Kitchen A Bistro
404 N Country Road
Saint James, NY 11780Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Kitchen A Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kitchenabistro.com/
- Phone: 6318620151
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Monday-Sunday 5:30-9:00
Lunch Monday thur friday 12:00-2:00
- Payment Options: Cash Only
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Eric Lomando
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Wine
- Catering: We are capable of handling all of your catering needs, from a small gathering at your house to a large wedding at the vineyard. We look forward to the opportunity to customize a menu and service plan for your special event.
A word from Kitchen A Bistro
We welcome you to Kitchen A Bistro to sample our seasonal market inspired contemporary French bistro cuisine. The restaurant has received numerous accolades including being voted the top french bistro on Long Island by Zagat. We offer a casual fine dinning experience and invite you to our Kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kitchen A Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (3)special occasion (3)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- need for improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014KB may be substantially improved if the parking is hidden from the patio by some light walls. The food is excellent, but the deserts were not all OK. The service was kind of slow for a BISTRO. The music guitar and singer were the best. but started one and more hour later. it was announce life music, piano in the patio. If there will be a "piano" obviously it would be only a keyboard. The servant should be better dressed.White wine should be served in a cooler/bucket, without the need to specially asking for it. Chairs in the patio may have tiny cushions. If the patio is covered by a gazebo it can be protected from an unexpected rain. The no-cork-fee is tempting. The bistro may become a wonderful place with the suggested improvements.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceIrishguy331Dined on 6/5/2014Came here with my girlfriend and we were Very impressed by the food and service. The hostess was able to accommodate our corner table request, which made the experience that much more enjoyable. Our server, Daniel, was incredibly professional and knowledgable. Daniels assistant was also professional and attentive. The squid ink pasta was a little on the bland side but solid nonetheless. Charcuterie appetizer was delectable. Both the duck and the duo of lamb were phenomenal, and both dishes were the highlight of our respective meals. Dessert was just lackluster, as the chocolate banana creme brûlée cake was a bit dry, but the service and other 2 courses made up for that. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 177 reviews are from the Kitchen A Bistro reviews archive.
- Great FindBobyank7VIPDined on 5/31/2014We finally got to try Kitchen A Bistro and what a find it is. The food was excellent and served promptly by an attentive wait staff. I had the signature dish, duck which was outstanding and my wife had the duo Lamb which was also excellent. Our appetizers, arctic char and egg salad were unusual and delicious. The only negative was sitting at a table by the kitchen door which was a bit annoying as traffic walked in and out of the kitchen but other than that, it was a perfect meal.Special Features:
- Byob and be happygre8tVIPDined on 5/31/2014This is the fourth set of friends I have brought5 To Kitchen a Bistro. Did not disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen a Maestro!Perkalator1Dined on 5/24/2014Eric is a fantastic chef and his food always delights. We had our wedding here 4 years ago and we come back each year for our anniversary. The food is fantastic and subtlely sophisticated. The main course portions are generous given the high quality of food and you'll never go home hungry. Above all, Jackie and Gene provide superior service in such a casual and friendly way. You'll leave here wondering why you haven't been here move often and anxiously await your return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate Graduation Dinner FeteRedRiversDined on 5/22/2014Ten adults and a two year old had an outstanding dinner celebrating a PHD graduation. Sophisticated without an attitude.Special Features:
- Another marvelous mealcyberdermDined on 5/21/2014A med school grad dinner for 6. Brought our own wine and bubbly and no corkage fee. Service attentive but not suffocating. Staff pleasant and informative. Will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJTSNDined on 5/18/2014The food is the major reason for going to Kitchen A Bistro. Quality ingredients carefully and imaginatively prepared. The price fix is a good choice and the fact that you can bring your own wine (although they do have wine and drinks now) makes it reasonable in terms of costs. They only take cash or check and the service is casual/laid back/sometimes slow but very friendly. However, great meals that are relatively affordable by Long Island standards make it a very worthwhile destination.Special Features:
- topnotchDined on 5/17/2014They have a good wine list but you also have the option of bringing your own with no corkage fee. They are very helpful with this, bringing appropriate glasses and ice buckets if necessary. They also make it easy by having a fixed price menu which changes daily.This makes for a lovely meal without the expense of wines added to the bill making this a very reasonable restaurant with very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014We love this place. Always friendly staff, great food and a wide selection of interesting entrees and appetizers. Simply one of the best places not only in Long Island but anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerJCMLDined on 5/11/2014Another outstanding dinner at Bistro. Happy to say the noise level was slightly less than on our last visit. If the ambiance was more appropriate for good conversation this would be a weekly Friday night diner spot for my wife and I. Love than you can still bring your own wine. Love the food and the changing menu. Wish the outside dining could somehow filter out the noise from 25A, would be fun during the nice weather. Great place for a very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menuFood123Dined on 5/10/2014Menu at kitchen never fails. I'm always impressed with the unique food and how the chef pairs different items together. Staff is always kind and friendly. This night they were pretty busy, I had to ask for more water 2 times and for lemons from 3 different people. All in a pleasent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014I was disappointed the night I was there. I have eaten at Kitchen many times, usually a satisfying and delicious experience. Perhaps the chef had an off night and this was an anomaly.Special Features:
- Long Island GemEvaengVIPDined on 5/8/2014A truly excellent restaurant. The food is great, the menu changes with the seasons and you can bring your own wine. No credit cards!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, awesome serviceManorvilleDinerDined on 5/4/2014Fabulous food, among the best we have experienced at nearly any price range. Service friendly and helpful, not intrusive. Suited for foodies and those who appreciate nuanced offerings. Quality ingredients and preparation, visually attractive. Can hardly say enough about the experience. And it's BYOB no corkage, so you can bring your faves and pick which to open based on your selections. Awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSbalzaDined on 5/4/2014Consistently amazing! Delicious food and excellent service. A must to go to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in executionLIgirlDined on 5/4/2014Reservations are definitely recommended, especially during restaurant week. We were seated immediately. The hostess was very pleasant. One of the waitstaff immediately asked us if we wanted sparkling of tap water which was appreciated. The rest of the service was very laid back. This is not a restaurant for an in and out meal. You are allowed to enjoy your food, your wine, and your company. The wine list was quite nice with many choices under $40. We each had a 3-course meal. There is an option for a 4-course meal as well. The roasted beat salad and the baked chicken entree were phenomenal. Everything else we tried was cooked perfectly -asparagus, broccoli rabe, pasta. We left very satisfied. Note-cash or check onlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousYummyDined on 5/3/2014We only waited a few minutes to get seated with reservations. The staff was extremely attentive. My boyfriend and I eat here frequently. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavors!ZoefoodieVIPDined on 5/2/2014Amazing fusion of food! Explosion of flavors in your mouth! The restaurant week menu put a spotlight on every dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real findBIPPIDined on 5/1/2014Went to Kitchen A Bistro during restaurant week on Long Island. We were 4 people and all thought the food was extraordinary. Even though we live a distance away, would certainly return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- long wait to be seatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2014we waited over 30 minutes to be seated for our reservation. Once seated the food and service was very good. We were glad that we didn't walk out after 25 minutes of waiting. This never happened before so we were surprised. It was a week night and not a weekend so not sure what happened. I still would recommend because the food was very good.Special Features:
- Always amazinglacaciDined on 4/30/2014Probably our favorite local restaurant. The food is consistently outstanding and the service both friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week dinnerJCMLDined on 4/29/2014As always the food at Bistro was excellent. Service is attentive and pace of service is well done. Only continuing complaint is the noise level. Probably too many tables in a small space. Plus the patrons seem not to be schooled in the concept of "inside voice". Takes away from what should be an excellent dining experience. And this was on a Tuesday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodNickMDined on 4/29/2014Went there 2 nights ago and the service and food was great. Seemed like an older crowd but we went pretty early at 5pm. Interior could probably use an bit updating but overall very pleased.
- Best place everKarenLDined on 4/28/2014My husband and I have been going to Kitchen for years. The food and service is amazing. We went during the week for our anniversary dinner but we normally come with a group of six during the weekend. This is our go to place and its a plus that you can bring your own wine! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Kitchen A Bistro. They constantly receive high ratings whenever they are reviewed and all of the accolades are definitely well deserved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goat cheese loversDeniseDined on 4/28/2014If you love goat cheese as much as I do then you will love the beggars purse filled with roasted veggies and a big chunk of goat cheese sitting on top a tasty sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent french food at K a Bistrolaura12Dined on 4/28/2014Tables are CLOSE together! Lamb sugo - fantastic , asparagus with sauce WOW! , potato ramp sou- creamy, Duck leg wonderful -The beef brisket was a bit dry excellent; the chicken ( organic braised) tasted of butter so I assume it was cooked in butter! . very nicely nuanced flavors that do not overwhelm the actual item. Desserts- don't bother with the coconut lime cake with mango sorbet( too bland and dry!) but the tapioca pudding with strawberries and rhubarb was outstanding !Also, my partner enjoyed the caramel chocolate pudding that was excellent ( with caramelized bananas! ) OMG! and the chocolate lava cake was the usual. I have had better elsewhere on the last item. Make sure you have cash or a check- they don't take credit cards!Special Features:
- The food could gave been better.heycarolDined on 4/27/2014It waa resaurant week. It wa so noisy you couldn't carry on a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen a Bistro is wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2014Fantastic meal...3 people in our party, all 3 enjoyed everything we ate. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eeknessVIPDined on 4/26/2014Service was sloppy. My husband and I ordered the same entree, but my portion was much larger than his. I also found the dish too acidic (pork tenderloin), but it was still good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Restaurant With a Special VibeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014Located in Jamestown, Kitchen A Bistro offers an intimate dining experience, one that blends the bustle of downtown NYC with a classy upstate B&B. The service is polite, warm and spot-on with their timing. The menu is brief but ample in choice. Most important, the food is excellent, cooked with precision.Special Features:
- GREAT SERVICE/ GREAT FOODpeace31Dined on 4/25/2014if you have never been to this restaurant you must go the food is amazing the staff is outstanding Eric chef and owner always comes up with more amazing dishes .Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!NYgellaDined on 4/24/2014I've been dinning here for years and I'm always impressed. There is always new dishes on the menu to try and I'm never disappointed. Very creative menu with flavor that work together.Special Features:
- GIFTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014Lovely setting and outstanding and attentive attention. Menu was varied and different and food preparation perfection. My friends and I had a fabulous meal and fabulous evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experienceanon402Dined on 4/19/2014Just a great night from start to finish at Kitchen. All 4 courses were great , with the Beef Tartare, Short Ribs and Lemon Tart being exceptional. Service was attentive without being overbearing. We never felt rushed as the dining room filled up, and the time between courses was spot on. Kitchen gets all the little things right in the dining room while still paying closest attention to what comes out of the kitchen. Always worth the 1 hour drive for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodKnightOfNiVIPDined on 4/19/2014Well prepared and very tasty. Good portions. Our food came out luke-warm, which shouldn't have happened, but if that's the worst problem, I can somewhat overlook it. Our server was very knowledgeable and we appreciated that. We'll go back (we've probably been there 10 times). Love the BYOW concept... we drink well and if we had to pay 2.5x retail, the bill would be much higher. Strong value and very good food. We prefer it over Ortos' (their sister restaurant), but by a slim margin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and no corkage feeMjcdoolsDined on 4/18/2014Great, interesting food and the fact that you dont have to buy an $80 bottle of wine allows you to try more dishes.Special Features:
- FabulousLINancyVIPDined on 4/12/2014Our dinner was delicious, as always. We were celebrating our anniversary and they were very accommodating to us...Our waitress was very attentive and knew her menu. I had the duck breast which was outstanding and my husband had the pork tenderloin...excellent! It was a tad noisy, but not overly so. Can't wait to go back in the summer, I love having their vegetables from the garden...such a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014My husband and I attended kitchen a bistro on Saturday night. We chose the chefs tasting menu and did not regret it one but! Awesome food and service. Only flaw was it was a little noisy, but did not take away from the dining experience. Definitely NOT a place I would take my kids:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this place. ServiceMattyballs4211Dined on 4/5/2014Loved this place. Service was excellent, friendly, welcoming staff. The ambiance was cozy, but could use a face lift.the food was a little under seasoned for my taste, but well executed. I would definitly return. I wanted to try everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.