Kinkead's, An American Brasserie
2000 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20006-1812Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Kinkead's, An American Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kinkead.com/
- Phone: 2022967700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Raw Bar / Cafe Menu: to 11:00pm Nightly
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Bob Kinkead
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Room available for parties of 12 or more. Limited times and seating for parties of 6-8 in dining room
- Private Party Contact: Allison Haight 202)747-8570
- Entertainment: Live jazz nightly Tuesday through Saturday from 6:30pm to 10:00pm
- Cross Street: Between 20th and 21st
- Public Transit: Foggy Bottom Metro (Blue & Orange lines)
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: VALIDATED parking, evenings only beginning at 5:30pm. The Colonial Parking garage is located on the left side of 20th Street between H Street and Pennsylvania Ave. Please bring in your parking ticket to the host stand for a validation stamp.
A word from Kinkead's, An American Brasserie
Kinkead’s is an American Brasserie, with a heavy emphasis on seafood. The restaurant, located just four blocks from The White House at 2000 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, is a two-story, 220-seat restaurant offering a choice of two settings – the more casual street level bar and café, and the upstairs dining room featuring a kitchen open to full view. Chef Bob Kinkead adapts unique dishes from around the world to American ingredients and tastes, resulting in a light, yet intense and full-flavored, experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kinkead's, An American Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
- Last night of the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012Last night of the restaurant was as gracious, fun, fabulous and delicious as it has always been, we raise a glass to their classy last act. And to Bob Kinkead who came around to every table .Special Features:
- will miss it a lot but lookOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/22/2012will miss it a lot but look forward to Bob's new ventureSpecial Features:
- I always get the grilled squid.samyVIPDined on 12/22/2012I always get the grilled squid. Today Bob Kinkead was running the show for the last night. It was the best I eve had. Too sad they are closing. Hopefully it is just a relocation.
- We were seated as soon asItalianinVAVIPDined on 12/22/2012We were seated as soon as we got there. Quiet table. Food is well prepared and menu is diverse. Fresh ingredients mostly. Service was mostly professional though sometimes spotty. Spread too thin?Special Features:
- One of my favorite restosnixiedcVIPDined on 12/21/2012One of my favorite restos in DC, run by one of my favorite chefs of the past 25 years. Can't wait for him to reopen/open his next place.Special Features:
- Thanks for all of the great meals.ArlingtonNativeVIPDined on 12/19/2012Sad to see this gem go. Everything would have been excellent except for the fact that they would be closing their doors in three days. I believe some of the staff had already moved on and they were slightly understaffed. Bob Kinkead assured me that he would be reopening in a different location soon. I cannot wait.Special Features:
- Last chance to eat here beforeDHPX2VIPDined on 12/18/2012Last chance to eat here before it closed. Can't wait to see what Kinkead comes up with next.
- Too bad Kinkead's is closing.DCRolandDined on 12/18/2012Too bad Kinkead's is closing. Funnily enough, this time service was only OK, last time it was fabulous.
- I usually have good serviceOTvipNdcVIPDined on 12/18/2012I usually have good service at Kinkead's but my last visit I had subpar service. Waiter, who, though friendly, rarely checked on us to refill drinks or check on food quality. I has to flag him down to refill our drinks. Appetizers came out right away, which was good, but our lobster rolls took much longer than they should have. I can always count on the food being good at Kinkead's, so that was the saving grace of this trip.
- I was able to book a tableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/17/2012I was able to book a table here 5 days before their closing date, to celebrate my and my wife's 7-year anniversary. All I noted under "special requests" in OpenTable was that I had proposed to my wife here and was hoping to be seated at the same table. Although they weren't able to grant the request, they were very on top of honoring the occasion for us in other ways. From the warm greeting at the top of the stairs, to the customized menu that read "Happy 7th Anniversary!" in the heading, to the gift mugs we received at the end, it was definitely a memorable experience for us.Special Features:
- So sad to know that this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/17/2012So sad to know that this restaurant is closing on 12/22/12. For our last meal, stayed with the classics (fried clams and pepita crusted salmon). Both were prepared to perfection. Hopefully, it won't be too long before Chef Kinkead announces his next DC location.
- Kinkead's Is DC's LossArtMVIPDined on 12/15/2012Too bad that they have to close their doors, as they have always been an outstanding place for great seafood.Special Features:
- Good and GoneOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/15/2012They closed. However on the good side, the food was still of outstanding quality on the third to last day of business.Special Features:
- Kinkead's is closing thisyummyDined on 12/14/2012Kinkead's is closing this Saturday so this is pointless. Still, I've got to say it's a fabulous restaurant with fabulous service.
- i JUST HOPE HIS NEXT VENTUREOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/14/2012i JUST HOPE HIS NEXT VENTURE IS OPEN SOON AND JUST AS GOODSpecial Features:
- So sorry to see it close -OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/14/2012So sorry to see it close - it has always been a favorite of ours!
- unfortunately bob kinked isIsabelVIPDined on 12/13/2012unfortunately bob kinked is closing this lovely restaurant this month. gasp. i hope and understand he'll open a new one next summer. loved this place -- especially for special occasions.Special Features:
- The staff was very friendly.KathleenDined on 12/13/2012The staff was very friendly. The seafood options were mostly fish. No crabcakes as an entree. Sea scallops was the only alternative to fish. Best part of the meal was the table (by the window) and the dessert, pecan tart. The waitress' remarks were not so engaging said them as if they were rote..."enjoy" "very good"Special Features:
- Sorry to see it go. LookingVermontAvenueFoodieVIPDined on 12/12/2012Sorry to see it go. Looking forward to the next reincarnation.Special Features:
- So why is it closing? OnBeckyDined on 12/12/2012So why is it closing? On the top 5 in DC for years........why? you have my email address so why are you asking..........Special Features:
- Kinkead's is one of my favoriteTesaDined on 12/11/2012Kinkead's is one of my favorite restaurants, I heard it was closing and wanted to go one last time. I wasn't disappointed
- My girlfriends and I decidedAimeeDined on 12/10/2012My girlfriends and I decided to have our annual holiday get together dinner there since it was closing shortly thereafter. I can see why they are closing. Dinner was okay but the menu seemed stuck back in it's heyday. The few grilled fish options included salmon, and I forget the other. However, they were nice and allowed us to get the cod on the appetizer menu grilled for our meal choice. Perhaps when it re-opens elsewhere, the menu won't get stuck in a distant era.
- Sad to say goodbyeVocalOneVIPDined on 12/10/2012I'm very sad to see Kinkead's go. I have very fond memories of after-work happy hours back when I used to work at 2000 Penn, and after-class happy hours back when I was doing my graduate studies at GW. Kinkead's is a true gem. It will be missed.Special Features:
- We are very regretful to learnOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/8/2012We are very regretful to learn that this fine restaurant will be closing. Our joint birthday meal here was *exceptional.* The attention from the servers was outstanding, as was the meal itself. The capstone of souvenir birthday gifts made the entire experience very memorable. Our regards to the entire staff!Special Features:
- Alwasy a Good ExperiencenorthernvirginiadinerDined on 12/7/2012So sorry that Kinkead's is closing. We have always enjoyed the food at Kinkead's and Colvin Run, before it closed.Special Features:
- A Sad GoodbyeAllieBVIPDined on 12/7/2012Such a shame Kinkead's is closing: it's one of my favorite restaurants. Having said that, the food didn't seem to be as good on this occasion as I've experienced the many times previously that I've patronized this restaurant.Special Features:
- Only the good die young!RestaurantWeekRWDined on 12/5/2012Seven of us gathered to enjoy a last lunch at our beloved Kinkead's. Outstanding food and our friendly waiter underscored why Kinkead's has been a fovorite for over 20 years. Bittersweet, as we bid it adieu.Special Features:
- Sorry to see it go!SlouchDined on 12/4/2012I had always meant to come to Kinkead's before the announcement that it would be shuttering for good in December and it was constantly in the Top 20 of foodie destinations. For whatever reason, that never happened. I wish had made there sooner. My first selection was an exceptional example of fried Ipswich clams. To follow that up, I opted for the mussels with saffron broth which was excellent. My dining companion had the scallops with salsify and loved it. Room was saved for dessert/coffee. Our service was attentive without being intrusive and we felt like we were the only ones in the restaurant that night. I was glad to have a meal at Kinkead's and am sorry to see it go.Special Features:
- Poor seatingPeteDined on 11/29/2012With a fairly light Thursday evening crowd, there is absolutely no reason to be seated in the far back, small room. I did not bring someone to DC for a special dinner for that complete lack of atmosphere. After years of considering Kinkead's my first choice for out of town guests, now I will have to think hard before going back.
- Don't leave!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/29/2012This was perhaps our last visit to Kinkeads before they close the doors. Best seafood dishes in town!!!!! WIll miss them but hopefully they will reopen in another location.Special Features:
- Awesome as usual. Bob, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2012Awesome as usual. Bob, the owner and chef, stopped by to make sure everything was great. As usual, it was.Special Features:
- The food and service was theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/27/2012The food and service was the best I've experienced in years.Special Features:
- Excellent food, as alwaysStevensonVIPDined on 11/27/2012I am devastated, as were my guests, to learn that Kinkaid's will be closing soon. For years, Kinkaid's has been our "go-to" place for wonderful food and a civilized atmosphere. The other night, I had a wonderful tuna with a kind of Mexican mole sauce, which was so good. One of my guests had a dozen fresh oysters and mussels. Where else are we going to go for such bounty?Special Features:
- We had a great time for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/20/2012We had a great time for our social/business dinner.
- The food was well preparedJDB35VIPDined on 11/18/2012The food was well prepared and delicious. Our server left much to be desired. She was unfriendly, inattentive and aloof. Smiling was not in her repetoire. She took our order, delivered the food and check - Period. No social interactions whatsoever. Really amazing for a top rated retaurantSpecial Features:
- Excellent meal. We have alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2012Excellent meal. We have always had a great dining experience at Kinkead's.Special Features:
- Have eaten at Kinkead's inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2012Have eaten at Kinkead's in the past but was disappointed this time in the menu. Many offerings seemed overly fussy, detracting from the pleasure of a piece of well-cooked fish.
- Nice restaurant and reasonablyDrScottDined on 11/16/2012Nice restaurant and reasonably priced. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- We all had the pumpkin ravioliCarol5VIPDined on 11/14/2012We all had the pumpkin ravioli which was expertly prepared and presented. I can always count on that. My only disappointment is that for the price the portion is too small.Special Features:
- Our party of 6 dined at Kinkead'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2012Our party of 6 dined at Kinkead's on Monday, Nov. 11, 2012. We each ordered something different. Everyone thought their meal was outstanding. Service was efficient but not overbearing. Our table was not in one of the main dining rooms, but off to one side separated by a partial partition, allowing our group to have a quieter and more private dinner (we had not requested that, but it was a nice location). There was another similar table in the next room behind ours where, we learned later, a leading U.S. Senator and his wife were dining with friends (we not only recognized his voice but he and his guests walked by our table as they left). Excellent food and ambience. Would highly recommend Kinkead's!Special Features: