Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio
123 N. Loop 1604
San Antonio, TX 78232Neighborhood:
North San Antonio
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kirbyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2104042221
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour Monday - Friday from 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Daniel Nemec
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact Ashley Avery directly for details @ 832.527.6515 or via email @ email@example.com.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment featuring contemporary music acts- Friday & Saturday 7:00pm - 11:00pm
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip): $50 and over
A word from Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio
Continuing the legacy of Dallas' Original Steakhouse, Est. 1954, Kirby's Prime Steakhouse in San Antonio, Est. 2007, is an award winning restaurant featuring Mid-Western, grain fed, aged prime beef. Kirby's also offers fresh seafood, daily chef features, and a spectacular collection of New and Old World wine housed in an impressive cellar of over 3,000 bottles. Kirby's boasts a trendy jazz bar and lounge featuring live music on Friday and Saturday evenings. To compliment their excellent wine selection is classically trained Corporate Executive Chef Daniel Nemec. Chef Nemec seeks to introduce the culinary versatility of Kirby's cuisine to the newcomer, and to charm the well-educated diner with the tastes, colors, aromas, and preparation of the dishes Kirby's has to offer. Guests can enjoy our lounge while partaking in a hand crafted cocktail, premium spirit or a glass of wine selected by certified Sommelier, Sam Miller.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in North San Antonio ›
Kirby's Prime Steakhouse - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)romantic (69)notable wine list (60)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (23)vibrant bar scene (20)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (9)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- awsomeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014the food was delicious. Service was amazing. We celebrated my wife's birthday the restaurant gave her a card with a gift card attached for a future visit. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Always AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014Kirby's never disappoints with great food, atmosphere and service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014It was my fathers 87th birthday and I had mentioned that when I made the reservation online. Our waiter, Billy, and all the wait staff, were excellent and very attentive. The food was fantastic, I had Sea Bass and my father had a NY Strip, cooked perfectly!! At the end of out meal, it was just my father and I, Billy brought a fabulous chocolate, cinnamon cake w/ice cream topped w/a chocolate ribbon w/Happy Birthday written on it as well as a glass of port and dessert wine for my father. It was vey thoughtful and made the occasion!! I would highly recommend Kirby's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great nightCustomer4lifeDined on 8/29/2014Once again Kirby's did not disappoint. Their restaurant week menu was excellent, the service and food was amazing as usual. My wife and I have enjoyed every visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findNewlyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Went in to try the Culinaria (Restaurant Week) menu. Hit the bar first and discovered a really nice happy hour menu with good selection of special drink offerings and wine choices. Greeted in the dining room by Billly. Very knowledgable and patient with us on our first time. Tempted to try some of the specials but stuck with the Culinaria menu. Steak was very good, perfecdtlyl prepared, wife had pork loin which was wonderful. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Good food but small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food was delicious but the portions were on the small sideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Our waitress, Christine, made our dining experience a lot of fun.Special Features:
- Great place!MabelDined on 8/23/2014Loving this place. Food excellent...the fried artichoke appetizer is not to be missed. Red meat alternatives are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerPinkieSueDined on 8/22/2014We went for the restaurant week and the food was great, the service was outstanding and it was overall a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was greatLisaPDined on 8/21/2014Been to Kirby's several times, it's always consistently goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experience.bubbadDined on 8/21/2014Kirby's should just stay out of Restaurant Week. We had to ask for that menu, then the waiter steered us away from the better entree. The floor manager then insulted me when I said the tenderloin on a skewer was too tough to eat, perhaps I was trying to cut through the skewer! They did comp my meal, but their offerings did not compare with the other upscale restaurants we visited during Restaurant Week.
- PattyWDined on 8/21/2014Our service in the dining room was very good, but in the bar was not good, too many people not enough staff, also, very noisy. Happy hour wine choices was basically one white one red. The happy hour menu looked interesting, but due to noise level not sure we would go back and spend much time in the bar.Special Features:
- Kirby's Meets All ExpectationsjomsometDined on 8/20/2014We went to Kirby's this time as part of Restaurant Week and chose from the offered menu. Some restaurants can disappoint in their menu selection for this week but not Kirby's - it was wonderful. Food, service and ambience were nothing less than excellent. We both had the beef tenderloin spring rolls with spicy sauce and it was so tasty. My New York Strip - medium rare - was just that, with never a hint of being over or undercooked. Desserts were innovative, right sized and truly just right to end the meal with. This was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerRascal2307Dined on 8/20/2014Celebrated our 21st anniversary @Kirby's! Food, service and the manager Sam excellent! We shall be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekUfrencherDined on 8/17/2014Went for restaurant week. The food was awesome. Great waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good Anniversary DinnerSteveMDined on 8/17/2014My wife has been wanting to go to Kirby's for quite sometime. First off the bread had no flavor. My salmon still had the plastic around it (obviously it wasn't freshly made) and I figured that out while the plastic was in my mouth. There were pesky gnats flying around our table. The banana foster/bread pudding was hard to slice and chew through...like microwaved bread. On the upside, the steak and mac n cheese was pretty good. For the money I paid...this was a poor experience overall. I simply cannot recommend Kirby's to any of my friends. As far as a message to the manager...she knew I chewed plastic..brought me out another salmon appetizer after i said I did not want that again. I think mgmnt should have done something about the service.Special Features:
- Kirby's never disappointsDaisyDined on 8/16/2014As expected, there was no disappointment Saturday night. We happened to dine during restaurant week which just made it even better...price wise. The fried artichoke appetizer was incredible! Cory, our server, had a sixth sense...always knowing when we needed something. The food, ambience and company were fabulous! Will be hitting this hotspot again, soon. Thanks, Kirby's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!HankDined on 8/15/2014Thanks for a great birthday celebration - great food and superb service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Enjoyable EveningJimedgusDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary. Food and service were outstanding. Steaks done to perfection. Noise level was high, especially the live music from the bar. Suggest you ask for seating away from the bar. Valet parking and visible security a real plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerSteakloverDined on 8/9/2014We had a great meal. However, there was live music in the bar that was loud. Fortunately they were on break part of the time we were there. We were also told we would get a dessert for no charge because someone in our party had a birthday. We did not ask for it. We were charged for the dessert but were given a small credit on the bill. It did not cover the cost of it. I think if we had known it would be charged we would have chosen our own dessert or not had one at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ambombDined on 8/9/2014The atmosphere was great. The waiter(Shaun) was outstanding, very attentive as well as informative about the menu items. The crab cake was the best I've ever tasted. I loved how a salad and soup of the day came with your entrée. (Other steakhouses I've been to charge separately). The steak was cooked to perfection. Can not wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/8/2014Our favorite steakhouse, by far. Kirby's never disappoints with great atmosphere, service and food!!!Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Dinner!!RichardsonsDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary at Kirby's and the whole experience was outstanding. The food and service (our waiter Jesse, in particular) were fantastic. The ambience was perfect for a romantic dinner. The special touches help make it a special night. Thank you, Kirby's!Special Features:
- One of bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014This was one of the best experiences I've had at a San Antonio steakhouse. Wait-staff was friendly, attentive, professional, but not stuffy. The food was excellent. Wonderful lamb chops, even my kids enjoyed them with the button mushroom sauce. Steak was perfectly cooked, excellent drinks (though we didn't order wine this time it was an impressive menu). Mashed potatoes were creamy and rustic, one of the best starch side dishes I've had at a SA steakhouse. Will definitely come back as aside from Ruth's Chris, Bohanan's, and Chama Gaucha this was one of the best steak experiences I've had in SA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The experience from start to finish was amazing. Lobster cargot, lobster risotto, and the salmon are all must haves.Special Features:
- great placeetb67Dined on 7/30/2014Great food, very good service server very knowledgeable about wine and food made for a wonderful anniversary diner, We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightBrianDined on 7/30/2014We are a mid-30s married couple with an infant son (who is home with a sitter on date-night). We always enjoy our dinner and time together at Kirby's. The ambiance, service, and food are always fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kirby reviewSundancerDined on 7/30/2014From the moment we walked in to Kirby's the Service was Excellent from every member of the Staff. The meal was cooked to perfection and delicious. The drinks from the Bar were perfect was well. The ambience is relaxing and very romantic. We will returning to enjoy the Kirby Experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outsanding food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Kirby's was a good venue for a nice dinner with business colleagues. Outstanding food! Great service. Atmosphere was elegant, although not particularly unique. Highly recommended for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Over-DoneBison972Dined on 7/24/2014When you choose a restaurant like Kirbys you expect the best. Normally this would be the case. On this occasion I must say that I was very disappointed. Though the service was spectacular, the steaks were very much overdone. My wife's medium rare filet mignon was warm and slightly pink in the middle. My pepper steak was ordered medium and came to the table pretty much done throughout. Both steaks were very dry. I had my steak replaced and by the time it got the table my wife had completed her meal. I was unable to eat my steak therefore I just had it boxed-up to take home. The manager did apologize from the overdone steaks. Honestly at this price point I was very surprised they didn't offer a discount or at least a free dessert.Special Features:
- BobGDined on 7/24/2014Would recommend for business dinner, nothing bad to report here,Special Features:
- Never seems to failBigblkbldmnDined on 7/24/2014It never seems to fail that Kirby's will always excite you with food. This time I had the lamb and talk about tender. It was cooked perfectly. It gets a little loud in there but there is noting wrong with spirited conversation. I don't think there is anything I wouldn't eat except the dairy stuff lol.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014I nothing negative about this restaurant. We had an enjoyable evening in every way.Special Features:
- specialsDined on 7/19/2014Been to Kirby's many times in various locations. Lately, twice to the Kirby's in San Antonio. 40th anniversary and 62nd birthday. Had the same waiter both times, Kevin, I think. Excellent all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFamilyOfThreeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Dinner for 3 was $200, and at that price I would expect excellence. We started off right. The escargot was very good. The wine, while ultra-expensive, was also very good. Lobster bisque also quite tasty. But then the entrees arrived. Sea bass was the best of the bunch, but it was on a bed of gummy risotto with bits of chewy overcooked lobster. And while the sauce went well with the fish, it was a complete disaster with the risotto. So as a plate, it didn't come together. My lamb chops were tough and completely unseasoned, served with a sauce that had no flavor. My partner's filet suffered from the same lack of seasoning and was overcooked the first time. For these prices, head to Perry's or Bob's. You'll be much happier.
- reviewquietdinnerDined on 7/17/2014Food, service and staff were excellent, the noise level was such that it was difficult to talk with my table mate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Our first visit was to celebrate our anniversary...we were made to feel so special. The atmosphere was very romantic and the food was fabulous! Our server made our evening very enjoyable. Will definitely return. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so steakjackdog1234Dined on 7/13/2014The service was fantastic. Very helpful waiter. Wine/liquor list was good, single malt scotch and bourbon. We were disappointed in the steak. We ordered the large bone in rib eye to share, plenty large but quality was not good. We have been to a lot of steak restaurants and the quality of this steak was below par at this restaurant. We both had salads which were very good and we shared a baked potato. Prices were on target with other steak restaurants, so we expected more. We would go back with expectations lowered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughters Birthday.kimsdayDined on 7/12/2014The seating staff were very professional. They accommodated the seating from where they ere going to seat us. the Waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu and also the specials. Recommended the appropriate wine for the meals we had. It was a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in San AntonioBruceDined on 7/12/2014We've tried most all the top steakhouses of San Antonio and keep returning to Kirby's. Excellent ambiance and superb food choices. Bar scene is fun too for before or after dining. Only downside ... on last couple visits, the primary waiters have been too pushy/invasive. Frequently interrupting conversations and aggressively hawking extras. Waiters should be helpful, attentive and unobtrusive in our opinion. This is only criticism of Kirby's. That said, we still reurn on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.