Knife & Fork Inn
Atlantic Ave & Pacific Ave
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Knife & Fork Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.knifeandforkinn.com/
- Phone: 6093441133
- Hours of Operation:
Hours: Friday Lunch from 11:30 am - 4:30 pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Bar opens at 4:00 pm daily Special Events: Open November 24th for Thanksgiving Dinner starting at 2:00 pm!
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Frank Dougherty
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Knife & Fork offers a unique dining experience in an Atlantic City landmark replete with historic charm. With five distinct dining areas, some with ocean views, seating 8 to 85 guests for sit down dinners (more for cocktail parties), the Knife & Fork is sure to have the perfect room for you! Several Private Dining and Cocktail Party Menus are available, but we would be happy to create a menu designed specifically for your event. The Knife & Fork also has a full bar with specialty cocktails and an award-winning wine list to complement your dining experience. With a private event at the Knife & Fork, you will receive an excellent meal and unparalleled service in an elegant yet unpretentious atmosphere. And you’ll have a lot of fun too!
- Private Party Contact: Maureen Shay 6093441133
A word from Knife & Fork Inn
Under the direction of new owner Frank Dougherty, the legendary Knife & Fork has just completed an extensive renovation aimed at restoring and enhancing this Atlantic City landmark. Featuring a brand new, state-of-the-art kitchen, expanded bar and lounge area, as well as ocean views from the main dining rooms, the Knife & Fork is once again the place to see and be seen in Atlantic City. The Knife & Fork's new menu, featuring the finest steaks and seafood prepared on a wood-fired grill, is complemented by an extensive wine list and 10,000 bottle wine "cellar." The Knife & Fork is now offering lunch every Friday from 11:30-4:30 pm. It's the perfect spot to celebrate the end of the work week or get a jump start on your weekend. The Dougherty family, owners of the other Atlantic City dining landmark, Dock's Oyster House, invite you to visit them at their newest locationContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Knife & Fork Inn - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Knife & Fork Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
319 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (235)fit for foodies (142)romantic (127)neighborhood gem (120)notable wine list (101)good for groups (72)vibrant bar scene (72)scenic view (38)hot spot (33)great for lunch (14)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- MISCHADined on 9/12/2014It was a wonderful dining experience , the resturant is lovely you feel you are back in the roaring twenties , the lobster Thermidor was delicious ,so was the crab cocktail. Harvest salad and the peach Melba for dessert was the perfect way to end a wonderful meal . Great service as well ! We will definetly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A restaurant not to missBohoslavek1Dined on 9/12/2014Service is outstanding , the food is not only good, but great. Special request regarding special requests are no problemSpecial Features:
- Troutner/ McCloskeySATISFIEDDined on 9/7/2014This was an excitent experience for us, and we will be back. My fiance' and I where there to celebrate an anniversary. Charles is retired and lives in Philly, I live here in New Jersey in Mays Landing. Charles is a history buff and really enjoyed the historic building. The food was so good we ordered extra to take home to enjoy the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Food was excellent. Menu was diverse and interesting. Delightful environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- turn of the century charmOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014If you are a fan of Boardwalk Empire as we are you will love the decor. Beautiful restoration, feels like you jumped back in time.There are several rooms & each one is beautifully decorated. The corn chowder crab soup & seafood risotto were delicious. My boyfriend loved his calamari & pork chops. Extensive menu, hard to choose.The portions were very large & well priced. Wait staff were very pleasant Surprisingly casual attire for a restaurant of it's kind . The only negative for us was that we were seated in the very beautiful enclosed terrace room with sea views but the noise level made it impossible to have a conversation. Very small room but with the exception of us they seated all large parties with tables too close.Special Features:
- Reimagined classicarleneDined on 9/3/2014The Knife and Fork has been in business since the 1920's. My mother went there for special occasions in the 1960s. The restaurant was excellent until the 1990s. In 2006, new owners refurbished the beautiful historic building and menu to their former elegance. This is no casino restaurant. The menu features diverse offerings from fresh seafood to meat. Our 1 1/2 pound king crab was twice the length of our plates and so full of meat that my mom and I could have split one order. Salads and appetizers were well-prepared and delicious. The onion rings were the best I've ever eaten. Although my husband parents and I were in mourning over the closure of Azure at the Revel, Knife and Fork surprised us as- fantastic reinvention of old favorite.Special Features:
- Past primeburbaniteVIPDined on 9/3/2014Very disappointing! Food was consistently poor. Bitter, stale, heaps and unappetizing. Go see the historic pictures but skip the food.
- frequentdinerDined on 8/31/2014'Energetic' is not a good option to have to select for 'loud'. The service slow, the steak overcooked, the crab cake lukewarm, the rolls had the consistency of bread which had been over microwaved - tough on the outside, dry inside....and we had to ask twice for it - and the crab artichoke dip was soupy, so dripped off the chips. Quality was what I would expect at a restaurant that charges half the price.
- Knife & Fork the BEST!InvestorMAN777Dined on 8/31/2014The Knife & Fork Inn was simply the BEST! I've had great steaks before but nothing like the 18ounce bone in Cowboy steak cooked to perfection the way I ordered.Our servers were professional,attentive & friendly.I would highly recommend to everyone a most memorable dining experience by going to the Knife & Fork Inn as soon as you can.Special Features:
- A wonderful trip through timeandrewVIPDined on 8/30/2014Knife and fork Inn has been an Atlantic city institution since the early 20th century. So Happy that it's past has been recreated gastronomically again by its new management. The Lobster Thermidor a classic presentation. Has been restored and refreshed as well as the accompanying goat cheese potatoes, mashed potatoes and carrots. Every entree from salmon to steak was a delight for my senses. Ending with a classic banana cream lie sealed the deal for me and my family. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & excellent service2FoodiesDined on 8/30/2014We loved everything that we ordered from appetizer to dessert. I especially appreciated the menu with seafood from sustainable waters. The scallops were sweet and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!Sugie01Dined on 8/29/2014We come a few times a couple times a year , for special occasions , this time we brought out dearest friends ...They were taken away by the appearance of the building , very old style European .... The food wonderful , the staff was very attentive and professional as one would expect ... Not your every day restaurant . Dinner for 4 with 2 bottles of inexpensive $39 wine ... A little under $500. So bring your wallet ... You won't regret itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls luncheonMimiDined on 8/29/2014We were girls out to lunch saying goodbye to one girl who is going back to her home in Florida. Our lunch was a great way to end the summer with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect4friendsDined on 8/27/2014We meet with friends every few months to treat ourselves to a dinner out. During our most recent trip to Atlantic City we chose to dine at Knife & Fork. Our expectations were high due to recommendations that we had read. We were not disappointed. In fact, the recommendations did not due the restaurant justice. We were seated promptly upon arrival. The service was efficient but not rushed. And the food was exceptional. We had researched and read the menu before arriving so the four of us had an idea what we wanted to order. We all chose the Dinner Special. The menu offerings are extremely reasonably priced especially due to the quality of the food. We are already planning our next dinner out and it will be to Knife and Fork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTamaraVIPDined on 8/26/2014My family has dined here several times this year for special occasions. The food quality is always high, with good presentation. We had a variety of meat and seafood, all of which had generous portions and arrived at the proper temperature. Will dine again.Special Features:
- delicious!jwjwVIPDined on 8/26/2014We ate at Knife and Fork last night, and we are still savoring the experience. One of us ordered the Knife and Fork Dinner - a prix fixe offering of corn and crab chowder, jersey tomato caprese salad, filet mignon and lobster thermador. Every bite was memorable. Another of us ordered the garlic soft-shell crabs -- another winner. The wine list was ample, and the prices were reasonable. The dessert (peach cobbler) was less impressive but okay. All in all, a great meal.Special Features:
- Best Steak In A.C.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014The Knife & Fork has been around since 1912 and it is still a super dining experience. The building is one of it is kind and the second floor dining room has a view of the ocean. I would stick with any of the steaks and order multiple side orders.Special Features:
- Knife and Fork is an AC ClassicFoodie55Dined on 8/25/2014No one should go to Atlantic City without dining at the wonderful Knife and Fork Restaurant. It is a classic, going back to the days of Enoch "Nucky" Johnson. It hasn't remained untouched, however. It has been lovingly restored, recapturing its prohibition-era roots. The food is also fabulous - they have a varied and interesting menu. The service, as well, is usually fantastic. Don't miss an evening in the Knife and Fork!Special Features:
- 8/24/2014bepappDined on 8/24/2014We visited this restaurant upon the recommendation of friends as well as the excellent reviews it received on trip advisor. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was fabulous. My husband had the special dinner recommended by the server which consisted of corn and crab chowder soup, mozzarella and tomatoe salad, filet mignon and lobster thermidor. I had the wedge salad and the corn crusted scallops. While the sauce on the scallops may be a bit spicey for some it was fine for me and the scallops were cooked perfectly. My husband's meal was equally delicious. While the meals are a bit pricey I thought it was well worth the money.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not 5 star this timeSueLevVIPDined on 8/23/2014While I absolutely love K & F, I couldn't rate it exceptional like I have in the past. I love their raisin/nut rolls that are offered from a bread tray. This time, there were none. I asked the waitress for one and she said there's none left in the kitchen. It was only 8:00. They couldn't have run out that fast. Later, when she handed us the dessert menu, there in her other hand were two raisin rolls on a plate. When I asked why she couldn't offer it earlier, she laughed and said "well now you can have it for dessert". So rude. My main course, cornmeal breaded scallops were unbearably salty. Parmesan dusted Brussels sprouts were tough and again, overly salted. For the prices they charge, food and service should be impeccable.Special Features:
- SurprisedJerseyBobDined on 8/23/2014Been coming to Atlantic City my whole life and had a group of 10. Wanted to have a nice dinner outside of casino for a change. Food was excellent. Recommend the Lobster Thermador. Service was excellent! Would recommend it to others. Historical building made the experience that much better. I was really surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to return!outoftownerDined on 8/23/2014It was my task this weekend to find a place for dinner. I couldn't have make a better choice than Knife and Fork. Everyone, from the hostess to the bartender to visiting diners were helpful and gracious. When we diners, in our seventies, say this is the best steak, rack of lamb and scallops we've ever had....that is a high compliment!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I appreciated being on the porch - the view is great. I was disappointed that I did not get Briege as our waitress as I requested but it may have been her day off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMetzVIPDined on 8/21/2014Had not been for a couple of years and returned on a Thursday night (6 of us). Dinner was pricey and worth very bit of it!Special Features:
- 1st CLASS PLACE!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Although this place has been there for many years it was my first time eating there. It's a very old building and has a historical look. The service was great, as well as the food. Definitely, a first class place.Special Features:
- fantastic for a romantic dinnerglb4679Dined on 8/18/2014My boyfriend and I recently visited to celebrate our anniversary. In a word; outstanding. our waitress was attentive and knowledgeable about the specials, menu, and wine list. She gave a great recommendation on a Westwood Chardonnay. The atmosphere was very intimate and romantic, a table near us was a little loud but they left shortly after we were seated so it was not an issue. My boyfriend ordered the rack of lamb and I got the 8 oz filet, they were both cooked to perfection and were very tasty. His lamb came with mashed potatoes which were very good as well. We also ordered a side of the lobster risotto; and that was both of our favorite part of the whole night. Huge chucks of lobster and all around very tasty. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentdonoDined on 8/18/2014Best Panko crusted soft shell crab I've had. Waitress teams were pleasant and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knew?AlexaDined on 8/18/2014Buried in Atlantic City is a gem of a restaurant! I went to the Knife and Fork for the first time when I was ten years old. I'm considerable older now and much more discerning (one hopes). Dinner last week was wonderful. The Knife and Fork steak sauce I wanted to take home. Unfortunately they don't sell it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularChowalesDined on 8/17/2014Been a resident of Atlantic City for more than thirty years and been wanting to patronize this establishment for as many years.I finally went restaurant week in this year.Have been back since and will be back for many years to come.Sorry it took so long to discover that you lived up to my expectations and then some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!FFanelliVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our first time here and it was for our anniversary~ from the moment we were greeted at the front door until we left we were treated golden! The staff, atmosphere and the food are simply amazing! I cannot wait to go back~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLikeToEatOutVIPDined on 8/16/2014Soft shell crabs were amazing. Love the 'Ladies Lounge' room with ocean views. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- UnforgettablejustjoanDined on 8/16/2014It was an unforgettable dining experience. Our server, Bridget, was absolutely wonderful. The food was delicious, atmosphere was romantic and wonderful. The first time we went, it was over 30 years ago. Each time we experience it, we have a wonderful time. Love it.Special Features:
- GreatmemeDined on 8/16/2014Was at the Knife and Fork twice in 2 weeks. Both experiences were great . The first waitress was very attentive, the second experience not so much. Food was excellent both times. Had both app's and main course. ample portions. Would positively return.Special Features:
- AwesomeMic52VIPDined on 8/15/2014Had dinner Saturday and every aspect from food to service to ambiance was great!! In fact, I had seen a wine I wanted on the website(Sea Smoke Pinot) that I was looking forward to, but then it was not on the wine list. I asked and they provided one from the private collection. I had the surf and turf and my girlfriend has the soft shell. Both prepared perfectly. Finished with the banana burrito. Sooo good. Don't recall our server's name, but she needs to be recognized. Friendly and informative.Special Features:
- ExcellentBeachluvDined on 8/15/2014The Knife and Fork was an amazing experience. Knowing that one of the group was a vegetarian the server immediately had a suggestion that the chef would prepare. My sister said it was one of the best steaks she ever had. The porter house pro chop also receives rave reviews. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- What a gem!LoveatingDined on 8/14/2014Atlantic City is not necessarily known for quality food, but this place does not disappoint. Love it that the locals are there, so I know it's gonna be good. Service was fantastic, short rib was delicious any the martini was just right. Just go. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The staff was friendly and welcoming and our server, Omar, was extremely helpful and knowledgeable of the menu, highly professional but at the same time having an easy going manner and being extremely pleasant. As we had booked early, we didn't have to wait at all for our food, but at the same time we didn't feel rushed by the staff to finish our appetizers and then have our main. The food itself was great, and both their Lobster Thermidor and bone-in steak were excellent! I would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion, as it is a bit pricy, but it is certainly worth the money if you want to go somewhere nice to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great food.JBDHDined on 8/13/2014It was overall a fantastic dining experience. Omar was our waiter and be did a wonderful job making us feel at home and explaining the menu, wine list and specials. Avoid the traditions chains or casinos and visit the Knife and Fork!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rjb46Dined on 8/13/2014Had a great dinner with excellent service on a Wednesday night . Not over crowded like the weekend .livly crew at the bar for happy hour with good bar tenders . Would like to see drinks included in the happy hour .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014I put it over Budakun, and that should say somethingSpecial Features: