Knife & Fork Inn
Atlantic Ave & Pacific Ave
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Knife & Fork Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.knifeandforkinn.com/
- Phone: (609) 344-1133
- Hours of Operation:
Hours: Friday Lunch from 11:30 am - 4:30 pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Bar opens at 4:00 pm daily Special Events: Open November 24th for Thanksgiving Dinner starting at 2:00 pm!
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Frank Dougherty
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Knife & Fork offers a unique dining experience in an Atlantic City landmark replete with historic charm. With five distinct dining areas, some with ocean views, seating 8 to 85 guests for sit down dinners (more for cocktail parties), the Knife & Fork is sure to have the perfect room for you! Several Private Dining and Cocktail Party Menus are available, but we would be happy to create a menu designed specifically for your event. The Knife & Fork also has a full bar with specialty cocktails and an award-winning wine list to complement your dining experience. With a private event at the Knife & Fork, you will receive an excellent meal and unparalleled service in an elegant yet unpretentious atmosphere. And you’ll have a lot of fun too!
- Private Party Contact: Maureen Shay 6093441133
A word from Knife & Fork Inn
Under the direction of new owner Frank Dougherty, the legendary Knife & Fork has just completed an extensive renovation aimed at restoring and enhancing this Atlantic City landmark. Featuring a brand new, state-of-the-art kitchen, expanded bar and lounge area, as well as ocean views from the main dining rooms, the Knife & Fork is once again the place to see and be seen in Atlantic City. The Knife & Fork's new menu, featuring the finest steaks and seafood prepared on a wood-fired grill, is complemented by an extensive wine list and 10,000 bottle wine "cellar." The Knife & Fork is now offering lunch every Friday from 11:30-4:30 pm. It's the perfect spot to celebrate the end of the work week or get a jump start on your weekend. The Dougherty family, owners of the other Atlantic City dining landmark, Dock's Oyster House, invite you to visit them at their newest locationContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Knife & Fork Inn - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Knife & Fork Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
262 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (188)fit for foodies (131)romantic (131)neighborhood gem (109)notable wine list (100)good for groups (76)vibrant bar scene (69)scenic view (38)hot spot (26)late-night find (9)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Kickin' it old schoolOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014Knife & Fork Inn is our go-to spot when we take a ride to Atlantic City. The food is outstanding and the setting is beautiful, and loyal to this gem of an historical building. Unlike many trendy "foodie" restaurants, you can choose among simple dishes -- steaks and chops for instance -- or innovative preparations of great seafood. An "honest pour" on cocktails, and a perfect musical playlist from the owner's iPod made our visit memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you're a steak connoisseur....dinneroutDined on 11/16/2014Excellent filet mignon, excellent dinner rolls, good wine list, good coffee. Rest of meal only so-so, but the filet should not be missed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even more Ourstanding than usualMarlenieGSVIPDined on 11/15/2014Perhaps because the summer hubbub has died down a bit, we were able to score a very nice table on the first floor sans raucous neighbors. Everything was scrumptious from beginning to end. Amazingly large lump crabmeat cocktail with you chunks of prime crabmeat, I he tuna skewers had amazing sauces and done just right, cowboy steak and rack of lamb were among the best we've ever had in the restaurant and we dine there fairly often, also had the delicious pomme soufflé ( which are really hollowed out potato skin puffy items hard to describe but yummy )and very tasty brussels sprouts with Parmesan crumbs, Banana cream pie for dessert. Excellent service and waitstaff. However this does not come cheap. Be prepared to spend quite a bit on a meal like this. It is very pricey so not something you're likely to do all that often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent! Loved everything.. food, ambience #1fourladiesDined on 11/15/2014Went there last Saturday night for a "girls night out" prior to going to a concert. Arrived a bit early and had a wonderful drink at the bar. From there we were shown to our table. The waitress was so friendly, sweet and helpful, and gave us wonderful recommendations for entrees. We all enjoyed our dinners very much. As we were leaving, we passed the bar and it was so lively and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful evening.SunshineVIPDined on 11/11/2014Everything was right about our dinner here. Hadn't been in a long time, and will definitely be back sooner than later. Food was delicious, and service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of several excellent restaurants in A. C.SteveDined on 11/11/2014I object to this survey requiring any written review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, our 1st time!MaursieDined on 11/9/2014Our waitress Heather was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and so efficient. The wait staff on a whole could not have been more helpful and friendly. The restaurant was very clean , well lit and decorated. I always feel so special when sitting at a table with white linens :) Great pick and I would definitely recommend it for a special occasion .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet RestaurantLennyDined on 11/9/2014My Lady and I enjoyed the place very well. She was so excited to be there in the great romantic atmosphere. Also she loved her delicious meal. We will come back and tell all are family and friend about this delightful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceJimKDined on 11/8/2014We have been to the Knife & Fork on numerous ocassions. I have to say that each visit is unique, in that sometimes the food is just ok and sometines the service is not outstanding and other times the food is excellent and the service is outstanding. What is consistant is the high noise level. The noise is not something the management can control, which is why I rated the overall experience as "very good". This time the food was outstanding and the service was excellent. We will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BessDined on 11/8/2014Wonderful as always! Filet is always cooked to perfection. Service perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodDRVJRVIPDined on 11/7/2014Food always prepared with watchful eye. Consistent. Classic dishes are well prepared. A must try when in AC area,Special Features:
- GREAT SERVICEMareskiDined on 11/7/2014The service was outstanding. The drinks, one of the best Manhattans I have ever had..perfect. Lunch menu was very good. Loved the soup and salad. My crab cake was OK, just overcooked and the bread was too much, ate the cake without it. Would go back because it was a great experience and I loved the dinner menu.Special Features:
- Excellent as usual!FavoritesDined on 11/6/2014The knife and Fork is a real gem of a restaurant. It is not far from the Casino hotels, but far enough away to be a much quieter experience. The food is outstanding and the service is exceptional. I would recommend it wholeheartedly! The scallops oscar were a special treat and the short ribs were spectacular. My husband and I can't wait to return there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, Great ServiceJacksonVIPDined on 11/3/2014Quality food served well. What else can be said. You should try this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciosOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I have been here a few times and never have a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special MealJoeandPatDined on 11/1/2014We ate here on a Saturday night right after Halloween, in the lovely 2nd-floor dining room. Nice atmosphere, food was delicious and the service tops. Our waiter Casey acted like an owner rather than hired help. Very helpful but not pushy. We both had the Knife and Fork Dinner. It was pricey but we felt we received good value, and they were reasonable on substitutions. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperDeliciousDined on 10/28/2014This is my birthday week celebration and the Knife & Fork was the best dinner so far in all respects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMashaDined on 10/27/2014We were late for our reservation, but they were very nice to postpone it and offered to keep the kitchen open till 9pm, just for us! Food was great! Jalapeño sorbet to die for! Yellow tail appetizer was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJohnHDined on 10/27/2014Mathis was our second time dining at the Knife and Fork and on both occasions things could not have been better. The food,wait service (knowledge of both wine and food) was great. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't get enough of Knife&ForkOceanCityFansDined on 10/26/2014This was my second time here. My first time was with a large group and Dustin was our server. He had no problem accommodating our group. The second time I was there, it was just my wife and I. Casey was our server. The food was outstanding, and both servers were friendly, courteous, and were knowledgable about the menu. I can't wait to go back, and will asked to be seated at Dustin or Casey's tablesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!!!JoeB13Dined on 10/25/2014Everything about this restaurant is great! The service, the food, the ambience, everything was enjoyable. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- rmrmr1Dined on 10/24/2014Food and service were superb. I especially like the grilled scallopsSpecial Features:
- GREAT ROMANTIC FINDTOMMYGUNDined on 10/23/2014THIS WAS OUT FOURTH TIME TO KNIFE & FORK. THE FOOD WAS EVEN BETTER THEN THE LAST THREE. IT JUST GETS BETTER EVERY TIME WE GO. THIS ROMANTIC GETAWAY IS GREAT TO ENJOY A GREAT DINNER HAVE A FEW DRINKS AND JUST RELAX. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE. AAA+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Atlantic City Culinary ClassicJoevpecdDined on 10/19/2014Old world charm, attentive service and classic fare combined for a memorable night out. My wife and I both thoroughly enjoyed the Knife & Fork's signature dish, Lobster Thermidor. Rich, savory, perfectly prepared and classically presented in the shell. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Knife and ForkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Crab Cakes best ever. Lobster Risootto abd goat cheese au gratin potato sides were excellent. Service very attentive and very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGrandsonDined on 10/18/2014Service and food was so good. And no wait for your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentDdddVIPDined on 10/17/2014Good night out. Great service by Liz. Steaks were greatSpecial Features:
- What a legend...ZepcatsalDined on 10/16/2014This place is a legend. The food was delicious, and really can't be beat. The dishes on the menu are made with such detail, it's impressive. I take away only one star because the service was - get this - over zealous. We were asked 3 times if we wanted fresh black pepper, all by different people. 2 servers asking if we wanted more wanted within 60 seconds. 2 servers asking everything one after another - it was comical, slightly annoying and thought it was some kind of joke! The Lobster Thermidore was AMAZING and the Filet Mignon (yes, I had both) was one of the best I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodRedcacDined on 10/13/2014This is the third time we have been to the Knife and Fork. We started with scallops oscar and lobster spring rolls. Fabulous. Next was a yummy salad. My husband enjoyed a signature flounder dish and I had seafood risotto filled with scallops and shrimp. The service was exceptional.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!DimplesDined on 10/12/2014I've eaten at the Knife & Fork Inn several times and I highly, highly, highly recommend it. From the lovely greeting, to the relaxed ambiance, to the charming waiters, to the INCREDIBLE food, this is a place you must experience. It is a gem of a place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NjoyableDined on 10/11/2014Enjoyed my entire meal. The lobster was delicious! service was superb! Cant wait to return.Special Features:
- Special place, special birthday!lovetodineoutDined on 10/11/2014We had not been here in a very long time. However, once I knew we would be in the area celebrating my husband's 75th birthday I knew this was the "special" place to have a birthday dinner with a few close friends. It was much more than I could have asked for. The food was superb, the atmosphere was festive, and our waiter, Casey was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally Tried It!rkr1960Dined on 10/11/2014Always heard great things about it, but never tried it. My wife and I were not disappointed. A memorable anniversary dinner!Special Features:
- SuperbNikkiNardoDined on 10/9/2014It was absolutely what I expected. Went for the hubby 50th birthday. The staff was awesome the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Love itBeachChairLarryDined on 10/4/2014Fantastic restaurant, went there for our anniversary had a great time. Would I go back, in a heart beat. With valet parking no need to search for a spot to park. The staff was great, the food was excellent, great wine list, didn't feel rushed. It's not inexpensive, but worth every penny for that special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The StaffACvisitorDined on 10/4/2014It was the service that really sold us on our visit. Employees had a nice demeanor, did not rush or depersonalize the situation. It felt as if we were coming to their home to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014We had a great dining experience My guests and I were all very pleased with the food ,service and ambience . I would highly recommend the Knife and Fork to my friends for and relatives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Impressed At AllocaroldeniseminneapolisDined on 9/28/2014I chose this place as it is a sister restaurant to Docks Oyster House where four of us dined in Sep 2013 and we loved it. The four of us all order rib eye steaks - I have had much better rib eyes - these looked like filet mignon steaks. Our waitress was fantastic, but I would not recommend any of my friends who go to AC to dine at this place. Much better places to go to. I had made our reservations a month in advance and the waitress sat us at a table in the bar area instead of the nice, private dining room.Special Features:
- DisappointedMarylandGuestDined on 9/27/2014We were disappointed in our dining experience. Service was very poor and may have been the worst I've experienced for the price. My meal was good but my guest were not impressed. Once the food was served the waitress didn't return to our table. Even water glasses weren't refilled. We eventually went to the bar to ask for our check. I was embarrassed that I'd selected this venue for this special occasion.Special Features:
- Friday's best lunch spotlunch4meDined on 9/26/2014The special Friday lunch menu is perfect for an afternoon treat. Casual dress but elegant food. Will be a regular from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.