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOnoMauiDined on 5/10/2014The chef was entertaining and made the whole experience fun for the family. Not to mention, the food was awesome!Special Features: