New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kittichairestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2122192000x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00am - 11:00am Daily * Weekend Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:30am - 3:00pm * Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday 6:00pm - 10:00pm / Thursday, Friday & Saturday 6:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Set in the heart of Manhattan’s Soho district, 60 Thompson, a 100 room boutique hotel, offers 3 unique spaces for social and corporate events, from breakfast meetings and luncheons, private dinners and cocktail receptions, to high profile media events, holiday parties and wedding receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Susan 8772360508
- Special Events: *DINNER PRIX-FIXE 3-Course $35 Sunday & Monday, 5:30pm - 11:00pm Tuesday - Saturday, 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- Cross Street: between Broome and Spring Street
- Public Transit: C/E,Spring Street * 6,Spring Street * N/R,Prince Street * 1,Canal Street
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Sam Parking 360 West Broadway (bet. Spring & Grand) 212.966.6774 Varick Street Garage 111-115 Varick Street 212.675.3719
A word from Kittichai
A poised Thai inspired design of dark wood, swags of jewel toned silk, and an orchid filled reflecting pool, set the scene for Kittichai's cutting edge take on authentic Thai cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kittichai reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (56)special occasion (50)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (28)hot spot (25)neighborhood gem (21)great for outdoor dining (18)great for brunch (17)late-night find (11)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Pleasantly surprisedahenry1211Dined on 8/14/2014Picked this place because of restaurant week, and really enjoyed it! Took my hubby who hates trying new things and he even liked it! My 3 year old son was well behaved but didn't eat much and my girlfriend thought it was a bit watered downed for her Thai expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too cool for schoolOneginVIPDined on 8/12/2014I arrived at 7pm for an 8pm reservation. Open Table had reservations for 7:15,7:30,7:45 so I figured I was good. The host confirmed they could seat me in "just a few min." I checked in every 10 minutes, and they didn't have a table ready. It was always "just a few more minutes." Finally, after 35 minutes, I asked to eat at the bar. The bar guy said he'd have to check. 10 minutes later (the bar wasn't busy), he was apparently still checking. After 45 minutes, I threw in the napkin. would rather eat gravel than deal with such abysmal service. When I spoke to the manager, he said "but you were an hour early." Then why did you say you could accomodate? I would have been fine waiting for the res. . .Special Features:
- Bad serviceFoodiesDined on 8/8/2014Very disappointed as the waiter dropped a cocktail glass on my friend!! Her dress and handbag got very wet. They should have offered a dry cleaning voucher but didn't even offer a discount.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014Came in for dinner during restaurant week. Food was pretty good, but service was terrible. I ordered a martini which was served to me in a wine glass because they "ran out of martini glasses" - this is an upscale restaurant, that seemed weird to me. Also did the wine pairing (thinking we would have time to sip on our cocktails before the 1st course came out, but the martinis, wine and appetizers all arrived at once) and not only did the waitress not tell us what wine's she was serving us, she didn't even know what they were when we asked! I'm not sure if it's because we ordered from the restaurant week menu, but we felt very rushed. (And even though it was R.W., we still had a $200 tab for 2 of us.) Also, no T.P. or soap in the bathroom!
- Overpriced and saltyNYfoodieDined on 8/7/2014Overall the food was incredibly salty and because of that many dishes were not edible. The drinks were overpriced and the martinis were served in a wine glass filled less than halfway.
- Came here for dinner with a friendlivetoeatDined on 8/5/2014and we both left feeling extremely disappointed. Kittichai had an impressive modern interior and gave off an upscale vibe, so we came in thinking that the food and service would live up to our expectations. Au contraire...the service was poor, not so much in the attitudes of the waiters but in the fact that we had no idea who our server was. I think we had 3 or 4 different people serving us throughout the night. Not to mention, the food we ordered from the Restaurant Week menu disappointed us the most. I've had much more satisfying food at cheaper hole-in-the-wall Thai restaurants. The restaurant was also way too quiet. If it weren't for the party of 11 that came in a few minutes after us, the restaurant would've seemed dead.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekMindWineDined on 8/4/2014My girlfriend and I came here for a Prix-Fixed restaurant week menu and were thoroughly satisfied by the food. Unfortunately, the waitress was extremely apathetic, did not seem enthused, and botched my order, but the food was good enough that I didn't care. The sub-par service ruined my experience, not to mention the waitress didn't seem too enthused about answering menu-related questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceGetMeOnTopVIPDined on 8/4/2014Took a business associate, it also was restaurant week, everything was excellent, suburb service. Portions we nice and quality excellent!Special Features:
- Poor serviceSwissgirlsDined on 8/2/2014Firstly, we arrived 10min later than the booking schedule, we apologized but they made us wait 10 more minutes. So finally we got the table at 20:30 instead of 20h, that's the first I didn't understand as they told me there was no available table for 20:30 but only for 20h. Then we had a tall girl giving us the menu but she was not really sympathetic. I asked for a stir fried rice with tofu and veggies and received stir fried tofu. I asked to change, then I received a stir fried rice with sausages in it. It took almost all our diner long to finally receive what I ordered. It's good to will begin a luxury and trendy place, but service should be as high as their pretentions. It doesn't worth it. Try their rooftop, much better!
- Loved every aspect of itElGatoDanDined on 7/29/2014Went for restaurant week. Great food and great ambiance. Had a great time overall.Special Features:
- DisappointedNatDLDined on 7/28/2014Unfortunately this restaurant did not live up to my expectations. Kittichai bills itself as an upmarket restaurant and it does have a very plush interior. It impresses superficially. However, I did not like the attitude of the staff. I felt that they held a superior attitude towards me but they could not adequately inform me about the menu when I asked some questions. Also, on arrival we were left waiting 10 minutes for our table yet when we were taken through there were many tables for two available. Odd. So, the food does not deliver. The service does not deliver. To be honest, I have had much better Thai food from smaller less fancy establishments on 9th avenue. I will not return or recommend Kittichai.
- Trendy foodie spotFoodmdDined on 7/28/2014Had the tasting menu. Excellent and very filling. Service was a touch slow. Great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay experiencehforhelenDined on 7/27/2014I've been here a couple of times already and I've always loved the food, but this time, it really didn't live up to expectations. I'm not sure if it was a different person making the food, but it definitely wasn't as good as I remembered. Not worth the money.
- Great Selection for our AnniversaryDiegoDined on 7/25/2014Great food, delicious cocktails and the service was amazing. We loved the pond in the center of the restaurant and the overall decorations made it a very romantic dinning experience.Special Features:
- faebu77Dined on 7/25/2014At same table it's not possible to choose the menue for 3 people and for the other 3 people a la carte.
- Amazing foodJohnVIPDined on 7/25/2014Try the skirt steak and green curry. All great, no complaints. Those were 5-stars, but the organic chicken was just okay. Ambiance was a little too quiet for my liking, maybe some music would spice the place up a bit. Although really romantic if you just want some one on on time with your loverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lousy dinnerKaraVIPDined on 7/24/2014Bad, slow service, warm prosecco, twice. Food was very mediocre - wanna be thai. Not coming back
- woofoosVIPDined on 7/24/2014After an absence of a number of years, I am so glad to find that the quality and service has held up and the ambience is as lush and sexy as I remembered. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnificentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014This restaurant has an amazing atmosphere and quality service. Nice calm ambiance with unique seating arrangements. The food was absolutely amazing! From appetizer, to dessert and drinks, everything tasted great. I would go back at least once a week to get the chili smoked hanger steak. Outstanding flavors, great portion and just yummy! I recommend this restaurant to anyone that likes Thai food or is willing to try something new. Definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fusionfantastikOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014always reliably interesting and unusual food treats for a night out. Not as trendy as in the past, but still four-star in our regard. Remember to check for spiciness of choices (if you're sensitive). Favorite of ours is the stick rice dssert.Special Features:
- KittichaiDinaDined on 7/22/2014Good food, good scenery - hostess was kind of cold (like we were annoying her) and the waitress was kind of pushy when we needed a minute or two to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happy about the serviceFrenchieDined on 7/21/2014First we had a lady server that was speaking very fast and looked angry when I told her to slow down, then she disapeared and we waited a long time before being able to order the food and we got an indian man who was nice but added 20% service to the bill without asking which I always hate because this is what they do to stupid tourists... The food was OK but very spicy
- Restaurant Weekcampy23Dined on 7/21/2014Went for restaurant week on a Monday - wasn't too packed but enough people there so it didn't feel empty. Got a few specialty cocktails to start which were all delicious. The pre-fix menu was mostly good, except the fish was a really small portion. The apps were all great.Special Features:
- Great Night!RossDined on 7/19/2014This was our second time eating at Kittichai and it was every bit as good as the first time we visited. As an added bonus, we were allowed up to the beautiful rooftop bar afterwards, which was the perfect way to end the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014I found Kittichai on one of the internet's many "10 such ans such best lists." I love brunch, and a Thai flavored one was up my alley. Reservations were easy too book. The food was delicious. I had the pancakes, and my boyfriend had the eggs Benedict. We also tried the prawn cakes (skimpy size but tasty) and their bacon. Everything was full of flavor, and man, my pancakes were light and fluffy I swear I was eating a delicious cloud. If you can, sit outside. Then inside is horrendously loud.Special Features:
- BrunchbwactorDined on 7/19/2014I went on a Saturday for brunch, and it was surprisingly not busy. While this worried me, I figured I'd stay and give the place a shot. The staff was very friendly, and the hostess/ waitress we had always kept our bottomless drinks refilled. For $25, you can get bottomless lychee belinis, blood orange mimosas, or bloody marys and a brunch entree (I got an egg white omelet with curried potatoes. Everything seemed fresh and nicely cooked). We sat outside, and it was lovely under their gorgeous outdoor seating area. I was impressed all around and surprised it wasn't busier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great.Andrew0401Dined on 7/15/2014Been there for 2 times, and yes, food is still the same, yummy. Service is OK. will absolutely be back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TigerVIPDined on 7/12/2014it looks like its shutting down !!! learnt that when we were at the restaurant ....sad lossSpecial Features:
- Wonderful all around!vguerrero1Dined on 7/12/2014From the moment we walked in we were impressed! Beautiful decor, outdoor area, and waiting lounge. They were very nice about waiting for the rest of our party to arrive, and seated us promptly when they did. We did the $25 brunch special and very much feel like we received our moneys worth! The staff were all incredibly nice, knowledgeable, and on top of their game.Special Features:
- Pretty goodchowdownDined on 7/9/2014Went here on a low-key date night with a Groupon. We started with the Snapper Sashimi appetizer (cilantro-tamarind vinaigrette, candied cashews, trout roe), which was delicious. He had the scallops. Presentation was wonderful but they were not to my liking. (soft puffs of creaminess sitting on wooden spoons) Our mains were the duck 2-ways and Mahi mahi. The boyfriend was not a big fan of the overpowering ginger/curry flavor of the Mahi mahi. I enjoyed my duck. We also had the Riesling which was refreshing. Dessert was delicious, I had the Thai "Affogato". Hit the spot since I was craving some coffee. Ambiance was great, we sat by the little indoor "pond" with floating candles. Waitress was nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodDamarisseVIPDined on 7/3/2014Food is extraordinary. Best Thai food I've tried in NY and 2nd best in my life. Creative and unique cuisine. Modern and elegant ambiance. Service was not as good as food. My suggestions: mushroom dumplings, Seabass with soy and brown sugar sauce, snapper with curry (hot).Special Features:
- Usually great, service was hortibleSunilVIPDined on 7/3/2014I have been here many times! I have never experienced such abominable, inattentive and downright neigent service! Forgot to put in order, repeatedly having to remind what we asked, billed for food never ordered or never delivered! No apologies after patiently explaining the situation! Not going there again, nor recommending it to anyone!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2014I've been taking friends to Kittichai for about a year and a half. We always have a great time- love the food, the atmosphere and the bottomless brunch! This was the first and only time the service has been poor. All of the other times the service has been great so this one bad experience won't stop me from going- I just hope that was a one time thing! It happens. Otherwise, our experiences at Kittichai weekend brunch are fabulous and continues to be a great tradition among my local and out-of-state friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rats outside! & Slow serviceNYCFoodieGalVIPDined on 6/28/2014We were enjoying the outdoor seating until we heard rats squeaking behind the trellis on the deck. It's NYC and rats love here but it was really unnerving. Service was slow as they were slammed with parties. Staff are models not waiters!
- Dinner for bachelorette partyRegretfulDined on 6/28/2014We were a party of five celebrating our friend's bachelorette & all ordered the tasting menu w/wine pairing. Our waitress came over maybe once to check if we were ok. We were seated closest to kitchen. If there's one thing I HATE it's being seated next to the bathroom or kitchen esp when the reservation was made a week in advance. Not to mention there were so many other empty tables close to the lili pond. It was a bit insulting. I regret paying $500+ in a resto where we are put in the least desireable area of the restaurant for a table of 4 w/an extra chair (yup! classless). I would love to take my friends & fam who come to visit NYC here but I wouldn't give business to kittichai after a slap in the face experience.Special Features:
- Not your average thaiKellyDined on 6/27/2014If you have a seafood allergy this is not the restaurant for you
- Great BrunchChazJDined on 6/21/2014It was really great to come here for brunch. I really loved the decor. The food was good but i should've stuck to thai. I hadeggs benedict which had thai flavors but didnt mesh well with the western food. Nonetheless it was still good. Would go back again. Really great bloody mary!!Special Features:
- Awesome PlaceSamGDined on 6/14/2014This was my fourth time at this place in less then 2 years. The ambience is still great. But I would mention that the food quality has definitely changed. I wouldn't particularly say that it has deteriorated but has definitely changed. This time it was all vegetarian fare. I would recommend their Carrot Croquette, they were amazing. We ordered pretty much all the veg dishes (they only had 5 options). My friends loved it, for me it was different. Would I go again? Maybe!! Not sure, unless the food quality improves tremendously. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kittichai is going down!AlfredoneDined on 6/12/2014This was one of my favourite fix price lunch restaurants last year. Now they do not offer anymore such opportunity! They allow 35 dollars fix price dinner only until 7:30 pm. !! We were there at 8:00 pm, we spent a lot of money for almost nothing. I hope they will get back to last year setting!Special Features:
- Rude Management, Subpar FooddelectableVIPDined on 6/11/2014Asian Restaurant Month (ARM) was advertised on OpenTable so we decided to go to Kittichai for the advertised $35 prix-fixed three course dinner. We walk into the beautiful restaurant and asked to be seated outside because it was a lovely night. Waitress comes by and we ask about the special for ARM. She says that menu is only valid until 7:30pm. Confused, we asked her to send the manager over. In the meantime, we looked for terms but on OpenTable and Kittichai website but found nothing. The manager came over and we explained to him that we were there for the $35 ARM menu. He was extremely rude and said he didn't even know what ARM was that he couldn't do it. When it came down to it, the food was subpar and I would not return.Special Features: