Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio
123 N. Loop 1604
San Antonio, TX 78232Neighborhood:
North San Antonio
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kirbyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (210) 404-2221
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour Monday - Friday from 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Daniel Nemec
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact Ashley Avery directly for details @ 832.527.6515 or via email @ email@example.com.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment featuring contemporary music acts- Friday & Saturday 7:00pm - 11:00pm
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip): $50 and over
A word from Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio
Continuing the legacy of Dallas' Original Steakhouse, Est. 1954, Kirby's Prime Steakhouse in San Antonio, Est. 2007, is an award winning restaurant featuring Mid-Western, grain fed, aged prime beef. Kirby's also offers fresh seafood, daily chef features, and a spectacular collection of New and Old World wine housed in an impressive cellar of over 3,000 bottles. Kirby's boasts a trendy jazz bar and lounge featuring live music on Friday and Saturday evenings. To compliment their excellent wine selection is classically trained Corporate Executive Chef Daniel Nemec. Chef Nemec seeks to introduce the culinary versatility of Kirby's cuisine to the newcomer, and to charm the well-educated diner with the tastes, colors, aromas, and preparation of the dishes Kirby's has to offer. Guests can enjoy our lounge while partaking in a hand crafted cocktail, premium spirit or a glass of wine selected by certified Sommelier, Sam Miller.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in North San Antonio ›
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)romantic (61)notable wine list (48)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- We love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014The food is outstanding. I recommend you try the crab cake appetizer yummy! This restaurant is comfortable enough to have dinner for everyday without being too fussy but nice enough for special occasions as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!SlyaceDined on 11/11/2014We had the special ribeye. Excellent. Our dinner was for a family birthday and the dessert was amazing as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first and last visitPcareDined on 11/5/2014We decided to try dinner for a bday celebration. This place is romantic and has a good vibe. The vine list was overpriced; as most restaurants are. I was surprised on how bland the food was. The quality of the ingredients was obvious; but preparation was subpar. We had a steak that was over cooked. The service was great until we got our bill. After we received our $300 bill our service stopped. We had to ask someone else to bring us to go box. We stayed for another 20 min after our bill came before we felt that we had been forgotten about and left. In an area with numerous restaurants we will be going to another one. Just not worth the extra money.Special Features:
- B-DayRascal2307Dined on 11/3/2014Took my son there for 19th B-day! Our server Dan was fantastic! Food excellent! As usual- we shall be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor poor customer service.Foodlover1121Dined on 11/1/2014Email kirby Steakhouse about what happened on the night of dining. No response from management team. Waiters are fine, but kitchen has a problem with getting food out right durning busy times. Guess they think they are better then the customer.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Everything tasted wonderful, from the Lobster Cargot to the Prime Rib Special! We will DEFINITELY be back again!Special Features:
- Great SteaksMorelesVIPDined on 10/30/2014AS always the only steak House in San Antonio that gets every ones steak exactly as ordered. Everytime.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/25/2014Took another couple for his birthday. We were seated in the main dining room where because of the live music and the ceiling design, it was too loud to talk. Asked twice for the volume to be reduced and then they moved us to another room where it was quiet. But food was disappointing. Two of the steaks were significantly overcooked and one was under cooked-rare instead of medium. Sides were under salted. But we didn't send anything back because we were tired and ready to go. Our server, Christine, was very nice and attentive.
- DisappointedExceptionalDined on 10/25/2014I was underwhelmed. Service was good, the food mostly disappointing. Filet was thin/overcooked. A friend at the table was shocked and didn't even recognize it as a steak. Waiter offered to return, but this would have disrupted the flow of the entire meal. The house salad was a bowl of iceberg lettuce with 3 halves of the tiniest tomatoes grown on the side of the bowl, plain, poor presentation. Appetizer-a shrimp dish-served with a special relish, was essentially flavorless and the relish was merely tiny squiggles on the plate, not enough to flavor the shrimp. The Jalapeno mac & cheese was flavorful but sauce thin. Crème brulee was decent. Dessert menu substantial but unremarkable. For the money, much better restaurants in town.
- Date nightRobLDined on 10/24/2014This was our second visit to Kirby's. Still not impressed. The steak is good. Mashed potatoes are wonderful! Service was lacking. First course of Poblano chicken soup was good. My wifes house salad had big 3 chunks of rusty stem lettuce on it. Very disappointing for a restaurant of this caliber. Plus the first course took forever. Water glass seemed to never get refilled. Cream Brule was good. The coffee was hot this time, compared to the last visit but a refill would have been nice. When it was time to pay, the book sat what felt like forever to get paid out. My card was clearly sticking out of the book. Kirby's isn't cheap and I don't mind spending the money, but not for that kind of experience.
- Food and service was excellent.NeedToVentDined on 10/23/2014Be sure to try Happy Hour -- the drink prices are extremely reasonable and the appetizer selections are both unique and very fairly priced. The shrimp cocktail, especially, is a treat. Plus, the bartender makes a perfect martini.Special Features:
- AmazingBDDinner4bestfriendDined on 10/21/2014The restaurant was wonderful I will be going back again. The. Best steak I have ever had. It was my first time going but I think it was a excellent choice I took my best friend out for her birthday at the end the brought out a cake and a card for her. She loved it. Our waiter was the best he explained everything and made us feel at home whatever we needed he was right there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentMarissaZDined on 10/17/2014Great food, service, and experience! We went to Kirby's to celebrate our son's 16th birthday. The filet mignon was outstanding as well as the service. The waiter was great - good suggestions, outgoing personlaity, and timely. Start to finish everything was top notch.
- Something changedoverjoyedDined on 10/15/2014We've been here before and it was great. Went back for our anniversary. the chef had trouble cooking a med rare steak, sent it back twice and it still wasn't cooked correctly. ate it anyway because our waiter was busy with a 20 person table that they sat us in front of even though we told them it was our anniversary. I had to flag down another waiter to help us. the fillet was very tough for a high end steak place. there are many other high end steak places here, we wont ever go back to kirbys after that experience.
- My Favorite ResturantFavoritePlaceDined on 10/14/2014The servers are well trained they know everything that is on the menu. No matter what question you have about he food they have an answer. Servers understand the pairing of food and wine. Very polite and I will return over and over.Special Features:
- Quick and Easy79YRSDined on 10/12/2014Getting reservations was very quick and efficient. Seating was immediate by very friendly and elegant hostesses. Meal was a great treat. Service is first class and cost is reasonable for quality of food.Special Features:
- Great steak househollydollDined on 10/4/2014Steaks were cooked perfectly, sauces and dressings were great, and sides selected were fresh and flavorful. Only drawback was that we were too full to try dessert! Get the house garlic dressing if you get a salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience, Mediocre Steak?2thDrBDined on 9/27/2014The best thing about my meal was the jalapeno macaroni and cheese. Filet medallions lacked seasoning (no salt), duck confit was not crisp or flavorful at all (again lacking flavor) and the honey glaze was simply terrible. I was very disappointed in my meal overall. I expected a steakhouse to nail the steak. My friend seemed to enjoy her shrimp and angel hair pasta. I doubt I'll return for steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usual!RonDawg187Dined on 9/27/2014We frequent Kirby's for our celebrations i.e. Birthdays, Anniversaries, etc... As usual the service was great and the food even better. If you have the time and a little extra to spend on a meal, this is the place to go! We love it and will be back for our daughters birthday as well.Special Features:
- Great for Family CelebrationBr8945Dined on 9/24/2014We celebrated my birthday here with our children and grandchildren. Everyone found food to suit their tastes, all was well prepared and very tasty. Our server, Christine was outstanding. We will continue to come to Kirby's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerCandymanDined on 9/23/2014Had a great business dinner with our financial advisor. Food was excellent and service was very good as well. Wine list was very nice but since I was the only one drinking wine didn't have a chance to sample much of it. Noise level was a little high for a business meeting but acceptable. Overall, a very nice dinner and evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food, Best Experiencelc99Dined on 9/18/2014Kirby's is the best of the fine dinning steakhouses. The best food, the best service and the best atmosphere. Perfect for any special event or just a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014I would say that our wait staff was the best I have ever had. We were lucky enough to have Ellen as our main waitress, but she had a couple of other helpers as well. They were very informative, and Knowledgeable on all the food choices. They also had a great sense of humor, and our guests had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wedding anniversaryCustomer4lifeDined on 9/14/2014Tonight my wife and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary at our favorite restaurant, Kirby's. This visit was by far the greatest and most wonderful experience we have had at Kirby's, each visit has always been great but tonight was absolutely amazing. Robyn, the chefs and the great waitstaff made this occasion almost as delicious and memorable as our actual wedding. This was a truly great experience, we thank the staff at Kirby's and we have found our home away from home and we will never go anywhere else for our special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your typical steakhouseSAfoodchicDined on 9/13/2014Although the food was delicious and the service was great, there was nothing about this place that sets it apart from the others. You're buying overpriced food and drinks, sitting at a four top, in an average looking restaurant. The restaurant lacked any unique character, but the food and service was very good....expensive, but good.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodSamanthaVIPDined on 9/13/2014First time at Kirby's and we will be back. Food was wonderful and service excellent. Try TE lobster escargot, it was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What did you sayMyownnickname9999Dined on 9/12/2014Had a nice meal on friday night. They accommodated my request fror a booth which was appreciated. As usual, it was so loud conversation was all but impossible. much as I like the food, I will think twice about eating at Kirby's again.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.MilkmanDined on 9/12/2014At Kirby's one can always find some of the best dishes in San Antonio. We are always treated great from the curbside valet to the final check. This is one of our favorite all time restaurants.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceBirthdayDined on 9/10/2014My daughter and I ate here for her birthday! The food was incredible! The service was perfectly attentive and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Really enjoyed the dining experience at the restaurant. Food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:
- BirthdayGoodgfDined on 9/6/2014The table was perfect for the pair of us. His birthday was made complete with the beautiful recommendations from the staff and amazing food and service. Thank you so much!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HankDined on 9/6/2014Very enjoyable dining experience. Friends who were our guests were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noneDined on 9/6/2014this was an excellent choice for a birthday celebration. The service (Sunny) was excellent as was the food. Definitely would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Going out of business?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014It was 100+ degrees outside. Asked for sparkling water. They don't have any sparkling water. Ordered a Bloody Mary and it was too hot/spicy to drink. They brought another with just tomato juice, pretty lame. Ordered their signature dish with beefsteak tomatoes. They don't have any beefsteak tomatoes today. Ordered a salad instead. Got a tiny handful of iceberg lettuce with brown edges and ONE measly cherry tomato cut into four pieces. No other garnish. Nasty! Ordered a cappuccino. Guess what? Machine is broken and will be sometime fixed next week. My guess if you don't got the $$ for water and tomatoes or cash to fix the coffee machine - you are going out of business. Nuff said.
- awsomeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014the food was delicious. Service was amazing. We celebrated my wife's birthday the restaurant gave her a card with a gift card attached for a future visit. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Always AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014Kirby's never disappoints with great food, atmosphere and service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014It was my fathers 87th birthday and I had mentioned that when I made the reservation online. Our waiter, Billy, and all the wait staff, were excellent and very attentive. The food was fantastic, I had Sea Bass and my father had a NY Strip, cooked perfectly!! At the end of out meal, it was just my father and I, Billy brought a fabulous chocolate, cinnamon cake w/ice cream topped w/a chocolate ribbon w/Happy Birthday written on it as well as a glass of port and dessert wine for my father. It was vey thoughtful and made the occasion!! I would highly recommend Kirby's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great nightCustomer4lifeDined on 8/29/2014Once again Kirby's did not disappoint. Their restaurant week menu was excellent, the service and food was amazing as usual. My wife and I have enjoyed every visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findNewlyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Went in to try the Culinaria (Restaurant Week) menu. Hit the bar first and discovered a really nice happy hour menu with good selection of special drink offerings and wine choices. Greeted in the dining room by Billly. Very knowledgable and patient with us on our first time. Tempted to try some of the specials but stuck with the Culinaria menu. Steak was very good, perfecdtlyl prepared, wife had pork loin which was wonderful. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Good food but small portionssassydinerDined on 8/29/2014The food was delicious but the portions were on the small sideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.