Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake
3305 E. Hwy 114
Southlake, TX 76092Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kirbyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8174102221x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Private Lunches Available
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Daniel Nemec
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment featuring contemporary jazz Friday - Saturday 7:00pm - 11:00pm
- Special Events: Please contact Teddy Nugen for all private events at firstname.lastname@example.org or her cell at 817.505.6060.
A word from Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake
Continuing the legacy of Dallas' Original Steakhouse, Est. 1954, Kirby's Prime Steakhouse in Southlake, Est. 1999, is an award winning restaurant featuring Mid-Western, grain fed, aged prime beef. Kirby's also offers fresh seafood, daily specials, and a spectacular collection of New and Old World wine housed in an impressive cellar of over 3,000 bottles. Kirby's boasts a trendy jazz bar and lounge featuring live music on Friday and Saturday evenings. To compliment their excellent wine selection is classically trained Corporate Executive Chef Daniel Nemec. Chef Nemec seeks to introduce the culinary versatility of Kirby's cuisine to the newcomer, and to charm the well-educated diner with the tastes, colors, aromas, and preparation of the dishes Kirby's has to offer. Guests can enjoy one of Kirby's wonderful cocktails in the lounge or partake in a glass of wine selected by certified Sommelier, Bil Semon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake - Best Restaurants in Southlake ›
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - Southlake reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (119)notable wine list (90)romantic (76)neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (53)vibrant bar scene (48)good for groups (46)hot spot (32)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014The service was great and the food was excellent! Our party seemed to grow after I made the original reservation and our "extra" guests were accommodated without delay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Visit Not the BestSLDragonDined on 8/23/2014Took advantage of restaurant week to dine on Saturday night. Service seemed slow from all staff. Larger groups nearby received most of attention, we felt like an after- thought. Noise very disruptive.
- Surf and Turf FlopRichDined on 8/22/2014Service and ambiance superb; however food was less than great. When spending what I consider pricey dining, I would think the food would be more than excellent. Started off with clam chowder,, which was not at all what I consider good! Very strange taste and unable to eat. Then when received the lobster and steak, the lobster was not sweet (even though very tender) and also had a hint of same taste as the chowder. My steak was what I consider burnt on the outside (very black charred). When I wanted an "out of this world" dining experience for this special occasion, I felt this fell extremely short of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingmartiniDined on 8/22/2014We had a party of 6. For the past 5 years we have spent an evening at Trulucks but gave your place a try. One guest had to send their steak back because it was too well done and he had ordered it rare. We were all completely finished with our meal by the time his steak arrived. My husband was very unhappy with his steak. The banana foster was HARD AS A BRICK!! THE WORSE DESSERT I HAVE EVER HAD!! We did not have a good experience!! However, Keith, our waiter was excellent and he brought extra blue cheese olives for our martinis. He made the night better but the food was very disappointing!!!
- Extremely Disappointing!MarnieDined on 8/22/2014Service....very, VERY slow. Our waitress came over many times (too many) to complain & apologize about the problems they were having with the machines, overcrowding and kitchen. We knew it was slow & gave up on pre-drink cocktails because 25 minutes in & they hadn't arrived yet. Next the food. Ceaser salad was dry, flavorless whole pieces of romaine with not much else. Shrimp in my surf & turf was very average. Now the steaks....ordered rare to med rare. They were all blackened, charbroiled on the outside & al overdone. One member of our party took his home for the dog. No time to send them back.Dessert, some banana thing, was like hard dry cake with a scoop of ice cream. I had to use my steak knife to cut thru it! Will not be returningSpecial Features:
- food was fantastic, service was okluvagoodsteakDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I went for a night out. Service by our waiter was just ok, though other servers helped him. Since we ate at 5:30 on Saturday and it was not very busy, we were a bit curious. The food...the salad was very good, the bread very hot. Our steaks came out near perfect. Might be one of the most tender steaks I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night loudGigiDined on 8/22/2014Having been to Kirby's many times before, I jumped at the chance to go again with a friend; however, it was during "restaurant week" and every table was filled. With bar chatter & music, the noise level was way too loud for conversation. My steak was well-done when I ordered "medium". I did not send it back for fear that I wouldn't get food for quite awhile. So, I picked at it and ate the remainder of the meal. The mashed potatoes were really good, as usual. The waiter accomodated me with a lettuce & tomato salad vs. the three options on the special menu :) The chocolate desert looked prettier than it tasted; however, it was OK. My recommendation is to try them on a week night - not Friday or Saturday.Special Features:
- Spectacular Wine List!Top10VIPDined on 8/19/2014The list here is not confined to a few large distributors-the wine steward is able to get all of your Orrin Swift favorites, as well as some little know vineyards in Napa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week ReviewJerryDined on 8/16/2014Not as exciting and innovative as previous Restaurant Week at Kirby's. Desert choices were disappointing, appetizers were very good, and entrees were lackluster. We are frequent diner's and enjoy the regular menu and so we like to try the Restaurant Week menu for interesting options. This past week's option did not hit the mark.Special Features:
- redbirdgrannyDined on 8/16/2014Staff were terrific. Allowing a change of tables to a more intimate table. Food was terrific and steaks cooked to our requests. Enjoyed a very nice dinner for a special occasion and staff was attentive not rushing us out the door but allowing us to visit and enjoy our dining experience. I certainly will return for another visit. Only distraction was the noise level which was very high this visit.Special Features:
- RipoffJerryDined on 8/16/2014The food was way overpriced. The web site said business casual was the dress code, however people were wearing shorts and t-shirts like they were at the beach.
- Enjoyed DinnerAndyfromIrvingHackberryDined on 8/15/2014The food was good, and the ambience was just about right. However, the service was not as I expected. I had better experience at Truluck last year with my wife.Special Features:
- Consistently good.gypsymeDined on 8/14/2014We go every couple months sometimes taking advantage of some promotion: Special prices on bottles of wine or restaurant week. To start, their bread is fabulous: real sourdough. Service is always right on without being intrusive. All the menu items are yummilicious. Yesterday we had a special appetizer that was not something I would order again...a tenderloin spring roll with chili sauce. Not their fault. It was too beefy and too big for an appetizer- filled me up, but my husband loved it. The steaks and sides were perfectly cooked and dessert the right size. Great wine list, too. It's where we go for a quiet elegant steak dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, okay service.NortonHeyDined on 8/13/2014We started with their Maryland Style Crab Cake and it was a delicious tower of crab. The Tournedos Béarnaise and Roquefort Filet were well prepared, and thankfully so, as our server never asked. Our server was not up to the usual caliber for Kirby's, but the food was.Special Features:
- Fine Dining but not greatjust4uDined on 8/12/2014I wanted to try this restaurant for a while and decided to go for my husbands birthday. I was surprised for a fine dining establishment to find the tables very close together and the noise level as loud as it was, particularly on a Tuesday evening. The restaurant was very busy and while I am accustomed to having a set amount of time given for each course, the time we spent for three courses seemed excessive. We enjoyed the steak and our wine, but the sides and salads were so, so. Too many other really good steak houses in the area to make this one a regular.
- Special Occasion GemLivingLifeDined on 8/11/2014We've found Kirby's to be an excellent spot for special occasions like anniversaries. They go out of their way to give you that special "welcome" - we even got an anniversary card from them which was very thoughtful! Great staff and outstanding food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet Still the Best!Top10VIPDined on 8/11/2014Got the 8 Oz filet, and still believe it is the best in DFW! Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chopped Salad a Treat!Top10VIPDined on 8/7/2014Love the chopped salad here..it is a great change up from the filet, and standard fare! We will definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standing the test of time!AbbeyDined on 8/5/2014My husband and I have been dining at Kirby's (Southlake) since it opened 15 years ago and have never been disappointed. Great bar atmosphere - Teddy, Chris & Max have all been there for years and make an exceptional and near-telepathic team - your glass will never stand empty :-) The dining experience is great whether you're an intimate party of 2 or a corporate group of 20+. (I really like the cozy area behind the fireplace for small groups - it's called "the library.") Wine list is extensive with a nice balance at all price points. For steaks, I put them up against Del Frisco for the best in the Metroplex. (Apologies to Bob's - a close 3rd.) P.S. Order some Pickle chips & Tequila shrimp while deciding on the entrees. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kirby's is a solid 4.KEDS4FOODDined on 8/4/2014Service was ok, considering the Restaraunt was almost empty. I had to look for our waitress twice for service. A little too chatty when she was there. There was a loud couple at the bar who appeared intoxicated. Talking about witness protection?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripWineGuy708VIPDined on 8/2/2014This location is 30 miles from our home but was well worth it. We were sad when the Plano location closed and love the one in San Antonio. It had been a while but the menu is still great and had several seasonal offerings. My wife had surf and turf and I had the bone-in filet. Both were outstanding. I didn't remember their wine list being this good and had great choices in all formats. The hostess worked hard to make sure we were well taken care of. The only drawbacks were that our waiter seemed stretched and frazzled (but trying hard) and the acoustics are terrible (lots of noise/echos). I also had 2 kids in the booth backing up to me who kept jumping up and down in the seat (but that was their idiot father's fault, not the restaurant's).Special Features:
- Great as alwaysMilleniaDined on 7/29/2014Had 37th Anniversary Dinner here last night. Great grass fed beef New York Strip. AHI tuna excellent including presentation.Special Features:
- Grilled Chicken Great!Top10VIPDined on 7/29/2014Love this entree, which comes with the always great bread, and a side of mashed! It is a switch up from the steak, here, which is also very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the lounge areakdbensonVIPDined on 7/25/2014This is a "go to" place for us. Love Blake and Fallon & go whenever they're playing in the bar/lounge area. Nice area w tables. Food is always consistent and service is usually good. They were really busy so we were happy to see that but they were a little slow on service which is unusual. Didn't matter bc we wanted to stay for the music anyways. Pepper steak cooked perfect, tuna cooked perfectly (rare but not cold). Chocolate spice cake is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnereastcoastfoodieDined on 7/22/2014The service, food, and ambiance was excellent. We went their with neighbors to celebrate my birthday and a friend's. Our meals were excellent, cooked exactly as requested. We were also offered free desserts and received gift cards for next time. Reasonably priced and easy to get to location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite spotmisacoxDined on 7/21/2014Love Kirby's! Consistently delicious! No matter what we order on the menu it's always delicious. The wait staff is always professional and helpful. We have been frequenting Kirby's ever since it opened. We know exactly what to expect when we get there. Great steaks, great service, and comfortable ambiance.Special Features:
- Always a Good Experience!Top10VIPDined on 7/21/2014Was pleased to have consistent service, quality food and drinks with this venue! Always the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Omg! The asparagus with crab was to die for. And the coconut cake was delectable.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary EveningGaryFDined on 7/18/2014Food & Service were Fantastic. We started with the Chef’s Seafood Appetizer Assortment (delicious & perfect portion size for 2). We both had incredibly prepared Filet Mignon (I had the Roquefort Filet, my wife had a Smoked Filet from the 'Specials Menu'). We split generous side dishes (we took home leftovers) of Fresh Sautéed Vegetables and Jalapeno & Bacon Mac and Cheese (my favorite). We shared an amazing bottle of Cabernet from their excellent wine collection. We finished with one of the awesome chocolate deserts & 2 forks. This was a very enjoyable Wedding Anniversary Dinner... So far, our best while living in Texas (moved here a few years ago). For a good laugh, all men diners should visit the restroom (hilarious artwork over urinals).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Love me some Kirby's, but the night we went there a charity auction going on. It was noisy enough that we had to shout at our table to be heard. Food and service were great, as always.Special Features:
- Best Bar Staff in Tarrant County!Top10VIPDined on 7/15/2014It doesn't do much good to have great happy hour/bar specials, if the people serving up the goods are not doing their job well. Even thought a long time bar tender, Maria, left, Kirbys has seemed to have picked up where she left off, with her replacement, who did a great job of expediting everyone's orders, and mixing some really great concoctions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kirby'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Wonderful dinner. Entrees can be split between two people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chopped Salad a Treat!Top10VIPDined on 7/12/2014If you are looking for lighter fare, or just want a salad to go with your meal, I would highly recommend the chopped salad here, which has just the right combination of apples, bacon, bleu cheese, lettuce, and tomato!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar Specials Best in DFWTop10VIPDined on 7/10/2014If you arrive at the bar M-F before 7 PM, take advantage of one half priced appetizers. Those on the list here, are not the customary appetizers, but three pork chops for under 10 dollars, normally almost twice that. As a bonus-they are really good, and will satisfy your appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grilled Chicken Great!Top10VIPDined on 7/8/2014I was looking for a change up this time from my customary filet, and decided to ask for a simple grilled chicken. They brought out a delightful partially breaded chicken with the leg bone in. It came with a generous portion of mashed potatoes, which were prepared to perfection and an optional sauce! I would recommend asking for this in the absence of wanting a steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!RocladyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Can't believe we missed this for so long. The epitome of fine dining...and the food to die for...the Tournedos Bernaise melts in your mouth. But after an excellent meal with wonderful service, the icing on the cake was the dessert menu. FINALLY, light...and chocolate...desserts to tempt a lady's heart...even after a five course meal. And the dress code, while not super casual, was relaxed and welcoming. All in all, our new venue to head for after a stressful day (sans children) or any ole time at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to celebrate!FoodDined on 7/5/2014Our friends recommended Kirby's and we tried it for the first time to celebrate our anniversary. We were pleased with the excellent, attentive service from our knowledgeable waiter, Nick. We started with the deep-fried asparagus. I had a very flavorful lobster bisque and my husband had a seafood salad. We had some beautifully cooked (although rather liberally salted!) steaks. We had a scrumptious lobster risotto and creamed spinach for our sides. These, along with the house salads that came with the steak made for a lot of food. We ended up taking home enough to have a lunch the following day! Because it was our anniversary, they boxed up a free carrot cake for us to take home and gave us a $20.00 gift card - a lovely touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in TArrant!Top10VIPDined on 7/3/2014I am convinced that you will find the best steak, in my case, the filet, here at Kirbys. I dined at the bar, and the ambience, and service was as good as the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Kirby'sTandCWeaverDined on 6/27/2014Our food was fabulous! our 7 year old grand daughter had the chicken tenders and loved the seafood for 4 appetizers and the bread! Our 14 year old had the shrimp with the lump crab and clam chowder; my husband had the red fish and the lobster bisque and I ate the lobster bisque and the rib eye Med rare and it was perfect! We truly enjoyed the service and the food. We will go back again!Special Features:
- Unparalleled Wine List!Top10VIPDined on 6/26/2014You can find any of your favorite red or white wines here! The wine steward has clearly shown he is captive to no corporate interests by maintaining a true variety from the best of Orrin Swift to French Reds to Caymus! The food to order with it, is also good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.