Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake
3305 E. Hwy 114
Southlake, TX 76092Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kirbyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8174102221x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Private Lunches Available
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Daniel Nemec
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment featuring contemporary jazz Friday - Saturday 7:00pm - 11:00pm
- Special Events: Please contact Teddy Nugen for all private events at firstname.lastname@example.org or her cell at 817.505.6060.
A word from Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake
Continuing the legacy of Dallas' Original Steakhouse, Est. 1954, Kirby's Prime Steakhouse in Southlake, Est. 1999, is an award winning restaurant featuring Mid-Western, grain fed, aged prime beef. Kirby's also offers fresh seafood, daily specials, and a spectacular collection of New and Old World wine housed in an impressive cellar of over 3,000 bottles. Kirby's boasts a trendy jazz bar and lounge featuring live music on Friday and Saturday evenings. To compliment their excellent wine selection is classically trained Corporate Executive Chef Daniel Nemec. Chef Nemec seeks to introduce the culinary versatility of Kirby's cuisine to the newcomer, and to charm the well-educated diner with the tastes, colors, aromas, and preparation of the dishes Kirby's has to offer. Guests can enjoy one of Kirby's wonderful cocktails in the lounge or partake in a glass of wine selected by certified Sommelier, Bil Semon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake - Best Restaurants in Southlake ›
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (110)notable wine list (76)romantic (73)neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (50)vibrant bar scene (48)good for groups (46)hot spot (31)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- The 80's want their restaurant backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014This place looks like, noise level like and tastes worse than a Denny's. It's definitely not a fine dining steakhouse even though the website and photos portray it to be. It looks outdated and the food is outdated. Our food was swimming in butter: appetizers, side dishes, and main courses. Our Redfish and Salmon both had at least 1/2 cup of butter poured directly on top. Our waiter explained zero during the ordering process. He also kept disappearing and when he finally showed back up he noticed we were not eating our food. We only ate the salad. He have us a "to go box and pointed out a bag" for "us to box up our food". We did not want to take it, as it was not edible. $179 later before tip, we will never go back nor refer anyone.
- Grilled Chicken Great!Top10VIPDined on 9/18/2014Always love this as a back up to the steak! It comes with skin-on mashed, and is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half Priced Wine Sundays!Top10VIPDined on 9/14/2014Found a Nickel and Nickel Cab for 199, which means that on half priced Sunday, it was 99...the same price, or less, that you would pay retail. Enjoyed that and a meal-a great deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very niceNoneDined on 9/13/2014Food, services were all good. We were in the back of the establishment and the music was still extremely loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNERgrapevine44Dined on 9/13/2014I would say the dinner was average. I was expecting more for the price. For $150.00 for 3 guests with no drinks I expect more than average. The food was good, but was only lukewarm. The service was good but did not make me want to tip anymore than average. The last time we were there it was a wonderful experience. This time, we said we wish we had gone to Bob's or Ruth Chris. I just felt a little cheated for what we received verses what paid.
- Pretentiously PedestrianDinedailyDined on 9/12/2014Restaurant was obnoxiously loud. Band playing was overbearingly noisy. Bar was overrun with local wanna be crowd that was dressed for Walmart and shouting to fellow patrons as if in a saloon. The steaks were not bad but too much fat and low quality for the price. Wine was overpriced low quality selections. We paid for the equivalent of a steak dinner at The Palm and received above average Outback. This place tries with some effort to be so much more than it is. Much better available in the area for the price.
- KIRBYS8TOMATOE8Dined on 9/12/2014OVERALL IT WAS A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE WITH 2 EXCEPTIONS. THE FOOD WAS GOOD WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE PRIME RIB (THEIR SPECIALTY). THE PRIME RIB WAS VERY TOUGH AND I COULD NOT EAT IT. THE PLACE WAS ALSO TOO NOISY AND IT WAS DIFFICULT TO CARRY ON A CONVERSATION.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationSouthlakeRandyDined on 9/9/2014Kirby's has proven to be a fabulous place to celebrate a birthday - this time was no exception! The service (bar and restaurant), the food - everything is outstanding! I highly recommend Kirby's in Southlake, TX for any occasion ... the dining experience is always first class.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014We recently visited for my Fiancés birthday and everything was absolutely wonderful! Food was amazing, service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8 years and moreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014My wife had our first formal date here and we've been coming back yearly for our anniversary as well as other special events. The food is always too good and our stomachs too small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent servicekfragDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I went for our 1st anniversary and his birthday it was a very good place to eat. The service was outstanding and food was delightful. I would recommend this to anyone who is celebrating a significant event or a peaceful night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar Specials Best in DFWTop10VIPDined on 8/31/2014Try the lamb chops and shrimp cocktail. Between the two, you can have an entire meal for under $20.00!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed Restaurant Week menu. Been to Kirby's many times, and it never disappoints. Service was attentive and caring; even the parking valet was super-friendly. Pork tenderloin was perfectly cooked and flavorful, and the dark chocolate tart with orange slice was nice ending to a well-prepared meal. Only minor complaint is over-priced wine menu, but must compliment the wine steward for not trying to "upsell" the wine offerings. Overall, a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2014Overall a poor choice considering all the local alternatives. Steak over cooked, fish under cooked and everything over salted. Service…she tried but was assigned too many tables. Return visit doubtful.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Food was not good! The steak was red inside when I ordered well done and full of grissel. I ordered extra cheese on the side of the baked potato and did not get it. Waiter did not check to see how the food was until we had finished or I would have sent the steak back. It had been several years since we had been to Kirbys and we plan to never go back so I am sure it won't make any difference to them. I know Mr Kirby would be very unhappy with how his place had turned out.
- Not as great as usualWarrenSDined on 8/28/2014Made a reservation for our 26th anniversary. This was mentioned in the remarks of my online reservation. Extremely crowded and noisy in the room we were seated. We usually receive very attentive service, a $20.00 gift card for future use (which keeps me returning annually) and a free desert for our anniversary. None of that happened this time. What can I say?! I must just be spoiled rotten. We will probably try another establishment next year.Special Features:
- ExcellentNebraskaguestDined on 8/26/2014The service was great and the food was excellent! Our party seemed to grow after I made the original reservation and our "extra" guests were accommodated without delay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekDine4CauseDined on 8/25/2014Because Kirbys participates in the charity of Restaurant Week, we chose to dine there with friends. It was a special night for the 5 of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Visit Not the BestSLDragonDined on 8/23/2014Took advantage of restaurant week to dine on Saturday night. Service seemed slow from all staff. Larger groups nearby received most of attention, we felt like an after- thought. Noise very disruptive.
- Surf and Turf FlopRichDined on 8/22/2014Service and ambiance superb; however food was less than great. When spending what I consider pricey dining, I would think the food would be more than excellent. Started off with clam chowder,, which was not at all what I consider good! Very strange taste and unable to eat. Then when received the lobster and steak, the lobster was not sweet (even though very tender) and also had a hint of same taste as the chowder. My steak was what I consider burnt on the outside (very black charred). When I wanted an "out of this world" dining experience for this special occasion, I felt this fell extremely short of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingmartiniDined on 8/22/2014We had a party of 6. For the past 5 years we have spent an evening at Trulucks but gave your place a try. One guest had to send their steak back because it was too well done and he had ordered it rare. We were all completely finished with our meal by the time his steak arrived. My husband was very unhappy with his steak. The banana foster was HARD AS A BRICK!! THE WORSE DESSERT I HAVE EVER HAD!! We did not have a good experience!! However, Keith, our waiter was excellent and he brought extra blue cheese olives for our martinis. He made the night better but the food was very disappointing!!!
- Extremely Disappointing!MarnieDined on 8/22/2014Service....very, VERY slow. Our waitress came over many times (too many) to complain & apologize about the problems they were having with the machines, overcrowding and kitchen. We knew it was slow & gave up on pre-drink cocktails because 25 minutes in & they hadn't arrived yet. Next the food. Ceaser salad was dry, flavorless whole pieces of romaine with not much else. Shrimp in my surf & turf was very average. Now the steaks....ordered rare to med rare. They were all blackened, charbroiled on the outside & al overdone. One member of our party took his home for the dog. No time to send them back.Dessert, some banana thing, was like hard dry cake with a scoop of ice cream. I had to use my steak knife to cut thru it! Will not be returningSpecial Features:
- food was fantastic, service was okluvagoodsteakDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I went for a night out. Service by our waiter was just ok, though other servers helped him. Since we ate at 5:30 on Saturday and it was not very busy, we were a bit curious. The food...the salad was very good, the bread very hot. Our steaks came out near perfect. Might be one of the most tender steaks I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night loudGigiDined on 8/22/2014Having been to Kirby's many times before, I jumped at the chance to go again with a friend; however, it was during "restaurant week" and every table was filled. With bar chatter & music, the noise level was way too loud for conversation. My steak was well-done when I ordered "medium". I did not send it back for fear that I wouldn't get food for quite awhile. So, I picked at it and ate the remainder of the meal. The mashed potatoes were really good, as usual. The waiter accomodated me with a lettuce & tomato salad vs. the three options on the special menu :) The chocolate desert looked prettier than it tasted; however, it was OK. My recommendation is to try them on a week night - not Friday or Saturday.Special Features:
- Spectacular Wine List!Top10VIPDined on 8/19/2014The list here is not confined to a few large distributors-the wine steward is able to get all of your Orrin Swift favorites, as well as some little know vineyards in Napa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week ReviewJerryDined on 8/16/2014Not as exciting and innovative as previous Restaurant Week at Kirby's. Desert choices were disappointing, appetizers were very good, and entrees were lackluster. We are frequent diner's and enjoy the regular menu and so we like to try the Restaurant Week menu for interesting options. This past week's option did not hit the mark.Special Features:
- redbirdgrannyDined on 8/16/2014Staff were terrific. Allowing a change of tables to a more intimate table. Food was terrific and steaks cooked to our requests. Enjoyed a very nice dinner for a special occasion and staff was attentive not rushing us out the door but allowing us to visit and enjoy our dining experience. I certainly will return for another visit. Only distraction was the noise level which was very high this visit.Special Features:
- RipoffJerryDined on 8/16/2014The food was way overpriced. The web site said business casual was the dress code, however people were wearing shorts and t-shirts like they were at the beach.
- Enjoyed DinnerAndyfromIrvingHackberryDined on 8/15/2014The food was good, and the ambience was just about right. However, the service was not as I expected. I had better experience at Truluck last year with my wife.Special Features:
- Consistently good.gypsymeDined on 8/14/2014We go every couple months sometimes taking advantage of some promotion: Special prices on bottles of wine or restaurant week. To start, their bread is fabulous: real sourdough. Service is always right on without being intrusive. All the menu items are yummilicious. Yesterday we had a special appetizer that was not something I would order again...a tenderloin spring roll with chili sauce. Not their fault. It was too beefy and too big for an appetizer- filled me up, but my husband loved it. The steaks and sides were perfectly cooked and dessert the right size. Great wine list, too. It's where we go for a quiet elegant steak dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, okay service.NortonHeyDined on 8/13/2014We started with their Maryland Style Crab Cake and it was a delicious tower of crab. The Tournedos Béarnaise and Roquefort Filet were well prepared, and thankfully so, as our server never asked. Our server was not up to the usual caliber for Kirby's, but the food was.Special Features:
- Fine Dining but not greatjust4uDined on 8/12/2014I wanted to try this restaurant for a while and decided to go for my husbands birthday. I was surprised for a fine dining establishment to find the tables very close together and the noise level as loud as it was, particularly on a Tuesday evening. The restaurant was very busy and while I am accustomed to having a set amount of time given for each course, the time we spent for three courses seemed excessive. We enjoyed the steak and our wine, but the sides and salads were so, so. Too many other really good steak houses in the area to make this one a regular.
- Special Occasion GemLivingLifeDined on 8/11/2014We've found Kirby's to be an excellent spot for special occasions like anniversaries. They go out of their way to give you that special "welcome" - we even got an anniversary card from them which was very thoughtful! Great staff and outstanding food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet Still the Best!Top10VIPDined on 8/11/2014Got the 8 Oz filet, and still believe it is the best in DFW! Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chopped Salad a Treat!Top10VIPDined on 8/7/2014Love the chopped salad here..it is a great change up from the filet, and standard fare! We will definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kirby's is a solid 4.KEDS4FOODDined on 8/4/2014Service was ok, considering the Restaraunt was almost empty. I had to look for our waitress twice for service. A little too chatty when she was there. There was a loud couple at the bar who appeared intoxicated. Talking about witness protection?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripWineGuy708VIPDined on 8/2/2014This location is 30 miles from our home but was well worth it. We were sad when the Plano location closed and love the one in San Antonio. It had been a while but the menu is still great and had several seasonal offerings. My wife had surf and turf and I had the bone-in filet. Both were outstanding. I didn't remember their wine list being this good and had great choices in all formats. The hostess worked hard to make sure we were well taken care of. The only drawbacks were that our waiter seemed stretched and frazzled (but trying hard) and the acoustics are terrible (lots of noise/echos). I also had 2 kids in the booth backing up to me who kept jumping up and down in the seat (but that was their idiot father's fault, not the restaurant's).Special Features:
- Great as alwaysMilleniaDined on 7/29/2014Had 37th Anniversary Dinner here last night. Great grass fed beef New York Strip. AHI tuna excellent including presentation.Special Features:
- Grilled Chicken Great!Top10VIPDined on 7/29/2014Love this entree, which comes with the always great bread, and a side of mashed! It is a switch up from the steak, here, which is also very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the lounge areakdbensonVIPDined on 7/25/2014This is a "go to" place for us. Love Blake and Fallon & go whenever they're playing in the bar/lounge area. Nice area w tables. Food is always consistent and service is usually good. They were really busy so we were happy to see that but they were a little slow on service which is unusual. Didn't matter bc we wanted to stay for the music anyways. Pepper steak cooked perfect, tuna cooked perfectly (rare but not cold). Chocolate spice cake is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.