Kinoya Bistro Japonais
4250, rue St-Denis
Montreal, QC H2J 2K8Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: CAN$30 and under
Kinoya Bistro Japonais
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kinoya.ca/en/welcome/
- Phone: 5145085200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30 - 2:30pm, Saturday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Devin Chen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Kinoya Bistro Japonais
A contemporary Izakaya, Kinoya, is a Japanese style tapas bar. The main concept is designed food for drinks and sharing. Like a traditional Izakaya, Kinoya provides various drinks such as beer, Sake, Shochu, wine and Cocktail as well as food to accompany the drinks including appetizers, fries dishes, grilled dishes, Sashimi, and desserts. Rice and Noodle dishes such as Sushi and Ramen are often eaten at the end of drinking.Come to discover the exotic atmosphere of an Izakaya and enjoy the unique experience in Japanese cuisine. You’ll find great food, drinks, ambiance and joy of living!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kinoya Bistro Japonais reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)neighborhood gem (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- One of my favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Went there with a big group of people for my birthday and we had an amazing time. Everybody enjoyed the food and service was excellent despite being a large group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Très beau restaurantAlalDined on 10/3/2014J'ai trouver surtout que la déco était magnifique ! Ensuite la bouffe à un bon rapport qualité prix. Pour avoir essayer plusieurs restau japonais dans le genre au centre-ville, j'ai trouvé la bouffe un peu moins constante; c'est pas tout les plats qui sont très bons. Mais pour la location (plateau) et pour le prix, nous étions bien satisfait! Service un peu lent, il ne faut pas être pressé. L'ambiance n'est pas nomplus très festive si on compare aux autres restau bar japonais de Mtl. Mais ça peut être un plus pour certaine personne!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 8 reviews are from the Kinoya Bistro Japonais reviews archive.
- Worst. Service. Ever.montrealvisitorDined on 2/16/2014We came here while on vacation on a quiet Sunday night. It took us two hours to get through a meal, and we ordered basic food like sushi. The waitress forgot we were there twice, yet the place wasn't even 25% full. It was awful and I would recommend going to other restaurants for your sushi cravings.
- More Chinese than Japanese IzakayaMtlguyVIPDined on 2/1/2014I've been to several Izakayas in the city and all over the world and this is not one. The food is OK but it's far from authentic. Clearly the chef is cooking heavily Szechuan-influenced food. The service is a complete disaster. They seated us at a dirty table, took them 20 minutes to clean it up, another 15 minutes before they took our drink order, another 20 minutes for the food order. We didn't see any food for at least 45 minutes. The whole ordeal lasted close to 3 hours. Service is cold and uneducated. Too bad since the restaurant looks nice. Disappointing.
- We went to the Kinoya withGuedinDined on 12/7/2013We went to the Kinoya with a rather large group ( almost 10 peoples ), and everybody enjoyed the place. The ambiance was really great, trendy and cosy. The food was good and sophisticated and the alcohol list was great, with a large choice of traditional drinks ( the plum wine was excellent ;) ). And most of all, the service was excellent. The waitress was really, always here to offer refill when our glasses were empty, and gave us good suggestions for drinks and food. In short, i'll definitely go back to that placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad foodMaryVIPDined on 10/24/2013The waitress gave us no attention. When we got the food the quality was poor and sashimis were frozen. I dont recommend this restaurant at all!
- Oishii!MattJDined on 8/24/2013Excellent atmosphere, great service and delicious food. The takoyaki were especially good. Nice touch with a non-alcoholic sake bomb for the designated driver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is deliciousJulieDined on 6/14/2013The second time I went there was to celebrate my birthday with a group of friend. Everybody without exception was delighted by the quality of the food, every plate we tried was just so tasty and well presented. I was just surprised to see that it was a bit empty for a Friday night. We'll go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Japanese experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2013Every dish was well executed and equally particular attention was given to the fabulous decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Japanese BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013The only thing missing is the one liter size of Sapporo in draft ^^