2591 S Coast Highway 101
Cardiff-By-The-Sea, CA 92007Neighborhood:
Cardiff By The Sea
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kisrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (760) 436-5236
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Lunch (Counter Service)
8:00am - 4:30pm
Dinner (Full Service Upstairs):
Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian
- Executive Chef: Marcelino Arroyo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our caterer can customize a catering specifically to your needs, whether it is casual or formal, on site or off site. Please visit our website for more ideas and contact information.
- Entertainment: On Friday nights, we have local well known musicians, such as Peter Sprague, Peter Pupping, Nathan James, and Fred Benedetti, playing here from 8:30 to 10 pm. Please check our website for music schedule
A word from Ki's Restaurant
We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner in a casual, ocean view atmosphere. Ki's is unique in that breakfast and lunch is very casual, counter service and seat-yourself. We up the ante at dinner with full service dining upstairs and a more specialized menu. We research all the products we order and when in season, we try to have as many local and/or organic ingredients as possible. Our dishes are created with flavor and wholesomeness in mind. We believe good health comes from eating real and whole food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Ki's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Cardiff By The Sea ›
Ki's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (23)neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (15)fit for foodies (12)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (9)romantic (8)great for brunch (6)special occasion (6)good for groups (6)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- guestItalianVIPDined on 11/21/2014great food, good music great service Filet was very tender, and delicious. Shrimp and grits lots of shrimp in greatgarlic sauce Very good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ki's is a local favoritekelleeis007Dined on 11/15/2014We've been going to Ki's for many years and every time we invite new people to it they love it too. Great ocean view, good for casual lunch or breakfast, a good happy hour and great for dinner with a perfect view of the sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bugreenandgoldDined on 11/12/2014Awesome healthy choices! Too many to pick in one setting, I guess we will have to go back! Only downfall was that service was super slow, and food even slower. We came in close to closing time, so I am assuming that is the main reason. Food and scenic view of the water is well worth it, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014The food was excellent. The waiter must have been pretty new as he unsold us a second glass of wine, and could have easily "upsold" many things. It was nice to not be upsold. The expediters did not pay attention to the positions of entrees and salads, even though it was clearly on the check. So service was not fantastic, but the food and the view were great!Special Features:
- never disappointinggraceDined on 10/24/2014I have been going to Ki's for years - mostly for breakfast or brunch with the ocean as a gorgeous backdrop - GREAT healthy food - reasonable pricing. Within the last year, however, I had the pleasure of discovering the Friday night music to accompany delicious dinner selections and I go every chance I get! It is lovely and provides a great night - whether it be with a group of my closest gal pals or for a romantic date:)Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant !AgnesDined on 10/3/2014Usual we do not trust the grupon cupons, we had some bad experiences, but this restaurant is faboluous ! We had a very nice saturday aftrnoon ! Thank you ! (We didnt found the scenic wiev ... ) AgnesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's okAHoffmanDined on 10/3/2014We really enjoyed the view but the food was OK. My friend and husband had shrimp and grits said it was bland and wasn't very good. Taco was cold. Other then that service was great and the view was awesome!!Special Features:
- Amazing FoodMarlynDined on 9/20/2014This was a return trip and everything was as delicious as we remembered it and the service was so personable. Can't beat this place at sunset!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Everything was great except that in this heat it was impossible to be comfortable either on the patio or inside. They would benefit from installing some air conditioning.Special Features:
- italy7peruDined on 9/12/2014Food and service was great as always. When I made reservations nobody told me there was a huge private party in the area where we like to sit. I was disappointed as I took guests for overseas and wanted a special spot to sit by. Next time, I hope to rate as very good, not this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent GF Dining!PJBrownCatVIPDined on 8/23/2014We love Ki's Restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food is fresh and the specials are excellent! We had the halibut special and it was terrific. There is a separate GF menu that has many options. This is one of the best dinner restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemluv2testDined on 8/22/2014Food and service were excellent. The view was nice. They had great live music. We will definitely go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view with food to matchMom2fourVIPDined on 8/16/2014It's hard to find ocean view restaurants that aren't outrageously expensive. This one was casual and priced well. We enjoyed our meal and watching the sunset. The cocktails were awesome. Salmon in parchment very tasty and I didn't feel like a slug for eating unhealthy rich food. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGreatVIPDined on 8/16/2014When we arrived we were told our online reso automatically put us at a table by the bar and there were numerous other/better tables available. We had to request another table. Then the service was very slow tonight - seemed to be plenty of hostesses but not wait staff. This is usually one of our go-to spots but not tonight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal yet!ChriDined on 8/8/2014Went to see Nathan James and had wonderful seats. Did the server's suggestion of salmon. Wonderful. Spinach Was great! Service outstanding. Entertainment is always good.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014We are from Pittsburgh but lived in SD before our children were born. Went to Cardiff By The Sea for some beach time. Stumbled upon Ki's and was very impressed. I had the butternut-squash quesadillas; they were excellent. My husband had the special, Mahi-Mahi. My son had the steak. They were both excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 88 reviews are from the Ki's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Always greatGreatVIPDined on 7/3/2014When we arrived we were shown to an indoor table tucked in a corner and when I let the hostess know I wanted a deck table she came and reseated us when one opened up and we had a wonderful evening as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a positive experienceKiwiDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I just love the extensive menu options here and the care shown in selection of food that is both tasty and healthy.Special Features:
- Great as usual!mamaacornVIPDined on 6/27/2014It was hopping on Friday night and the food and service were terrific as always. Our favorite weekend dinner stop. Sign-up for Ki's club for 1/2 price bottled wine on Friday nights and other wonderful discounts. It makes going out so fun! Love Ki's!Special Features:
- FredDined on 6/20/2014The food was awesome! We wanted to change to patio seating and they accommodated our larger party no problem. This was the first time we had been there and we already want to go back! We even caught the perfect sunset!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Celebration DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/20/2014Perfect dinner to celebrate my birthday. The server as well as the food was great as was the view of the ocean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food!MarlynDined on 6/6/2014Wanted a good place to eat at the last minute on a Fri. Night. This turned out to be the best experience. Great food and wonderful service!Special Features:
- Friday NightskisfanVIPDined on 6/6/2014It's nice to have music in the background but the music on Friday nights is so loud that you cannot have a conversation, especially in the indoor dining room area. Also....this particular evening there were so many young children running around that we thought we were at Legoland. Not our usual pleasant Ki's dining experience.Special Features:
- Nice ViewDessertsFirstDined on 6/5/2014Gorgeous view of the ocean!!! Nice choices for vegetarians and vegans too!! Make sure you add a walk on the beach before or after your meal. Their desserts are made in house and are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014May need to make a reservation although the restaurant is not full they tend to prefer reservations at busty times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good as alwaystesoroDined on 5/17/2014I've been a customer for a long time! food is good as always and even gotten better. Service is very friendly and speedy. I am going back in 2 days.Special Features:
- Deliscious food, amazing sunset!!!eatorganicDined on 5/11/2014My husband and I like to bike along the coast to Ki's. We can taste the difference in eating food at Ki's with their organic and natural ingredients. Whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner, the quality of the food, the view and the people are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014It took my group an hour and a half to get our entrees after ordering. Won't recommend this restaurant to anyone. The waitress mixed up our checks as well.Special Features:
- Ki's in CardiffJfoodieDined on 5/3/2014Ki's has a healthy, fresh menu that is consistently prepared well with reasonable prices. We had the Kale and Strawberry Salad as a starter with the Salmon and Pork Chop as our entrees. All perfectly cooked with great presentation, everything arrived at the appropriate temperature and in a timely fashion despite the fact that the restaurant was actually packed the entire time we were there. The service staff seem genuinely interested in the product that they provide. The margaritas, which we also enjoyed, are outstanding as well. Make a reservations, because on busy nights you will need one to have the opportunity to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad food, great viewsph0987Dined on 4/26/2014I am very hard to displease as I will gladly eat just about anything, but Ki's food was just that bad. Two of the wines we tasted were bad and we ended up drinking beer. My four friends were of similar opinion. Sunset views were awesome, we sat right by the window in the corner. Too bad it rained earlier that day and the windows were really dirty.
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014Had four diners, table only placed for two, kept that way until asked the waiter. Had to ask waiter to finally take order. Had to ask for check.
- GreatGreatVIPDined on 4/19/2014Once again, another great evening/sunset at Ki's. Service was a bit slow due to a packed house but the view makes up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- limited optionsJeffTVIPDined on 4/18/2014Great place for those that are more into healthy eating. The dishes we tried were limited on taste and portions. Service was good. Nice view. Across from the Chart House and nice that they have their own parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NABEIIDined on 4/2/2014The waiter was great, The Filet was poor (very tough). Restaurant needs cleaned up and the menu needs work. The food presentation was great but the taste and quality was a little disappointing. Inexpensive but I would prefer to pay a little more for a better overall experience. Prime location.Special Features:
- Great ViewDavidVIPDined on 3/29/2014This restaurant is one of the best in the Northern Coastal San Diego Area. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a fun place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, just found theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2014Great place, just found the live band a little overwhelming for the special occasion we were celebrating, but that was my fault for not doing the research on te restaurant earlier to know that live band played on Fridays. Band was good,it just didn't fit with what we were trying to celebrate.Special Features:
- Our waiter was very friendly.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/16/2014Our waiter was very friendly. The place has a low-key, surfer bar mentality. food was very good, very well priced. View of the ocean is nice. It is a great place for food and drinks. Very relaxing spot. Great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/14/2014We used Opentable for a reservation and were seated promptly at an excellent table on the balcony. The service was very slow. Both meals, a roasted chicken and the ciaoppino, were extrememely tasty and well presented. I hope to get back to this great spot.Special Features:
- ReservationsJimmyDined on 3/9/2014You need tp address upi reservation on phone system as I tried to make a reservation for 15 min on you system and kept getting cycled back out of the system, press 5 again and again and keep getting cycled back to main menu on phone. I suggest since you phone reservation system is so weak that you mention on your outgoing message that reservations can be made on line. That would have saved me a lot of time and you would have sold 8 more meals. The info can help your business, I hope you take it.Special Features:
- Local iconOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/9/2014Been going to get smoothies for over 30 years. Going to Ki's is part of our family tradition. Love that she is making it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.