Knife & Fork Inn
Atlantic Ave & Pacific Ave
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Knife & Fork Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.knifeandforkinn.com/
- Phone: 6093441133
- Hours of Operation:
Hours: Friday Lunch from 11:30 am - 4:30 pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Bar opens at 4:00 pm daily Special Events: Open November 24th for Thanksgiving Dinner starting at 2:00 pm!
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Frank Dougherty
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Knife & Fork offers a unique dining experience in an Atlantic City landmark replete with historic charm. With five distinct dining areas, some with ocean views, seating 8 to 85 guests for sit down dinners (more for cocktail parties), the Knife & Fork is sure to have the perfect room for you! Several Private Dining and Cocktail Party Menus are available, but we would be happy to create a menu designed specifically for your event. The Knife & Fork also has a full bar with specialty cocktails and an award-winning wine list to complement your dining experience. With a private event at the Knife & Fork, you will receive an excellent meal and unparalleled service in an elegant yet unpretentious atmosphere. And you’ll have a lot of fun too!
- Private Party Contact: Maureen Shay 6093441133
A word from Knife & Fork Inn
Under the direction of new owner Frank Dougherty, the legendary Knife & Fork has just completed an extensive renovation aimed at restoring and enhancing this Atlantic City landmark. Featuring a brand new, state-of-the-art kitchen, expanded bar and lounge area, as well as ocean views from the main dining rooms, the Knife & Fork is once again the place to see and be seen in Atlantic City. The Knife & Fork's new menu, featuring the finest steaks and seafood prepared on a wood-fired grill, is complemented by an extensive wine list and 10,000 bottle wine "cellar." The Knife & Fork is now offering lunch every Friday from 11:30-4:30 pm. It's the perfect spot to celebrate the end of the work week or get a jump start on your weekend. The Dougherty family, owners of the other Atlantic City dining landmark, Dock's Oyster House, invite you to visit them at their newest locationContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Knife & Fork Inn - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Knife & Fork Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
312 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (228)fit for foodies (148)romantic (135)neighborhood gem (119)notable wine list (109)vibrant bar scene (77)good for groups (75)scenic view (43)hot spot (31)great for lunch (10)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- An Atlantic City Culinary ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Old world charm, attentive service and classic fare combined for a memorable night out. My wife and I both thoroughly enjoyed the Knife & Fork's signature dish, Lobster Thermidor. Rich, savory, perfectly prepared and classically presented in the shell. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Knife and ForkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Crab Cakes best ever. Lobster Risootto abd goat cheese au gratin potato sides were excellent. Service very attentive and very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGrandsonDined on 10/18/2014Service and food was so good. And no wait for your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentDdddVIPDined on 10/17/2014Good night out. Great service by Liz. Steaks were greatSpecial Features:
- What a legend...ZepcatsalDined on 10/16/2014This place is a legend. The food was delicious, and really can't be beat. The dishes on the menu are made with such detail, it's impressive. I take away only one star because the service was - get this - over zealous. We were asked 3 times if we wanted fresh black pepper, all by different people. 2 servers asking if we wanted more wanted within 60 seconds. 2 servers asking everything one after another - it was comical, slightly annoying and thought it was some kind of joke! The Lobster Thermidore was AMAZING and the Filet Mignon (yes, I had both) was one of the best I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodRedcacDined on 10/13/2014This is the third time we have been to the Knife and Fork. We started with scallops oscar and lobster spring rolls. Fabulous. Next was a yummy salad. My husband enjoyed a signature flounder dish and I had seafood risotto filled with scallops and shrimp. The service was exceptional.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!DimplesDined on 10/12/2014I've eaten at the Knife & Fork Inn several times and I highly, highly, highly recommend it. From the lovely greeting, to the relaxed ambiance, to the charming waiters, to the INCREDIBLE food, this is a place you must experience. It is a gem of a place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NjoyableDined on 10/11/2014Enjoyed my entire meal. The lobster was delicious! service was superb! Cant wait to return.Special Features:
- Special place, special birthday!lovetodineoutDined on 10/11/2014We had not been here in a very long time. However, once I knew we would be in the area celebrating my husband's 75th birthday I knew this was the "special" place to have a birthday dinner with a few close friends. It was much more than I could have asked for. The food was superb, the atmosphere was festive, and our waiter, Casey was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally Tried It!rkr1960Dined on 10/11/2014Always heard great things about it, but never tried it. My wife and I were not disappointed. A memorable anniversary dinner!Special Features:
- SuperbNikkiNardoDined on 10/9/2014It was absolutely what I expected. Went for the hubby 50th birthday. The staff was awesome the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Love itBeachChairLarryDined on 10/4/2014Fantastic restaurant, went there for our anniversary had a great time. Would I go back, in a heart beat. With valet parking no need to search for a spot to park. The staff was great, the food was excellent, great wine list, didn't feel rushed. It's not inexpensive, but worth every penny for that special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The StaffACvisitorDined on 10/4/2014It was the service that really sold us on our visit. Employees had a nice demeanor, did not rush or depersonalize the situation. It felt as if we were coming to their home to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014We had a great dining experience My guests and I were all very pleased with the food ,service and ambience . I would highly recommend the Knife and Fork to my friends for and relatives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Impressed At AllocaroldeniseminneapolisDined on 9/28/2014I chose this place as it is a sister restaurant to Docks Oyster House where four of us dined in Sep 2013 and we loved it. The four of us all order rib eye steaks - I have had much better rib eyes - these looked like filet mignon steaks. Our waitress was fantastic, but I would not recommend any of my friends who go to AC to dine at this place. Much better places to go to. I had made our reservations a month in advance and the waitress sat us at a table in the bar area instead of the nice, private dining room.Special Features:
- DisappointedMarylandGuestDined on 9/27/2014We were disappointed in our dining experience. Service was very poor and may have been the worst I've experienced for the price. My meal was good but my guest were not impressed. Once the food was served the waitress didn't return to our table. Even water glasses weren't refilled. We eventually went to the bar to ask for our check. I was embarrassed that I'd selected this venue for this special occasion.Special Features:
- Friday's best lunch spotlunch4meDined on 9/26/2014The special Friday lunch menu is perfect for an afternoon treat. Casual dress but elegant food. Will be a regular from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGGSSVIPDined on 9/25/2014Took my father to dinner at Knife and Fork, where he has not been for 30 years. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knife & Fork trendy and traditionalFoodthoughtDined on 9/20/2014Our server, Dustin, was outstanding. He was very knowledgeable about the menu and had good wine recommendations. There were very appealing starters - like bacon! Delicious. I had the house dish, lobster Thermidor, which is, of course, an oldie but goodie. It was delish. Menu was a combination of creative and traditional. There was a menu insert with "Sustainable" dishes. The wine room on the third floor is really impressive. All in all, a great dining experience.Special Features:
- A Gem!JAG82Dined on 9/20/2014Anyone who thinks the only place you can get an excellent dining expierience in A/C is in one of the casinos must think again. This is by far the best restaurant in the area. The service is impeccable and the food is some of the finest quality we have ever had. We go at the very least once a year to celebrate our anniversary. You are treated like royalty and we have never had a meal we didn't enjoy. From aged beef to the freshest ingredients, you really can't do it better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerGreatDinnerDined on 9/19/2014Went for 27th anniversary ,was a great choice, excellent service , delicious food. Definitely would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/17/2014Had a great dinner with friends - was a little noisy at 7:30, but then died down a bit shortly afterwards. Almost everyone in our party ordered seafood - all entrees were excellent - especially Scottish salmon. Everyone thought their meal was absolutely wonderful!Special Features:
- MISCHADined on 9/12/2014It was a wonderful dining experience , the resturant is lovely you feel you are back in the roaring twenties , the lobster Thermidor was delicious ,so was the crab cocktail. Harvest salad and the peach Melba for dessert was the perfect way to end a wonderful meal . Great service as well ! We will definetly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A restaurant not to missBohoslavek1Dined on 9/12/2014Service is outstanding , the food is not only good, but great. Special request regarding special requests are no problemSpecial Features:
- Troutner/ McCloskeySATISFIEDDined on 9/7/2014This was an excitent experience for us, and we will be back. My fiance' and I where there to celebrate an anniversary. Charles is retired and lives in Philly, I live here in New Jersey in Mays Landing. Charles is a history buff and really enjoyed the historic building. The food was so good we ordered extra to take home to enjoy the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Food was excellent. Menu was diverse and interesting. Delightful environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- turn of the century charmOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014If you are a fan of Boardwalk Empire as we are you will love the decor. Beautiful restoration, feels like you jumped back in time.There are several rooms & each one is beautifully decorated. The corn chowder crab soup & seafood risotto were delicious. My boyfriend loved his calamari & pork chops. Extensive menu, hard to choose.The portions were very large & well priced. Wait staff were very pleasant Surprisingly casual attire for a restaurant of it's kind . The only negative for us was that we were seated in the very beautiful enclosed terrace room with sea views but the noise level made it impossible to have a conversation. Very small room but with the exception of us they seated all large parties with tables too close.Special Features:
- Reimagined classicarleneDined on 9/3/2014The Knife and Fork has been in business since the 1920's. My mother went there for special occasions in the 1960s. The restaurant was excellent until the 1990s. In 2006, new owners refurbished the beautiful historic building and menu to their former elegance. This is no casino restaurant. The menu features diverse offerings from fresh seafood to meat. Our 1 1/2 pound king crab was twice the length of our plates and so full of meat that my mom and I could have split one order. Salads and appetizers were well-prepared and delicious. The onion rings were the best I've ever eaten. Although my husband parents and I were in mourning over the closure of Azure at the Revel, Knife and Fork surprised us as- fantastic reinvention of old favorite.Special Features:
- Past primeburbaniteVIPDined on 9/3/2014Very disappointing! Food was consistently poor. Bitter, stale, heaps and unappetizing. Go see the historic pictures but skip the food.
- frequentdinerDined on 8/31/2014'Energetic' is not a good option to have to select for 'loud'. The service slow, the steak overcooked, the crab cake lukewarm, the rolls had the consistency of bread which had been over microwaved - tough on the outside, dry inside....and we had to ask twice for it - and the crab artichoke dip was soupy, so dripped off the chips. Quality was what I would expect at a restaurant that charges half the price.
- Knife & Fork the BEST!InvestorMAN777Dined on 8/31/2014The Knife & Fork Inn was simply the BEST! I've had great steaks before but nothing like the 18ounce bone in Cowboy steak cooked to perfection the way I ordered.Our servers were professional,attentive & friendly.I would highly recommend to everyone a most memorable dining experience by going to the Knife & Fork Inn as soon as you can.Special Features:
- A wonderful trip through timeandrewVIPDined on 8/30/2014Knife and fork Inn has been an Atlantic city institution since the early 20th century. So Happy that it's past has been recreated gastronomically again by its new management. The Lobster Thermidor a classic presentation. Has been restored and refreshed as well as the accompanying goat cheese potatoes, mashed potatoes and carrots. Every entree from salmon to steak was a delight for my senses. Ending with a classic banana cream lie sealed the deal for me and my family. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & excellent service2FoodiesDined on 8/30/2014We loved everything that we ordered from appetizer to dessert. I especially appreciated the menu with seafood from sustainable waters. The scallops were sweet and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!Sugie01Dined on 8/29/2014We come a few times a couple times a year , for special occasions , this time we brought out dearest friends ...They were taken away by the appearance of the building , very old style European .... The food wonderful , the staff was very attentive and professional as one would expect ... Not your every day restaurant . Dinner for 4 with 2 bottles of inexpensive $39 wine ... A little under $500. So bring your wallet ... You won't regret itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls luncheonMimiDined on 8/29/2014We were girls out to lunch saying goodbye to one girl who is going back to her home in Florida. Our lunch was a great way to end the summer with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect4friendsDined on 8/27/2014We meet with friends every few months to treat ourselves to a dinner out. During our most recent trip to Atlantic City we chose to dine at Knife & Fork. Our expectations were high due to recommendations that we had read. We were not disappointed. In fact, the recommendations did not due the restaurant justice. We were seated promptly upon arrival. The service was efficient but not rushed. And the food was exceptional. We had researched and read the menu before arriving so the four of us had an idea what we wanted to order. We all chose the Dinner Special. The menu offerings are extremely reasonably priced especially due to the quality of the food. We are already planning our next dinner out and it will be to Knife and Fork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTamaraVIPDined on 8/26/2014My family has dined here several times this year for special occasions. The food quality is always high, with good presentation. We had a variety of meat and seafood, all of which had generous portions and arrived at the proper temperature. Will dine again.Special Features:
- delicious!jwjwVIPDined on 8/26/2014We ate at Knife and Fork last night, and we are still savoring the experience. One of us ordered the Knife and Fork Dinner - a prix fixe offering of corn and crab chowder, jersey tomato caprese salad, filet mignon and lobster thermador. Every bite was memorable. Another of us ordered the garlic soft-shell crabs -- another winner. The wine list was ample, and the prices were reasonable. The dessert (peach cobbler) was less impressive but okay. All in all, a great meal.Special Features:
- Best Steak In A.C.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014The Knife & Fork has been around since 1912 and it is still a super dining experience. The building is one of it is kind and the second floor dining room has a view of the ocean. I would stick with any of the steaks and order multiple side orders.Special Features:
- Knife and Fork is an AC ClassicFoodie55Dined on 8/25/2014No one should go to Atlantic City without dining at the wonderful Knife and Fork Restaurant. It is a classic, going back to the days of Enoch "Nucky" Johnson. It hasn't remained untouched, however. It has been lovingly restored, recapturing its prohibition-era roots. The food is also fabulous - they have a varied and interesting menu. The service, as well, is usually fantastic. Don't miss an evening in the Knife and Fork!Special Features: