Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar
708 River Road
Belmar, NJ 07719Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kleinsfish.com/
- Phone: 7326811177x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday- Thursday 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00 pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kent Partoll
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar
Where at the Jersey Shore can you find two restaurants, a Tiki Bar, River Bar, and Sushi Bar, and a fresh off the boat seafood market all on one magnificent waterfront stretch of real estate? Easy Answer: Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar. The Klein family has been operating Klein's Fish Market on River Road in Belmar for the past 80 years. Klein's offers fresh seafood from all over the world, and has expanded the business to include two riverfront outdoor bars, an expansive all you care to eat Sunday Brunch buffet, and the ever popular Sushi Bar. The restaurant also hosts private parties and offers an extensive catering menu. Klein's imparts the family flavor to its customers with an embracing, familiar and friendly service style, taking care to assure that each customers needs are properly met. The Fish Market and Waterside Cafe, with its relaxed atmosphere, and The Grill Room's casual upscale restaurant, both feature great dining options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar - Best Restaurants in Belmar ›
Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (63)scenic view (55)great for lunch (34)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (22)kid-friendly (18)great for brunch (14)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (12)romantic (11)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Lovely evening!BuddhagirlDined on 8/25/2014Dined outside with friends. The seafood is fresh and delicious. Our server and his trainee were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for medium qualityPetecooksVIPDined on 8/23/2014Food is higher priced than it should be for the dockside restaurant that Kleins is. The food is good, not great. Prices don't reflect the casual presentation and overall EZ going vibe of the restaurant.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Unfortunately Klein's does not live up to its Shore seafood place to go reputation. This is not the first time that I've eaten there and for the price the quality of the seafood served is way under par. This last visit I ordered a 1 1/4 lb lobster which cost about $24.00. The lobster was like a tough piece of rubber and tasteless. My dinner companion ordered Spaghetti with Clams...super small portion of pasta. Can not recommend this restaurant unless you're looking for a nice view of the bridge over the inlet.
- Best in Bradley BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/20/2014If you love fresh fish and seafood and are able to enjoy a wonderful meal while look at fishing boats going off to catch local fish, you will love Klein's. You know you can count on everything being as good as it gets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Klein'sfitnesschefDined on 8/19/2014The first thing that came to my mind was freshness. The seafood we all had was extremely fresh. The veggies were sauteed to order and al dente. The server was excellent and the view was outstanding. We were all extremely happy with our dinner experience.Special Features:
- Worst visit everlynn325Dined on 8/18/2014I dine at Klein's several times a year and have enjoyed many lobsters there over the years. I have had brunch and lunch, but this was my first dinner. I ordered the clam bake, a dish I have enjoyed numerous times. In the past we were served cole slaw but that did not happen. I did not receive butter or lemon and the waiter was nowhere to be found. I asked a young man cleaning off a table to ask our waiter for butter. The food was lukewarm. Parts of the lobster, already open and cracked, were cold. The small dish for shells was not large enough. We barely saw the server again. His tip reflected the service. The review reflects the food. It is a long drive for me and this meal may force me to find a different source for lobster.
- Out of town guests. . .JenniDDined on 8/14/2014My cousins were visiting from Ohio and Poland. . .so we had a large group, including tweens and teens. The wait staff was efficient and responsive to all requests. We enjoyed the wonderful service, great food and relaxing ambiance. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Fast ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014The best part of our dining experience was how fast the food came! Our main course came within 10-15 minutes after we sat down.Special Features:
- Lobster great, but food lukewarmJDFoodieVIPDined on 8/11/2014I like my food hot and while everything was very good, especially the lobster, all the food was lukewarm at best. As always, the server and manager are very quick to fix this, I'd rather have it right the first time. But we will always return because of the quality of food and amazing staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2014What you'd expect at the Jersey shore from a mid-range restaurant. Certainly not a place I would rush back to if I was not vacationing in the Belmar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great date on the porchFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/4/2014my boyfriend and I went for a drink and a sushi roll. sat on the deck overlooking the bay. great view of the water. very romantic. great service.Special Features:
- Dining at Klein'sRoseDined on 7/30/2014Food was good, the waitress was professional and very pleasant. Our appetizer came late and the waitress apologized and didn't charge us. It was a beautiful evening and being able to sit outside was a plus. Also, the wait wasn't too long. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Tourist trapAl6483Dined on 7/30/2014Only go here for a drink and the nice view. Terrible seafood that is way overpriced. Service was uninspired. We had crab cakes that were undercooked and bland. King crab was not good quality. Go to the Inlet Cafe in Highlands if you want better seafood.Special Features:
- Great ValueEWHelenDined on 7/30/2014My book club of 5 enjoyed happy hour appetizers followed by lobster dinners. Everyone was very pleased with food, atmosphere, value and service.Special Features:
- a told you so moment.......toldUsoDined on 7/24/2014I read the prior reviews before my wife and I dined here. Most of them warned about quality of food vs. the price, poor wait staff due to inexperience, and not offering dining points . Well....... it was all true. I did not listen to the reviews because, let's face it, most are written bu a disgruntaled guest; not the good experiences. Here, I have become on eof them; with good reason. I should have gone with my gut and listened to those reviews. I experienced the same situation that i read about where the appitizers and dinner came out with missing accompanyments . No lemon for the fish and clams, no drawn butter with the steamers and lobster. We had to ask continuoulsy for water refills. Not doing that again.Special Features:
- Could have been betterGmuroloDined on 7/7/2014With reservations I wasn't seated quick enough and also the service wasn't as good as I thought. Food could have been better....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentAV45VIPDined on 7/4/2014A nice place to complete your City Island experience. The food is not great, but ok, I can't complain. I nice view of the marina if you can get a table outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs to be cleaned uplauriebVIPDined on 7/3/2014though this restaurant is a mainstay- it is filthy. i sat outside- with a great water view- but also across from my table was where all the trays and unwanted food was dumped- and also food fell on the floor. leaving the restaurant you can see how dirty the kitchen is- steamers were good and fish was fresh but i wouldnt go back. also the waitress staff is rushing about so much that it is not the least bit relaxing.Special Features:
- Just averageDediedinesoutDined on 7/2/2014We were a bit disappointed in Klein's. When we arrived they didn't have our reservation so we had to wait at the bar. That was nice as it was outside and there was music. The website had said it was 50% off sushi on Wednesdays. We were told that ended in April. We were then seated at the very far end of the dining area and could not hear the music. The food was average. I had a small plate of scallops with potatoes and spinach but when it came it was scallops with rice and no spinach. Ok but not great. We would have chosen the other section of the restaurant but it wasn't offered. We would not go there again.Special Features:
- FinedinerVIPDined on 7/1/2014After placing our order, it took a very long time to be served. The portions that finally were brought out were unbelievably small, much smaller than in the past. Don't go here if hungry.Special Features:
- Ladies NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014A group of girls get together twice a month and we choose different restaurants to go to, and I hit the jackpot , the food and service was great, Our server name was Dylan, he's a college student, he did an outstanding job, we will be back...Special Features:
- Disappointing -OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2014Crab bisque was like mud and tasteless. Service was terrible: couldn't get the drink order correct, was mostly done w lobster when the drawn butter finally arrived.
- Another nice visitOldboy01Dined on 6/24/2014Food and service were very good. The special was just ok but other dishes were up to snuff.Special Features:
- food and priceshoresideDined on 6/23/2014Way overpriced. Ahi tuna was overcooked, flounder was better at a local bar. The sushi was excellent however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor dining and foodFeedURbodyrightVIPDined on 6/16/2014Klein's never disappoints! If weather is good, seating outside is a must! While service is very good it's hard to be outstanding, as they get very busy!Special Features:
- Lunch at docksideKrimDined on 6/9/2014The service was great the food was served in a friendly timely manner. All of the dishes for our party of seven were eye appealing and goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the triplynn325Dined on 6/8/2014I have been there many times and usually order the clam bake. It is the perfect dish for me. Lobster, clams, mussels, shrimp, and scallops. The service has gotten sloppy and uneven. Even though we had a trainee as well as a regular server we had to wait for several things. The cole slaw and bread is usually delivered before the entree. It was not. I asked for extra napkins and wet ones several times. My iced tea was refilled. Nice! The servers had trouble with the table next to us as they sent everything back. I felt like I was watching a sitcom. It is nice to watch the boats, train, and cars go by. Definitely worth the trip.Special Features:
- Wonderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014The service here is great, the food is also really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Setting is great, but food just okDFlappsVIPDined on 5/26/2014If you want outdoor seating on a sunny beach day with a cool breeze, this is your place. The food is marginal though, especially for the price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2014They did not have reservations for Memorial Day even though Open Table allowed me to make one. Thankfully Klein's was awesome and honored our reservation.Special Features:
- consistentamisfitkidDined on 5/25/2014l always have Sunday brunch. Consistently good although this Sunday the service wasn't as good as it usually is. Took server very long time to greet us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kleins for a seafood treatjasonVIPDined on 5/18/2014Fresh seafood well prepared, friendly greeting and service, reasonable prices. A Jersey shore treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014This was my second visit at Klein's Fish Market and I just don't see what all the fuss is about. The fish is good, I wouldn't say great. Everything else is just ok at best. The sides, vegetables, service are not anything special. This time, I tried the pesto scallops. Scallops were cooked ok, the "risotto" that they come with was just overcooked/under seasoned mushy rice. Hubby's halibut was pretty good, the potato cake was under seasoned and the side of vegetables were the most bland we've had in recent memory. I understand that their focus is on the fish, but they need to pay a little more attention to the rest of the plate...especially since the fish isn't that exceptional either. The wait staff isn't the most attentive. Skip it.Special Features:
- Very disappointeddvg1027Dined on 5/17/2014Place is not like it use to be. Had to ask for lemon, wasabi, rolls, butter. Very stingy on everythingSpecial Features:
- Had a nice fresh seafoor meal.Food2LiveDined on 5/13/2014We were a party of four and thought it would be a nice night to sit outside so we headed for Klein's and it didn't disappoint any of us. The young server was new but she did a wonderful job filling us in with all the specials and the meal accompiaments. For a water front restaurant with it's own fish market we thought the prices were fair.Special Features:
- Disappointing!mekbDined on 5/4/2014The four of us were very disappointed with our experience. Found out later that a co-worked had been there and would not go back either.
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014We loved the atmosphere and the food was good. The shrimp and corn bisque was delicious and would order that again.Special Features:
- The following 283 reviews are from the Klein's Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room and Sushi Bar reviews archive.
- Icing on the CakeDisappointingDined on 4/27/2014We have dined at Kleins before and the food is usually fair but the ambience is why we go. We went for my father's 70th birthday and had reservations two weeks in advance. When we arrived our table was set for 9 and we were 7, the menus and place settings were just thrown in the middle, our table was very visibly titled. Our food was fair except for my daughter's mussels which were bad so they took them off our tab and the salad was over soaked in dressing. We brought a gluten free cake and found the person who checked us in tasting it in the kitchen, licking the knife he was using to cut the cake!!! Also never received our Open table points for reservation either- icing on the cake:-)
- FIRST TIME A CHARMOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014This was recommended by a friend to try dinner here we arrived and were welcomed immediately Appetizers were great. Bam bam shrimp were delish our wives split 2 of the " small portion" and just barely finished them. I had the fried shrimp platter that was excellent no room for dessert though. Would highly recommend but make sure you get reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/22/2014a large seafood restaurant complex with fresh raw bar offerings and other options befitting the location.Special Features: