Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - The Woodlands
1111 Timberloch Place
The Woodlands, TX 77380Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - The Woodlands
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kirbyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (281) 362-1121
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday-5:00pm to 11pm , Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Bar opens Daily at 4:30pm Private Lunches are available 7 days a week. Email email@example.com for more information regarding private luncheons
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Daniel Nemec
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact Eric Saville @ 281-362-1121 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment featuring contemporary jazz Thursday (6:30pm to 9:30 pm(, Friday, Saturday 7:30pm - 11:00pm
- Special Events: Please join us in the bar the 2nd Tuesday of every month for Scotch Tastings - $25 and includes complimentary light appetizers.
Please join us in the bar the last Saturday of every month for Wine Tastings - $25 and includes complimentary light appetizers.
Call 281.362.1121 to RSVP for either or both of these on-going events.
A word from Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - The Woodlands
Continuing the legacy of Dallas' Original Steakhouse, Est. 1954, Kirby's Prime Steakhouse in The Woodlands, Est. 2004, is an award winning restaurant featuring Mid-Western, grain fed, aged prime beef. Kirby's also offers fresh seafood, daily features, and a spectacular collection of New and Old World wine housed in an impressive cellar of over 4,000 bottles. Kirby's boasts a trendy jazz bar and lounge featuring live music on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings. To compliment their excellent wine selection is classically trained Corporate Executive Chef Daniel Nemec. Chef Nemec seeks to introduce the culinary versatility of Kirby's cuisine to any and all diners. Guests can choose to dine lakeside or enjoy one of Kirby's imported cigars in the lounge while partaking in a glass of wine selected by certified Sommelier, Scott Griffin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - The Woodlands - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - The Woodlands reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)romantic (64)notable wine list (45)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (34)scenic view (20)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (9)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- DisappointingAnnPDined on 11/15/2014Kirby's is our go to special occasion restaurant and have not been disappointed in the past however last Saturday it seemed as though the kitchen was way off the mark. Tough NY strip, tenderloin tips was so-so and presented rather sloppy. The mac and cheese was really only mac, greasy creamed spinach and the fries have changed. They used to be the matchstick kind and now are no different than a common fry. We didn't send anything back as it was our daughters birthday. We will try it again with the hopes that this visit was mistake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2014I took a business partner out to dinner on a Sunday and was blown away by how great this place was. I found them by a basic Google search and looked at the online menu. I did not know much about the place prior to showing up. The valet was complementary and our table was ready as requested. The food was fantastic. We sampled some apps and the Lamb was the star. (my wife thought the Sea Bass was but she was wrong) I would highly recommend you try Kirby'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kirby's The WoodlandsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The steak was good. The salad lacked anything but plain lettuce and ONE grape tomato cut in 1/2. REALLY? Expected a real salad for the price and at such a nice restaurant. Maybe I don't know a cucumber? Also, I expected the restaurant to have a quiet ambiance with soft music. However it was extremely loud like a cafeteria and we could barely hear each other. Our server was nice, but kept interrupting our conversations rather than wait for a pause. Not worth the $170 for two we paid.Special Features:
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014My wife and I are always looking for new places to enjoy a great dinner. Kirby's is absolutely on the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perry's is betterRitterDined on 11/7/2014My husband had the prime rib...no flavor. I had the shrimp pasta-bland.Special Features:
- Competent, but Indifferent ServiceWinerDinerDined on 11/5/2014Our waiter was knowledgeable and gracious, but mostly absent. Found ourselves waiting on our waiter several times. Many business diners, but restaurant was not crowded. We rate him competent but indifferent.Special Features:
- ChuckDined on 11/4/2014We have been to Kirby's a couple of times in the last year. I know you are noted for the meat, I go for the fish The sea bass is my favorite, it is outstanding. My companions ordered steak, one was returned to cook a little more, it came back perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Food Quality and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014There were four of us. One order was wrong (Filet was ordered but they brought a Ribeye). When they finally brought the filet it was rare instead of the medium that was ordered and had to be sent back. By the time the Filet finally came everyone else was done. One Ribeye was so full of gristle that they took it off the bill.
- Recent Dinner at Kirby'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I recently had dinner at Kirby's. It was my second time there; her first. It's not a bad place; our server was what I'd expect. For the price you pay for dinner, I'll have to really think if I want to come back. The ambiance was OK, not spectacular. It was a little noisy in the restaurant, so while my wife and I sat next to each other in a booth, had we had another couple with us it would have been hard to hear them. Food was cooked excellent, but for the price I expected a little more on the plate. Wine list is extensive but expensive, and if you only want wines by the glass, there's not much of a selection. 2 glasses of wine, 2 entrees, 1 side dish, 1 appetizer, $140 + tip.
- Great serviceHawaiiloveDined on 10/31/2014Delicious food and great service! Excellent wine selection as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EscargotMatziDined on 10/29/2014The last couple of times I noticed you changed your usually exciting, mouth watering, best ever escargot....I'm not so excited anymore...is there anyway you can change it back? I alway order it and the escargots are pretty much dried up but have a lot of goodies to soak up......I prefer the old way you made it best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent romantic dinner for twoMalongoroseDined on 10/25/2014We had a wonderful evening at Kirby's. The staff were knowledgable and attentive, but not intrusive. The food was excellent and the wine, recommended by the sommelier was delicious. I would definitely recommend for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak and potatoes EVERCdubkwDined on 10/18/2014The steak melted in my mouth. The mashed potatoes were perfection and the asparagus was delightful. Topped off the meal sharing two deserts that were heavenly. The whole experience was very enjoyable. It is nice to sit down and take time to enjoy good food and conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014over all everything was great service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Excellent food, service & ambiance!RRR2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband took me to Kirby's for my birthday. The food was delicious, the wait staff was courteous, respectful and attentive and the environment was romantic. It was nice to go to a classy restaurant where it was quiet and we could hear ourselves talk despite how busy it was. At times we even felt like it was just the two of us with just the right amount of attention! We will definitely return for another special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I love Kirby's.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The food and service is outstanding to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great on the sideJJTomballDined on 10/17/2014Great: Wine list, but not too many selections in the midrange Side dishes. Service. Not so great. The steaks were not impressive for the price.Special Features:
- WonderfulDukeaneVIPDined on 10/16/2014Amazing as always! From the appetizer thru the dessert was excellent. And the wine list accented every course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expected.NotHappy22Dined on 10/11/2014For a high-end restaurant, the food was not even as good as Saltgrass Steakhouse. The steak was brought out on a white plate with no garnish or anything to make it look appetizing. The side dishes were of poor quality. Our bill was $315 and for this price, we expect fantastic food. It didn't happen. I would not recommend your restaurant.Special Features:
- AwesomePerryDined on 10/9/2014Very good Restaurant and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palate Pleasing21YearsOfJoyDined on 10/9/2014The hostess was polite and promptly showed us to our reserved booth. Our server was patient and offered meaningful suggestions while we navigated through the menu. Beverages and food were brought straightaway. The lobster risotto was our favorite dish - smooth textures and savory flavors. Dessert was a sweet melody of white, milk, and dark chocolates with warm freshly baked cake and cold ice cream... Thank you for a fine dining experience as we celebrated our wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014The dinning was great, and we had people in from out of the country and they really enjoyed the meal and the experience. I have always enjoyed dinning here and anytime we have people in I try to get one meal in at Kirby's.Special Features:
- Excellent food & serviceMzbahrDined on 10/4/2014We thoroughly enjoyed it We took our kids and they loved it too; my husband and I were impressed with the service and the food quality. I ordered the shrimp on the special menu; it was very good. Not only we enjoyed the dinner but the ambiance was very nice; we had so much fun last Saturday night! Recommendation: try their cucumber martini.....amazing! Congrats to the bartender too!Special Features:
- Great Steakhouse and MorebdayfunVIPDined on 10/1/2014Kirby's never disappoints. The food, service, and ambiance are first rate. We always enjoy our evenings at Kirby's. This is what a steakhouse should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- b-dayrwpauporeDined on 10/1/2014brought my date to Kirby's for her birthday and enjoyed the food, the service, and they bought dessert!Special Features:
- Kirbys 's is consistently great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014We have never been dissappointed with a meal, service or ambiance. The entree and wine are expensive but for a special occassion you know you will get a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!RandytDined on 9/25/2014Really nice place to go for top of the line food & got treated like we were the only ones there. Almost come as you are comfort and relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hilleygpDined on 9/22/2014Great food and service for my wife's birthday with our familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday & Anniversary CelebrationFamilyEventDined on 9/20/2014Food was delicious. Seating was comfortable. Service was complimentary to the family. They even inquired about our special occasions being celebrated and provided a cake with ice cream to be shared by our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply The Best!FantasticDined on 9/20/2014Our favorite high end steak house! Took our family (party of 7) for a birthday party and it was wonderful. Had the seafood assortment as an appetizer and surf and turf and bone in rib eyes and more! Delicious! As always, Cathy, our server was incredible and Scott, the assistant manager treats us like family! Urge all to try!Special Features:
- Super Dinner/BirthdayJmomYumDined on 9/18/2014There were 11 of us from age 2 - 62 celebrating our son & my husbands b-day. Food as always was wonderful. Our waiter was exceptional. Was there when you needed him. The Sea Bass is my all time favorite! My grandkids were eating the calamari like it was popcorn, quite yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have to ReturnHav2ReturnDined on 9/14/2014Just what I was looking for. Our evening began with the complimentary valet parking. Then, from John our Bartender to Jim our waiter...we were greeted and treated with the service royalty or our President would expect. All were friendly and attentive; there if we needed them. The service was the best I have experienced in some time. The food from appetizer to entree to dessert was heavenly. It is a meal that I will remember for awhile and can't wait to return to enjoy again. It is a place that I would love to share with my special friends and loved ones. It was our first visit, so we were given a gift card to use at a future time. Again, they pay attention to the smallest detail.Special Features:
- outstandingupsetDined on 9/11/2014We attended for our 50 th anniversary. Wereb greeted with happy Aniversary by hostess, manager, server, asst. Mgr and even the cook. Just a wonderfull evening at a great location. I highly. Recomend this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!ChomondelyDined on 9/11/2014Calimari was perfectly cooked and very tasty. Mushroom had great flavor. Steak were perfectly cooked. Bourbon sauce was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the bestOverpricedDined on 9/9/2014We went for our anniversary. The atmosphere was great and staff very accommodating. We are not big meat eaters so had ahi tuna.It was not the best we have had but what can you expect from a steak house. After the meal was the real shocker, the check. The value for the money was a disaster. This is not New York City, this is Texas.Special Features:
- First Bad ExperiencePcontellaDined on 9/6/2014I will say I am a Kirby's longtime patron. I don't know if they have decided to change the ambience or character to compete with the new development of the mall, but it isn't working. I go to Kirby's for a romantic dinner and great steaks. Not a loud bar & very badly cooked steak. I spend around 350 to 400 dollars a visit. this visit was the worst steaks ever had at Kirbys. I ordered black and blue and Pittsburgh. I had the cowboy cut ribeye, new york strip and a filet mignon. None were charred and they all were cooked the same, bad. No char, the steaks were very tough. The bar room door stayed open most of the night then live band started. smoking in the bar made its way into the dining room, terrible. will have to think about returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant but on steakRick55Dined on 9/6/2014We go there often but lately have found the bone in ribeye that I always order to be variable in quality. Surprising since at 55$ it is the most expensive steak on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion restOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Food,service and wine were all good. Frequent diner here because of consistent meals.Special Features:
- Not happynotgoodDined on 9/6/2014We usually love our dinner at Kirby's, however this time nothing seemed right!! They asked if we were celebrating something, (when you thell them you get desert) I told them it was my birthday and got nothing!! So why ask. Our meal was luke warm, my husbands entree Shrimp Scampi had no flavor, hope it was just a bad night!!
- Hubands BDayASH73Dined on 9/5/2014Often frequent fine dining steak houses. Have always seen this when going to the WLands ~40 miles from our home but decided to mark it off the list. Impressive steak and seafood tower, BD greeting directly from the Manager along with a BDay card that enclosed a $20 gift certificate for our next visit. Now to what I feel they need to improve! Waiter was slow responding... we sat with empty cocktails and found ourselves waiting on him to take our order as he shuffled by several times. Then the bar was hoping, which allows smoking that unfortunately fumigates the non-smoking dining room and hits you right when you walk in the door. Hardly accepted in this price range for fine dining. Smokers OUTSIDE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.