Knife & Fork Inn
Atlantic Ave & Pacific Ave
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Knife & Fork Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.knifeandforkinn.com/
- Phone: 6093441133
- Hours of Operation:
Hours: Friday Lunch from 11:30 am - 4:30 pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Bar opens at 4:00 pm daily Special Events: Open November 24th for Thanksgiving Dinner starting at 2:00 pm!
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Frank Dougherty
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Knife & Fork offers a unique dining experience in an Atlantic City landmark replete with historic charm. With five distinct dining areas, some with ocean views, seating 8 to 85 guests for sit down dinners (more for cocktail parties), the Knife & Fork is sure to have the perfect room for you! Several Private Dining and Cocktail Party Menus are available, but we would be happy to create a menu designed specifically for your event. The Knife & Fork also has a full bar with specialty cocktails and an award-winning wine list to complement your dining experience. With a private event at the Knife & Fork, you will receive an excellent meal and unparalleled service in an elegant yet unpretentious atmosphere. And you’ll have a lot of fun too!
- Private Party Contact: Maureen Shay 6093441133
A word from Knife & Fork Inn
Under the direction of new owner Frank Dougherty, the legendary Knife & Fork has just completed an extensive renovation aimed at restoring and enhancing this Atlantic City landmark. Featuring a brand new, state-of-the-art kitchen, expanded bar and lounge area, as well as ocean views from the main dining rooms, the Knife & Fork is once again the place to see and be seen in Atlantic City. The Knife & Fork's new menu, featuring the finest steaks and seafood prepared on a wood-fired grill, is complemented by an extensive wine list and 10,000 bottle wine "cellar." The Knife & Fork is now offering lunch every Friday from 11:30-4:30 pm. It's the perfect spot to celebrate the end of the work week or get a jump start on your weekend. The Dougherty family, owners of the other Atlantic City dining landmark, Dock's Oyster House, invite you to visit them at their newest locationContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Knife & Fork Inn - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Knife & Fork Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
313 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (233)fit for foodies (144)romantic (133)neighborhood gem (109)notable wine list (97)good for groups (74)vibrant bar scene (71)scenic view (39)hot spot (31)great for lunch (15)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- delicious!jwjwVIPDined on 8/26/2014We ate at Knife and Fork last night, and we are still savoring the experience. One of us ordered the Knife and Fork Dinner - a prix fixe offering of corn and crab chowder, jersey tomato caprese salad, filet mignon and lobster thermador. Every bite was memorable. Another of us ordered the garlic soft-shell crabs -- another winner. The wine list was ample, and the prices were reasonable. The dessert (peach cobbler) was less impressive but okay. All in all, a great meal.Special Features:
- 8/24/2014OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014We visited this restaurant upon the recommendation of friends as well as the excellent reviews it received on trip advisor. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was fabulous. My husband had the special dinner recommended by the server which consisted of corn and crab chowder soup, mozzarella and tomatoe salad, filet mignon and lobster thermidor. I had the wedge salad and the corn crusted scallops. While the sauce on the scallops may be a bit spicey for some it was fine for me and the scallops were cooked perfectly. My husband's meal was equally delicious. While the meals are a bit pricey I thought it was well worth the money.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not 5 star this timeSueLevVIPDined on 8/23/2014While I absolutely love K & F, I couldn't rate it exceptional like I have in the past. I love their raisin/nut rolls that are offered from a bread tray. This time, there were none. I asked the waitress for one and she said there's none left in the kitchen. It was only 8:00. They couldn't have run out that fast. Later, when she handed us the dessert menu, there in her other hand were two raisin rolls on a plate. When I asked why she couldn't offer it earlier, she laughed and said "well now you can have it for dessert". So rude. My main course, cornmeal breaded scallops were unbearably salty. Parmesan dusted Brussels sprouts were tough and again, overly salted. For the prices they charge, food and service should be impeccable.Special Features:
- SurprisedJerseyBobDined on 8/23/2014Been coming to Atlantic City my whole life and had a group of 10. Wanted to have a nice dinner outside of casino for a change. Food was excellent. Recommend the Lobster Thermador. Service was excellent! Would recommend it to others. Historical building made the experience that much better. I was really surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to return!outoftownerDined on 8/23/2014It was my task this weekend to find a place for dinner. I couldn't have make a better choice than Knife and Fork. Everyone, from the hostess to the bartender to visiting diners were helpful and gracious. When we diners, in our seventies, say this is the best steak, rack of lamb and scallops we've ever had....that is a high compliment!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I appreciated being on the porch - the view is great. I was disappointed that I did not get Briege as our waitress as I requested but it may have been her day off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMetzVIPDined on 8/21/2014Had not been for a couple of years and returned on a Thursday night (6 of us). Dinner was pricey and worth very bit of it!Special Features:
- 1st CLASS PLACE!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Although this place has been there for many years it was my first time eating there. It's a very old building and has a historical look. The service was great, as well as the food. Definitely, a first class place.Special Features:
- fantastic for a romantic dinnerglb4679Dined on 8/18/2014My boyfriend and I recently visited to celebrate our anniversary. In a word; outstanding. our waitress was attentive and knowledgeable about the specials, menu, and wine list. She gave a great recommendation on a Westwood Chardonnay. The atmosphere was very intimate and romantic, a table near us was a little loud but they left shortly after we were seated so it was not an issue. My boyfriend ordered the rack of lamb and I got the 8 oz filet, they were both cooked to perfection and were very tasty. His lamb came with mashed potatoes which were very good as well. We also ordered a side of the lobster risotto; and that was both of our favorite part of the whole night. Huge chucks of lobster and all around very tasty. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentdonoDined on 8/18/2014Best Panko crusted soft shell crab I've had. Waitress teams were pleasant and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knew?AlexaDined on 8/18/2014Buried in Atlantic City is a gem of a restaurant! I went to the Knife and Fork for the first time when I was ten years old. I'm considerable older now and much more discerning (one hopes). Dinner last week was wonderful. The Knife and Fork steak sauce I wanted to take home. Unfortunately they don't sell it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularChowalesDined on 8/17/2014Been a resident of Atlantic City for more than thirty years and been wanting to patronize this establishment for as many years.I finally went restaurant week in this year.Have been back since and will be back for many years to come.Sorry it took so long to discover that you lived up to my expectations and then some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!FFanelliVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our first time here and it was for our anniversary~ from the moment we were greeted at the front door until we left we were treated golden! The staff, atmosphere and the food are simply amazing! I cannot wait to go back~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLikeToEatOutVIPDined on 8/16/2014Soft shell crabs were amazing. Love the 'Ladies Lounge' room with ocean views. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- UnforgettablejustjoanDined on 8/16/2014It was an unforgettable dining experience. Our server, Bridget, was absolutely wonderful. The food was delicious, atmosphere was romantic and wonderful. The first time we went, it was over 30 years ago. Each time we experience it, we have a wonderful time. Love it.Special Features:
- GreatmemeDined on 8/16/2014Was at the Knife and Fork twice in 2 weeks. Both experiences were great . The first waitress was very attentive, the second experience not so much. Food was excellent both times. Had both app's and main course. ample portions. Would positively return.Special Features:
- AwesomeMic52VIPDined on 8/15/2014Had dinner Saturday and every aspect from food to service to ambiance was great!! In fact, I had seen a wine I wanted on the website(Sea Smoke Pinot) that I was looking forward to, but then it was not on the wine list. I asked and they provided one from the private collection. I had the surf and turf and my girlfriend has the soft shell. Both prepared perfectly. Finished with the banana burrito. Sooo good. Don't recall our server's name, but she needs to be recognized. Friendly and informative.Special Features:
- ExcellentBeachluvDined on 8/15/2014The Knife and Fork was an amazing experience. Knowing that one of the group was a vegetarian the server immediately had a suggestion that the chef would prepare. My sister said it was one of the best steaks she ever had. The porter house pro chop also receives rave reviews. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- What a gem!LoveatingDined on 8/14/2014Atlantic City is not necessarily known for quality food, but this place does not disappoint. Love it that the locals are there, so I know it's gonna be good. Service was fantastic, short rib was delicious any the martini was just right. Just go. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The staff was friendly and welcoming and our server, Omar, was extremely helpful and knowledgeable of the menu, highly professional but at the same time having an easy going manner and being extremely pleasant. As we had booked early, we didn't have to wait at all for our food, but at the same time we didn't feel rushed by the staff to finish our appetizers and then have our main. The food itself was great, and both their Lobster Thermidor and bone-in steak were excellent! I would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion, as it is a bit pricy, but it is certainly worth the money if you want to go somewhere nice to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great food.JBDHDined on 8/13/2014It was overall a fantastic dining experience. Omar was our waiter and be did a wonderful job making us feel at home and explaining the menu, wine list and specials. Avoid the traditions chains or casinos and visit the Knife and Fork!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rjb46Dined on 8/13/2014Had a great dinner with excellent service on a Wednesday night . Not over crowded like the weekend .livly crew at the bar for happy hour with good bar tenders . Would like to see drinks included in the happy hour .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014I put it over Budakun, and that should say somethingSpecial Features:
- Outstanding mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/12/2014One of the best meals I've had in a very long time.Special Features:
- Excellent mealZzzzzzDined on 8/11/2014Brought my girlfriend for dinner for her birthday. The menu is not particularly innovative, but almost everything we ate was executed very well. Filet oscar and lobster Thermidor were great. The calamari was tender and tasty, and the French onion soup was dark and flavorful. The only dish that fell flat was the ceaser, which was wilted and bland. Wine list is nice and large and well priced. We didn't order dessert, but they brought us a cupcake with a candle anyway. It was a nice touch. Our server was on point, though she neglected to tell us the specials. Overall it was a really nice experience and I'd be happy to dine there again the next time I'm in AC and want to get out of a casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/10/2014This was our 2nd visit. This restaurant has stepped up it's game. The service was outstanding, glut free and grown local choices. The food was excellent and the menu choices varied and terrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014Everything about the L and F inn is special. Our server, I think her name was Heather, was one of the best I've ever had. They also have valet parking. And the food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five StarRecomendingDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant is very classy. The atmosphere was relaxing. Dress is casual or fancy. Our service was fantastic and our food could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Stars!AMP21Dined on 8/8/2014This restaurant was recommended by numerous posts here on OT, as well as other sites, so we knew it was worth trying. All expectations were exceeded! The bacon appetizer, crab & corn chowder, and multiple forms of crab, scallops, and lobster were shared around the table and everything was perfectly delicious! I would like to return to AC simply to eat here again!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014First time dining at this historic Atlantic City restaurant. The menu options were superb, our meal was fantastic, service above average. Would highly recommend the Knife & Fork to celebrate a special occasion or an opportunity to treat yourself to a special meal. Wife and I, along with friends visiting in the area, were pleasantly pleased. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Still the best in ACOut4dinnerVIPDined on 8/8/2014I celebrated my birthday at the Knife and Fork with friends. The food was exceptional, both in taste and presentation. Our server was not only professional, but very knowledgeable about this historic restaurant. We started with appetizers at the bar, which were also very good.Special Features:
- A real GEM in a wastelandGMrWunnerfulDined on 8/7/2014K&F has been the best it gets for our last two dinners. After spending time in Atlantic City, it is a GEM in what is otherwise a declining resort. Who knows the future for A/C, but the K&F continues to be a bright spot. The service was attentive and helpful in completing a comfortable food selection. The food was beyond ordinary with fresh tastes and appealing serving presentation. Highly recommended for a first class meal or special occasion. Oh, yeah, the bar does a great job, but wish they served Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey (my new favorite).Special Features:
- Nice anniversary dinnerCameronVIPDined on 8/7/2014We chose Knife & Fork because of it's reputation around town. We were staying at a casino but didn't want to eat there. Made reservations and were seated on time. The dining room is classic and romantic. Food was good but I feel like a bit overpriced but you'll have that. Service was spot on. Both girls were there at the right time (Thursday night team just can't remember their names). We will be back because we loved the menu selections. Want to try some other things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2014My family treated me to the Knife and Fork for my birthday, what a treat. The food was wonderful, our waiter was not only very friendly but very knowledgeable concerning the menu and wine list. It was fun and easy to see why it has been around since the early 1900's.Special Features:
- excellent diningpattie51Dined on 8/4/2014My husband and I had dinner here recently. The food was excellent although pricy.Service was superb.Atmosphere was low key as well as romantic. Interesting plaques and pictures thorough out restaurant. HIghly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedsachet10kDined on 8/4/2014We ordered the lobster tail it was a large beautiful 18Oz, but was very tough and very tasteless. and not cleaned well, alot of dark under side. I think it was a warm water tail, instead of cold water.Special Features:
- first bad mealshorejonVIPDined on 8/4/2014We've eaten there many times over the years, always good, sometime outstanding; great ambiance in the upstairs dining room. This time it was a loser. A quiet early summer evening ended in a 1+1/2 hour wait for our entrees, while near-by diners ate and left. The waiter first told us the delay was due to a large party coming in upstairs, then began assuring us it was coming; well so was darkness. My wife's "cowboy steak" was the worst tasting piece of meat we've ever had, really couldn't eat it. Was it aged or ancient? Was it really beef? This is a restaurant we usually choose for gift certificates around the holidays which made the experience that much more disappointing. I know we will go back eventually, but not too soon.Special Features:
- Great foodjackeaterDined on 8/4/2014Immensely enjoyed the Caesar's salad and the Ribeye Filet, which was prepared with sautéed mushrooms and broccoli robe. This was the tastiest steak I think I've ever had. The garnish was incredible. Ordered the steak medium and it was perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Loved this place!!love2eatDined on 8/2/2014Made reservations. Only waited about an extra 5 minutes. Had a drink at the bar while waiting. Bartender was awesome. While sitting at the bar, the owner saw us reviewing the menu on our phone and brought us a real menu to peruse! Food was great! Large portions. Husband loved the octopus salad. Brussels sprout were awesome! Loved this place. It had an old world charm. Will Definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the Cab FareI8ThereDined on 8/2/2014Stayed at the Borgata and decided in advance we wanted to eat off premises. Did some research and decided on the Knife and Fork. We were not disappointed. Made the reservation online and we were seated exactly on time. The service and the food were excellent. Our waiter hailed from Zimbabwe, and could not have been more helpful. I observed that all of the waitstaff interacted well with the other patrons as well. I had the Filet Oscar, and my companion had the 8 oz Filet. Both were cooked exactly as we had requested. If you've never had french fried beet chips definitely give them a try. We can't wait to come back.Special Features: