Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - The Woodlands
1111 Timberloch Place
The Woodlands, TX 77380Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - The Woodlands
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kirbyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2813621121x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday-5:00pm to 11pm , Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Bar opens Daily at 4:30pm Private Lunches are available 7 days a week. Email email@example.com for more information regarding private luncheons
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Daniel Nemec
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact Eric Saville @ 281-362-1121 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment featuring contemporary jazz Thursday (6:30pm to 9:30 pm(, Friday, Saturday 7:30pm - 11:00pm
- Special Events: Please join us in the bar the 2nd Tuesday of every month for Scotch Tastings - $25 and includes complimentary light appetizers.
Please join us in the bar the last Saturday of every month for Wine Tastings - $25 and includes complimentary light appetizers.
Call 281.362.1121 to RSVP for either or both of these on-going events.
A word from Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - The Woodlands
Continuing the legacy of Dallas' Original Steakhouse, Est. 1954, Kirby's Prime Steakhouse in The Woodlands, Est. 2004, is an award winning restaurant featuring Mid-Western, grain fed, aged prime beef. Kirby's also offers fresh seafood, daily features, and a spectacular collection of New and Old World wine housed in an impressive cellar of over 4,000 bottles. Kirby's boasts a trendy jazz bar and lounge featuring live music on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings. To compliment their excellent wine selection is classically trained Corporate Executive Chef Daniel Nemec. Chef Nemec seeks to introduce the culinary versatility of Kirby's cuisine to any and all diners. Guests can choose to dine lakeside or enjoy one of Kirby's imported cigars in the lounge while partaking in a glass of wine selected by certified Sommelier, Scott Griffin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - The Woodlands - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - The Woodlands reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)romantic (64)notable wine list (46)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (28)scenic view (21)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Have to ReturnHav2ReturnDined on 9/14/2014Just what I was looking for. Our evening began with the complimentary valet parking. Then, from John our Bartender to Jim our waiter...we were greeted and treated with the service royalty or our President would expect. All were friendly and attentive; there if we needed them. The service was the best I have experienced in some time. The food from appetizer to entree to dessert was heavenly. It is a meal that I will remember for awhile and can't wait to return to enjoy again. It is a place that I would love to share with my special friends and loved ones. It was our first visit, so we were given a gift card to use at a future time. Again, they pay attention to the smallest detail.Special Features:
- outstandingupsetDined on 9/11/2014We attended for our 50 th anniversary. Wereb greeted with happy Aniversary by hostess, manager, server, asst. Mgr and even the cook. Just a wonderfull evening at a great location. I highly. Recomend this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!ChomondelyDined on 9/11/2014Calimari was perfectly cooked and very tasty. Mushroom had great flavor. Steak were perfectly cooked. Bourbon sauce was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the bestOverpricedDined on 9/9/2014We went for our anniversary. The atmosphere was great and staff very accommodating. We are not big meat eaters so had ahi tuna.It was not the best we have had but what can you expect from a steak house. After the meal was the real shocker, the check. The value for the money was a disaster. This is not New York City, this is Texas.Special Features:
- First Bad ExperiencePcontellaDined on 9/6/2014I will say I am a Kirby's longtime patron. I don't know if they have decided to change the ambience or character to compete with the new development of the mall, but it isn't working. I go to Kirby's for a romantic dinner and great steaks. Not a loud bar & very badly cooked steak. I spend around 350 to 400 dollars a visit. this visit was the worst steaks ever had at Kirbys. I ordered black and blue and Pittsburgh. I had the cowboy cut ribeye, new york strip and a filet mignon. None were charred and they all were cooked the same, bad. No char, the steaks were very tough. The bar room door stayed open most of the night then live band started. smoking in the bar made its way into the dining room, terrible. will have to think about returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant but on steakRick55Dined on 9/6/2014We go there often but lately have found the bone in ribeye that I always order to be variable in quality. Surprising since at 55$ it is the most expensive steak on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion restOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Food,service and wine were all good. Frequent diner here because of consistent meals.Special Features:
- Not happynotgoodDined on 9/6/2014We usually love our dinner at Kirby's, however this time nothing seemed right!! They asked if we were celebrating something, (when you thell them you get desert) I told them it was my birthday and got nothing!! So why ask. Our meal was luke warm, my husbands entree Shrimp Scampi had no flavor, hope it was just a bad night!!
- Hubands BDayASH73Dined on 9/5/2014Often frequent fine dining steak houses. Have always seen this when going to the WLands ~40 miles from our home but decided to mark it off the list. Impressive steak and seafood tower, BD greeting directly from the Manager along with a BDay card that enclosed a $20 gift certificate for our next visit. Now to what I feel they need to improve! Waiter was slow responding... we sat with empty cocktails and found ourselves waiting on him to take our order as he shuffled by several times. Then the bar was hoping, which allows smoking that unfortunately fumigates the non-smoking dining room and hits you right when you walk in the door. Hardly accepted in this price range for fine dining. Smokers OUTSIDE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in the woodlandsTrishDined on 8/31/2014We just moved here from Connecticut. We enjoy Kirby's restaurant and bar. We feel it is the nicest restaurant in the woodlands. Wish there were more .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingresjudDined on 8/31/2014I was disappointed with the quality of the food. The steak was fine; the salad, vegetables, and dessert were okay. Our service was slow and it was often difficult to get the waiter's attention. For the amount of money charged, the evening was very disappointing. I do not recommend Kirby's Prime Steak House.Special Features:
- A House of Mirid QualitiesSHAYMANDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I came to celebrate her 65th birthday. The setting, atmosphere, food and most of all, the service was much more than we had hoped for. After telling the gentleman servicing us the purpose of the day and the meal. It just got better we were transported to a total comfortable posture with some exchange of how both customer and servicer had arrived at our table on this night and still learned about the menu offering, how it would be served and the assurance we would be well pleased with our choices. Shay was most knowledgeable and helpful but most of all made us feel at home. Yes we paid for the food and service but Kirby's did not treat us as just one more but as the special one's of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small and over pricedTMDAF9Dined on 8/30/2014Overall the experience was "okay" - this was our first time there and to be honest I expected more for the $$$$$ - place was crowded, loud and the food was okay (had the $$$$$ steak). Certainly you'll probably need to experience yourself...there are tons of restaurants in The Woodlands that are just as nice and less $$$$.
- Food QualityMzbahrDined on 8/30/2014We usually chose Perry's for special occasions but we decided to change this time and celebrate our 17 Wedding anniversary at Kirby's. The ambiance and location was outstading and then service was good. When we got our food we thought :is the chef off today? The steakk my husband ordered didnt have any flavor and the fish I ordered was burnt, the sides were not fantastic I mean the food tasted as if we were eating at a two star restaurant. We usually order desert but we decided not to as we had a "bad taste" of the main course. Very dissapointing. I highly recoomend that Kirby's evaluate what their competition are offering and improve on their food. We decided to stick with Perry's as their food is amazing and tasty.
- Great Dinner SpotmapbDined on 8/29/2014I took my cousins and aunt and uncle here for their 35th wedding anniversary. The service was very attentive, and unlike many other steak houses the noise level at dinnertime was perfect -- a vibrant scene but by no means noisy. Steaks were delicious as were all the sides we ordered. Our waitress even overheard us talking about the anniversary occasion and, without us having asked, brought my aunt and uncle a special cake after dinner. That was an extremely thoughtful touch and very much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Birthday ExperienceAHappyBDayDined on 8/29/2014We were asked if we were celebrating a special experience and, in fact we were. We were surprised when they gave my wife a birthday card. We loved the service, appetizers and especially the steak entrees. Then we were surprised again with a complimentary birthday cake for dessert. We are definitely planning to go again and would recommend Kirby's to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost a 5 star sweep!DiningconnVIPDined on 8/26/2014Experienced and professional waitstaff makes a difference. One star dropped for an overpowering bernaise sauce which killed the flavors of leeks, saffron and oysters. The lamb chops hiwever, were OUTSTANDING! While we are regular Open Table diners, this was our first Kirby's visit and on a wedding anniversary. We were cared for in a very nice way and made to feel special. Kudos and thanks to manager and staff, not forgetting chef for those amazing lamb chops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kirby'sOddmoreDined on 8/24/2014We had a great dinner on a quiet Sunday night a couple of weeks ago. The food was excellent. We took advantage of the half priced bottles of wine. Our only complaint is that our server was a little too chatty once dinner was served. We were in the midst of our meal and this person would come over and repeatedly asked if this or that this or that dish wasn't absolutely amazing and then lingering. Maybe I was just grumpy. Bottom line, great place, gorgeous decor excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks! A bit noisySteakMuncherDined on 8/22/2014For the price and decor you would expect more than just great food, of which I have no complaint. The experience was a bit lack-luster considering we paid for our meal.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014My first Kirby's experience was at the DFW location and it was great. However, this is the second time I have tried the Woodlands location - my steak was a bad cut of meat and poorly cooked. I prefer Pittsburgh and had to send back due to cold raw meat and cold fat served to me. I will not be back to this location. However, my wine selection was fantastic and served at a perfect temperature.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner.SLF3Dined on 8/19/2014Best quality steak restaurant in the Woodlands area. Wonderful ambience for celebrating an anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday celebrationKevinDined on 8/18/2014Fantastic night great food, great wine with help and topped off with a wonderful chocolate cake that was to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Bar was very smoky from cigar smokers and the music was too loud to carry on a conversation. Dining area, thankfully, was fine.Special Features:
- Fantastic!FantasticDined on 8/15/2014What else can you say about great ambiance, Cathy, the best server anywhere, a melt in your mouth bone-in ribeye, perfect fries and sautéed mushrooms, jumbo sharing cocktail, and margaritas with don Julio gold and Grand Mariner Excellent!Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningcountrybumpkinDined on 8/11/2014Most enjoyable dining experience. Food was exceptional, wines were good, service was excellent. Could not have asked for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceAnniversaryDined on 8/8/2014Wait staff very attentive and friendly. Every item of food was well prepared and presentation excellent.Special Features:
- loved it!bigsteveDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I loved it, everything was two thumb up. We will be back. thank you so much...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerClassyDined on 7/27/2014Food was excellent. Portions perfect. Wait staff very good. Certainly upper class. First time dining here and would definitely would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KirbysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014We went because of the band playing the in bar area...They are great. The food was good not great but the band certainly would bring me back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The food was great. Especially the fillet migon. It was awesome!!! Had a nice evening to celebrate wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak, outstanding serviceHappyDined on 7/24/2014It was our anniversary and I used open table to book our reservation. I put in a special request for a table with view of the lake, and specifying our special occasion. We arrived a little early, and were met by complimentary valet, and the staff took our early arrival in stride. Our table by the lake was ready, the service was exceptional, and the food was spectacular !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceSherryODined on 7/23/2014We eat out a lot locally and elsewhere. The steak is truly the best. The quality of the meat and the cook on it was perfect. In fact, everything we ordered was awesome, including appetizers, side dishes and probably the best dirty martini I've had. The service was perfect as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Experience20andCountingDined on 7/22/2014Went there to celebrate my 20th anniversary. The experience was wonderful and the staff was helpful and attentive. The food was excellent and the staff made the experience quite memorable. Would gladly go back there just for regular dining. Can't express enough on how wonderful they were to make myself and my wife experience a night to remember.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!!AmorDined on 7/22/2014Great food. Great service. Overall, we had a great time here!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBoughtchrDined on 7/21/2014Amazing diner with amazing service! It was a bit pricey, but worth every penny! Definitely perfect for a date night or special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great bar and has a view outside toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2014great bar and has a view outside to help forget you are in the Woodlands. Cigars ok in bar a rarity these days. However service was horrible. We had 9 people and we were stuck in a table in the middle of a very very noisy room. You could barely hear one person...no way to follow several people. the waiter was gone for uncomfortably long periods. Turns out he was seen going into a private dining room as well! Don't give a guy two large parties. Steak is not real USDA prime and prices high without this value. Don't go unless you want to eat in a noisy bar and don't care about money.
- Matthew was excellent.FoodjunkieDined on 7/19/2014Steak was superb sides lacked the wow factor. Bisque was like warm and had a weird flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CentralOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014This will be the third anniversary we have celebrated at Kirby's and we can't think of a reason we wouldn't celebrate every other anniversary here. The food is fantastic. The wine list is extensive. The wait staff is long time, professional waiters/waitresses. The honor every request I have ever made. Not many establishments provide this level of customer service anymore. We love Kirby's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & personal service!FredDined on 7/10/2014Kirby's is known for their steaks, but the seafood is worth the trip as well. Try the sea bass with lobster risotto and the ahi tuna...delicious!Special Features:
- Anniversary DelightGlobalLocalDined on 7/8/2014Our new favorite place to celebrate our anniversary. Excellent food cooked to perfection with attention to detail in the service. The best if both worlds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.