4100 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77027Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kiranshouston.com/
- Phone: (713) 960-8472
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday–Sunday 5 pm
Happy Hour: Monday–Friday 5 pm–7 pm
Afternoon Tea: One Seating Every Saturday at 2 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Kiran Verma
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Exclusive, personalized caterings.
- Special Events: Afternoon Tea Every Saturday. One seating at 2 pm.
Monthly Wine Dinners
Single Malt Tastings
Holiday Brunch Buffets (Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas)
A word from Kiran's
Chef Kiran, considered the ‘godmother of Indian fine dining,’ has created world-class Indian cuisine at her eponymous restaurant, which serves up Indian hospitality, with French sophistication and American informality. Chef Kiran is a self-taught chef with three important influences – an Indian upbringing, a love of fine cuisine and a generous spirit. She defines her cuisine as a combination of cultures, philosophies and cooking techniques. An award-winning wine list of over 300 labels, along with monthly wine dinners, complements the delicate flavors of the food. Guests can also enjoy an Afternoon Tea service every Saturday. Chef Kiran recently launched her own Chai Blend.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Kiran's - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Kiran's reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (68)special occasion (63)good for groups (41)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (24)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (8)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great service but overhyped foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I had heard a lot about Kirans from friends especially the unique flavoring and the authenticity. The yardstick I use to judge Indian restaurants and their authenticity is the lamb or goat biryani. A high end place should not compromise on this. Biryani should be fragrant, the grains of rice fluffy and a mix of flavored and separate with multiple colors shining through, some grains doused in flavor, and some grains separate. Kiran's biryani appeared more to be a mutton pulao, where rice was mixed with cooked meat and gravy. It was OK but certainly not up to the reputation this place has. The ingredients were high quality but the synergy between meat and rice which marks a hyderabadi biryani was not there. My dinner partner ordered lamb Korma, same story, the gravy was great but no synergy between meat and gravy. Likely the gravy was cooked separately and cooked meat added later. So, in a nutshell I would say that I was neutral about food. Service is great with very polite and cooperative wait staff. Might be a good place for a business lunch or dinner, but true foodies should look elsewhere.Special Features:
- Excellent MealCruzfoolVIPDined on 11/13/2014First visit to this restaurant as Kiran's. Very nice meal, service was excellent, food was even better. Will defiitately return to sample some other menu choices. cannot wait!I would recommend this to a friend.
- An outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014We enjoyed our first six month anniversary and it was the best place with great food and ambience ever .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceanubis72VIPDined on 11/8/2014Excellent food...high quality. Overall a great date place with sophisticated choices and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieluvDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I love this place every time we went we had a great and special date. The food is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Tea at Kiran'sDeliciousDined on 11/8/2014We've been coming to Kiran's for over 7 years and have enjoyed the High Tea on numerous occassions - it is one of the best offerings in Houston with exceptional service and the best chai tea available. The restaurant was extremely busy due to 2 very large parties in addition to the High Tea service. The noise level was high because of the parties - normally it is a peaceful atmosphere with a harpest. Each time the sandwichs vary either by the filling, bread or assortment as well as the dessert plate. Kiran is trying out pickeling vegetables - the carrot curls on the salmon mousse were delicious! New to the assortment was the cucumber, mango, avocado slice with a drizzle of habenero sauce - great combination. Thoroughly enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and outstanding serviceJuanGmexDined on 11/7/2014We went for my wife´s birthday with the rest of the family. We tried the Curry Chicken, the Lamb T Bone and potatos with spinach. Everything was very tasty and at the right temperature. The service is very friendly and the waiter is checking if you are ok all the timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - Great service47pickygourmetDined on 11/2/2014This is one of our top go-to places for important occasions like birthdays and anniversaries. The menu offers just the right variety to suit various spicy vs rich, lamb vs seafood, vegetarian vs carnivore quirks of our inner circle, all without sacrificing quality. The service is superb. On our second visit, four months after the first, the waiter remembered what the occasion was, where we sat and what we ate. They are attentive without being intrusive and quite responsive to special requests.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceHoustonDinerVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food is outstanding and the service is even better. When you arrive, your waiter first asks if you have been there before or if you are familiar with Indian food. We were with someone who had never had Indian food, so the waiter described the different types of food and made some great suggestions based on our tastes. I decided to try something different (I usually get the Chicken Tikki Masala, which is delicious). At the waiter's suggestion I had the Chicken Jalferezi. It doesn't have a heavy sauce and the combination of herbs was so good and the chicken was so tender. They served us goat cheese and regular naan (incredible!). We had drinks and wine from the full bar. This has become our favorite spot in Houston!Special Features:
- Chef Kiran to the RescueImpressMeDined on 10/31/2014We live .5 miles from Kiran's and consider it a reliable location for a wonderful meal with friends and family. An excellent selection of cocktails and wine, innovative cuisine, and attentive service make this one of our favorite places. Carefully prepared dishes will convert anyone who thinks they do not like Indian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great ServiceP1CutoverDined on 10/28/2014We were a party of 8 with a variety of taste and diets. We were all able to taste several dishes as we ate family style. This restaurant was unlike any other India restaurant that I have been to in the past. The food was both authentic and fusion to meet everyone's palet. We will be back to celebrate or just to enjoy the food.Special Features:
- RulaDined on 10/25/2014A great evening had by all of us. No complaints. We all loved the Bangain bharata and the garlic naan was warm and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon delight ...CatrinaDined on 10/25/2014Excellent Indian inspired afternoon tea - lovely selection of savoury & sweet treats paired with different hot teas. Service was friendly and engaged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, weak serviceApsaraDudeVIPDined on 10/22/2014The food was outstanding but the service was very disappointing from the surly host up front to the inattentive waiter who brought the wrong food and tried to charge us for it anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!VeggiefoodieDined on 10/17/2014Kiran's was terrific in all ways! Terrific vegetarian options. A great spot for our anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!SHPCVIPDined on 10/17/2014Kiran's was a perfect dining experience with exceptional service, divine traditional Indian fare, and a beautiful setting. We were treated with such respect and enjoyed perfectly prepared salads, drinks and entrees. This is ideal for a special occasion, but also would be wonderful for a recurring delicious meal. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Team DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We went to Kiran's for a work team dinner with our significant others. The wait staff was great and VERY helpful. I have been to a few Indian restaurants and, in general, the wait staffs understand that newcomers may not have a good understanding of what each dish contains; Kiran's did a magnificent job of explaining any dish that we were not familiar with and making recommendations. The appetizers were great and portions were larger than I expected. I would definitely come back for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met the owner/chefPadreDined on 10/13/2014This was my first time at Kiran. I met the owner/chef while waiting outside. When I asked her what to recommend, she listed several items. I asked if I could just try a little of everything. Over 2 hours later I and my 3 friends left incredibly satisfied with our culinary journey!Special Features:
- Best Indian in Houston1toughladyVIPDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I go over to Houston a lot, and Kiran's is our first choice to go to, if we aren't stuck with other obligations. The restaurant is lovely and romantic-looking, and smells so delicious when you walk in that you KNOW you're having a great meal. The keema nan is fantastic, perfectly spiced, and so is the chicken tikka masala. The lamb vindaloo is amazingly tender, not overcooked like it is in most places, and the spiciness of the sauce is properly mouth-tingling and hair-raising without actually trying to kill you. Yummy.Special Features:
- Good, but watch out for the waterLauriDined on 10/4/2014I like Kiran's and took my husband & friends for his Birthday. The food was great, but a couple issues. 1. If you order a meat dinner, you get rice and vegetable side. Vegetatrian dishes don't get rice-a bit of a rip off to pay in mid-teens for vegetable dish and pay $6 for white rice. 2) We were asked if we wanted still or sparkling water. My husband wanted sparkling and the rest wanted still. I expected to pay for the sparkling. Did not realize until head waiter pulled the 3 still water glasses and replaced them that a helper had put tap water in our glasses instead of the bottled still that I did not order. We ended up paying for 3 bottles of Still at $6 each. Just wanted tap. Wonder if deducted what they threw out? Customer Beware!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picky amateur gastronomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014My wife has Celiac disease and this is one of few places where we can enjoy both safety and exquisite (best we ever had) Indian cuisine. Kiran is abot a creative and caring proprietor and chef. We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great classy place for foodfoodiegalDined on 10/1/2014We went there on a rainy weekend day after my wedding for lunch. Little did we know that they are now dinner only. But we were lucky that the chef Kiran Verma herself came in at that very moment and let us in as a special favor. The food was amazing and service impeccable. She herself came and explained all the dishes, answered our questions and gave great recommendations. I especially loved the Delhi chaat and baingan bharta. Food was freshly made and had perfect blend of spices. Thank you to Kiran Verma for making us feel special and welcome and serving amazing food!Special Features:
- ColoradoGalDined on 9/26/2014Outstanding dining experience for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible dining experienceFussyEaterDined on 9/23/2014It was a birthday celebration. We did have a menu recommendation from a frequent diner. Kiran herself saw to our needs. As we four older ladies are not big eaters, she graciously split 2 bowls of the lobster bisque - which is outstanding - among the four of us. Two entrees were more than sufficient to share. The most wonderful sea bass and rack of lamb. First, two of us had the basil martinis - I was doubtful, being a purist but absolutely won me over! For dessert, they presented us with creme brulee - the best ever - and we had ordered the chocolate samosa which was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedSameerVIPDined on 9/19/2014We live in Austin and kirans is a permanent feature for us everytime we are in Houston .. It just never disappoints .. Service is too notch and Indian food like this is worth driving for !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wide Selection Great TasteFlightRisk107Dined on 9/16/2014There was a wide selection of Indian cuisine and especially loved the "Street Food" selection. An additional delight was the lobster bisque. The service was excellent and the server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant - Slightly PushyAirbusguyDined on 9/10/2014We had a wonderful meal. It was excellent food, great presentation and very very tasty. We just found the server to be a bit pushy - trying to "upsell" us on everything!! Apart from that, we really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Good but spicyStacynlDined on 9/6/2014The food was excellent but very spicy and i am used to eating spicy. But it also has great flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Add it to your listOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Kirans is true to their word, they offer a refreshing take on the many of the Classic Indian fare. We opted for the HRW menu even though that wasn't why we went. The 3 soup app and the beet salad were both very good and the masala and vindaloo were both excellent. Pedro, our server was prompt with menus and drinks and was attentive and funny without being in our face... Will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time with friendsAsabalVIPDined on 8/31/2014We had dinner with some friends and we enjoy the good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice restaurantaallDined on 8/31/2014Good birthday dinner experience. Service was outstanding. Dinner was sub par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very very gooddeliveringVIPDined on 8/31/2014Service was good, food was excellent, with the right touch. Will return for sure!Special Features:
- Poor service, good foodJJSWDined on 8/30/20145 of us met there for HRW. We asked a couple questions about the menu and the waiter assured our requests could be accommodated. Surprised we could change things on the menu, we went with it. It took 30+ minutes to get our food, and when it came, only one of our requests was fulfilled. For the rest of us, the waiter simply said, "Unless you have an allergy, just try the food". Really!?? You get our order wrong, then tell us to eat it anyway? Unacceptable. The bus boy was friendly, attentive, and responsive. He got our tips.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningLalkaDined on 8/29/2014This was our first time and our first time to try this particular type of Indian food. We tried the Restaurant Week menu. Everything was excellent, including the service. I only wish my poached pear had been a little bigger, and it was a little plain with only a couple of pieces of fruit on the plate. But the bread pudding was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MidtownDined on 8/29/2014The ambiance, service and food presentation were very good. The quality of the food was pretty good, but less so than 6 months ago, when we came with some other friends. Maybe it depends on what you order.Special Features:
- OutstandingCrusaderDined on 8/28/2014This restaurant continues to be a place that when we leave we say why don't we go more often. Terrific from starters to dessert. Reasonable wine pricing, spectacular presentation of the unexpected. Service from professionals.Special Features:
- FlavorfulfoodieVIPDined on 8/26/2014Wonderful flavors. Enjoyed the traditional items (paneer, masala).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent indian foodjustgoodfoodDined on 8/24/2014very good service and all very helpfull to fill ones needs. Would have liked to see Australian wine filling out the wine list Will return soonSpecial Features:
- Good flavor for Indian fusionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014I took a friend here because he said he didn't like Indian food. Having been here before, I knew there would be plenty of non-traditional options, like the lamb burger sliders, just in case he was going to be less adventurous. Bottom line is there are options for those that love Indian food and those who are just dabbling in the flavors :-)Special Features:
- Finest High Tea in HoustonAllrosewoodVIPDined on 8/23/2014Tables are set with such eloquence from bone china to starched white table cloths to creative fresh flower centerpiece to desserts served in a spoon. The owner has spent time training waiters and thinking of every detail to provide a pleasurable experience for all. They are very welcoming to accommodate large groups too. A place with a lovely attitude to share a lovely spot of tea and traditional Indian cuisine with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.