2101 N 55th St Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98103Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kisaku.com/
- Phone: (206) 545-9050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M, W-Sa 11:30am-2:00pm
Dinner: M,W-Th, Su 5:00pm-9:30pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On site sushi bar at private parties. $900 minimum plus 15% catering fee.
A word from Kisaku
Our goal is to be the best neighborhood sushi restaurant in Seattle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kisaku reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (32)kid-friendly (16)special occasion (16)good for groups (12)great for lunch (9)hot spot (7)romantic (6)notable wine list (1)Show More
- My favorite Sushi Restaurant in SeattleJaimezeeDined on 11/21/2014Kisaku is always wonderful. Always delicious. Love the mushroom salad and the sushi is always fresh and consistent. Service is good. Very friendly comfortable place to eat. My go to always when I want sushi. Everyone I have ever taken there makes it their go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great value for very good sushidimoskDined on 11/19/2014we recently went on a date night, we got some excellent sushi and enjoyed a good wine pairing. It was not too expensive and the service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanDined on 11/14/2014The omakase is always delicious. It is a treat to eat what the sushi chefs make.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing, something had changedDylanDined on 11/13/2014Just came home from this place very disappointed. Being Japanese and my wife from Japan this has been one of our go to places for Japanese food / sushi. We always come to this place when it's either my wife's or my birthday. Something has changed. My wife had the chirashi. The sashimi slices were paper thin and the rice was really dry. We have ordered this before on different occasions and it was always good. For $23 the sashimi should not be see-through. My ten year old daughter had the calamari and an order of spider roll. She asked us to try the spider roll, again the rice was dry. Honestly, I've had better spider rolls at cheap kaiten style sushi places. I wasn't in the mood for sushi tonight so I decided to have the chicken teriyaki dinner. Miso soup, can't really go wrong there. I had to stop eating the salad, nothing more unappetizing than looking at brown frisée. At least cut the base so it looks fresh. This chicken was very disappointing. Three weeks ago I had my daughter cook chicken breast that turned out better. There was nothing special and for $17.50 I expect more from a chicken dish, it shouldn't be subpar or worse than what you get at some $5 teriyaki joint. A small portion chicken breast, topped with bell peppers, and watered down teriyaki sauce. My piece did not seem flame broiled and the rice was dry or seemed like it was from an old batch. Tonight was so disappointing that nobody wanted dessert, we just wanted to get out. I felt so bad for my wife. It's one thing if my own meal is disappointing, but don't let the birthday person have a disappointing meal.
- sushi at its finest!NomNom2Dined on 11/13/2014Wonderful food! All the "favorites" are available, but it's AWESOME to just let the sushi chef surprise you! We just can't have sushi anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantalexxtangoDined on 10/30/2014Food was very excellent. Friend and I came dined during restaurant week and the three course meal selection was amazing. Omakase sushi was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh SushicomputercwVIPDined on 10/29/2014I heard great things about this place but it turned out to be more hype than substance. The sushi was OK but there are many many better places to go in Seattle. Umi and I love Sushi are 2 of my favorite places, Japonessa is good also.Special Features:
- Great Sushi & service!LaLaLaDined on 10/26/2014Sushi taste really fresh and taste great!! Services are also great!! We'll define tell go back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Kisaku has a relaxed atmosphere that isn't too loud. My wife and I love to sit at the bar and let the sushi chef work his magic. For the quality of the sushi the prices are reasonable. I'm not into Uni much but this is my wife's favorite spot for Uni.Special Features:
- Recent VisitRecentVisitDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I dine at Kisaku regularly. The food is delicious, fresh, and service is phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite place!lovesushiDined on 10/13/2014My friends and I always choose Kisaku for our get togethers!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014if you have the time, take the omakase option and be sure to make a reservationI would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit off their gameOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Great place usually, but this time the roles lacked taste. The spicy tuna especially bordering on 'bad.' It was all rice, no tuna, no spice.
- OmakaseRayKayDined on 9/19/2014The omakase here was truly exceptional. The fish was beautiful. Amazing otoro, geoduck, salmon, mackerel... it made it very easy to leave my comfort zone and try new things (like deep fried fish heads- surprisingly tasty)! Service was fine- a little frazzled- and the ambiance was only OK. The fish will always be worth it, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014If you like sushi you will love this place, the food is really good, the service is very nice. A good place with a reasonable price !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in N Seattleandi99Dined on 9/4/2014We went here for the first time at the recommendation of several japanese friends at work & the food was outstanding. The quality of the fish and the freshness was amazing. I dont consider myself to be a sushi connoisseur but even I could tell the difference in all the offerings. The otoro and tuna were great. Although some people dont appreciate going to authentic Sushi place and ordering California rolls, I must say that even the california rolls in the Sushi combo plate were delicious and 10x better than any other place I had them before. I would recommend reservations cause the place was packed at 7. This place is going to become our favorite for good sushi.Special Features:
- azileVIPDined on 8/21/2014Yummy - their sushi combo was fantastic! Neighborhood parking can be a little tricky to find.Special Features:
- awesome and fresharielDined on 8/8/2014the sushi was really fresh and delicious. the rice was in perfect balance of vinegar+sugar+salt. dessert we ordered was sesame mousse was wonderful. will come back again.Special Features:
- Consistantly AmazingtranquilturtleDined on 8/6/2014I have been going to Kisaku for years and have never had a bad experience. I think they rank in the top few for sushi in Seattle. But make a reservation as this little neighborhood gem is usually full.Special Features:
- The following 34 reviews are from the Kisaku reviews archive.
- One of our favorite sushi placesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014As usual, we loved the food at Kisaku. They serve great sushi at reasonable prices; one of the reasons we go here is because we don't feel price-gouged when we leave, unlike some other places that also serve good sushi. My only complaint is that when we ordered our second round of sushi, it took a long time before it was delivered, and we had to flag our server down and ask before she told us that it was almost ready. Other than that one small thing, the experience was great. I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to anybody who likes sushi.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2014Service was okay, but slow. Pretty plain inside, no real ambiance. Miso soup was the best thing I had, which tells you how good the sushi and sashimi wasn't. Sashimi was not fresh, tuna and salmon had no flavor, the rest was either dry or slimy. Fried oyster dish had terrible texture overall.Special Features:
- Best Japanese food aroundNannDined on 7/6/2014I don't know if we would find this food in Japan, but it is, nonetheless, super; and that's what counts. A little less noise would help, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful spot for sushiJasonDined on 7/3/2014Great neighborhood sushi place with great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationMadisonDined on 6/29/2014My husband and I had been to Kisaku a little over a year ago and had a great experience. So we decided to take my friend and her brother there for her birthday dinner with us. We shared various sushi rolls and nigiri, all were delicious. I forgot to tell our waiter that we were celebrating my friend's birthday, he overheard us and let her know that she could choose a dessert on the house. She decided on panna cotta, which they brought out with a birthday candle! We had a relaxing and fun experience and will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner - Special OccasionParrishDined on 6/25/2014I have been to Kisaku many times but it doesn't seem to be getting any better, my opinion is it is getting mildly worse. The service was terrible at first but then turned to be average service by the end. We were celebrating a birthday with 11 people at the table, nothing was done to say happy birthday (including simply asking if it was a special occasion). The rolls, although they have impressed me in the past, did not exceed expectations for a location like Kisaku. The waitress was nice about splitting the check but aside from that I was not overly impressed. I think there is better sushi in the city, it makes me sad this place is going down hill.Special Features:
- Food was great as alwaysAmr61Dined on 6/20/2014Four of us shared several plates of sushi and edamame which were all as good as usual. The mushroom salad is a family favorite. It was a Friday night so we had made a reservation for 6:45 which was a good idea. All the tables were full and a few people were waiting when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- omakseDerekDined on 6/15/2014we had the omakase, and it was wonderful. the fish was prepared very well, and it was all very freshSpecial Features:
- Charming, reliable, not scene-yMmmgoodDined on 6/13/2014I've been a customer at Kisaku since it opened, but moved away a few years ago. It was a delight to return and find that it's just as good as it was back when.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When you need a sushi fix...chefRandomDined on 6/13/2014Made reservations via Open Table and if you decide to check it out on a Friday/Sat/Sun - I would strongly recommend it. Even with my reservation, the table was still being cleaned and set up when I arrived for my reservation. No issue for me. The sushi is fantastically fresh and clean, and presented in an artful and skillful way. They have a great selection of sake for both cold and warmed. My only caution to those deciding would be the noise level. It's probably above average so if you're feeling romantic, or just want an intimate experience, you may want to find some place a bit more on the quiet side. I would go back with a group of friends for an evening of sushi and sake.Special Features:
- Best Sushi in the Pacific NorthwestTriciaVIPDined on 5/31/2014Truly the best sushi in the Pacific Northwest! We've been regulars of Kisaku since Nakanosan opened it. He is outstanding and it is always fresh, fantastic, artistic and just the best. Everyone we have taken there agrees.Special Features:
- Yummy sushi and nice atmosphereashbettyDined on 5/23/2014I was really happy with my experience at Kisaku. The food was delicious and service was great. The fact that it is so close to our house and in the lovely Tangletown neighborhood also doesn't hurt. Our minor complaint is that the house sake wasn't very good compared to other places we like. That and the fact that there wasn't as much pickled ginger on the plate as I like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in SeattlePickyeaterDined on 5/8/2014Kisaku is the best sushi place we've found in Seattle and we've been looking since 2001! Everything is fresh and delicious. The waiters are knowledgeable. The wine is good and the atmosphere is quite nice. I just wish they weren't closed on Tuesdays.Special Features:
- best affordable sushi in SeattlecashmoneyDined on 5/2/2014Nakano knows his trade better than most. Comparable to Shiro at half the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and deliciousIheartsushiVIPDined on 5/2/2014The sushi here is always spot on. Tried a few things I've never had before and loved it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 5/1/2014We have been going there for almost 7 years now. Quality is consistently good. The secret is their Nabeyaki Udon. Fantasic. Thank Goodness that they added Open Table to take reservations. It was difficult to get in. Now, it's wonderful. Nothing to change here. I would just change or add things to the menu where possible.Special Features:
- Great food as alwaysYumyumDined on 4/28/2014We haven't been to Kisaku in a while, but it is definetely worth it. They have great sushi, very friendly service, and a nice atmosphere. It really is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you are desperate for sushi...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014...and can't find anywhere else to go, come here. Food just wasn't very good. With so many great sushi places in Seattle there's no reason to come back here. Even though I didn't care for the food, I gave this place 3 stars because the service was so good and the staff was very friendly.
- Best sushi in Pacific NorthwestTriciaVIPDined on 4/19/2014We have been coming to Kisaku for years. We absolutely love Nikanosan and his fabulous sushi. It's the freshest, the absolute best!Special Features:
- great experiancejeffDined on 4/18/2014We had two great dinners. My wife had sushi and it was fantastic. I had halibut cheeks and marinated cod, miso soup and salad...just fabulous. We both agreed that Kisaku will be our go-to sushi restaurant. Thanks Kisaku!Special Features:
- Fish much better than serviceDvenetianDined on 4/11/2014The sushi at Kisaku is always great but the service is just fair; please note that I have not tried to sit at the sushi bar. I booked my reservation using Open Table and when I got there my reservation for four was at a table for two. The staff had to scramble for 20 minutes to move another party and turn my table so that the four of us could sit. I pointed out that it would have been easier to sit at any of the many open tables for four but was told that was not possible since they were all reserved. I spent an hour and a half dining and some of those table were never used. Also the waitress was not very welcoming and i felt like she was doing us a favor serving dinner. This is the second time at the restaurant with the same experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.