5300 E. Mockingbird Ln.
Dallas, TX 75206Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.knifedallas.com/
- Phone: 2144439339x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast daily 6:30 am - 11 am
Lunch daily 11 am - 2:30 pm
Dinner daily 5 pm-11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Tesar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Select from Knife's seasonal menus or from a variety of private dining menu options for most any occasion, whether a special dinner gathering, bridal shower brunch, cocktail party or corporate event.
- Private Party Facilities: Knife's south wing offers semi-private dining for up to 45 seated guests.
The terrace with flagstone paving, contemporary style and garden views set the stage for up to 60 guests.
Knife's sleek main dining room is ideal for larger parties of 85 seated guests up to 150 for a reception.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Krause 2145602865x
- Special Events: Visit our website to see all upcoming events.
A word from Knife
Knife's extensive menu celebrates the diverse flavors and substantial tradition of American regional cuisine. The menu evolves with the seasons to feature the freshest seafood, poultry and local produce. Knife sources its ingredients from regional purveyors across the country to heighten the authenticity of the menu. Diners experience the soul of American cooking with rustic flavors, approachable dishes and the intimacy of sharing familiar American food together with family and friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Knife reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (89)special occasion (71)hot spot (51)vibrant bar scene (40)romantic (39)notable wine list (38)good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (18)late-night find (13)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Fries!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/26/2014I was here before when it was Central 124 or something like that. I think the place is OK but maybe a bit over priced. However two things were outstanding. The service from every crew member was outstanding, so just for that reason it was a great experience. Besides that the fries were the best I have had in the US. I may go back when going to the Angelika. Good job guys!
- KnifeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2014It was delicious. We had reservations at 8:45 and showed up at 8:05. We were directed to the bar. At 8:40, we went back to the hostess and she said "ok, do you have a reservation?" Not good. Outside of that - food and service were amazing. Tongue was perfect, never had before. Filet, sides and wine were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique MenuHemiLaineDined on 10/25/2014We ordered a dry-aged ribeye for two ($90). It was definitely delicious. We also tried the carrots, macaroni and cheese and avocado fries. The macaroni and fries were awesome. I am a little disturbed by the portion size of the carrots ($8). It was not a sharable plate, and the carrots were miniature. I wouldn't order those again. All the extras (crudites, bread and small dessert plate) were an added bonus. The restaurant is very nicely decorated but also quite loud. I could not hear our friends on the other side of the table. Service was excellent. We had to rush our server because we had somewhere to be, and she was very professional. We would return.Special Features:
- Yummy!LovedHurleysVIPDined on 10/21/2014The bacon slab was very tasty, the 60 day dry aged Niman ranch bone-in ribeye was fantastic (much better then the 10oz filet), mac-n-cheese was excellent and service was wonderful. Sommelier's help with the wine list was wonderful - she suggested 2 wines that we loved and didn't come close to costing a fortune. Look forward to a return date to try more of the menu!Special Features:
- Great Food and Servicetaftie10Dined on 10/19/2014I went to Knife with a few friends and I was very happy with the food and service. You could still tell the staff was new, but overall they were very good. My only complaint is that it was somewhat expensive compared to the quality of the meal. For example, one of my friends ordered her steak medium rare and her steak came out medium. My other friend ordered her steak medium and it came out rare. This shouldn't happen at a restaurant of this quality. On a side note, the Bacon tasting plate is awesome.Special Features:
- 5 star food ... 1 star serviceAldenTheDallasFoodieVIPDined on 10/18/2014The siracha pork belly was perfect, the bacon tasting was great. The oxtail ravioli is an absolute must, from the first bite it exploded into my top 10 dishes in Dallas! Unfortuantely as great as the food was my evening was hampered by the poor quality of service, if you want to make excuses about it you can attribute it to the fact we ate outside on the patio, and our waitress had only been employed for less than a week, and she admittedly was rushed through the hiring process without proper training. That being said I can understand her lack of menu knowledge, but 30min before my first cocktail hits the table, 2nd course of food on the table and I have to physically get up to go find her to get a glass of wine.. NO excuse for that.Special Features:
- KNIFE Cuts Like A ... SWAGCharliesAngelsDined on 10/15/2014This place is so vibrant, so very cool. We cannot remember when a server was so adroit at walking us through a menu. The detail, care and concern was refreshing! The steaks were like buttah! The bacon sampler we could eat as an entree, if we ordered several ... Fun to taste the distinctiveness of each bacon and savory, indeed. Our server (name is Andreas, I think) was probably the best waiter we've had in a decade. He was so thoughtful, present when needed absent when not needed and we could tell he loves what he is doing. Go to KNIFE and you will feel how SHARP this restaurant is and enjoy a fantastic dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome staffallenlovesfoodDined on 10/9/2014Staff was impeccable, perfect night my date felt like we were the only table in the restaurant. The dry aged beef had a unique flabor profileSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurant close to homeMaryAnneWDined on 10/7/2014We went here for dinner on a Tuesday night and loved it! I was surprised that the only option for reservations for two were 6:45 and 8pm on the day of. We chose 6:45. Most tables were full with business people, groups of friends, or couples. We had the tuna tartare for an appetizer. They accidentally brought the beef tartare but we hadn't even stuck a fork in (or noticed) when they apologized profusely add brought is the tuna tartare. Both were great! I had the French onion soup for my entree--very cheesy! My husband got the pimento cheese burger and loved it. Overall it was a great experience. The food as great and the service awesome. Oh also, they brought a few little delicious treats from the chef before the appetizer and after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good & would dine again at KnifedavbarneVIPDined on 10/6/2014My wife and I had our anniversary dinner at Knife after eating at Spoon a few months back. Our service was fantastic and the food overall was a treat. We will go back.
- Great ExperienceFreshfoodloverVIPDined on 10/5/2014Fantastic take on the traditional steakhouse! We enjoyed the bacon tasting as an appetizer along with the heirloom tomato salad. Both were great followed by our steaks which were melt in your mouth delicious! I requested a half order of the penne pasta served as my side and the fresh grated truffle was just amazing. Desserts were the chocolate and banana - both emphasizing varied flavors and textures. The emphasis for the entire evening was on great food rather than great quantities so don't expect the tired old concept of mammoth portions signifying a quality meal. We were still stuffed at the end but it wasn't obscene. If the weather is nice go for the outdoor cabana seating. It was intimate with a great view of the roaring fireplace!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpresseddallasbirthdaydinnerDined on 10/3/2014We went to Knife Friday night for my birthday and were very disappointed. The hostesses were unfriendly, the waitress didn't know the menu, the bacon sampler was unremarkable, the bread on the bacon sloppy joes was stale, the avocado fries are very unappealing and the dessert was tiny and bizarre.
- Great!BigDfoodieDined on 10/3/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our experience! The food and service were top notch. Definitely a place to add to your list of places to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RWBGVIPDined on 9/28/2014We thought it was a good dining experience, not great though. Wobbly tables need to be fixed.
- Excellent dining-MMJTMDined on 9/26/2014Creative, delicious foods. Very enjoyable in ever aspectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014The steak I ordered was absolutely amazing ... one of the best I've ever had. I also recommend the avocado fries. A delicious and surprising dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 stars isn't enough!Arkansastraveler124Dined on 9/20/2014Absolutely loved this place from the moment I walked in. Have recommended this to several friends already, and will continue ad well! Great staff, service, and hands down great experience! I will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationBHiggsDined on 9/13/2014Celebrated my birthday here with my girlfriends when we stayed in the adjoining hotel. Great food and kind, attentive and knowledgeable wait staff. Lovely experience, would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food took NoiseyLuv2EatDined on 9/12/2014Very good food, with confusing menu categories, too much noise for the price point. Over a very nice overpriced dinner with wine. Enjoyed but probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerTable4twoDined on 9/11/2014We enjoyed a nice dinner with an outstanding steak for 2. If we lived closer, we would frequent Knife on a regular basis. Wish it was on a high floor with an outdoor view of Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for birthday dinnerKathleenDined on 9/10/2014Brought my guy here for his birthday dinner. Staff was awesome. Wished him happy birthday multiple times and educated him on the menu/making recommendations. He liked it a lot. Thanks again Knife!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Special NightlovemygardenDined on 9/7/2014The steak was fabulous, I had ordered a sauce to go with it, but the steak was so good, I didn't end up using the sauce, I didn't want to cover up the delicious taste of the steak. The waitstaff was terrific, very attentive and friendly. Loved the roasted veggies and mac and cheese. It was a special night with my girlfriends and couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014We loved the food only problem is they don't have champagne glasses and did not leave the bottle with a ice bucket on the table so was unable to see if we had the whole bottle.Special Features:
- Knife is very well executedglobaleaterDined on 9/6/2014Chef Tesar is one of Dallas' gems and full of talent and courage. He has put together a wonderful menu with terrific selection and totally delicious steaks. But there is much more than steak here and totally professional service.Special Features:
- Came for apps, stayed for beefNeilAdamMcGinnisVIPDined on 8/31/2014Bacon, Uni, Bone marrow- 1/5 (only 1 bone, bone marrow rendered so it's just grease mixed w/ bacon bits with hot, fishy uni on top) Open-face beef cheek sandwich- 5/5 (incredible meat but sauce was a bit too heavy) Avocado Fries- 4/5 (avocado seems to be unseasoned which baffles me) Tuna Tartar- 5/5 (very good seasoning, oddly served with a big piece of bread that tasted like naan but thinner) Cocktails- 3/5 (uninspired) The appetizers appear to be grossly overpriced for the quantity/quality. The bone marrow dish was the most expensive one i have ever bought and the worst one i have ever had, and i honestly had extremely high hopes. It didn't even come with a piece of bread, i guess you eat the greasy bacon directly with a spoon...??Special Features:
- Perfect for our anniversarySethHDined on 8/29/2014The steaks are delicious. The pork belly and oysters we amazing. Delightful experience that everyone should try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible foodLAinDallasDined on 8/29/2014Incredible food, diverse meatcentric menu with perhaps the best filet and ribeye we have had in Dallas. The service is overly intrusive at times but professional. I never want nor need 3 separate waitstaff to ask me about my food at each course. I spent more time assuring them than I did chewing. With that said, what I was consuming was nothing short of superlative.Special Features:
- Good meeting placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/27/2014Always a great place for quiet business meetings. Great staff who are attentive, but not intrusive. Reasonably priced and excellent menu.Special Features:
- awful serviceJML12345123451234512345Dined on 8/26/2014Good food awful service. We were there for a birthday. We got the very early and were the first ones in the restaurant. The service was slow, and unprofessional. We were never told the specials, nor about the menu. We had to flag the waiter down every time we needed something. The dishes were slow to be cleared all night, and some never left the table. Glasses from our pre-dinner cocktails were still sitting empty on the table when we paid the check. We had to flag down the manager to clear the table long after we had finished dinner. For the money that they charge, better service should be a given. No excuse.
- Great concept, fair executionhypemndVIPDined on 8/24/2014They definitely have a lot of interesting cuts on the menu, which is refreshing to see. The only thing I would add is some additional side items. Nearly everyone at our table was disappointed that the only potato item was french fries. The service needs a bit of work. Coordination in the kitchen was off--we saw cold items sit in the window for 15+ minutes while hot items were being prepared. It took an hour between appetizers and entrees, wine and cocktail delivery was slow and the servers lacked polish overall. The kitchen was also out of several items on the menu.
- Meat is the star!SpritpeaDined on 8/24/2014If you love meat, this is the place to eat! Perfectly seasoned well cooked steaks and side dishes. This restaurant does not disappoint. The bacon sampler is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be named "Meat"GoodtogoDined on 8/23/2014Knife in the old Palomar Hotel, is all about the meat. Lots of exotic and rethought meat choices . Aged beef is their thing and they do it well. The Crispy Pork head is excellent (but a lot of food- share with the table). We were stuffed after the pork but had to trudge on !The steaks ( Tri Tip and Flatiron ) were prepared well and the salads ( choose the peas shoot salad with pea sorbet - my favorite). I think this place will make it because Dallas is a town that loves its steaks. The booths are very nice , but a little warm the night we were there. Great "Show Kitchen" atmosphere Next time, I'm doing the Bison aged bone in Rib eye !Special Features:
- FoodiesSatisfDined on 8/21/2014Food was sumptuous! Would highly recommend...waitstaff need to learn to be engaging!Special Features:
- Turning TablesCeciVIPDined on 8/20/2014We are John Tesar fans & anxiously awaited the opening of Knife. We decided it would be perfect to celebrate our son's 30th bday. All was going great up until the very end--we had paid our bill & were finishing our drinks. The server offered us some champagne. We thought it was a nice gesture in celebration of our son's bday or a thank you for a nearly $500 bill. Nope, it was all a ploy & we were told our table was needed to merge with another due to additional attendance of diners on that reservation. Champagne at the bar. Really? Just rude. It ruined what should have been a special & memorable occasion. We love JT--we wore out our welcome when he was at Spoon. But, this displayed such a disregard of customer service we won't be back.
- Knife is SharpTonyGDined on 8/20/2014I was skeptical about going to Knife but we were celebrating a friend's birthday and that is where she wanted to go. Generally, I don't like”fancy” food – tongue, spicy blood sausage, etc. are not my foods. Give me a prime steak, a baked potato and a glass of red wine and I am happy. We all opted to choose from the New School selection of meats. Each of us chose a different cut – coulotte, tri tip and flat iron – all of which are known as chewy, difficult to cook. They all were very tender and flavorful. The sides – mac & cheese, onions rings and creamed spinach – were all very good. Our waitperson was friendly and helpful. My final thought was if these lesser cuts are so good and tasty, I can't wait to taste the main cuts.Special Features:
- OutstandingG8viewVIPDined on 8/18/2014This restaurant is outstanding - and the food was simply amazing - artistic, delicious and simply fabulous - our server made our experience superb - we were taking our daughter back to school (SMU) and will be eating here every time we visit Dallas.Special Features:
- Good Steak!BLTgirlDined on 8/14/2014Damn good steak! Not much else. Very loud. Service just ok.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a Kindfoodie4lifeDined on 8/12/2014This restaurant is one of a kind. They have some unique offerings. The bacon tasting is a must try. The service was very personal and I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HBrooksVIPDined on 8/12/2014Service was lacking. Brought wrong food. Very nice but not as good as he should have been for the price of our dinner. Very expensive!Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnersprchasDined on 8/8/2014I saw a review of the Ozersky burger in the observer and needed a restaurant for my wife and I to celebrate our 18th anniversary. Knife was the right call. From the moment of being greeted, the staff was very attentive. The food was great, service was great, and they gave us a great desert as a gift to us for our anniversary. I want to thank the staff for a great evening. I look forward to returning to try more of the menu.Special Features: