Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar
708 River Road
Belmar, NJ 07719Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kleinsfish.com/
- Phone: 7326811177x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday- Thursday 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00 pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kent Partoll
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar
Where at the Jersey Shore can you find two restaurants, a Tiki Bar, River Bar, and Sushi Bar, and a fresh off the boat seafood market all on one magnificent waterfront stretch of real estate? Easy Answer: Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar. The Klein family has been operating Klein's Fish Market on River Road in Belmar for the past 80 years. Klein's offers fresh seafood from all over the world, and has expanded the business to include two riverfront outdoor bars, an expansive all you care to eat Sunday Brunch buffet, and the ever popular Sushi Bar. The restaurant also hosts private parties and offers an extensive catering menu. Klein's imparts the family flavor to its customers with an embracing, familiar and friendly service style, taking care to assure that each customers needs are properly met. The Fish Market and Waterside Cafe, with its relaxed atmosphere, and The Grill Room's casual upscale restaurant, both feature great dining options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar - Best Restaurants in Belmar ›
Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (64)scenic view (55)great for lunch (34)neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (26)kid-friendly (20)special occasion (16)romantic (15)great for brunch (14)fit for foodies (13)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Kleins for a seafood treatjasonVIPDined on 5/18/2014Fresh seafood well prepared, friendly greeting and service, reasonable prices. A Jersey shore treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014This was my second visit at Klein's Fish Market and I just don't see what all the fuss is about. The fish is good, I wouldn't say great. Everything else is just ok at best. The sides, vegetables, service are not anything special. This time, I tried the pesto scallops. Scallops were cooked ok, the "risotto" that they come with was just overcooked/under seasoned mushy rice. Hubby's halibut was pretty good, the potato cake was under seasoned and the side of vegetables were the most bland we've had in recent memory. I understand that their focus is on the fish, but they need to pay a little more attention to the rest of the plate...especially since the fish isn't that exceptional either. The wait staff isn't the most attentive. Skip it.Special Features:
- Very disappointeddvg1027Dined on 5/17/2014Place is not like it use to be. Had to ask for lemon, wasabi, rolls, butter. Very stingy on everythingSpecial Features:
- Had a nice fresh seafoor meal.Food2LiveDined on 5/13/2014We were a party of four and thought it would be a nice night to sit outside so we headed for Klein's and it didn't disappoint any of us. The young server was new but she did a wonderful job filling us in with all the specials and the meal accompiaments. For a water front restaurant with it's own fish market we thought the prices were fair.Special Features:
- Disappointing!mekbDined on 5/4/2014The four of us were very disappointed with our experience. Found out later that a co-worked had been there and would not go back either.
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014We loved the atmosphere and the food was good. The shrimp and corn bisque was delicious and would order that again.Special Features:
- Icing on the CakeDisappointingDined on 4/27/2014We have dined at Kleins before and the food is usually fair but the ambience is why we go. We went for my father's 70th birthday and had reservations two weeks in advance. When we arrived our table was set for 9 and we were 7, the menus and place settings were just thrown in the middle, our table was very visibly titled. Our food was fair except for my daughter's mussels which were bad so they took them off our tab and the salad was over soaked in dressing. We brought a gluten free cake and found the person who checked us in tasting it in the kitchen, licking the knife he was using to cut the cake!!! Also never received our Open table points for reservation either- icing on the cake:-)
- FIRST TIME A CHARMOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014This was recommended by a friend to try dinner here we arrived and were welcomed immediately Appetizers were great. Bam bam shrimp were delish our wives split 2 of the " small portion" and just barely finished them. I had the fried shrimp platter that was excellent no room for dessert though. Would highly recommend but make sure you get reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/22/2014a large seafood restaurant complex with fresh raw bar offerings and other options befitting the location.Special Features:
- Would not let us use couponmaurpaulDined on 3/21/2014Would not let us use coupon because we presented it after bill was prepared.
- Klein's is the Best BrunchRalphielexiethorDined on 3/16/2014I love going to Klein's with my Family. The services is great. The view is wonderful. The Sushi is excellent. Pastries are delectable.Special Features:
- Great seafood at the Jersey shoreUCmomDined on 3/15/2014Our go to place at the shore for seafood that is always fresh and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four in our party and everyoneMustangmaggieVIPDined on 3/15/2014Four in our party and everyone enjoyed their entrees. We were all repeat customers so coming here was a no-brainer! Consistently good food and service. My husband loves salmon but this one was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- it is the slow season butooutriggerDined on 3/7/2014it is the slow season but I had expected a better level very disappointingSpecial Features:
- reliable and pleasant. AlwaysGeorgeDined on 3/6/2014reliable and pleasant. Always good quality in a simple, unhurried spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was excellent,franklin12Dined on 3/6/2014Food and service was excellent, staff was very attentive. The chef came out and greeted our party awesome experience, looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good.HolmdelGalVIPDined on 3/2/2014Consistently good. Not necessarily good for foodies but decent fish and sushi. Prefer to go there with a coupon though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014everyone raved about the crab cakes and we all had a very nice eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent in every wayUnagirlDined on 2/22/2014Klein's is the place we choose for the best seafood in the shore area--always consistently fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food but portions smallDonnaDined on 2/22/2014Seafood is very fresh and good but small portions. Sushi is great! We also felt mixed drinks were very over priced for what we got. Vodka and seltzer almost $13. We have heard brunch at Kleins is a good deal. We will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little less than I expectedStephfromNJVIPDined on 2/14/2014We went for valentines Day. I did not like the patio room. Chilly and drafty for winter. Probably nice in summer. With a reservation I would have liked to be in the main dining room. Food didn't start off great. Salad was tasteless. Too many nuts vs. salad greens. We ordered clams casino. They were small, dry and not tasty. At this point my husband have it a 2. Dinner improved. I had pesto scallops with cauliflower risotto . Delicious.y husband had Chilean sea bass. He said it was very good. Wanted to have dessert but nothing appealed to me. I was looking for something chocolate . Our waitress Dina was nice and attentive. I would try Kleins againI would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable. Good spot for seafoodGeorgeDined on 1/2/2014Reliable. Good spot for seafood - they know what they are doing. We were there on a snowy night and it was clear that they were ready to close - understandably! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2014We had brunch at Kleins for New Years. It was wonderful. Lots of great food. Kleins is great for fresh fish. The outdoor deck is nice. We eat there a lot and love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites...pgallagherDined on 12/31/2013Kleins is one of our favorite restaurants. The foo is always good and the service is always good even in the summer when there is an hour wait for a table.Special Features:
- One of the area`s best.DonMDined on 12/31/2013This restaurant has a long and well deserved history of providing good food in a pleasant atmosphere. Our dinner was well prepared and served. We have eaten there multiple times and will return for the good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Better Way to Ring in New Year.ZinoDined on 12/31/2013A special occasion met with special service and food. From the moment you arrive you are greeted with smiling faces. Escorted to a dining area that was beautifully decorated to the season festivities; it was New Year's Eve and Christmas lights shined and New Year's hats, favors and noise makers at every table. We felt special. The service was outstanding. Our server, Patty, was the best ! Great food. We started with wonderful seafood soup, followed by the most amazing scallops surrounding a mash potato center with a light red sauce, delicate and extremely tasteful. The main entrée was the traditional "surf and turf". The lobster tail was cooked to perfection and the generous portion NY Strip Steak would rival many Manhattan Steak Houses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh FishBarbzVIPDined on 11/30/2013Klein's is a Jersey Shore institution, always wonderful outdoor seaside dining in the summer, but great for fresh fish, quieter and still has a nice water view from indoor dining room in winter- and you can always get a seat in winter !Special Features:
- DisappointmentHappy2BinNYCVIPDined on 11/24/2013Entree of Over liked fish, microwaved baked potatoes were enough to offset the positives if a good Caesar salad an fresh cold little neck clams. It was an off season night and we were one of only 3 couples in the restaurant so service and food should have been better
- Klein'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2013We've been enjoying Klein's for nearly 15 years. Great spot for outdoor dining, weather permitting. Staff friendly and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent, good quality seafood.GeorgeDined on 11/21/2013Consistent, good quality seafood. Well-prepared. Nothing "special" here for die-hard "foodies" but a very pleasant spot that we value when visiting NJ!Special Features:
- Good Food, Ambience, Service.djmccraneVIPDined on 11/3/2013We went off season in November so the outdoor patio was closed. Our waitress was wonderful. Food was prepared well. Nice experience.Special Features:
- where's the fishMikeDined on 11/1/2013Room was dark had a hard time reading the menu. Sea food selection was small. No salad with meal.Special Features:
- See review below please andTD557Dined on 10/25/2013See review below please and use it if you so desire.
- Best Steamers Around!MadonnaVIPDined on 10/20/2013YUM! The steamers are always wonderful here. It's a modest but pleasant wine list and until winter really arrives, it's great to sit outside and see the water, the boats and catch a sunset.Special Features:
- DinnerFoodie1Dined on 10/7/2013The Sushi was excellent... as good or better than many Japanese Sushi Restaurants... .we really enjoyed our dinnerSpecial Features:
- Lobster was great!lynn325Dined on 10/6/2013I usually study the menu and then order the clam bake since it has everything I like.Special Features:
- OK but not great.....NotHappyVIPDined on 10/4/2013I am a bit torn giving this review. I have enjoyed many Happy Hours at Kleins. However, my first sit-down dining experience left a return visit in much doubt. There are better seafood restaurants around and there are worse. Klein simply did not distinguish itself on this evening. Biggest gripe....too long waiting for our first drink (bottle of wine). Second gripe .... roasted clams. They were definitely not worth the price.Special Features:
- ordered an omelette , it tookLindyVIPDined on 9/29/2013ordered an omelette , it took 30 mins before arriving, I did ask the server after 20 minsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing diinernittanyhokieDined on 9/28/2013Our Sat. night dinner at Klein's was not very good. My husband ordered the lobster tails and they were so dry and tasteless. I had the shrimp/Pasta combo. The shrimp were good, the pasta mushy. Ugh! the service was scarce due to understaffing. We sat a table for two and had to duck constantly because wait staff were right on top. Our chair and table were uneven. Do not recommend.
- Great location and great food!!!IrishacoVIPDined on 9/23/2013Great location and great food!!! Love this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.