Kobe Japan - Pleasant Hill
1918 Oak Park Blvd
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Kobe Japan - Pleasant Hill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kobejapanrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9257057065
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Sa: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Su: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour
- Private Party Facilities: Kobe Japan Restaurant in Pleasant Hill is the perfect place to help you celebrate your next special event. We have two semi-private rooms for groups. Our Sushi Banquet Room can seat up to 10 people and our Teppanyaki (Hibachi) Banquet Room can seat up to 15 guests including nine seated around the Teppanyaki cooking area. Contact Kobe Japan today and reserve a banquet room and discuss menu options to make your next event special.
- Private Party Contact: Terry 9257057065
- Entertainment: For the sports enthusiasts, Kobe Japan boasts a full bar and lounge featuring six high definition flat screen TVs for all your sports entertainment. Our bar offers eight beer varieties on tap, including Budweiser and Sapporo along with several unique bottled beer and ale brands. All of your favorite mixed drink cocktails are available as well, along with several varietals of wine. Be sure to check-out our Sports Bar Happy Hour Specials.
A word from Kobe Japan - Pleasant Hill
At Kobe Japan Restaurant where you"ll not only find the very best Japanese cuisine this side of the Bay, but also the most entertaining chefs as they prepare your Teppanyaki meal before your very eyes. Kobe Japan prides itself in serving the finest Kobe beef from Snake River Farm. Let us entertain you at one of our seven Teppanyaki tables where our talented chefs will prepare your meal of Kobe Beef, Maine Lobster Tail, or one of our Hibachi Classic or Hibachi Combination plates. Kobe also caters to those who wish to choose from an eclectic selection of sushi, sashimi, or traditional Bento Boxes. We have weekly sushi board specials that change every Thursday and a huge selection of sushi rolls with unrivaled freshness and taste. Come join us for our own Kobe Roll or special rolls from sushi chefs Tom and Richard. We also serve a wide variety of cold sake from the sweet tasting Nigori to the very dry Junmai, over 20 varieties to choose from along with our traditional house sake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kobe Japan - Pleasant Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (5)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- QuirkyDebbie94597Dined on 7/17/2014Love doing the Hibachi dining. It is quirky and fun to watch the chefs enertain. The food is always good and I like that they off a birthday certificate every year. And it is close to home.Special Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the Kobe Japan - Pleasant Hill reviews archive.
- Good food/service - mehSushiLoverVIPDined on 4/16/2014The food at Kobe is consistently good and its close to our house. We have been here probably 7 or 8 times now. On a busy night we always feel rushed and the service suffers. Not good!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!lop4Dined on 4/8/2014Excellent food and service! Would definitely choose Kobe Japan over its competition. Went for the husbands birthday and kids had a blast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun fun funOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2014Very fun. Good for kids. Great food. Super service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/26/2014We've always had great service and food here. Tried the Kobe Punch this time -- great, as are the rest if their cocktails. This is the place our kids choose first for birthday dinners out. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food Good fun Good serviceHappyDinerDined on 1/12/2014Had a birthday dinner here last weekend and really enjoyed it. Everyone ordered something different, so we got to taste most everything on the Teppenyaki Hibatchi menu. The only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is because they offer Kobe beef, at Kobe beef prices, but when one of us got a tough piece of meat and questioned it, we learned it's not Kobe beef but "Kobe like". But we didn't pay "kobe like" prices, we paid what you would pay for Kobe. So bottom line - don't order the Kobe - get the regular steak or the sirloin - both of those were tender and tasty and much less expensive. Other than that, dinner was great. We will definitely be returning customers.Special Features:
- Very good neighborhood sushi spotcatgetsdownDined on 1/1/2014We had been to Kobe teppan dinner and wanted to be able to talk more during the meal so reserved a table for regular dining. The sushi roll selection is incredible. Lots of variety and interesting combinations. We ordered the sushi and sashimi for two, bento lunch and sashimi lunch (there were 4 of us), and 2 specialty rolls. The server came back a few minutes later and told us that would be a lot of food and recommended some changes- nice! How many places would actually tell you to order less?The classic rainbow roll was good, the softshell crab roll could have done with less sauce. The sushi sashimi was very good. Being as we came on New Years, the fish hadn't been caught that day but everything tasted fresh without a stale flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i am really surprised aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/17/2013i am really surprised about the size of my chirashi . Only few pieces of sashimi on top of the rice. Not worth it!!
- Good service, fun teppanyaki chefOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/3/2013The service was great and the chef was funny and quite skilled! My only complaints would be the food flavoring and air conditioning! We were there when it was 100+ degrees and the restaurant, especially the teppanyaki side, was like a sauna! It was uncomfortable but heck, it was our fault to pick to eat there when it was boiling hot outside! The food was average-- could be more flavorful. Chicken was kind of bland. Otherwise, it was a good experience.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2013Great people own and run Kobe Japan. They make every dining experience special whether you are doing sushi or the hibachi grill. Sushi is very fresh and they have an amazing variety of it. This place probably has the best sushi I have ever had. And the chef's who do the Hibachi grill are experts in their field. They make it so fun and entertaining. Definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/12/2013Spent Mother's Day lunch here, and it was fantastic. All the beef they use is so tender, and the cocktails are great. The kids really enjoyed the grill show, and the staff was so nice to them. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great service and food. KenOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/31/2013Great service and food. Ken was a terrific grill chef. Our young children had a blast! The sushi was very fresh, too . Try the pineapple martini!Special Features:
- Had a great birthday dinnerSFLocalVIPDined on 3/27/2013Had a great birthday dinner and the Hibachi cook, Ken was amazing. He really made the whole experience fun and enjoyable. Will return.Special Features:
- Our Teppanyaki Chef, Ken,OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/16/2013Our Teppanyaki Chef, Ken, was amazing and personable! The staff is generally very good, but we didn't have such a great server. She wasn't very attentive, but when she did appear, she was nice enough. I will revisit this place, as I look forward to giving it a better review the next time around! The food, of course was REALLY good. I preferred the quality of their food to Benihana...Special Features:
- Great restaurant, but unorganized?OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013Late review: Reserved on OpenTable in the morning for my granddaughter's special Valentine dinner, then received a phone call at 4:00pm saying that our reservation could not be honored, as they were completely booked... Huh? But we have a confirmation! The staff claims OpenTable always makes these errors... Huh, again? You want us to look for another restaurant to go to on Valentine's Day at 4:00pm? My daughter spoke with the owner at length, and he was apologetic, but insisted they could not do anything about the mix-up. He suggested we sit at the bar, and we can order kitchen food to eat there. At a teppan restaurant? Why would we take a 10-year old to the bar? Right then, he got a cancellation, so we lucked out.Special Features:
- We went on a very busy night,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013We went on a very busy night, Valentines day. We were seated 15 minutes late but not a problem because I was ok at the bar. Everyone was very friendly. The restaurant staff was working very hard and trying to please. We sat at a table, not hibachi bar. Overall the food was good and plenty of it. The sashimi and sushi was fresh. For a Japanese restaurant, food presentation was lacking. Slices of sashimi were thick and large to the point I had difficulty picking it up with my hashi/chopsticks. I almost asked for a fork and knife. I would consider going back again when it's not too busy.Special Features:
- This was our 1st time at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013This was our 1st time at this restauarant. It was Valentine's Day and when we walked in & told the host that we had reservations through Open Table, he said he was overbooked but would see what he could do for us. We were excited about having a nice Hibachi style dinner after reading reviews. When finally seated, he took us to a little corner of the restaurant that had 3 tables & gave us menus for Sushi or Bento Box style dinner. We realized we were not going to have that Hibachi dinner we had both looked forward to. The reservation does not give you options for Hibachi style seating or the Sushi Bar. Disappointed w/overall experience.
- Entertaining MealImBadnessDined on 2/14/2013Fun alternative to Benihana...fun cooking in front of you. Chef was funny and catered to the child at the table and made her laugh. Food was delish, and time spent there was fun. Only complaint...fruit for dessert-big thumbs down...a scoop of ice cream or a cookie would be better.Special Features:
- Call if you want Hibachi!ModernistVIPDined on 1/26/2013Great sushi/teriakyi/hibachi in suburban Pleasant Hill, a clean alternative to Benihana in Concord which desperately needs updating. They cover the bases really well for Japanese cooking. Bar is really fun as is hibachi, if you want private dining go for the sushi area. Be sure to call if you want Hibachi (live cooking), Opentable does not note that on your reservation and they sell out.Special Features:
- Cold, only option to sit nearAnthonyVIPDined on 1/18/2013Cold, only option to sit near sushi bar with tv much too loud.