Woodfire Kirby's - Dallas
3525 Greenville Ave.
Dallas, TX 75206Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Woodfire Kirby's - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.woodfirekirbys.com/
- Phone: 2148212122
- Hours of Operation:
Bar opens everyday at 4:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,Sunday Dinner Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
1/2 Price Happy Hour 7 days a week 4:30pm to 7pm
Private Lunches Available
Happy Hour: M- F 4:30 7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Nemec
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Woodfire Kirby's - Dallas
Woodfire is a chef driven casual eatery on lower Greenville Ave. Specializing in hickory wood grilled cuisine, handcrafted cocktails, premium beers and fine wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Woodfire Kirby's - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (15)romantic (15)fit for foodies (13)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (10)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- WONDERFUL food!2steakloversDined on 9/13/2014friends had advised this was a great special occasion restaurant (we were celebrating our 40th anniversary); they were right! we had a terrific, unrushed time. we don't drink, so I can't advise on that note, but the food (we had steak) was VERY good! MUCH better than average. Susi's mashed potatoes were divine! we'll go back (soon) enthusiastically.Special Features:
- AndrewMatthewDined on 9/5/2014Have been coming to Kirby's for a lot of years. Always excellent, ribeye is hard to beat. Try the quail wings appetizer .Special Features:
- everything was great!dianebDined on 8/27/2014I used to come here when it was the fancy old fashioned steak house.. this was my first time since the remodel and during restaurant week. The food was PERFECT! I paid the extra $10 for wine pairing. All the wine was outstanding. Most places skimp on the portions during restaurant week, but Kirby's did not! Entrees were full size and impressive! I got the halibut and my friend got the prime rib.. both were outstanding. My only note would be that the chocolate cupcake at the end was dry. I look forward to returning to this place!Special Features:
- Anniverary delight!luckylady6Dined on 8/24/2014Our family gave us a gift card for Woodfire Kirby's for our 40th wedding anniversary celebration. Being new to the area, we were not familiar with this part of Dallas or this particular restaurant, but now we look forward to returning many times in the future! The service was great and the food was outstanding!! Overall it was a delightful dining experience!!!Special Features:
- Nice spot but not on rest. weekrestweekdinerDined on 8/23/2014Four of us went saturday (the other couple comes here often and really enjoy the place) and it was jammed to the hilt with restaurant week diners and one particularly loud adult birthday party with about 15 people sitting right next to us. The waiters were clearly overwhelmed and it looked to us that our waitress was serving the entire restaurant. Drinks took a long time to arrive and the food even longer. When the food did arrive, one of the dishes had to be sent back because the chicken was not cooked (it was clearly raw). The other dishes were ok but it was odd that a steak house didn't offer any steak for restaurant week (there were kabobs but not the same thing). two hours of loud talking left us wondering why folks return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kirby's RocksValentinoDined on 8/23/2014Kirby's is where I go for a special night out and a good steak. When I checked the menu I decided the applewood bacon cheeseburger appealed so I got my meat on a bun. I've had the filet before and I know it's excellent. I wasn't bowled over by the couscous which is done better at Hillstone. However, I prefer Kirby's for the overall package - the restaurant is comfortable, fun, and classy. The staff are superb and the whole experience is special.Special Features:
- Not as good as Kirby's used to beindadmanDined on 8/16/2014The menu is a bit limited and the dining room is exposed to distraction of the TVs from the bar area.
- DinnerFredericoDined on 8/12/2014I ordered the pepper steak and baked potato. It was as fabulous as it always has been.Special Features:
- relaxingsheisofficialDined on 8/7/2014Very layed back and quiet intimate setting nice place to go if you want to unwind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealSeye2seeDined on 7/27/2014Loved our food, only complaint was the music was too loud and too crazy sounding, kind if got on my nerves.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio for PoochesBarneyVIPDined on 7/26/2014We go to Kirby's often to eat outside with our dogs. They are ready nice and understanding with our dogs who can get a little excited when the meal shows up. The food is always good and the service is great. The manger has been helpful with wine pairings and recommends reasonably priced wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a hitDallasfoodie1023VIPDined on 7/25/2014We Love Woodfire Kirbys!! The food is always amazing! There is something on the menu for everyone. Pizzas, salads, seafood, and steaks. Its DEF our go to spot!!!Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Way over priced for the quality of food. I have enjoyed the food in the last, but I will not go back. If I want to pay that much, I will go to Capital Grill uptown. I don't want to pay a five star price for 3 star food and ambiance anymore. Shorts and T Shirts, blue jeans, and flip flops seem to be allowed without a problem. They were allowed all three times I was there. The food is good, and if that's your scene, have at it.its just not for me anymore.
- Just awesome dinner!!!!JewelsDined on 7/5/2014We had dinner last Saturday night and absolutely LOVED it! The service was exceptional and the food well let's just we all finished our plates and got dessert!!! Will definitely go back a lot!!! Loved every piece and BITE at Kirby's, thank you!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014Nice service, steak cooked perfectly. Probably the best crab cake I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a great steak!MamacitaDined on 6/30/2014We had not been to Kirby's in a while and it was a good homecoming. Food is still excellent!Special Features:
- kirby's has class.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014The setting, tasteful and modern decor. A large bar area half in and out doors. The dinning area has great seating for large or small parties. Some cozy booth seats or perhaps open ended booths close to the bar. The food is different and amazing. I personally liked the 7 oz cold filet with onion straws, yes onion straws with sweet potato mash. I would also recommend the jalapeño macaroni and cheese. Both are from the ever changing chefs nightly menu which does change. I took my girlfriend there we had a cheese and meat plate two entrées four glasses of wine and jalapeño mac and cheese ala carte total came to $150. It was a great date spot awesome food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeccaDined on 6/21/2014Our bone in ribeye was tasty but very tough and grisly. It was cooked to our specifications but required intense carving and chewing. We were extremely disappointed because our first visit had been exceptional. We were celebrating our anniversary and chose your restaurant based on our previous experience and anticipated a superb meal. Our waiter seemed to be very confused about our order as well as his job.
- Absolutely sub-averagepartyof4Dined on 6/20/2014We celebrated our daughter's birthday at Woodfire Kirby's Friday evening. While the service was attentive and accommodating, the Ginger and Fug cocktail was cloyingly sweet. We also had the one of their Longhorn Red cocktails which was a good summer-time drink. The grilled pork chop entre was well prepared but the side of bourbon mashed potatoes tasted like canned, candied yams and overpowered the rest of the meal. The other two diners liked their chicken dishes but said they weren't worth going back for. While we appreciated the courteous and special attention to our daughter's birthday, it certainly doesn't warrant a return.Special Features:
- Nice but no Wow factorMeatNPotatoesGirlDined on 6/16/2014Pricey, but nice. Two meals with 20% tip was $140. No appetizer no desert, two normal size alcoholic beverages. There is no real wow factor here, just expensive food and nice wait staff. Decor is kind of cool, but again, no Wow factor. No candles for romance, tables are closely located to one another like regular restaurants. Based purely on the steak, I could have went to Texas Roadhouse and paid significantly less, but my significant other really wanted a specialty drink they make so we splurged for the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome steakpugsDined on 6/14/2014I had the Pittsburg rib eye and it was to die for. The mushrooms on top were the perfect icing for the cake.Special Features:
- paulclaireDined on 6/5/2014A great meal.. Sevice was smooth , well paced. Server made good recommendations . Food was hot, well prepared and delicious..My wife and I had a leisurely dinner and look forward to a retun visit.Special Features:
- A New FavoriteLovingnlivingitDined on 6/2/2014Some say the best things in life are free, but I think the best things in life are surprises. Going to a restaurant on the recommendation of someone can be, at best, worrisome. That was far from the case here. From the friendly valet, to the smiling hostess to our waiter, Garrett, this place aimed to please. Their aim was right on target. The food was delicious, the wine was wonderful and the pleasant atmosphere made us feel like we wanted to just hang out for a while. We travel a lot, we dine out a lot, but we only have a few "favorite" restaurants, we now have a new one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 611 reviews are from the Woodfire Kirby's - Dallas reviews archive.
- Good Food/Slow ServicePumpkinDined on 5/22/2014Food was good; atmosphere as enjoyable as ever. Service was a little slow. We were in the bar area and it appeared this section was understaffed. More attention was paid to those sitting outside than those inside. The main restaurant area was full & hopping; the bar area was definitely the step-child on our visit.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceWhitley79Dined on 5/14/2014My husband and I ate here for our 10th anniversary so we wanted a nice meal. I had the roasted chicken dinner which lacked flavor. My husband's steak was not very tender. Both of our mashed potatoes were cold. The best part of the meal for both was the broccoli cheese soup and my sautéed broccoli. We sat outside next to the fire, which was nice, and the wait staff were fantastic. But for the price paid for both meals ($95, plus tip when drinks were included), my husband and I expected the food's taste to be better. We both left thinking we could have had a better tasting meal at a Salt Grass or Texas Road House and paid less.
- best steaks & serviceluv2eatoutDined on 5/11/2014We always choose Kirby's for steaks. The service is always polished & professional. Its a great neighborhood bar too. We have eaten here for years & will continue to do so!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly disappointedTNT57VIPDined on 5/11/2014I had never been here for brunch before and was a little disappointed. Buffet foods weren't warm enough, omelet from server was greasy, and french toast was soggy. There were big clumps of mud scattered all over the floor and no one attemped to clean it up until I told the hostess!Special Features:
- DisappointedAnon14Dined on 5/11/2014After reading all of the great reviews, I booked this for Mother's day brunch. Well, the restaurant needs an update. There's no telling how old their carpet is. The brunch was a buffet style, which I didn't see mentioned in any of the reviews. The food was OK, not great, and we tried all of the brunch offerings (The biscuits and gravy definitely was not good).
- Wonderful!laurenDined on 5/11/2014It was the perfect place to take my mother for Mother's Day! The brunch buffet was amazing! I would highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Wasn't impressed!WineDivaDined on 5/2/2014I received a gift card for Kirby's at Christmas. Decided to try but did not have a good experience.Special Features:
- Consistently goodjfrazureVIPDined on 5/1/2014We were able to get a table last minute and enjoyed it thoroughly. Thanks.Special Features:
- WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE!mimito4Dined on 4/20/2014Being from Ft Worth it takes a lot to impress us in Dallas, but Woodfire certainly did just that. Our waiter, Ryan, was superb & the manager, Asher, couldn't have been nicer. We loved the fried avocado appetizer & the filet steaks were melt-in-your-mouth delicious. We chose to have our dessert out on the patio around the fire pit. When it started to rain we moved inside to the fireplace & enjoyed our key lime pie there. It was a very romantic & memorable evening. We wouldn't hesitate recommending this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Excellent Easter BrunchJohnnyQDined on 4/20/2014Had not tried Woodfire Kirby's before but decided to try it for Easter brunch. We had reservations and arrived about 10 minutes early and were seated right away. Service was very good from start to finish. Brunch was a combination buffet and limited menu. Everything we tried was excellent. Valet service was very good. Looking forward to returning to try the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Easter BrunchdesertsisterDined on 4/20/2014It was another great Easter Brunch at Woodfire Kirby's! This is becoming a yearly outing each year, we just can not find a better Easter meal for the price. The service was very good and the food...hmmmmmm good. The shrimp were especially marvelous, as were the ribs, prime rib and of course the fresh fruit pineapple-mango salsa. And there is always a desert worth breaking any diet for at the dessert table. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Brunch!KeygirlDined on 4/20/2014Woodfire Kirby's only serves brunch on select holidays, and we will make it a point to plan our Mother's Day and Father's Day celebrations to include Woodfire Kirby's from now on. We'd love to see them expand this to more Sundays. The items on the buffet are fresh, hot and delicious, and the items ordered from the servers are amazing. Don't miss the chicken fried steak and egg!Special Features:
- Easter Brunch- BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014So glad I was able to have brunch again at Kirby's. Unfortunately, brunch is no longer offered weekly but I am thankful for the opportunity have Kirby's brunch on holidays such as Easter or Mother's Day. Even though I went during peak brunch hours, the service was still excellent. Kirby's also has great drink specials during happy hour on weekdays (and all day Sunday if I recall correctly). I hope to visit Kirby's again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter brunch was great!FitfoodieDined on 4/20/2014Had a great time at Woodfire Kirby's for our Easter brunch, they were busy but our server was great and so was the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014Food was good but not great as it was in the past. We think Kirby's is not as special as it use to be.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2014This is our favorite place to go for anniversaries or special occasions. Love the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old FaithfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/6/2014Returned once again to one of my family's favorites. My wife, daughters and I always agree on going to Kirby's when one of us suggests it (my daughters like to disagree with one another; but not about Kirby's). I almost always get steaks. Last time, I saw a cheeseburger being delivered to a neighboring table that looked very alluring. I didn't forget it and was jonesing one up unto this past visit. I ordered it. Stand aside Hopdaddy! It was among the best burgers I've ever inhaled! Service was fantastic. Enjoyed another wonderful wine. My family all had perfect steaks. This place always comforts my soul. Can't wait for next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.