Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar
708 River Road
Belmar, NJ 07719Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kleinsfish.com/
- Phone: (732) 681-1177
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday- Thursday 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00 pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kent Partoll
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar
Where at the Jersey Shore can you find two restaurants, a Tiki Bar, River Bar, and Sushi Bar, and a fresh off the boat seafood market all on one magnificent waterfront stretch of real estate? Easy Answer: Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar. The Klein family has been operating Klein's Fish Market on River Road in Belmar for the past 80 years. Klein's offers fresh seafood from all over the world, and has expanded the business to include two riverfront outdoor bars, an expansive all you care to eat Sunday Brunch buffet, and the ever popular Sushi Bar. The restaurant also hosts private parties and offers an extensive catering menu. Klein's imparts the family flavor to its customers with an embracing, familiar and friendly service style, taking care to assure that each customers needs are properly met. The Fish Market and Waterside Cafe, with its relaxed atmosphere, and The Grill Room's casual upscale restaurant, both feature great dining options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar - Best Restaurants in Belmar ›
Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (48)scenic view (39)neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (27)good for groups (21)kid-friendly (19)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (16)romantic (12)great for brunch (11)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (5)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Very Very good placejohnDined on 11/15/2014The Staff were superb - there was not a single thing that they missed or could have done better. The food (*with the exception of the New England clam chowder) was very good. Plenty of well cooked , properly seasoned food for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DD1026VIPDined on 11/8/2014great food and service. BEST Manhattan clam chowder.Special Features:
- PoorLilyotDined on 10/8/2014The service was poor. One bourbon was $16 ...ridiculous. We expected great fish and it was overdone and bland. We would not go there againSpecial Features:
- Excellent all around.hmitchelVIPDined on 9/28/2014The food, service and outdoor seating were all excellent. Definitely recommend for any seafood lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for outdoor dining!eatwithuDined on 9/28/2014I eat only in the outdoor area about 10 times each summer. On a beautiful evening, it is simply delightful. The service is attentive and personal. The menu is extensive and there's something for everyone. I have only eaten in the indoor dining room once and have never gone back; the ambiance is terrible. It looks and feels like eating in a Howard Johnson restaurant. Recently, I ate brunch there with 5 other people. Their special omelet was delicious; however, it was chaotic because we had to dodge busy waiters and walk down a narrow corridor adjacent to the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodc1attheshoreDined on 9/27/2014most likely the worst food i was ever served i had the salmon special and when it came i actually asked the waiter if it really was the special it was very badly plated and tasted just as bad we will never be back
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Great location when you want to be on the water; service was good; food is not gourmet, but fine - water location makes it worth the trip. Also had guitarist singing which made for a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- EhMitymouse14Dined on 9/20/2014Food was Mediocre and came out barely warm. Good reservation thru Open Table on busy Saturday night. Honored. No wait.
- Very good fish fryGreatDined on 9/15/2014My meal was very good. I thought the price was a bit high. It is a nice place, but fancy at all. It was a good experience, but I would not write home about it.
- Four nightsChiefDined on 9/13/2014We were in town for only seven days. Went to Klein's the first evening and returned three more times. Menu variety allowed easy sollections. Fish fresh.Special Features:
- Great Service & Location, Good FoodMoJafarDined on 9/7/2014Our overworked server was excellent. Apparently much of the summer staff had just left for school, and the restaurant did not plan adequate replacements. The food was good, lobster/clam bake. The only negative was that they included scallops in the package that were completely overcooked. The lobster, clams and other seafood were well cooked and very tasty. Would definitely return.
- Great diningMargogoDined on 9/7/2014Whatever the occasion this is a great restaurant to visit. The staff is friendly and the food is delicious! The view is breathe taking, great sunsets! Just in case you can't find a sitter, not to worry the kids will enjoy the menu and love watching the boats go by. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favorite!MrsDJLDined on 9/2/2014The food here is amazing! I usually go every summer with my husband and in-laws. I always get the king crab legs because they are the best I have ever had anywhere. The other night I tried the crab artichoke bisque. Wow! The waterside view is so beautiful also. Overall a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i wouldn't recommendErniesGirlDined on 9/1/2014Although our waiter was outstanding, the food was mediocre, the table was off balance and the live music was far too loud. The music was turned down upon request, but we found it to be inappropriate during the dinner hour.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/27/2014The food is average at best but we did have a great server. The view is also not very good. Basically you stare at a bridge and watch a NJ transit train roll through every now and then. Not worth the money.
- Good fish with nice water view.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014This is not the place to go for a very special sort of meal. It's more "down home" style cuisine, with a lot of the fish being served fried or just sort of the way good ole boys like it. The food is good but not sophisticated but you're sitting there on the water and the service is nice and it stays open late so who can complain. It's really very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening!BuddhagirlDined on 8/25/2014Dined outside with friends. The seafood is fresh and delicious. Our server and his trainee were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable dinner outdoorsJDFoodieVIPDined on 8/25/2014We had blackened swordfish which was outstanding and whole, fried Thai sea bass which was very good but could have had a little more flavor. Nice wines at happy hour prices made us very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not exceptional.psukkrewDined on 8/24/2014The brunch food was dry and old by the time we were there on the later end. The tables were littered with food, very sloppy presentation. If you are charging full price the entire time, I would expect the same quality. The desserts and Bloody Marys were fantastic. I would try again for lunch, no brunch. The view and location are awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for medium qualityPetecooksVIPDined on 8/23/2014Food is higher priced than it should be for the dockside restaurant that Kleins is. The food is good, not great. Prices don't reflect the casual presentation and overall EZ going vibe of the restaurant.
- Disappointingdamon822Dined on 8/21/2014Unfortunately Klein's does not live up to its Shore seafood place to go reputation. This is not the first time that I've eaten there and for the price the quality of the seafood served is way under par. This last visit I ordered a 1 1/4 lb lobster which cost about $24.00. The lobster was like a tough piece of rubber and tasteless. My dinner companion ordered Spaghetti with Clams...super small portion of pasta. Can not recommend this restaurant unless you're looking for a nice view of the bridge over the inlet.
- Best in Bradley BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/20/2014If you love fresh fish and seafood and are able to enjoy a wonderful meal while look at fishing boats going off to catch local fish, you will love Klein's. You know you can count on everything being as good as it gets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Klein'sfitnesschefDined on 8/19/2014The first thing that came to my mind was freshness. The seafood we all had was extremely fresh. The veggies were sauteed to order and al dente. The server was excellent and the view was outstanding. We were all extremely happy with our dinner experience.Special Features:
- Worst visit everlynn325Dined on 8/18/2014I dine at Klein's several times a year and have enjoyed many lobsters there over the years. I have had brunch and lunch, but this was my first dinner. I ordered the clam bake, a dish I have enjoyed numerous times. In the past we were served cole slaw but that did not happen. I did not receive butter or lemon and the waiter was nowhere to be found. I asked a young man cleaning off a table to ask our waiter for butter. The food was lukewarm. Parts of the lobster, already open and cracked, were cold. The small dish for shells was not large enough. We barely saw the server again. His tip reflected the service. The review reflects the food. It is a long drive for me and this meal may force me to find a different source for lobster.
- Out of town guests. . .JenniDDined on 8/14/2014My cousins were visiting from Ohio and Poland. . .so we had a large group, including tweens and teens. The wait staff was efficient and responsive to all requests. We enjoyed the wonderful service, great food and relaxing ambiance. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Fast ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014The best part of our dining experience was how fast the food came! Our main course came within 10-15 minutes after we sat down.Special Features:
- Lobster great, but food lukewarmJDFoodieVIPDined on 8/11/2014I like my food hot and while everything was very good, especially the lobster, all the food was lukewarm at best. As always, the server and manager are very quick to fix this, I'd rather have it right the first time. But we will always return because of the quality of food and amazing staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2014What you'd expect at the Jersey shore from a mid-range restaurant. Certainly not a place I would rush back to if I was not vacationing in the Belmar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great date on the porchFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/4/2014my boyfriend and I went for a drink and a sushi roll. sat on the deck overlooking the bay. great view of the water. very romantic. great service.Special Features:
- Dining at Klein'sRoseDined on 7/30/2014Food was good, the waitress was professional and very pleasant. Our appetizer came late and the waitress apologized and didn't charge us. It was a beautiful evening and being able to sit outside was a plus. Also, the wait wasn't too long. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Tourist trapAl6483Dined on 7/30/2014Only go here for a drink and the nice view. Terrible seafood that is way overpriced. Service was uninspired. We had crab cakes that were undercooked and bland. King crab was not good quality. Go to the Inlet Cafe in Highlands if you want better seafood.Special Features:
- Great ValueEWHelenDined on 7/30/2014My book club of 5 enjoyed happy hour appetizers followed by lobster dinners. Everyone was very pleased with food, atmosphere, value and service.Special Features:
- The following 306 reviews are from the Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar reviews archive.
- a told you so moment.......toldUsoDined on 7/24/2014I read the prior reviews before my wife and I dined here. Most of them warned about quality of food vs. the price, poor wait staff due to inexperience, and not offering dining points . Well....... it was all true. I did not listen to the reviews because, let's face it, most are written bu a disgruntaled guest; not the good experiences. Here, I have become on eof them; with good reason. I should have gone with my gut and listened to those reviews. I experienced the same situation that i read about where the appitizers and dinner came out with missing accompanyments . No lemon for the fish and clams, no drawn butter with the steamers and lobster. We had to ask continuoulsy for water refills. Not doing that again.Special Features:
- Could have been betterGmuroloDined on 7/7/2014With reservations I wasn't seated quick enough and also the service wasn't as good as I thought. Food could have been better....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentAV45VIPDined on 7/4/2014A nice place to complete your City Island experience. The food is not great, but ok, I can't complain. I nice view of the marina if you can get a table outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs to be cleaned uplauriebVIPDined on 7/3/2014though this restaurant is a mainstay- it is filthy. i sat outside- with a great water view- but also across from my table was where all the trays and unwanted food was dumped- and also food fell on the floor. leaving the restaurant you can see how dirty the kitchen is- steamers were good and fish was fresh but i wouldnt go back. also the waitress staff is rushing about so much that it is not the least bit relaxing.Special Features:
- Just averageDediedinesoutDined on 7/2/2014We were a bit disappointed in Klein's. When we arrived they didn't have our reservation so we had to wait at the bar. That was nice as it was outside and there was music. The website had said it was 50% off sushi on Wednesdays. We were told that ended in April. We were then seated at the very far end of the dining area and could not hear the music. The food was average. I had a small plate of scallops with potatoes and spinach but when it came it was scallops with rice and no spinach. Ok but not great. We would have chosen the other section of the restaurant but it wasn't offered. We would not go there again.Special Features:
- FinedinerVIPDined on 7/1/2014After placing our order, it took a very long time to be served. The portions that finally were brought out were unbelievably small, much smaller than in the past. Don't go here if hungry.Special Features:
- Ladies NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014A group of girls get together twice a month and we choose different restaurants to go to, and I hit the jackpot , the food and service was great, Our server name was Dylan, he's a college student, he did an outstanding job, we will be back...Special Features:
- Disappointing -OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2014Crab bisque was like mud and tasteless. Service was terrible: couldn't get the drink order correct, was mostly done w lobster when the drawn butter finally arrived.