Kitaro Grill and Sushi Lounge
1224 State Street
Lemont, IL 60439Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Kitaro Grill and Sushi Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gokitaro.com/
- Phone: 6302572205
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Saturday - Sunday: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Monday - Thursday: 5:00 PM to 9:30 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Sunday: 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Japanese
- Executive Chef: John Yi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Contact Carrie Yi for more information of catering (630) 257-2205
- Entertainment: We offer private Karaoke on Friday & Saturday from 10 PM to 12 AM. Please call us at (630) 257 - 2205 for more information.
A word from Kitaro Grill and Sushi Lounge
John Yi, the owner and executive chef of KITARO, combines his 30 years experience in traditional Japanese cuisine with Asian fusion influences to create modern, healthy and unique flavors in every dish. The Signature dishes include Seared Tuna, flash seared sesame pepper encrusted yellow fin tuna served with avocado, onion and cherry tomato set in citrus soy; Japanese seared steak, thinly sliced N.Y. steak served with spring mix and Japanese yuzu sauce and Chilean Sea Bass with sweet miso. The Sushi Bar features a variety of fresh fish and an extensive selections of Specialty Rolls, among which, the "Forbidden Rice", "Lobster Hot Mama", "Black Belt" and "Hangover" are some of the must have. The Sushi is fresh as is all the seafood. The lounge offers a variety of Asian inspired Martinis, full liquor, sake & wine list. The atmosphere is elegant, soothing, and romantic, great place for couples, families & business meetings. We would love to provide you with a memorable dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kitaro Grill and Sushi Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- If I lived closer.......Dinner53VIPDined on 7/26/2014I would be there once a week. Love the creativity and energy displayed in their work.Special Features:
- The following 23 reviews are from the Kitaro Grill and Sushi Lounge reviews archive.
- MarandTerDined on 5/1/2014GREAT as always! We introduced some friends to Kitaro and they loved it!Special Features:
- MarandTerDined on 4/22/2014Great, great, great! What more can I say!? We have eaten at Kitaro numerous times and the most impressive thing about it is the consistent high quality food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant in LemontRenatoDined on 3/15/2014Beautiful decor, low noise level, excellent food from the hot menu items. Service was very prompt and friendly. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fat Tuesday FantasticMarandTerDined on 3/4/2014If you celebrate Fat Tuesday or not going to Kitaro for the 5 course Bento Box for $25 was quite a treat! The choices were great and each course was better than the last one. The owner graciously treated us to a wonderful lemon dessert because they were so busy but the service was as good as usual! The Hibachi filet and salmon were outstanding!! Good dinner to kick off the Lenten season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End Sushi is SW SuburbsCasualDinerVIPDined on 2/26/2014Always love coming to Kitaro. High end Sushi, as good as anything in Downtown Chicago right here in the southwest suburbs. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not special.Kato7Dined on 2/22/2014A wide variety offered on menu, but small portions. I heard a lot about this place, but not overly impressed. Waitress was pleasant. Coats hang on sides of booths which blocks view to look around. It's a bit pricey and you don't get a lot.
- I HEART Kitaro!MarandTerDined on 2/15/2014We have eaten (and done carry-out) at Kitaro many, many times and it is always superb but this Valentine's dinner this past weekend for $88/couple was outstanding! The 5 course meal was way beyond my expectations and I got to choose a couple different items that I don't usually get because I get my comfort food instead. The Short Ribs and Chilean Sea Bass were to die for! If you aren't a fan of Sushi there are so many other things you can order but give the Maki rolls a try.....they are fantastic. The key to the great food is high quality, always fresh ingredients and superb cooking by Chef John! My only complaint is that I was too full to have one of the intriguing dessert martinis! Thanks to Kitaro for a memorable Valentine's Day dinner!!Special Features:
- Bring Snacks for the WaitCharlesDined on 12/30/2013It took over an hour for us to get our two sushi rolls we ordered as appetizers. By the time they got there we ate our appetizer and got our check. Other tables were also complaining about the slow service and the few staff that were there were constantly having to apologize for the slow kitchen. Maybe it was an off night, but the management did a terrible job handling it and I will not be back. Save yourself the frustration and go to the Burger King across the lot.
- Love, love, love the sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2013Love, love, love the sushi and desserts! It is a bit expensive but usually worth it. Get on the email list and utilize the coupons/deals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Every TimeToddRADined on 7/13/2013This was my 3rd visit to Kitaro. It was originally recommended by a friend who loved their sushi. Their sushi selection is amazing and they do have something for everyone. I brought a date here this past Saturday night who had never tried sushi before. After trying it, she has been converted! They are a little pricey, but well worth it. The flavor and presentation of the food is phenomenal. The restaurant is a hidden gem in a strip mall that most people wouldn't give a second thought to. If you are in the area, you really need to try it and you will be a believer too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi hot spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2013I loved the sushi and crab rangoon at Kitaro! Everything on the menu is interesting and the service was great. The dining area is elegent and well kept. I was impressed with the quality of the sushi and the tuna was fresh. I believe Kitaro will become one of my favorite sushi locations. There is one drawback though, the sushi is expensive and around fifteen dollars a roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we love Kitaro! The fish isBusinessDinerDined on 6/17/2013we love Kitaro! The fish is always fresh and the rolls are very innovative. Great service also!!Special Features:
- Very good sushi, but city pricesKeergsquinDined on 5/19/2013The sushi and drinks were very good, especially the pepperjack. Our waiter was great! The only surprise was the prices were comparable to one of favorite high end sushi restaurants in Chicago. A dinner for two with drinks came to Around $130. Should come down a bit on prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitDinner53VIPDined on 5/17/2013My husband was hesitant if a sushi place would be better in Lemont than Orland Park or on the same level and just a longer dirve. He was surprised, satisfied and raved. Wonderful menu selections and it was difficult to decide what to try. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every trip to Kitaro includesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/25/2013Every trip to Kitaro includes delicious food (best sushi in the area) and great service. We love Kitaro and eagerly await our next trip.Special Features:
- Always a great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2013We cannot say enough about the quality of food at Kitaro. Fresh and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemLadylouDined on 1/30/2013Super fresh sushi and maki. Try the Blackhawks rollSpecial Features:
- I've been visiting KitaroFrancoisVIPDined on 1/19/2013I've been visiting Kitaro regularly since it first opened and have never been disappointed. The sushi is fresh and skillfully presented but my personal favorite is the Chilean Sea Bass; absolutely delicious. The servers are attentive and knowledgeable and the hostess, (the chef's wife) is delightful. The wine list is limited but well chosen with several affordable selections.Special Features:
- We've eaten at Kitaro manyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/29/2012We've eaten at Kitaro many times and it's always delicious. I can't wait to return again.Special Features:
- If the definition of insanityswrdfsh53VIPDined on 12/19/2012If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting a different result, then lock me up. I keep trying to like this place and each time I encounter service issues and poor value. Very nice atmosphere- zen-like. But even though there were few patrons, I still was not offered a drink refill, nor did we see the server much. Food quality is always good but the portions are small for the price. A small sushi special is about $19 for just a few pieces of fish. I keep trying to like this place but just can't get there.
- 1st class diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Kitaro is a 1st class Restaurant. Anyone who thinks you need to go into the City for great sushi has never been to Kitaro. The service is great. The food is always fresh and delicious and affordable. Give Kitaro a try you won't be sorry.Special Features:
- Kitaro's was fantastic! ThemladyVIPDined on 12/13/2012Kitaro's was fantastic! The sushi was so fresh and the service was outstanding. The chef is extremly creative with his presentaion of the meals, we will be going back again soon! Can't wait.Special Features:
- Never Fails To Underwhelm.swrdfsh53VIPDined on 8/10/2012Best: Zen-like atmosphere of decor. Worst: very un-Zen-like vibe of the staff. Hurried/harried. All niceties out the window. Wait times are long. Example: hostess told us our table wasn't ready and to wait at the bar. No bartender to order a drink. When table was ready, the very rushed hostess hurriedly walked to the table, glanced back to see where we were, decided we were too pokey and tossed the menus on table and rushed away. Best: consistently good sushi. Better than the Orland Park alternatives. Good beer selection. Worst: Wait times for food can be long. Drinks are mediocre-margaritas, atrocious. After 4 visits: great food but expect service issues. Never a great overall dining experience. Mixed feelings each visit!!Special Features: