4100 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77027Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kiranshouston.com/
- Phone: 7139608472x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday–Sunday 5 pm
Happy Hour: Monday–Friday 5 pm–7 pm
Afternoon Tea: One Seating Every Saturday at 2 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Kiran Verma
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Exclusive, personalized caterings.
- Special Events: Afternoon Tea Every Saturday. One seating at 2 pm.
Monthly Wine Dinners
Single Malt Tastings
Holiday Brunch Buffets (Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas)
A word from Kiran's
Chef Kiran, considered the ‘godmother of Indian fine dining,’ has created world-class Indian cuisine at her eponymous restaurant, which serves up Indian hospitality, with French sophistication and American informality. Chef Kiran is a self-taught chef with three important influences – an Indian upbringing, a love of fine cuisine and a generous spirit. She defines her cuisine as a combination of cultures, philosophies and cooking techniques. An award-winning wine list of over 300 labels, along with monthly wine dinners, complements the delicate flavors of the food. Guests can also enjoy an Afternoon Tea service every Saturday. Chef Kiran recently launched her own Chai Blend.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kiran's reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)special occasion (64)good for groups (39)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (24)notable wine list (24)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (8)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Kiran's was terrific in all ways! Terrific vegetarian options. A great spot for our anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!SHPCVIPDined on 10/17/2014Kiran's was a perfect dining experience with exceptional service, divine traditional Indian fare, and a beautiful setting. We were treated with such respect and enjoyed perfectly prepared salads, drinks and entrees. This is ideal for a special occasion, but also would be wonderful for a recurring delicious meal. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met the owner/chefPadreDined on 10/13/2014This was my first time at Kiran. I met the owner/chef while waiting outside. When I asked her what to recommend, she listed several items. I asked if I could just try a little of everything. Over 2 hours later I and my 3 friends left incredibly satisfied with our culinary journey!Special Features:
- Best Indian in Houston1toughladyVIPDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I go over to Houston a lot, and Kiran's is our first choice to go to, if we aren't stuck with other obligations. The restaurant is lovely and romantic-looking, and smells so delicious when you walk in that you KNOW you're having a great meal. The keema nan is fantastic, perfectly spiced, and so is the chicken tikka masala. The lamb vindaloo is amazingly tender, not overcooked like it is in most places, and the spiciness of the sauce is properly mouth-tingling and hair-raising without actually trying to kill you. Yummy.Special Features:
- Picky amateur gastronomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014My wife has Celiac disease and this is one of few places where we can enjoy both safety and exquisite (best we ever had) Indian cuisine. Kiran is abot a creative and caring proprietor and chef. We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great classy place for foodfoodiegalDined on 10/1/2014We went there on a rainy weekend day after my wedding for lunch. Little did we know that they are now dinner only. But we were lucky that the chef Kiran Verma herself came in at that very moment and let us in as a special favor. The food was amazing and service impeccable. She herself came and explained all the dishes, answered our questions and gave great recommendations. I especially loved the Delhi chaat and baingan bharta. Food was freshly made and had perfect blend of spices. Thank you to Kiran Verma for making us feel special and welcome and serving amazing food!Special Features:
- ColoradoGalDined on 9/26/2014Outstanding dining experience for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible dining experienceFussyEaterDined on 9/23/2014It was a birthday celebration. We did have a menu recommendation from a frequent diner. Kiran herself saw to our needs. As we four older ladies are not big eaters, she graciously split 2 bowls of the lobster bisque - which is outstanding - among the four of us. Two entrees were more than sufficient to share. The most wonderful sea bass and rack of lamb. First, two of us had the basil martinis - I was doubtful, being a purist but absolutely won me over! For dessert, they presented us with creme brulee - the best ever - and we had ordered the chocolate samosa which was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedSameerVIPDined on 9/19/2014We live in Austin and kirans is a permanent feature for us everytime we are in Houston .. It just never disappoints .. Service is too notch and Indian food like this is worth driving for !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wide Selection Great TasteFlightRisk107Dined on 9/16/2014There was a wide selection of Indian cuisine and especially loved the "Street Food" selection. An additional delight was the lobster bisque. The service was excellent and the server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant - Slightly PushyAirbusguyDined on 9/10/2014We had a wonderful meal. It was excellent food, great presentation and very very tasty. We just found the server to be a bit pushy - trying to "upsell" us on everything!! Apart from that, we really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Good but spicyStacynlDined on 9/6/2014The food was excellent but very spicy and i am used to eating spicy. But it also has great flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Add it to your listOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Kirans is true to their word, they offer a refreshing take on the many of the Classic Indian fare. We opted for the HRW menu even though that wasn't why we went. The 3 soup app and the beet salad were both very good and the masala and vindaloo were both excellent. Pedro, our server was prompt with menus and drinks and was attentive and funny without being in our face... Will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time with friendsAsabalVIPDined on 8/31/2014We had dinner with some friends and we enjoy the good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice restaurantaallDined on 8/31/2014Good birthday dinner experience. Service was outstanding. Dinner was sub par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very very gooddeliveringVIPDined on 8/31/2014Service was good, food was excellent, with the right touch. Will return for sure!Special Features:
- Poor service, good foodJJSWDined on 8/30/20145 of us met there for HRW. We asked a couple questions about the menu and the waiter assured our requests could be accommodated. Surprised we could change things on the menu, we went with it. It took 30+ minutes to get our food, and when it came, only one of our requests was fulfilled. For the rest of us, the waiter simply said, "Unless you have an allergy, just try the food". Really!?? You get our order wrong, then tell us to eat it anyway? Unacceptable. The bus boy was friendly, attentive, and responsive. He got our tips.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningLalkaDined on 8/29/2014This was our first time and our first time to try this particular type of Indian food. We tried the Restaurant Week menu. Everything was excellent, including the service. I only wish my poached pear had been a little bigger, and it was a little plain with only a couple of pieces of fruit on the plate. But the bread pudding was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MidtownDined on 8/29/2014The ambiance, service and food presentation were very good. The quality of the food was pretty good, but less so than 6 months ago, when we came with some other friends. Maybe it depends on what you order.Special Features:
- OutstandingCrusaderDined on 8/28/2014This restaurant continues to be a place that when we leave we say why don't we go more often. Terrific from starters to dessert. Reasonable wine pricing, spectacular presentation of the unexpected. Service from professionals.Special Features:
- FlavorfulfoodieVIPDined on 8/26/2014Wonderful flavors. Enjoyed the traditional items (paneer, masala).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent indian foodjustgoodfoodDined on 8/24/2014very good service and all very helpfull to fill ones needs. Would have liked to see Australian wine filling out the wine list Will return soonSpecial Features:
- Good flavor for Indian fusionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014I took a friend here because he said he didn't like Indian food. Having been here before, I knew there would be plenty of non-traditional options, like the lamb burger sliders, just in case he was going to be less adventurous. Bottom line is there are options for those that love Indian food and those who are just dabbling in the flavors :-)Special Features:
- Finest High Tea in HoustonAllrosewoodVIPDined on 8/23/2014Tables are set with such eloquence from bone china to starched white table cloths to creative fresh flower centerpiece to desserts served in a spoon. The owner has spent time training waiters and thinking of every detail to provide a pleasurable experience for all. They are very welcoming to accommodate large groups too. A place with a lovely attitude to share a lovely spot of tea and traditional Indian cuisine with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first time experienceluvgreatfoodDined on 8/22/2014My sister, dad and I went all went for the first time during restaurant month and we all ordered something different. Everything we ate was so delicious, even the special lemonade that night was so yummy. We chose this restaurant because it had several vegetarian options for the pre fixe selections and everything exceeded our expectations. The service was very top notch as well; it made us feel special. The ambiance was calm and warm but very down to earth. We look forward to going again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian with a flairFrequentdinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014This is not a typical Indian restaurant with only curry. Kiran has taken Indian to its peak with amazing flavors (I did not say hot and spicy though you can get this if you desire). When have you had Indian cornish game hen or drunk soup out of a tea cup. Our first time and we will be back.Special Features:
- Not just Indian foodTravelerTrishDined on 8/21/2014Kiran's is known for its Indian offerings, which is usually what we order, but there are choices which will suit everyone and the special HRW menu offers both. We particularly enjoyed the flight of three soups with an onion spinach fritter, the tandoori redfish, and the trio of sorbets…all very refreshing during August. Service was prompt and helpful without being intrusive. The location is close to railroad tracks, which detracts from both the outside tables and the view. Decor could use an update, but its pleasant with dark colors, white tablecloths and low bowls of fresh flowers. We always enjoy eating at Kiran's.Special Features:
- Amazing mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014My Indian friends have always said that Kiran's had the best food in town, but this was my first visit. It totally met and exceeded expectations. Attentive service and the food was fabulous.Special Features:
- Flavor!!SisterSarahDined on 8/15/2014I love flavor and that's what Kiran's has. Each dish has a tasty subtle uniqueness. The Houston Restaurant Weeks menu was such a fun option to try new things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner Food and Great TeaSEMacDined on 8/9/2014For upscale Eastern Indian fare in a comfortable ambiance, this restaurant is the top of the mark. And, the high teas are very special, including an angelic harp playing in the background.Special Features:
- Food is great!ClaudetteDined on 8/9/2014This place has very good food and the service was great too. This is gonna be high on my list for date nights from now on. We brought home leftovers and our 4 young children loved them too and can't wait to go as well. Can't wait to come back and try more dishes! Chicken tikka masala and seafood duo are just delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DininGemVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food at Kiran is consistently outstanding. The flavors, the consistencies, the quality of the ingredients all conspire to make this a great place to enjoy a meal. The chef always prepares something special for our table, knowing how much we enjoy her country's food. We have always had dedicated, attentive service and all requests are attended to immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kiran'sDeliciousDined on 8/9/2014Kiran's for the very Best High Tea in Houston. Serving a proper British High Tea with fine china and fresh flowers. The Masala Chai Tea is an excellent original by Chef Kiran. The refreshingly different mint-lime lemonade started the first course with mushroom & feta samosa, followed by the ladyfinger sandwiches - chicken salad, smoked salmon, cucumber avocado, tomato mozzarella and a spicy Vindaloo deviled egg - A choice of Darjeeling tea or staying with the chai - next was the traditional apricot & cranberry scone with jam and clotted cream and Earl Grey tea. A large assortment of petit fours including macaroons, key-lime tart, pecan tart, rasberry mouse and chocolate dipped strawberries. Excellent wait staff! An elegant treat for allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely one of Houston's finest.MDavisDined on 8/5/2014You will never be dissappointed dining at Kiran's. Absolutely one of Houston's 5 Star Restaurants. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kiran'sDeliciousDined on 8/1/2014Since it's Houston Restaurant Week we decided to have dinner at Kiran's. This was the first time for one of the group to taste Indian food - - We were greeted and seated immediately. Fine dining - wonderful mixed Indian / British decor, fresh flowers and candles on the table. Excellent service from start to finish. The soup flight trio was delicious. We tried the sliders and chicken Tikka Masala - a big hit. We shared the 3 desserts - poached pear, trio of ice cream and the fantastic bread pudding with apricots, cranberries and white chocolate creme anglaise. Kiran stopped by the table to say hello. We dined slowly and were not rushed and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Next time we will be there for a Saturday High tea - the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itstartrekswanDined on 7/20/2014a wonderful and unique place for a birthday dinnerSpecial Features:
- Utterly the best!ColinDined on 7/19/2014Certainly the best Indian restaurant in the Western Hemisphere, if not beyond! Kiran is a star chef and a wonderful host.Special Features:
- DisappointedjafaDined on 7/19/2014I went expecting something special from reviews on other sites. It wasn't. It was okay, but given the prices, the food was actually very disappointing. The décor is also given high praise. It was pretentious and old-fashioned. The service was wonderful, but there are definitely better high-end Indian options in Houston.
- Lovely High Tea!BleubirdDined on 7/19/2014I took my Mother, Sister and Daugter to a special High Tea. It was delightful!Special Features:
- Something differentLokeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Came for HiTea. Food was OK but not 'wow' factor. Service was excellent. Surprised to have to give my credit card info to hold reservations. Have to return for an evening meal ala carte in order to give a fairer review.Special Features: