4100 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77027Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kiranshouston.com/
- Phone: 7139608472x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday–Sunday 5 pm
Happy Hour: Monday–Friday 5 pm–7 pm
Afternoon Tea: One Seating Every Saturday at 2 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Kiran Verma
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Exclusive, personalized caterings.
- Special Events: Afternoon Tea Every Saturday. One seating at 2 pm.
Monthly Wine Dinners
Single Malt Tastings
Holiday Brunch Buffets (Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas)
A word from Kiran's
Chef Kiran, considered the ‘godmother of Indian fine dining,’ has created world-class Indian cuisine at her eponymous restaurant, which serves up Indian hospitality, with French sophistication and American informality. Chef Kiran is a self-taught chef with three important influences – an Indian upbringing, a love of fine cuisine and a generous spirit. She defines her cuisine as a combination of cultures, philosophies and cooking techniques. An award-winning wine list of over 300 labels, along with monthly wine dinners, complements the delicate flavors of the food. Guests can also enjoy an Afternoon Tea service every Saturday. Chef Kiran recently launched her own Chai Blend.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kiran's reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)fit for foodies (58)romantic (37)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (25)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (9)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Restaurant - Slightly PushyAirbusguyDined on 9/10/2014We had a wonderful meal. It was excellent food, great presentation and very very tasty. We just found the server to be a bit pushy - trying to "upsell" us on everything!! Apart from that, we really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Good but spicyStacynlDined on 9/6/2014The food was excellent but very spicy and i am used to eating spicy. But it also has great flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Add it to your listOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Kirans is true to their word, they offer a refreshing take on the many of the Classic Indian fare. We opted for the HRW menu even though that wasn't why we went. The 3 soup app and the beet salad were both very good and the masala and vindaloo were both excellent. Pedro, our server was prompt with menus and drinks and was attentive and funny without being in our face... Will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time with friendsAsabalVIPDined on 8/31/2014We had dinner with some friends and we enjoy the good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice restaurantaallDined on 8/31/2014Good birthday dinner experience. Service was outstanding. Dinner was sub par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very very gooddeliveringVIPDined on 8/31/2014Service was good, food was excellent, with the right touch. Will return for sure!Special Features:
- Poor service, good foodJJSWDined on 8/30/20145 of us met there for HRW. We asked a couple questions about the menu and the waiter assured our requests could be accommodated. Surprised we could change things on the menu, we went with it. It took 30+ minutes to get our food, and when it came, only one of our requests was fulfilled. For the rest of us, the waiter simply said, "Unless you have an allergy, just try the food". Really!?? You get our order wrong, then tell us to eat it anyway? Unacceptable. The bus boy was friendly, attentive, and responsive. He got our tips.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningLalkaDined on 8/29/2014This was our first time and our first time to try this particular type of Indian food. We tried the Restaurant Week menu. Everything was excellent, including the service. I only wish my poached pear had been a little bigger, and it was a little plain with only a couple of pieces of fruit on the plate. But the bread pudding was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MidtownDined on 8/29/2014The ambiance, service and food presentation were very good. The quality of the food was pretty good, but less so than 6 months ago, when we came with some other friends. Maybe it depends on what you order.Special Features:
- OutstandingCrusaderDined on 8/28/2014This restaurant continues to be a place that when we leave we say why don't we go more often. Terrific from starters to dessert. Reasonable wine pricing, spectacular presentation of the unexpected. Service from professionals.Special Features:
- FlavorfulfoodieVIPDined on 8/26/2014Wonderful flavors. Enjoyed the traditional items (paneer, masala).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent indian foodjustgoodfoodDined on 8/24/2014very good service and all very helpfull to fill ones needs. Would have liked to see Australian wine filling out the wine list Will return soonSpecial Features:
- Good flavor for Indian fusionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014I took a friend here because he said he didn't like Indian food. Having been here before, I knew there would be plenty of non-traditional options, like the lamb burger sliders, just in case he was going to be less adventurous. Bottom line is there are options for those that love Indian food and those who are just dabbling in the flavors :-)Special Features:
- Finest High Tea in HoustonAllrosewoodVIPDined on 8/23/2014Tables are set with such eloquence from bone china to starched white table cloths to creative fresh flower centerpiece to desserts served in a spoon. The owner has spent time training waiters and thinking of every detail to provide a pleasurable experience for all. They are very welcoming to accommodate large groups too. A place with a lovely attitude to share a lovely spot of tea and traditional Indian cuisine with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian with a flairFrequentdinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014This is not a typical Indian restaurant with only curry. Kiran has taken Indian to its peak with amazing flavors (I did not say hot and spicy though you can get this if you desire). When have you had Indian cornish game hen or drunk soup out of a tea cup. Our first time and we will be back.Special Features:
- Not just Indian foodTravelerTrishDined on 8/21/2014Kiran's is known for its Indian offerings, which is usually what we order, but there are choices which will suit everyone and the special HRW menu offers both. We particularly enjoyed the flight of three soups with an onion spinach fritter, the tandoori redfish, and the trio of sorbets…all very refreshing during August. Service was prompt and helpful without being intrusive. The location is close to railroad tracks, which detracts from both the outside tables and the view. Decor could use an update, but its pleasant with dark colors, white tablecloths and low bowls of fresh flowers. We always enjoy eating at Kiran's.Special Features:
- Amazing mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014My Indian friends have always said that Kiran's had the best food in town, but this was my first visit. It totally met and exceeded expectations. Attentive service and the food was fabulous.Special Features:
- Flavor!!SisterSarahDined on 8/15/2014I love flavor and that's what Kiran's has. Each dish has a tasty subtle uniqueness. The Houston Restaurant Weeks menu was such a fun option to try new things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner Food and Great TeaSEMacDined on 8/9/2014For upscale Eastern Indian fare in a comfortable ambiance, this restaurant is the top of the mark. And, the high teas are very special, including an angelic harp playing in the background.Special Features:
- Food is great!ClaudetteDined on 8/9/2014This place has very good food and the service was great too. This is gonna be high on my list for date nights from now on. We brought home leftovers and our 4 young children loved them too and can't wait to go as well. Can't wait to come back and try more dishes! Chicken tikka masala and seafood duo are just delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DininGemDined on 8/9/2014The food at Kiran is consistently outstanding. The flavors, the consistencies, the quality of the ingredients all conspire to make this a great place to enjoy a meal. The chef always prepares something special for our table, knowing how much we enjoy her country's food. We have always had dedicated, attentive service and all requests are attended to immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kiran'sDeliciousDined on 8/9/2014Kiran's for the very Best High Tea in Houston. Serving a proper British High Tea with fine china and fresh flowers. The Masala Chai Tea is an excellent original by Chef Kiran. The refreshingly different mint-lime lemonade started the first course with mushroom & feta samosa, followed by the ladyfinger sandwiches - chicken salad, smoked salmon, cucumber avocado, tomato mozzarella and a spicy Vindaloo deviled egg - A choice of Darjeeling tea or staying with the chai - next was the traditional apricot & cranberry scone with jam and clotted cream and Earl Grey tea. A large assortment of petit fours including macaroons, key-lime tart, pecan tart, rasberry mouse and chocolate dipped strawberries. Excellent wait staff! An elegant treat for allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely one of Houston's finest.MDavisDined on 8/5/2014You will never be dissappointed dining at Kiran's. Absolutely one of Houston's 5 Star Restaurants. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kiran'sDeliciousDined on 8/1/2014Since it's Houston Restaurant Week we decided to have dinner at Kiran's. This was the first time for one of the group to taste Indian food - - We were greeted and seated immediately. Fine dining - wonderful mixed Indian / British decor, fresh flowers and candles on the table. Excellent service from start to finish. The soup flight trio was delicious. We tried the sliders and chicken Tikka Masala - a big hit. We shared the 3 desserts - poached pear, trio of ice cream and the fantastic bread pudding with apricots, cranberries and white chocolate creme anglaise. Kiran stopped by the table to say hello. We dined slowly and were not rushed and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Next time we will be there for a Saturday High tea - the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itstartrekswanDined on 7/20/2014a wonderful and unique place for a birthday dinnerSpecial Features:
- Utterly the best!ColinDined on 7/19/2014Certainly the best Indian restaurant in the Western Hemisphere, if not beyond! Kiran is a star chef and a wonderful host.Special Features:
- DisappointedjafaDined on 7/19/2014I went expecting something special from reviews on other sites. It wasn't. It was okay, but given the prices, the food was actually very disappointing. The décor is also given high praise. It was pretentious and old-fashioned. The service was wonderful, but there are definitely better high-end Indian options in Houston.
- Lovely High Tea!BleubirdDined on 7/19/2014I took my Mother, Sister and Daugter to a special High Tea. It was delightful!Special Features:
- Something differentLokeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Came for HiTea. Food was OK but not 'wow' factor. Service was excellent. Surprised to have to give my credit card info to hold reservations. Have to return for an evening meal ala carte in order to give a fairer review.Special Features:
- nitaDined on 7/19/2014We met there for a book club meeting at the the high tea. The food served was somewhat different from what was on the restaurant website menu. Normally, the service is exceptional, however, the day we were there, the service was adequate, but not good. We had long waits for refills for water and tea - problematic for an event where tea is the feature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/18/2014We had a great time. The wait staff helped make it a special evening. They were very helpful with helping us make our food choices. we loved our dinner and the evening. would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceRalfalfaDined on 7/14/2014Been here many times. Waitstaff are generally good, this time we were really lucky & and got outstanding service (wish I could remember his name!). Atypically my lamb vindaloo was tasty but the lamb was tough. Regardless we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Ambiance, service, quality of food preparation all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely afternoon tea!LeslieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Kirans is a great place to spend a Saturday afternoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Indian restaurantGiozingaroDined on 7/11/2014Very nice food. My Tandoori lamb was cooked at perfection. The service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love2dinningDined on 7/11/2014Awesome food n ambiance was so romantic which made 1st wedding anniversary so special. I will always remember this. All thanks to you guys.Special Features:
- BlandDeylishDined on 7/4/2014Nice friendly staff but food lacking spice and flavor. If your British, best find another place. You won't find what your looking for here.
- Delicious Indian FoodhoustonfoodieVIPDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant is a must if you love Indian food. The menu has all the traditional staples, with additional sections of the menu that have unique dishes, less traditional Indian, but very delicious nonetheless and still utilizing the Indian flavor profile. Naan comes pre-cut which I loved. Waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and extremely helpful in navigating through it.Special Features:
- Great foodEileencDined on 6/28/2014The food selections are a bit more varied than the usual Indian fare. More emphasis on continental -European selections.Special Features:
- LemonadeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Their take on lemonade may redefine lemonade, best fish dish I ever ate, the Chilean SeabassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.