Knife & Tine
1417 Fullerton Ave
Chicago, IL 60614Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Knife & Tine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.knifeandtine.com/
- Phone: 7736978311x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am-2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm -12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nate Park
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Knife & Tine is the perfect venue for any occasion! The restaurant offers small and large group seating. The Atrium, with exposed stone, large windows and sky lights, can seat up to 30 guests, and can accommodate up to 50 guests making it a perfect location for your next cocktail party, corporate meeting, or any celebration.
The Alcove, a private dining room with dark wood finishes and an elegant chandelier, offers a private viewing window of the kitchen, and seats up to eight guests comfortably.
- Private Party Contact: Carissa Shaffer 773-697-8311x
A word from Knife & Tine
Knife & Tine, located in Lincoln Park, serves a menu of New American dishes. The knowledgeable staff, finely curated wine program, and comfortable setting allows guests a fun and approachable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Knife & Tine reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (51)neighborhood gem (48)romantic (25)special occasion (25)good for groups (20)hot spot (17)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Sunday BrunchivnviDined on 9/14/2014Top spot for brunch! You can be seated without your entire party AND kids are actually welcomed!!! Will def be back!Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back!DoubleTripPressDined on 8/21/2014Two friends and I went to Knife and Tine and had an amazing experience. Everything was truly perfect and delicious. Such a stunning space to dine in and I would do the entire meal from cocktails and apps through the main course to dessert all over again no questions asked. The staff was not only attentive and knowledgeable about the menu and drinks, but charming and personable too. I will be going back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Very nice addition to the neighborhood. There were six of us dining and everyone wants to come back! Food and wine - great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great space, small portionsAllyBDined on 8/17/2014I came here from brunch with a friend I hadn't seen in a long time. The food was really excellent, but the portions were definitely on the smaller side. The drinks were delicious and strong (although our server did come back and ask if I wanted vodka in my drink when the one I ordered clearly stated on the menu it was made with whiskey). The restaurant space itself is really cool and is great for a sunny afternoon when it's too hot to be outside but you still want to "enjoy the nice weather" or in our case when it's not so nice out but you still want to pretend it is. The food was definitely good enough that I'd be interested to come back and see what they've got for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was coldpittfanDined on 8/16/2014At the end of the day, Knife and Tine was all right. I ate everything on my plate and was very impressed with the flavor and the plating of my dish, The Boneless Chicken Thigh. However, all of my food was cold and had clearly been sitting out for 5-10 minutes, the green beans and potatoes were completely room temperature. I'm not someone to complain at a restaurant but was definitely disappointed given how great the reviews have been for this place.
- Trying too hardJamboDined on 8/15/2014I have been very excited to try this restaurant in the great space formerly occupied by Sprout. I was hoping for a casual neighborhood dining spot with that kind of food you want to eat often. It was casual, and the space is great - but the menu just tries to hard to be complex and trendy without any good reason. The components are complex and interesting, but it is just not the kind of place we are going to go back to again and again. My husband and I never look at each other on a Friday night and say, "lets go have some overly complex food". Unfortunately, it will probably be the downfall of what could be a great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting vegetarian optionsnomadVIPDined on 8/14/2014My corn and poblano entree was delicious and the red pepper soup packed a lot more heat than I would have expected. The take on a caprese was good, not mind blowing. The potatoes that came with the short rib were lacking-oily and not flavorful. We got the apple pie for dessert. I would have preferred it warmer and with a regular crust on top instead of a crumble, but the apples were tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheWolfsVIPDined on 8/12/2014This is my second time dining here and I enjoyed my meal. Last time I had the pulled pork and grits and it was good but too much pork and not enough grits and the fish special (their version of fish and chips) was tasty. The pies are a must!Special Features:
- No ThemeDoetakVIPDined on 8/2/2014I chose this restaurant because it's located in my neighborhood and got good reviews. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed. The restaurant clearly hasn't committed to a theme. The menu is all over the map and the dishes we had were not impressive (especially the dessert.) I really was hoping this place would be a new local favorite, but it needs to work on its execution.
- Super loudOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014The restaurant was really loud because of the high ceilings. We went on a Saturday night and we could not hear each other talk withe restaurant half full. The wine and beer list was okay and the menu had interesting options. The food that we received ended up not tasting that great and all the food was mixed together, which I really did not like.
- Unassuming from the outside...Southport1Dined on 7/27/2014...but delightful inside. The atrium room in the front of the house is really quite pretty and you just simply wouldn't expect that from looking at the outside of the restaurant. From start to finish the service was extremely prompt and friendly. The food is good to great, depending on what you get. I split an order of the Peppadew Peppers (A+++) w/ my girlfriend, and had the Horseshoe (B+) as my entree. Will absolutely be coming back, but just not as much as I would like to because dining there too frequently would get pricey. All in all, one of my 3 favorite dinner spots (along w/ Cafe Babareeba & Rose Angelis) in the Lincoln Park Area that I've visited thus far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new findPickyEaterDined on 7/27/2014The good: The entrees were outstanding. The escolar is one of the best fish dishes I've had, and I live in San Francisco. My companion's vegetarian entrée was also well rounded and totally delicious. The server did a great job frankly recommending the best options, a service that's rare and that we appreciated. Everyone was warm and inviting. The wine list is well-edited and fairly adventurous. The décor is on-trend but warm. The bar looked like a great place for happy hour or pre-dinner drinks. The so-so: Desserts were lacking. We ordered the most-recommended "pie," and it was fine but nothing great. The appetizer (the popular gnudi) were okay but could've used more punch. Overall, a big thumbs up for this fun new restaurant.Special Features:
- Great date night restaurantGTPeoriaDined on 7/25/2014We tried this out for my gf's birthday and it was great. The food was delicious, and the service was excellent. Our server, the hosts, and food runners were all very cheerful and helpful. It's a tad raucous inside when full, but that's my only negative observation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very expensive sandwichwolfcookerVIPDined on 7/25/2014People who work there are extremely friendly and attentive. The lunch menu is very limited and expensive. We were celebrating a birthday and our waitress offered their pie dessert ad if it were going to be comped. The pie was really not good with an under cooked crust and lumpy filling. We were charged $11 for it.
- Great Atmosphere, Service & FoodJacksMomVIPDined on 7/24/2014This new restaurant reminds us of our favorite place, the Bristol. Beautiful space, nicely appointed with friendly staff and a diverse menu of small and large plates. The food was great, portions were huge. Looking forward to trying it for brunch soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best places in ChicagoFantasticDined on 7/23/2014Stop debating on which restaurant to go to. If you haven't been, go now. K&T has the food, service and atmosphere you want. Approachable menu that is executed to perfection and detail. The atmosphere is casual but far from lazy. And the service is as good as it gets. They're on top of it with personality but not overbearing.Special Features:
- Brunch reviewCupcakescoffeandchampsDined on 7/20/2014Went here this last weekend for brunch- the service was excellent and the place was overall not too crowded like those major Chicago brunch spots but the food was definitely just as good! If any downside, the brunch menu was a little limited, but it would still have something for everyone. Also, the coffee was not good. But other than that, this place was great and I would for sure go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Find!DpaConstructionDined on 7/19/2014Found out that my local bartender (Mike) moved on to bigger and better things and was now a part of Knife & Tine and just so happened to have my sister and brother in law in town for a visit. Couldn't have been more pleased with the menu and all of our selections. We will make it a point to get back soon to try more of the menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot, give it a few more weeksducksDined on 7/18/2014They've only been open for a few weeks, so I'm going to cut them some slack. There are some noticeable growing pains, but nothing that I see going unresolved in the next few months. I did notice that my water glass was never more than half-empty, which is always a good sign. Our server was a bit chatty and not entirely knowledgeable of the menu, but that'll come with time. I would've liked her to have been more attentive given that the restaurant wasn't entirely full. Food was well prepared, although the duck leg was somewhat over-salted and pork & grits was a little bland. I'll be back to try a few other things that looked interesting, but they're going to have to win me over if they want me back after that. Prices were a bit high...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/12/2014I hope this place does well! We loved it and think it's a great addition to the area. We had a group of 4 so we shared the pepper poppers and pot stickers to start and then we each ordered a separate entree to try more dishes (the horseshoe, pork and grits, pork chop and the duck). Everything was outstanding! Nicole was our server and she was awesome -she gave us time when we needed it, but was spot on with suggestions and great service. They are still working on their cocktail menu, but have a good wine/beer list. The guys seemed to love the cocktail of the evening: bourbon smash. For dessert: we had pecan pie, which was delicious!Special Features:
- Fabulous!jlo1VIPDined on 7/12/2014The food is comfort food with an upscale twist. Loved the appetizers -- deviled eggs and Ranch pot stickers may not sound that interesting, but they were! Great mixes of flavors. I loved the tiny fresh vegetables that accompanied the pot stickers. For an entree, we had the picnic duck and the pork & grits -- both outstanding. The duck was a preparation I've never seen before and it was delicious. Although they've only been open for a month, the place filled up well on a weeknight. Atmosphere was comfortable, light, and airy. Service was good, too. Very nice, friendly staff. Go!Special Features:
- Maybe LaterChicagoShortyDined on 7/11/2014I know that the restaurant is new and working out the kinks, but...the bread was hard and stale, like it had been sliced and left out. We requested more bread and the second bread was the same. The graham butter it came with, gross is the only word that comes to mind. And that is how the meal started. The comments from our table...the starters were good, the duck was good, the ramen was just nasty - who needs that much black pepper in anything. There was no normal protein choice on the menu - no beef, hello, this IS Chicago - the menu seems confused...is it Asian or not? Nothing was excellent except the wines which were worth going back for. I hope they work out the kinks. The space is lovely and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Amazing foodChicagoChicaDined on 7/10/2014We had the peppers for the appetizer and the ramen and cauliflower risotto entrees. They were all outstanding. I highly recommend this restaurant even if it is not in your neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014This was the 5th time I've been here, this time to introduce new people, and we weren't disappointed. our guests thoroughly enjoyed the experience and we will all be back.Special Features:
- Knife and TineOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2014Our meal and the experience went very well. Service was outstanding for this newly opened restaurant. Salads were unique and very fresh. Main dishes were reasonably priced and well prepared as well. This restaurant is definitely on our do it again list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonder placeCharlieDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I have been to Knife and Tine twice. The food is excellent and the service matches the quality of the food. After eatting a course, you think that it going to be downhill for the rest of the meal because it is so good. Than the next course comes out and it's better than the previous one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ErnieVIPDined on 6/27/2014The restaurant has only been open for three weeks, and the menu needs to be tweaked. For instance, the pork and grits dish was long on pork and a complicated side salad, but very short on the grits portion. We hope it makes it, the neighborhood needs this type of dining.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome!TrierVIPDined on 6/27/2014So happy to have this outstanding restaurant in the neighborhood! The food was delicious complex and perfectly seasoned and cooked. I recommend both of the fish dishes. I also recommend the almond joy pie. We ate the whole thing!!Special Features:
- Great new 'Hotspot"OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2014Checked it out for an early weeknight dinner...loved it!!!! Everything was amazing..including the homemade butter!!! We also had the 'chocolate milk pie'...delicious!!! The server was great and Carissa the owner is delightful!!!!!!!! Can't wait to try lunch!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but totally unknownSmojoDined on 6/22/2014Went for brunch on a Sunday. Not very many people there surprisingly, but it did just recently open for brunch. A small select menu, but it's obviously because they want to serve only the best. I had Moes hash, I honestly don't know how the eggs were cooked, but I don't think I've ever tasted better and the sausage was incredible. The staff was nice and attentive, a beautiful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go now!morefoodpleaseDined on 6/20/2014Eclectic, chic spot that emphasizes novel taste combos. The deviled foie gras deviled eggs are a must, as are the sweet and savory dessert pies. Go with a group of food-sharers and order one of everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sophisticated palette & decorBillnDined on 6/19/2014Wow, a maple Crème Brule' not from Maple, but a mushroom! Service was warm and professional. Décor was refined without be stuffy. Great wine and knowledgeable servers for the wines. They were willing to let you taste for your approval. The meal was sophisticated but scrumptious, short menu but broad range of foods done with refined finishes. Servers were polite, informative and served the food with panache and genuine care. One could easily see the standards of this restaurant are high and it appears that they will remain so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic New RestaurantGonzo70VIPDined on 6/14/2014LOVED my dinner at Knife & Tine. Chef Nate Park (formerly of Baume & Brix and Michelin starred Moto) is immensely talented and has created a real gem. Fun menu with playful, modern twists on typical dishes such as a surf & turf featuring raw scallops and quickly seared beef carpaccio. Everything we ate in addition to being interesting was well executed and delicious; such amazing flavors and aromas. Service was friendly and efficient. Fine dining quality food in a relaxed, friendly environment, nice portion sizes, good beverages and extremely reasonable prices. Definitely a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal at Knife and Tine.ShelleyVIPDined on 6/13/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Knife and Tine. The decor is beautiful. I loved the lights behind the bar that changed color. It felt like looking at a starry sky. Service was enthusiastic and we liked everything we ate. The surf and turf appetizer was an amazing combination of flavors. We also really enjoyed the fruity pebble custard pie; it was total comfort food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new place!TaylorDined on 6/13/2014The food was delicious especially the pork belly po' boy and the beet/grapefruit salad. The dining room is charming and the service was fantastic. Our server Cory was AMAZING! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Knife & Tine reviews archive.