Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake
3305 E. Hwy 114
Southlake, TX 76092Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kirbyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8174102221x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Private Lunches Available
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Daniel Nemec
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment featuring contemporary jazz Friday - Saturday 7:00pm - 11:00pm
- Special Events: Please contact Teddy Nugen for all private events at email@example.com or her cell at 817.505.6060.
A word from Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake
Continuing the legacy of Dallas' Original Steakhouse, Est. 1954, Kirby's Prime Steakhouse in Southlake, Est. 1999, is an award winning restaurant featuring Mid-Western, grain fed, aged prime beef. Kirby's also offers fresh seafood, daily specials, and a spectacular collection of New and Old World wine housed in an impressive cellar of over 3,000 bottles. Kirby's boasts a trendy jazz bar and lounge featuring live music on Friday and Saturday evenings. To compliment their excellent wine selection is classically trained Corporate Executive Chef Daniel Nemec. Chef Nemec seeks to introduce the culinary versatility of Kirby's cuisine to the newcomer, and to charm the well-educated diner with the tastes, colors, aromas, and preparation of the dishes Kirby's has to offer. Guests can enjoy one of Kirby's wonderful cocktails in the lounge or partake in a glass of wine selected by certified Sommelier, Bil Semon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake - Best Restaurants in Southlake ›
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)notable wine list (53)romantic (52)fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (37)vibrant bar scene (37)good for groups (36)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- MEXSAFEFLYEROpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Was looking for Prime Rib; by chance I visited Kirby's on Saturday (not knowing they just serve it only Fridays & Saturdays. I wasn't disappointed at all. It was great as well as the service (even though the place was packed & the rest of my dinner. I arrived 5 minutes before my reservation time & my table was waiting & ready (actually the only one free at the time); so making reservation with OpenTable was the wise thing to do & as always it worked great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Had a wonderful dinner there for my birthday. Lots of great menu choices and the food was superb. Our waiter Richard, was witty and prompt. We will surely make a return trip to Kirby's in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodAnonymousdiner2014Dined on 10/17/2014I came back specifically for the kirbys seafood salad! Can't speak enough on how great the food is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnermjColleyvilleDined on 10/15/2014Fabulous food & our server was very attentive to our birthday "boy". Really made the evening special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/12/2014I have eaten at this resaurant before and it has been consistently good. Thies experience has me convinced never to return. We had reservations for my birthday. When we arrived we were shown to a table and seated. 15 minutes no server had approached us to take drink orders. I asked another server for assistance our service did show up. We order two glasses of wine and waited another 15 minutes for the drinks to arrive. We were ready to order but again no server. Finally after 45 minutes in the restaurant we were able to place our order. Another 45 minutes passed and we still waited for our foor. I asked for the manager. Said we did not want our meal and wanted to pay for our drinks and leave. The food showed upand we sent it back.
- Amazing steakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/8/2014We went for a romantic night and got sat in the middle of the restaurant. We were sitting next to each other and had to yell to hear each other. They were happy to move us to a booth on the outside of the dining room. This was much better. We could hear each others. My steak was overdone but still good. My husbands steak was over done one one side and underdone on the other. This was the special smoked steak and it was phenomenal despite the cooking. Sides were alright, nothing spectacular. Would have like to had the option for smaller sides so we could order more than two. Staff was phenomenal. Cheesecake dessert for our anniversary was amazing!!!Special Features:
- SuperpleasedDined on 10/7/2014OUTSTANDING!! The wonderful food was only outdone by the super-attentive and knowledgeable service staff. A first-class dining experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic DinnerBrHoDined on 10/4/2014I had never been to Kirby's before, but expected a normal "steak house" type of dinner. I was wrong - it was fantastic! The wine list was very extensive and it took a bit to find one we wanted. My wife ordered a filet mignon and I ordered a special - a Mesquite smoked filet mignon...it was unbelievable. My wife had a bite and said it was hard to go back to her "normal" filet which was also very good and cooked perfectly. As I side I added the jalapeno and bacon mac and cheese along with the Jack Daniels Sweet potatoes that came with my steak. We were way to full for dessert but the ones that we saw being delivered to tables around us looked fantastic. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellent, service fairBoloDined on 10/4/2014Server forgot us, too busy with large table who ordered several bottles of wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it has beenSoSlowDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I love going to Kirbys. But, this visit was not up to par. The service was slow and the food was not as good but the food was very hot just not as good. Because of the slow service I cannot recommend at this time.
- outstandingcaramelDined on 10/1/2014Overall feel was outstanding. From the moment we walked in, everyone is so friendly and welcoming. I recommend this restaurant for a special occasion dining. The food is so fresh - tasting and temperature appropriate. We will definitely return next year to celebrate our anniversary again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2014The smoked filet was outstanding! The lobster mac & cheese was wonderful. We were too full for dessert but took a piece of carrot cake home and it was fantastic. Absolutely great dining.Special Features:
- Great Eveningjr4dallasDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I took our Daughter and her Husband to Kirby's for their first visit. It was his birthday. We had a great time and experience. They were impressed with the service and food. They have never been to a place like this before, and now plan on returning on their own. Thank you to the management and to our servers. They were excellent is every manner. We were very please with our visit. Can't wait to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The 80's want their restaurant backKDsFoodReviewDined on 9/20/2014This place looks like, noise level like and tastes worse than a Denny's. It's definitely not a fine dining steakhouse even though the website and photos portray it to be. It looks outdated and the food is outdated. Our food was swimming in butter: appetizers, side dishes, and main courses. Our Redfish and Salmon both had at least 1/2 cup of butter poured directly on top. Our waiter explained zero during the ordering process. He also kept disappearing and when he finally showed back up he noticed we were not eating our food. We only ate the salad. He have us a "to go box and pointed out a bag" for "us to box up our food". We did not want to take it, as it was not edible. $179 later before tip, we will never go back nor refer anyone.
- Grilled Chicken Great!Top10VIPDined on 9/18/2014Always love this as a back up to the steak! It comes with skin-on mashed, and is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half Priced Wine Sundays!Top10VIPDined on 9/14/2014Found a Nickel and Nickel Cab for 199, which means that on half priced Sunday, it was 99...the same price, or less, that you would pay retail. Enjoyed that and a meal-a great deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very niceNoneDined on 9/13/2014Food, services were all good. We were in the back of the establishment and the music was still extremely loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNERgrapevine44Dined on 9/13/2014I would say the dinner was average. I was expecting more for the price. For $150.00 for 3 guests with no drinks I expect more than average. The food was good, but was only lukewarm. The service was good but did not make me want to tip anymore than average. The last time we were there it was a wonderful experience. This time, we said we wish we had gone to Bob's or Ruth Chris. I just felt a little cheated for what we received verses what paid.
- Pretentiously PedestrianDinedailyDined on 9/12/2014Restaurant was obnoxiously loud. Band playing was overbearingly noisy. Bar was overrun with local wanna be crowd that was dressed for Walmart and shouting to fellow patrons as if in a saloon. The steaks were not bad but too much fat and low quality for the price. Wine was overpriced low quality selections. We paid for the equivalent of a steak dinner at The Palm and received above average Outback. This place tries with some effort to be so much more than it is. Much better available in the area for the price.
- KIRBYS8TOMATOE8Dined on 9/12/2014OVERALL IT WAS A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE WITH 2 EXCEPTIONS. THE FOOD WAS GOOD WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE PRIME RIB (THEIR SPECIALTY). THE PRIME RIB WAS VERY TOUGH AND I COULD NOT EAT IT. THE PLACE WAS ALSO TOO NOISY AND IT WAS DIFFICULT TO CARRY ON A CONVERSATION.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationSouthlakeRandyDined on 9/9/2014Kirby's has proven to be a fabulous place to celebrate a birthday - this time was no exception! The service (bar and restaurant), the food - everything is outstanding! I highly recommend Kirby's in Southlake, TX for any occasion ... the dining experience is always first class.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014We recently visited for my Fiancés birthday and everything was absolutely wonderful! Food was amazing, service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8 years and moreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014My wife had our first formal date here and we've been coming back yearly for our anniversary as well as other special events. The food is always too good and our stomachs too small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent servicekfragDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I went for our 1st anniversary and his birthday it was a very good place to eat. The service was outstanding and food was delightful. I would recommend this to anyone who is celebrating a significant event or a peaceful night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar Specials Best in DFWTop10VIPDined on 8/31/2014Try the lamb chops and shrimp cocktail. Between the two, you can have an entire meal for under $20.00!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed Restaurant Week menu. Been to Kirby's many times, and it never disappoints. Service was attentive and caring; even the parking valet was super-friendly. Pork tenderloin was perfectly cooked and flavorful, and the dark chocolate tart with orange slice was nice ending to a well-prepared meal. Only minor complaint is over-priced wine menu, but must compliment the wine steward for not trying to "upsell" the wine offerings. Overall, a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2014Overall a poor choice considering all the local alternatives. Steak over cooked, fish under cooked and everything over salted. Service…she tried but was assigned too many tables. Return visit doubtful.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Food was not good! The steak was red inside when I ordered well done and full of grissel. I ordered extra cheese on the side of the baked potato and did not get it. Waiter did not check to see how the food was until we had finished or I would have sent the steak back. It had been several years since we had been to Kirbys and we plan to never go back so I am sure it won't make any difference to them. I know Mr Kirby would be very unhappy with how his place had turned out.
- Not as great as usualWarrenSDined on 8/28/2014Made a reservation for our 26th anniversary. This was mentioned in the remarks of my online reservation. Extremely crowded and noisy in the room we were seated. We usually receive very attentive service, a $20.00 gift card for future use (which keeps me returning annually) and a free desert for our anniversary. None of that happened this time. What can I say?! I must just be spoiled rotten. We will probably try another establishment next year.Special Features:
- ExcellentNebraskaguestDined on 8/26/2014The service was great and the food was excellent! Our party seemed to grow after I made the original reservation and our "extra" guests were accommodated without delay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekDine4CauseDined on 8/25/2014Because Kirbys participates in the charity of Restaurant Week, we chose to dine there with friends. It was a special night for the 5 of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Visit Not the BestSLDragonDined on 8/23/2014Took advantage of restaurant week to dine on Saturday night. Service seemed slow from all staff. Larger groups nearby received most of attention, we felt like an after- thought. Noise very disruptive.
- Surf and Turf FlopRichDined on 8/22/2014Service and ambiance superb; however food was less than great. When spending what I consider pricey dining, I would think the food would be more than excellent. Started off with clam chowder,, which was not at all what I consider good! Very strange taste and unable to eat. Then when received the lobster and steak, the lobster was not sweet (even though very tender) and also had a hint of same taste as the chowder. My steak was what I consider burnt on the outside (very black charred). When I wanted an "out of this world" dining experience for this special occasion, I felt this fell extremely short of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingmartiniDined on 8/22/2014We had a party of 6. For the past 5 years we have spent an evening at Trulucks but gave your place a try. One guest had to send their steak back because it was too well done and he had ordered it rare. We were all completely finished with our meal by the time his steak arrived. My husband was very unhappy with his steak. The banana foster was HARD AS A BRICK!! THE WORSE DESSERT I HAVE EVER HAD!! We did not have a good experience!! However, Keith, our waiter was excellent and he brought extra blue cheese olives for our martinis. He made the night better but the food was very disappointing!!!
- Extremely Disappointing!MarnieDined on 8/22/2014Service....very, VERY slow. Our waitress came over many times (too many) to complain & apologize about the problems they were having with the machines, overcrowding and kitchen. We knew it was slow & gave up on pre-drink cocktails because 25 minutes in & they hadn't arrived yet. Next the food. Ceaser salad was dry, flavorless whole pieces of romaine with not much else. Shrimp in my surf & turf was very average. Now the steaks....ordered rare to med rare. They were all blackened, charbroiled on the outside & al overdone. One member of our party took his home for the dog. No time to send them back.Dessert, some banana thing, was like hard dry cake with a scoop of ice cream. I had to use my steak knife to cut thru it! Will not be returningSpecial Features:
- food was fantastic, service was okluvagoodsteakDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I went for a night out. Service by our waiter was just ok, though other servers helped him. Since we ate at 5:30 on Saturday and it was not very busy, we were a bit curious. The food...the salad was very good, the bread very hot. Our steaks came out near perfect. Might be one of the most tender steaks I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night loudGigiDined on 8/22/2014Having been to Kirby's many times before, I jumped at the chance to go again with a friend; however, it was during "restaurant week" and every table was filled. With bar chatter & music, the noise level was way too loud for conversation. My steak was well-done when I ordered "medium". I did not send it back for fear that I wouldn't get food for quite awhile. So, I picked at it and ate the remainder of the meal. The mashed potatoes were really good, as usual. The waiter accomodated me with a lettuce & tomato salad vs. the three options on the special menu :) The chocolate desert looked prettier than it tasted; however, it was OK. My recommendation is to try them on a week night - not Friday or Saturday.Special Features:
- Spectacular Wine List!Top10VIPDined on 8/19/2014The list here is not confined to a few large distributors-the wine steward is able to get all of your Orrin Swift favorites, as well as some little know vineyards in Napa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week ReviewJerryDined on 8/16/2014Not as exciting and innovative as previous Restaurant Week at Kirby's. Desert choices were disappointing, appetizers were very good, and entrees were lackluster. We are frequent diner's and enjoy the regular menu and so we like to try the Restaurant Week menu for interesting options. This past week's option did not hit the mark.Special Features:
- redbirdgrannyDined on 8/16/2014Staff were terrific. Allowing a change of tables to a more intimate table. Food was terrific and steaks cooked to our requests. Enjoyed a very nice dinner for a special occasion and staff was attentive not rushing us out the door but allowing us to visit and enjoy our dining experience. I certainly will return for another visit. Only distraction was the noise level which was very high this visit.Special Features: