Ko at The Fairmont Kea Lani
4100 Wailea Alanui
Wailea, HI 96753Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Ko at The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.korestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8088752210x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Bar: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Japanese, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Tylun Pang
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Nightly Entertainment: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
A word from Ko at The Fairmont Kea Lani
Executive Chef Tylun Pang leads the culinary masterpiece of Kō, the only fine dining restaurant on Maui to offer cuisine inspired by Maui’s sugarcane plantation era. Located at The Fairmont Kea Lani in Wailea, Kō features island family recipes and includes farm-fresh Hawaiian, Chinese, Filipino, Portuguese, Korean, and Japanese menu items with a contemporary twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ko at The Fairmont Kea Lani reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (39)romantic (35)fit for foodies (34)scenic view (33)special occasion (33)notable wine list (16)good for groups (16)kid-friendly (12)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (6)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- PoppyDined on 9/6/2014We had a server who was outstanding. My wife had a smile on her face for two days!! Also a great menu and food. Something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful food; overlooking poolbizdinerDined on 9/4/2014go here for the food...really well done take on trditional hawaiin fare. we had the spring rolls and they were some of the best we have had - not greasy and plump with pork and shrimp. bread even stuck with the theme of hawaii. dinner was chicken (a great take on the hawaii box lunch) and lobster tempura. sauces are what made the dish for sure. location is in the hotel, overlooking the pool - not exactly romantic but not terrible. lots of kids running around is really the biggest distraction (no issues with kids per se, just that parents should teach them that dinner and restratuants are not where you yell and scream...) service was acceptable and friendly. we would definately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!LocalfoodieDined on 9/4/2014Went to Ko for my boyfriends birthday to celebrate with great food! We had the rack of lamb and bone in pork chop. Everything was cooked to perfection!! Lisa, our server, was excellent - very knowledgeable and friendly! The kama'aina deal is definitely one of the best on the island!! We will be back and recommending this place to all our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat the Chap Chae!NatydDined on 9/2/2014Loved this place! So many different foods. Appetizers were great and the Chap Chae noodle plate was my favorite! Great ambiance and wonderful food & drinks!
- Bday dinnerhumuhi5oDined on 8/24/2014We brought out friend here for her bday dinner. The food overall was great, except the paella. Not much there to write home about. For the price it's a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014Great food,service,wine and view, what more can you ask forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSabrinabcatDined on 8/22/2014Everything we ate was wonderful. Great service. Great live music, perfect volumeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Maui Beach diningekzooksVIPDined on 8/20/2014The cuisine here was fun and delicious and the pleasant beachside dining experience made the meal that much more delightful. Loved the two pupu platters that allowed for an assorted selection of the small plates. For main course we shared the paella, a bit unusual for Hawaii but the fresh seafood made it work perfectly.Special Features:
- 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Foodiliciousvetsie27Dined on 8/19/2014Chef Pang is the best! His wait staff is very attentive and pay attention to every detail. Food was served in a timely fashion, but never did we feel rushed. The view is gorgeous at sunset! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very average food-very high pricesMauiDinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant at the Fairmont Kea Lani is one of only three options for dinner at the hotel. The food was average, especially for the high price - $280 for three, which included only one glass of wine. The waiter was good, but the kitchen was slow. It took 40 minutes for our food to arrive from the time we ordered at 8:30 pm.
- Great family dinnerhumuhumufishDined on 8/6/2014We were staying next door in a condo and had dinner here at Ko's (2 adults and 2 kids aged 11 & 14). We've eaten at Ko's in the past and always enjoyed it, but this time was our best visit. The staff seemed to go out of the way to be friendly and attentive. The food was excellent and we had a nice table with live music. It was just a really nice meal and was our best one we had on our 8 days on Maui. I would highly recommend Ko's. Personally I thought it was much better than Mama's Fish House (and half the price). We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Word - AMAZINGUSCTrojanMBAVIPDined on 7/20/2014From the Molokini Tini through the Pao Doce Frito our dinner was AMAZING! One of the best dinning experiences on our recent vacation to Maui. Loved every dish we had...but if I chose a favorites it would be the Sugar Cane Skewered Prawns and Scallops w/Pancit Noodles or the Zarzuela both were simply gastronomic perfection. Chef Pang solidly delivers on his theme of "cuisine inspired by the sugarcane plantation era" and it was a very refreshing departure from the Macadamia Nut Crusted Cuisine served up by many establishments on Maui. (I am not knocking the Macadamia Nut Cuisine) I highly recommend KO to anyone visiting Maui. We were staying in Wailea but it would be worth the drive from Kaanapali/Lahaina. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Outstanding service and foodIluvMauiDined on 7/14/2014We frequently go to Ko and we are never disappointed. We are vegan and they take good care of us to ensure everything we order is vegan. Their service is outstanding and their food is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dining experienceDinner44reviewDined on 7/12/2014We had a reservation for 7pm. When we arrived, we were initially completely ignored. When our presence was finally acknowledged after about 5 minutes, and the reservation confirmed in their system, we were made to wait another 15 minutes before we were seated, with no specific seating area allocated for the wait. We were seated in a busy walkway, with no view. The service was very poor indeed. It was difficult to attract our server's attention, and we had to resort to asking another server to accommodate our needs. The food was also quite disappointing. We have dined here previous holidays, and had enjoyed the experience, but this time it felt if we were in a dining hall where everyone had to fend for themselves. We're no hurry to return.
- UninspiredOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/7/2014The veggie tempura was cooked perfectly but it is what it is, not an appetizer that wows you (could be jazzed with better dipping sauces). The ginger steamed makai was over powered by the miso broth and disappointing; had been our server's top recommendation. The shrimp & scallop skewers were fine but nothing to rush back for. Bottom line: other restaurants have better food with an ocean view (instead of the hotel pool). Service was friendly and attentive. Was our first time there and with 2 months remaining in paradise, we'll not be returning to Ko.
- Delicious!yummyVIPDined on 7/5/2014This was a lovely dinner;great food, fresh seafood, delicious flavors, perfect service, pretty view, romantic setting. We had oishii sushi, I had the fresh catch in ginger sauce, my husband had lobster tempura, and it was all outstanding. This was our best meal on Maui, by far. Go to Ko!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian and Hawaiian cuisineShakaVIPDined on 7/4/2014Ko offers a variety of Asian (Chinese, Filippino, Japanese, Korean, to name a few) and Hawaiian cuisine-all done very well. Ingredients are high quality and fresh. Preparation is authentic with Hawaiian influences. The food is not Pan Asian like Spago's, Mala, Gannon's, but more of an upscale version of Asian cooking, Hawaiian style. Service is attentive, friendly and pleasant. We are a family of four (11 and 14 year old children) and Ko is one of our favorite restaurants on Maui.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceAwesomeDined on 6/29/2014We went their for my daughters 18th birthday. They made her feel special! The food and service was beyond excellent!! I would highly recommend the Ko resturant! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014EXCELLENT food, service and environemt. Leanne, Lisa and Food Manager were EXCELLENT and a valuable asset to your business. Your bone-in-Rib-Eye Steak was "OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD" !! The very BEST on Maui! Resident rates were EXCELLENT: Buy one-get-one free offer is truly appreciated by the residents of Maui. THANK YOU and Warm aloha.....Carol and Jim Continued success in all your future gastro-endeavors !Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Ko restaurant was outstand. We had a beautiful dinner for our anniversary and we had a great kamaaina discount. Beautiful scenery, delicious food, wonderful service. Overall was incredible. My boyfriend and i enjoyed ourselves and we definitely will come back. Will definitely recommend this restaurant to my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place , great food!AlohaAnnieVIPDined on 5/30/2014We love it here, really great waiter, inventive delicious food.can be a little hot before the sun goes down, but beautiful ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place for Kama'ainasmauiknutsonDined on 5/25/2014Went for restaurant week, food was very original and tasty. Portions were full size, not the sample size you might think for restaurant week. Everything was ono-licious. Water was filled constantly. Coffee refill could have been better. would definitely return. Lots of Kama'aina BOGO specials!Special Features:
- The following 305 reviews are from the Ko at The Fairmont Kea Lani reviews archive.
- Fabulous Food ChoicesDiningDivaDined on 5/23/2014This is by far one of my very favorite places to eat on Maui! Great variety, wonderful wines, super service ... amazing surroundings!Special Features:
- Our Favorite Restaurant on Maui!PennyDined on 5/18/2014We love everything about KO! The staff, the food, the location and the Kama'aina specials.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Awesome for food allergies. 4 course dinner was fabulous. Great service!Special Features:
- Beautiful DinnerLucyUDined on 5/14/2014Everything from the drinks to dessert was perfect. Also, our waiter was so sweet and really got to know us. As with all Fairmont restaurants (which is why I choose them over other luxury hotels), they offer great veggie options for vegetarians and dietary restricted meals. They have an entire "Special Dietary" menu! Although this hotel restaurant does not sit right on the ocean with the views the outside dinning area is beautiful, serene and romantic. Also, the live music was great! Highly recommend checking out Ko even if you aren't staying here and are in the Wailea area.Special Features:
- Great Service!skugirlDined on 5/10/2014We had a friendly waitress and all the staff members that served our table, including the bus boy had great senses of humor. The service was quicker than the last time we visited Ko and I was pleasantly surprised being that it was a busy night. The food was excellent and my favorite dish was their unique sear it yourself ahi appetizer! I've never seen anything like it. A truly unique and memorable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerFrostyDined on 5/7/2014Very Good, the Ribeye was over seasoned and a little tuff. Lobster was GreatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-day dinnerandydogDined on 5/6/2014We took our distinguished psychologist friend out to Ko for his 78th birthday. We were late for our reservation, but the staff just smiled and seated us with members of our party that had already arrived and were waiting. When the Ko staff found out it was a b-day celebration, they gave the birthday boy a beautiful lei and made him a custom dessert with a Happy Birthday message written in chocolate sauce. The food, service, and ambiance were all amazing and the staff was very kind and friendly to us. They immediately fulfilled special requests with smiles and made us feel like we were the focus of their attention. Not overdone, but nothing went lacking the entire evening. What a wonderful place!Special Features:
- One of the best in MauiMaui42Dined on 5/5/2014Amazing food and great service. That's all we want.Special Features:
- Decent food, good waiter, bad hostIndydinerDined on 5/2/2014Host was rude and challenged us on our desire for a different table. Service was good and food was decent, but not worth the price. Birds were also annoying.
- Old Hawaiian foodhumuhi5oDined on 4/29/2014The food was good old Hawaiian food. We never did get our bread, but we didn't care because the appetizers arrived. I ate here during the last Restaurant week, and I recall the food was better then...?Special Features:
- Celebrate!MauiLindaDined on 4/29/2014We celebrated our anniversary with a stroll through the Fairmont Kea Lani, followed by lunch at Ko. The service, food and ambiance exceeded our expectations. Jim and Linda Briske, Kula, MauiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014Everything was great... except the food. I was expecting a lot more from a meal with a $40+ per plate price tag. It was the only disappointing meal we had during our entire week on the island.
- Go to ko'sHandEDined on 4/21/2014This is a "Must" on Maui. The food is always great and the ambiance is wonderful. The staff is friendly and knowledgableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ko gave us a great evening.ClawDined on 4/19/2014Service was impeccable, food excellent. We watched the most beautiful sunset as we dined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Dinner!CLM41Dined on 4/18/2014While visiting the Fairmont we dined at Ko. Our server was very kind. We enjoyed the healthy dining options. The sushi roll was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014An interesting blend of Hawaiian, Asian and Portuguese cuisines, it is fusion cuisine at its best, offering some very tasty appetizers, delicious entrees and heavenly desserts. There is a very good selection of wines, and both the food and wine prices are reasonable. The service was friendly, knowledgeable in both the wines and the food, and attentive. We never felt rushed or pushed in any way. The atmosphere is quite casual, although you could certainly make it a special evening should you wish, but ask for a pool side seat. We enjoyed our dining experience at Ko and it certainly made our last night in Maui a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EnjoyablecatiritaVIPDined on 4/13/2014The Lau Lau fish special that we ordered was very nicely executed and very tasty. The Lobster Tempura is a delicatey done and never disappoints. Elegant & casual atmosphere with cheerful and pleasant staff.Special Features:
- One of our two faves in MauiCC1013Dined on 4/12/2014We absolutely loved this restaurant. It was laid out in a way that each table felt fairly private. It overlooked the pool, which was quiet at night. The service was great, and the food was unique. The only reason for the 4 star rating overall is that on the urban spoon website, the price per entree is listed as $15-25, however it is much higher. This was not a problem for us, but I just think people need to know. Our total bill for two people was $140 before tip, and we did not have any drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.