Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake
3305 E. Hwy 114
Southlake, TX 76092Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kirbyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (817) 410-2221
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Private Lunches Available
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Nemec
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment featuring contemporary jazz Friday - Saturday 7:00pm - 11:00pm
- Special Events: Please contact Teddy Nugen for all private events at firstname.lastname@example.org or her cell at 817.505.6060.
A word from Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake
Continuing the legacy of Dallas' Original Steakhouse, Est. 1954, Kirby's Prime Steakhouse in Southlake, Est. 1999, is an award winning restaurant featuring Mid-Western, grain fed, aged prime beef. Kirby's also offers fresh seafood, daily specials, and a spectacular collection of New and Old World wine housed in an impressive cellar of over 3,000 bottles. Kirby's boasts a trendy jazz bar and lounge featuring live music on Friday and Saturday evenings. To compliment their excellent wine selection is classically trained Corporate Executive Chef Daniel Nemec. Chef Nemec seeks to introduce the culinary versatility of Kirby's cuisine to the newcomer, and to charm the well-educated diner with the tastes, colors, aromas, and preparation of the dishes Kirby's has to offer. Guests can enjoy one of Kirby's wonderful cocktails in the lounge or partake in a glass of wine selected by certified Sommelier, Bil Semon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake - Best Restaurants in Southlake ›
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)romantic (48)notable wine list (47)fit for foodies (35)neighborhood gem (35)vibrant bar scene (30)good for groups (29)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (4)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Very good, but with a small caveat...GoodVIPDined on 11/18/2014We always enjoy Kirby's. Great food, atmosphere and service. We started out in the bar to enjoy a Happy Hour drink -- a martini -- which was huge. Then we were seated for dinner. The food and the service was very good as usual. The only negative was that the restaurant was not crowded at all (a Monday night), yet the hostess sat us at a table right next to where a huge party was to be seated. There were 15-20 people at the very next table, who got very loud, placing a damper on the experience one would expect from Kirby's. Like I said, we were seated first, or we would have requested a different table. There were tons of other tables which we could have been placed. I'm assuming they knew well in advance that this large party was coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eating, service & atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014Steak would melt in your mouth and cooked to my perfection. The crab was excellent, with large lumps of meat and little filler. Desert was a molten chocolate cake with ice cream. Absolutely sinful. Another great meal was had on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Kirby's is always outstanding. The food, the ambience and staff are great!! Always a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday giftOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014The steak and ahi tuna entrees were exceptional. A soup or salad was included with the entrees which is not expected at most steak houses. We ordered wine by the glass but they had an extensive wine list. On Sunday nights they have half price wine on bottles under $200 which is something to know for the future. The service was excellent. Our waiter was Keith. He was there enough to take care of us but not enough to be a nuisance. The dessert was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite restaurant!PegsPicksDined on 11/8/2014This our first time at Kirby's. I cannot say enough about this place! What a find. Our table for five was situated next to the bar, which provided an intimate location for our evening of celebration and fun. We began with drinks, which were perfect, and an appetizer of Calamari. The appetizer was more than sufficient for five adults, and the crisp texture and light breading allowed the sweet flavor of the calamari to pop. The entrees we ordered were outstanding. At a steak house, you expect to find superior beef dishes, but the lamb and pork were equally tasty and tender. For dessert, we took our waiter's suggestion of ordering one piece of chocolate cake and sharing. OMG! That was the biggest piece of cake ever and so delicious!Special Features:
- Good, but not worth the price.dustinDined on 11/8/2014I ordered an 18 oz ribeye (medium-rare) and added on the Jumbo Lump Crab Oscar. The steak was cooked perfectly and the flavor was good. However, at this price point, I expected better quality beef. The fat in the steak was isolated in large chunks, rather than marbled throughout as expected.Special Features:
- AttentivecaptronDined on 11/7/2014Service was excellent, and the atmosphere made the evening very special. The prime rib was prepared to perfection. We will be returning for our next special occasion.Special Features:
- Great steaks and wine!Texasmom43VIPDined on 11/2/2014We have been a number of times on Sunday evening which is great because it is half-price wine night. Kirby's always has great steaks and much quieter than some of the other steak places in Grapevine. We can actually visit and hear each other!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Very nice dining atmosphere. Jazz band and very good food. Excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Our first time to this place and it was a landmark birthday so we wanted something special. Kirby's truly delivered. Excellent drinks at the bar. Our table was ready on time and the service excellent. The rack of lamb my husband described as "the best ever." My peppercorn filet was delicious, cooked just as ordered & very tender. One side was more than two of us could eat. From start to finish, a great experience! Looking forward to another special occasion at Kirby's in Southlake TX.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleKirbysrocksDined on 11/1/2014This place is fantastic. Been eating here for 10 years. Staff stays the same. Drinks are well poured, wine is fantastic, service is great and so is food.Special Features:
- Our 1st time to be disappointedRaceFanDined on 10/30/2014Everything was good except some of the food, we started with escargot and bread which was very very good, so where the cocktails. Salads well...they put a little lettuce with the dressing, way to much dressing so next time we will ask for it on the side. The Sea Bass was good but the Lobster had absolutley no flavor. Bake potato nice to have since so many places don't serve them any more. The ambiance and service was good just wished our salads and lobster was too.Special Features:
- Total experience!PamKDined on 10/26/2014We have never been to such a wonderful fine dining establishment before. We felt comfortable and well taken care of! The food was the most incredible meal we have ever eaten. Highly suggest you make a reservation today!!Special Features:
- Excellent seafoodAndreaPDined on 10/24/2014Great ambiance, great service, excellent crab legs, but the filet mignon we had was bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kirby'sertroyDined on 10/23/2014Started with Lobster cargot which really woke up the taste buds. Gorgeous steaks and nicely opened King Crab legs were the main event. Experience was better than I planned... and I have been eating here for 12 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomTomPDined on 10/22/2014very good food and service. they have a kids menu and helped us celebrate a birthday with our own cake. very helpful. nice valet parking.Special Features:
- Outstanding as alwaysdlnsbDined on 10/18/2014Kirby's, as it always has for multiple years of visits, delivered an outstanding meal. This is an old school steak house. Don't bring your family, you shouldn't consider bringing a date. It's an old boy, eat food that is bad for you, single malt dessert type place. Kirby's does not disappoint. For a couple of very demanding steak guys Kirby's is consistently a highlight. Appetizers, salads, sides and desserts all took a back seat to the main course. Two beautiful 10 oz filets. Done to perfection, butter tender and served smoking from the grill. Price was what you would expect for high end food like this. Not something we can afford for a casual night out, but still a value for what we got. Don't eat lunch and get to Kirby's.Special Features:
- MEXSAFEFLYERMexsafeflyerDined on 10/18/2014Was looking for Prime Rib; by chance I visited Kirby's on Saturday (not knowing they just serve it only Fridays & Saturdays. I wasn't disappointed at all. It was great as well as the service (even though the place was packed & the rest of my dinner. I arrived 5 minutes before my reservation time & my table was waiting & ready (actually the only one free at the time); so making reservation with OpenTable was the wise thing to do & as always it worked great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhousesjgdiningDined on 10/18/2014Had a wonderful dinner there for my birthday. Lots of great menu choices and the food was superb. Our waiter Richard, was witty and prompt. We will surely make a return trip to Kirby's in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodAnonymousdiner2014Dined on 10/17/2014I came back specifically for the kirbys seafood salad! Can't speak enough on how great the food is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnermjColleyvilleDined on 10/15/2014Fabulous food & our server was very attentive to our birthday "boy". Really made the evening special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad ExperiencepbtexDined on 10/12/2014I have eaten at this resaurant before and it has been consistently good. Thies experience has me convinced never to return. We had reservations for my birthday. When we arrived we were shown to a table and seated. 15 minutes no server had approached us to take drink orders. I asked another server for assistance our service did show up. We order two glasses of wine and waited another 15 minutes for the drinks to arrive. We were ready to order but again no server. Finally after 45 minutes in the restaurant we were able to place our order. Another 45 minutes passed and we still waited for our foor. I asked for the manager. Said we did not want our meal and wanted to pay for our drinks and leave. The food showed upand we sent it back.
- Amazing steakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/8/2014We went for a romantic night and got sat in the middle of the restaurant. We were sitting next to each other and had to yell to hear each other. They were happy to move us to a booth on the outside of the dining room. This was much better. We could hear each others. My steak was overdone but still good. My husbands steak was over done one one side and underdone on the other. This was the special smoked steak and it was phenomenal despite the cooking. Sides were alright, nothing spectacular. Would have like to had the option for smaller sides so we could order more than two. Staff was phenomenal. Cheesecake dessert for our anniversary was amazing!!!Special Features:
- SuperpleasedDined on 10/7/2014OUTSTANDING!! The wonderful food was only outdone by the super-attentive and knowledgeable service staff. A first-class dining experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic DinnerBrHoDined on 10/4/2014I had never been to Kirby's before, but expected a normal "steak house" type of dinner. I was wrong - it was fantastic! The wine list was very extensive and it took a bit to find one we wanted. My wife ordered a filet mignon and I ordered a special - a Mesquite smoked filet mignon...it was unbelievable. My wife had a bite and said it was hard to go back to her "normal" filet which was also very good and cooked perfectly. As I side I added the jalapeno and bacon mac and cheese along with the Jack Daniels Sweet potatoes that came with my steak. We were way to full for dessert but the ones that we saw being delivered to tables around us looked fantastic. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellent, service fairBoloDined on 10/4/2014Server forgot us, too busy with large table who ordered several bottles of wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it has beenSoSlowDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I love going to Kirbys. But, this visit was not up to par. The service was slow and the food was not as good but the food was very hot just not as good. Because of the slow service I cannot recommend at this time.
- outstandingcaramelDined on 10/1/2014Overall feel was outstanding. From the moment we walked in, everyone is so friendly and welcoming. I recommend this restaurant for a special occasion dining. The food is so fresh - tasting and temperature appropriate. We will definitely return next year to celebrate our anniversary again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2014The smoked filet was outstanding! The lobster mac & cheese was wonderful. We were too full for dessert but took a piece of carrot cake home and it was fantastic. Absolutely great dining.Special Features:
- Great Eveningjr4dallasDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I took our Daughter and her Husband to Kirby's for their first visit. It was his birthday. We had a great time and experience. They were impressed with the service and food. They have never been to a place like this before, and now plan on returning on their own. Thank you to the management and to our servers. They were excellent is every manner. We were very please with our visit. Can't wait to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The 80's want their restaurant backKDsFoodReviewDined on 9/20/2014This place looks like, noise level like and tastes worse than a Denny's. It's definitely not a fine dining steakhouse even though the website and photos portray it to be. It looks outdated and the food is outdated. Our food was swimming in butter: appetizers, side dishes, and main courses. Our Redfish and Salmon both had at least 1/2 cup of butter poured directly on top. Our waiter explained zero during the ordering process. He also kept disappearing and when he finally showed back up he noticed we were not eating our food. We only ate the salad. He have us a "to go box and pointed out a bag" for "us to box up our food". We did not want to take it, as it was not edible. $179 later before tip, we will never go back nor refer anyone.
- Grilled Chicken Great!Top10VIPDined on 9/18/2014Always love this as a back up to the steak! It comes with skin-on mashed, and is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half Priced Wine Sundays!Top10VIPDined on 9/14/2014Found a Nickel and Nickel Cab for 199, which means that on half priced Sunday, it was 99...the same price, or less, that you would pay retail. Enjoyed that and a meal-a great deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very niceNoneDined on 9/13/2014Food, services were all good. We were in the back of the establishment and the music was still extremely loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNERgrapevine44Dined on 9/13/2014I would say the dinner was average. I was expecting more for the price. For $150.00 for 3 guests with no drinks I expect more than average. The food was good, but was only lukewarm. The service was good but did not make me want to tip anymore than average. The last time we were there it was a wonderful experience. This time, we said we wish we had gone to Bob's or Ruth Chris. I just felt a little cheated for what we received verses what paid.
- Pretentiously PedestrianDinedailyDined on 9/12/2014Restaurant was obnoxiously loud. Band playing was overbearingly noisy. Bar was overrun with local wanna be crowd that was dressed for Walmart and shouting to fellow patrons as if in a saloon. The steaks were not bad but too much fat and low quality for the price. Wine was overpriced low quality selections. We paid for the equivalent of a steak dinner at The Palm and received above average Outback. This place tries with some effort to be so much more than it is. Much better available in the area for the price.
- KIRBYS8TOMATOE8Dined on 9/12/2014OVERALL IT WAS A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE WITH 2 EXCEPTIONS. THE FOOD WAS GOOD WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE PRIME RIB (THEIR SPECIALTY). THE PRIME RIB WAS VERY TOUGH AND I COULD NOT EAT IT. THE PLACE WAS ALSO TOO NOISY AND IT WAS DIFFICULT TO CARRY ON A CONVERSATION.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationSouthlakeRandyDined on 9/9/2014Kirby's has proven to be a fabulous place to celebrate a birthday - this time was no exception! The service (bar and restaurant), the food - everything is outstanding! I highly recommend Kirby's in Southlake, TX for any occasion ... the dining experience is always first class.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014We recently visited for my Fiancés birthday and everything was absolutely wonderful! Food was amazing, service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8 years and moreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014My wife had our first formal date here and we've been coming back yearly for our anniversary as well as other special events. The food is always too good and our stomachs too small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.