Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio
123 N. Loop 1604
San Antonio, TX 78232Neighborhood:
North San Antonio
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kirbyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2104042221
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour Monday - Friday from 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Daniel Nemec
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact Ashley Avery directly for details @ 832.527.6515 or via email @ email@example.com.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment featuring contemporary music acts- Friday & Saturday 7:00pm - 11:00pm
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip): $50 and over
A word from Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio
Continuing the legacy of Dallas' Original Steakhouse, Est. 1954, Kirby's Prime Steakhouse in San Antonio, Est. 2007, is an award winning restaurant featuring Mid-Western, grain fed, aged prime beef. Kirby's also offers fresh seafood, daily chef features, and a spectacular collection of New and Old World wine housed in an impressive cellar of over 3,000 bottles. Kirby's boasts a trendy jazz bar and lounge featuring live music on Friday and Saturday evenings. To compliment their excellent wine selection is classically trained Corporate Executive Chef Daniel Nemec. Chef Nemec seeks to introduce the culinary versatility of Kirby's cuisine to the newcomer, and to charm the well-educated diner with the tastes, colors, aromas, and preparation of the dishes Kirby's has to offer. Guests can enjoy our lounge while partaking in a hand crafted cocktail, premium spirit or a glass of wine selected by certified Sommelier, Sam Miller.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in North San Antonio ›
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)romantic (65)notable wine list (52)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014The restaurant was wonderful I will be going back again. The. Best steak I have ever had. It was my first time going but I think it was a excellent choice I took my best friend out for her birthday at the end the brought out a cake and a card for her. She loved it. Our waiter was the best he explained everything and made us feel at home whatever we needed he was right there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentMarissaZDined on 10/17/2014Great food, service, and experience! We went to Kirby's to celebrate our son's 16th birthday. The filet mignon was outstanding as well as the service. The waiter was great - good suggestions, outgoing personlaity, and timely. Start to finish everything was top notch.
- Something changedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014We've been here before and it was great. Went back for our anniversary. the chef had trouble cooking a med rare steak, sent it back twice and it still wasn't cooked correctly. ate it anyway because our waiter was busy with a 20 person table that they sat us in front of even though we told them it was our anniversary. I had to flag down another waiter to help us. the fillet was very tough for a high end steak place. there are many other high end steak places here, we wont ever go back to kirbys after that experience.
- Quick and Easy79YRSDined on 10/12/2014Getting reservations was very quick and efficient. Seating was immediate by very friendly and elegant hostesses. Meal was a great treat. Service is first class and cost is reasonable for quality of food.Special Features:
- Great steak househollydollDined on 10/4/2014Steaks were cooked perfectly, sauces and dressings were great, and sides selected were fresh and flavorful. Only drawback was that we were too full to try dessert! Get the house garlic dressing if you get a salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience, Mediocre Steak?2thDrBDined on 9/27/2014The best thing about my meal was the jalapeno macaroni and cheese. Filet medallions lacked seasoning (no salt), duck confit was not crisp or flavorful at all (again lacking flavor) and the honey glaze was simply terrible. I was very disappointed in my meal overall. I expected a steakhouse to nail the steak. My friend seemed to enjoy her shrimp and angel hair pasta. I doubt I'll return for steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usual!RonDawg187Dined on 9/27/2014We frequent Kirby's for our celebrations i.e. Birthdays, Anniversaries, etc... As usual the service was great and the food even better. If you have the time and a little extra to spend on a meal, this is the place to go! We love it and will be back for our daughters birthday as well.Special Features:
- Great for Family CelebrationBr8945Dined on 9/24/2014We celebrated my birthday here with our children and grandchildren. Everyone found food to suit their tastes, all was well prepared and very tasty. Our server, Christine was outstanding. We will continue to come to Kirby's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerCandymanDined on 9/23/2014Had a great business dinner with our financial advisor. Food was excellent and service was very good as well. Wine list was very nice but since I was the only one drinking wine didn't have a chance to sample much of it. Noise level was a little high for a business meeting but acceptable. Overall, a very nice dinner and evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food, Best Experiencelc99Dined on 9/18/2014Kirby's is the best of the fine dinning steakhouses. The best food, the best service and the best atmosphere. Perfect for any special event or just a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014I would say that our wait staff was the best I have ever had. We were lucky enough to have Ellen as our main waitress, but she had a couple of other helpers as well. They were very informative, and Knowledgeable on all the food choices. They also had a great sense of humor, and our guests had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wedding anniversaryCustomer4lifeDined on 9/14/2014Tonight my wife and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary at our favorite restaurant, Kirby's. This visit was by far the greatest and most wonderful experience we have had at Kirby's, each visit has always been great but tonight was absolutely amazing. Robyn, the chefs and the great waitstaff made this occasion almost as delicious and memorable as our actual wedding. This was a truly great experience, we thank the staff at Kirby's and we have found our home away from home and we will never go anywhere else for our special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your typical steakhouseSAfoodchicDined on 9/13/2014Although the food was delicious and the service was great, there was nothing about this place that sets it apart from the others. You're buying overpriced food and drinks, sitting at a four top, in an average looking restaurant. The restaurant lacked any unique character, but the food and service was very good....expensive, but good.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodSamanthaDined on 9/13/2014First time at Kirby's and we will be back. Food was wonderful and service excellent. Try TE lobster escargot, it was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What did you sayMyownnickname9999Dined on 9/12/2014Had a nice meal on friday night. They accommodated my request fror a booth which was appreciated. As usual, it was so loud conversation was all but impossible. much as I like the food, I will think twice about eating at Kirby's again.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.MilkmanDined on 9/12/2014At Kirby's one can always find some of the best dishes in San Antonio. We are always treated great from the curbside valet to the final check. This is one of our favorite all time restaurants.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceBirthdayDined on 9/10/2014My daughter and I ate here for her birthday! The food was incredible! The service was perfectly attentive and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Really enjoyed the dining experience at the restaurant. Food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:
- BirthdayGoodgfDined on 9/6/2014The table was perfect for the pair of us. His birthday was made complete with the beautiful recommendations from the staff and amazing food and service. Thank you so much!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HankDined on 9/6/2014Very enjoyable dining experience. Friends who were our guests were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noneDined on 9/6/2014this was an excellent choice for a birthday celebration. The service (Sunny) was excellent as was the food. Definitely would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Going out of business?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014It was 100+ degrees outside. Asked for sparkling water. They don't have any sparkling water. Ordered a Bloody Mary and it was too hot/spicy to drink. They brought another with just tomato juice, pretty lame. Ordered their signature dish with beefsteak tomatoes. They don't have any beefsteak tomatoes today. Ordered a salad instead. Got a tiny handful of iceberg lettuce with brown edges and ONE measly cherry tomato cut into four pieces. No other garnish. Nasty! Ordered a cappuccino. Guess what? Machine is broken and will be sometime fixed next week. My guess if you don't got the $$ for water and tomatoes or cash to fix the coffee machine - you are going out of business. Nuff said.
- awsomeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014the food was delicious. Service was amazing. We celebrated my wife's birthday the restaurant gave her a card with a gift card attached for a future visit. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Always AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014Kirby's never disappoints with great food, atmosphere and service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014It was my fathers 87th birthday and I had mentioned that when I made the reservation online. Our waiter, Billy, and all the wait staff, were excellent and very attentive. The food was fantastic, I had Sea Bass and my father had a NY Strip, cooked perfectly!! At the end of out meal, it was just my father and I, Billy brought a fabulous chocolate, cinnamon cake w/ice cream topped w/a chocolate ribbon w/Happy Birthday written on it as well as a glass of port and dessert wine for my father. It was vey thoughtful and made the occasion!! I would highly recommend Kirby's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great nightCustomer4lifeDined on 8/29/2014Once again Kirby's did not disappoint. Their restaurant week menu was excellent, the service and food was amazing as usual. My wife and I have enjoyed every visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findNewlyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Went in to try the Culinaria (Restaurant Week) menu. Hit the bar first and discovered a really nice happy hour menu with good selection of special drink offerings and wine choices. Greeted in the dining room by Billly. Very knowledgable and patient with us on our first time. Tempted to try some of the specials but stuck with the Culinaria menu. Steak was very good, perfecdtlyl prepared, wife had pork loin which was wonderful. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Good food but small portionssassydinerDined on 8/29/2014The food was delicious but the portions were on the small sideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Our waitress, Christine, made our dining experience a lot of fun.Special Features:
- Great place!MabelDined on 8/23/2014Loving this place. Food excellent...the fried artichoke appetizer is not to be missed. Red meat alternatives are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerPinkieSueDined on 8/22/2014We went for the restaurant week and the food was great, the service was outstanding and it was overall a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was greatLisaPDined on 8/21/2014Been to Kirby's several times, it's always consistently goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experience.bubbadDined on 8/21/2014Kirby's should just stay out of Restaurant Week. We had to ask for that menu, then the waiter steered us away from the better entree. The floor manager then insulted me when I said the tenderloin on a skewer was too tough to eat, perhaps I was trying to cut through the skewer! They did comp my meal, but their offerings did not compare with the other upscale restaurants we visited during Restaurant Week.
- PattyWDined on 8/21/2014Our service in the dining room was very good, but in the bar was not good, too many people not enough staff, also, very noisy. Happy hour wine choices was basically one white one red. The happy hour menu looked interesting, but due to noise level not sure we would go back and spend much time in the bar.Special Features:
- Kirby's Meets All ExpectationsjomsometDined on 8/20/2014We went to Kirby's this time as part of Restaurant Week and chose from the offered menu. Some restaurants can disappoint in their menu selection for this week but not Kirby's - it was wonderful. Food, service and ambience were nothing less than excellent. We both had the beef tenderloin spring rolls with spicy sauce and it was so tasty. My New York Strip - medium rare - was just that, with never a hint of being over or undercooked. Desserts were innovative, right sized and truly just right to end the meal with. This was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerRascal2307Dined on 8/20/2014Celebrated our 21st anniversary @Kirby's! Food, service and the manager Sam excellent! We shall be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekUfrencherDined on 8/17/2014Went for restaurant week. The food was awesome. Great waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good Anniversary DinnerSteveMDined on 8/17/2014My wife has been wanting to go to Kirby's for quite sometime. First off the bread had no flavor. My salmon still had the plastic around it (obviously it wasn't freshly made) and I figured that out while the plastic was in my mouth. There were pesky gnats flying around our table. The banana foster/bread pudding was hard to slice and chew through...like microwaved bread. On the upside, the steak and mac n cheese was pretty good. For the money I paid...this was a poor experience overall. I simply cannot recommend Kirby's to any of my friends. As far as a message to the manager...she knew I chewed plastic..brought me out another salmon appetizer after i said I did not want that again. I think mgmnt should have done something about the service.Special Features:
- Kirby's never disappointsDaisyDined on 8/16/2014As expected, there was no disappointment Saturday night. We happened to dine during restaurant week which just made it even better...price wise. The fried artichoke appetizer was incredible! Cory, our server, had a sixth sense...always knowing when we needed something. The food, ambience and company were fabulous! Will be hitting this hotspot again, soon. Thanks, Kirby's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!HankDined on 8/15/2014Thanks for a great birthday celebration - great food and superb service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.