25 Kingston Street
Boston, MA 02111Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kingstonstation.com/
- Phone: 6174826282
- Hours of Operation:
MON - WED: 11:30am - Midnight THUR - FRI: 11:30 - 2am SAT: 5pm - 2am SUN: 11am - 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Kingston Station offers many options for your private dining needs. We have several private dining rooms that can accommodate a variety of functions. Whether it's a formal dinner with a special prix fixe menu or an informal gathering with drinks and appetizers, Kingston Station can accomodate your s
- Private Party Contact: Byron Lepine 8775167940
- Special Events: Kingston Station can accommodate up to 25 people in our private function space. Semi-private rooms can accommodate up to 70 people. The entire restaurant is also available for private bookings.
- Cross Street: Bedford and Summer
- Public Transit: [Red Line - Park Street / Downtown Crossing] [Orange Line - Downtown Crossing / Chinatown ] [Green Line - Boylston / Park St. ] [Blue Line - Government Center / State ]
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Private Lot: Continue past the restaurant and take the first right onto Bedford St. The Hyatt Regency Hotel Garage will be directly in front of you. Street parking is limited, but available on Kingston St. and neighboring side streets.
A word from Kingston Station
Kingston Station is conveniently located in Downtown Crossing, near Boston’s financial center, theater district and Chinatown. The menu provides a variety of American bistro favorites like Seared Tuna Nicoise Salad, Steak Frites, and Seared Scallops with Lemon Risotto. Kingston Station provides a casual downtown environment reminiscent of a classic railway station. Walls are a mix of vintage white subway tiles and tea stained paint. Tables and chairs are mismatched to create a comfortable atmosphere. The front café area has marble mosaic tiles, flooded with natural light. The restaurant is perfect for a fun and casual night out on the town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kingston Station reviews from OpenTable diners
- Best menu/drinks and valueOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/2/2013It has the best menue and value in the Financial District. The new lamb is out of this world. Best drinks around, Unbelievable home made icecream!Special Features:
- fab food, energetic atmosphereurbanover40Dined on 6/28/2013We loved the food - our 20 something kids and friend had Kingston burgers which were fantastic. I had veggie burger which was best I've had in Boston. Cocktails were very good. We went on a Friday night and there were lots of after work groups dining-- a very energetic and enthusiastic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a little slow.binneygirl168VIPDined on 5/20/2013Service was a little slow. Burgers were really good!Special Features:
- Creative Food/DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/17/2013A small menu with creative choices, excellent drink options. We loved this unexpected find in the middle of the business district. It had a hoppin' happy hour but thankfully we were seated in a quieter section in the back. Pear salad and brie sandwiches were delicious, as were the scallops and the blackberry margarita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch in the Financial DistricOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/17/2013FYI... they only offer valet at dinner, so lunch is self park/self pay. Food was very good- Steak Frites is their specialty and they spare no expense (or calories!) on making it wonderful. My companion had the fish and chips; the filet was HUGE and it came with a mountain of chips and homemade tartar sauce. Service was good and unobtrusive, but the later it got, the busier it got and we were pretty much left alone with empty drinks. But, it was lunch rush. I would certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2013My husband and i tried Kingston Station for first time saturday night. Food and service were excellent. The menu is not overwhelming. Easy to make a decision with the various options of apps and entrees. The chef's take on ice cream could not have been better with the infusion of lavender and other offerings! The owner cam over and introduced himself making us feel welcome. Strongly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half Price Apps are the Way to Go!MaggieVIPDined on 5/10/2013I will definitely be back for after work drinks and appetizers - the food and cocktails are both amazing!Special Features:
- Food was fantastic. WaitressLeighDined on 4/27/2013Food was fantastic. Waitress was nice but we had to get her attention to order our food after we had been sitting for at least 20 minutes.Special Features:
- Love love love the food andOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/26/2013Love love love the food and drinks here! Came with a girl friend for a low key girls night and it was perfect. The truffle gruyere fries are a must! My only complaint would be that the servers/bussers were overeager to clear plates before we were ready which got a little annoying on the third time. The service as a whole is excellent though!Special Features:
- Worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2013We went to Kingston Station before seeing a show at the Boston Opera House. We were expecting pub fare (which would have been fine), but the food was surprisingly good. The portions were a little small, but maybe that's just because we loved everything we ordered. Our servers were also really friendly and provided spot on service. I would definitely recommend it and I hope to go back soon.Special Features:
- Food was very good. DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/17/2013Food was very good. Dissapointing was only that we did not get any bread which would have been good for the mussles sauce (we had the mussles as appetizer). Dessert was delicious (Crepes). Restaurant is a little bit dark though.
- Had six for dinner and everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2013Had six for dinner and everyone enjoyed their dishes. The staff was super attentive. The atmosphere is nice quite nice. Dark for early evening but I got adjusted and was able to read my menu. The one issue I had was tip added to the bill. Added at 20% they may or may not have short changed themselves. This really aggravates me.
- go-to spotwaldobmpVIPDined on 4/4/2013Solid neighborhood restaurant/bar close to theaters. Always pleasant and timely service. Can be loud and menu is small but I look forward to coming here before a show.Special Features:
- Average and DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2013Fair to disappointing. My food was ok. My guest's food was done incorrectly, though we had inquired ahead of time as to how the meat was done. Fries for the steak frites were uneven - crunchy when burned, soggy when not, over-salted. Pass
- The tuna tartare and truffleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/23/2013The tuna tartare and truffle oil fries were notable. Eric, the bartender, deserves a special shout-out. Nice experience overall!Special Features:
- Enjoyed the meal and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2013Enjoyed the meal and service very much. We redeemed a discount voucher which sometimes tends to reduce service quality but not in this case at all. It was quite noisy due to a larger party and the high ceilings of the space but still had a great time. We will returnSpecial Features:
- Luscious food and great atmosphere!AriS13Dined on 3/16/2013A really nice "hidden" spot on a nearly empty street close to Downtown Crossing. It was busy, but definitely not crowded to too noisy to hear the conversation at your table. Our waitress was very friendly, fun (she seemed to genuinely enjoy how much we enjoyed our meal!), and was very helpful when it came to making a good wine selection (which it was!) The food was INCREDIBLE. The mussels appetizer had such a flavorful broth, and as for my main meal (the steak and fries): hands down, this place has the BEST (truffle oil?) FRIES EVER. I will be back for more of those! The cheese sauce that came with it was the most delectable dipping option for both the fries and the steak. And the pot de creme dessert was heavenly!Special Features:
- I had the pork belly and lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/16/2013I had the pork belly and loved it, Truffle Fries were great and the Scallops were good. The Steak Frite was disappointing. The appetizers were good. We were seated up front but would have preferred the rear dining area. Price was good.
- A usual lunch spot, KingstonOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/16/2013A usual lunch spot, Kingston proved a good location for a relaxed dinner. Plenty of places in Boston to have mussels with fries, but at Kingston, they were garlicky, and the fries smothered in truffle oil, cheese and rosemary - unbeatable and fully addictive. staff are attentive and professional, and it's a nice atmosphere with the lights down low.Special Features:
- Kingston Station has a veryLightman9Dined on 3/15/2013Kingston Station has a very busy bar scene, but even with the Friday crowd, we were seated right away in a quieter room. Our server visited us immediatly, introduced herself and took our drink order. She was also quite helpful in answering questions about the menu. The appetizer came faster than expected and our dinners arrived after we were finished. The dinner and desert courses were brought by team so everyone was served at once. The menu is varied and everyone found a wonderfully meal to their liking. The portions were well sized, we all let full but not in pain. We would highly recommend Kingston Station.Special Features:
- The food can be very hit andKalfireDined on 3/14/2013The food can be very hit and miss. Some items great, some blah. Changes from great to ok every time we goSpecial Features:
- Very noisy; food was fair;GIgiVIPDined on 3/8/2013Very noisy; food was fair; wait staff slow;no rolls; mystified by gluten-free;salmon was over-done; ice cream had weird texture and flavor.
- Great spot in Financial DistrictOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/5/2013Took my boss for dinner. He was really wowed. The food was awesomeSpecial Features:
- The prices are right, theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/2/2013The prices are right, the selection great and the truffle fries are to die for. Lovely experience!Special Features:
- Great spot for lunch. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/28/2013Great spot for lunch. Food is consistently good, service is prompt.Special Features:
- still a great choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/25/2013Food is consistently good. Love the truffle fries, tomato soup, and nicoise salad. Also good for drinks. Service was a little slow, but came during the lunch rush.
- My only complain about KingstonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013My only complain about Kingston station, is that on this occasion our reservation did not guarantee us a table at the time specified. I know this happens from time to time, so I didn't make big deal out of it. The host told us that it would only take 10-15 minutes to get a table. We sat at the bar to pass the time and got drinks. We sat there for a total of 45 minutes waiting for table. We ate at the bar so we could catch a movie we were about to run late to. By the time we ordered, our table was ready, but it was too late. Probably not typical, but frustrating none the less.Special Features:
- Consistent QualityDCC52VIPDined on 1/14/2013Always a good meal, well served. Menu is not long but interesting.Special Features:
- Nice spot in the financial districtDavePVIPDined on 1/10/2013Great place for lunch if you're looking to just escape the office, meet up with some friends, or host a business luncheon! I ate here for a business lunch and was very impressed the Ahi Tuna was outstanding, I have never had it prepared that way before. Their dinner menu looked quite good too, definitely a return visit needed!Special Features:
- Our group went for dinnerDanielleVIPDined on 12/31/2012Our group went for dinner before celebrating the New Year. Although the food was great, as well as the drinks, our server wasn't as stellar. She forgot an entire meal as well as oysters for another patron, so we were left waiting to eat until her meal arrived.Special Features:
- Nice quiet spot for a specialVeggieLoverDined on 12/31/2012Nice quiet spot for a special dinner with attentive service. Staff makes a special effort to ensure the food is to your liking and even gave out a free sampling of a new soup the chef wanted to test out on patrons. Food presentation was superb! Worth the effort to find this tucked away gem...Special Features:
- My fiancé and I wanted a calm,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2012My fiancé and I wanted a calm, not over the top New Year's Eve dinner. That's exactly what we got. We were early for our reservation, but they sat us right away. Our waitress was attentive and welcoming. I had the steak frites with the truffle fries, which are amazing. My fiancé had the Station Burger which he thought was really good too. Drinks were well priced and very well made. The only issue I had was the seating, which is bistro style and the tables were quite close together which lead to a few uncomfortable moments. As we started to leave it started to fill up and get noisier, but that's normal for a festive time.Special Features:
- Decent place to go for lunchJohnnyDined on 12/31/2012Decent place to go for lunch on a work day, and that's about it.Special Features:
- Dine here before the Ballet!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2012perfect spot to take my daughters for dinner before seeing the Nutcracker at the Boston Ballet!
- The ahi tuna sandwich wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/13/2012The ahi tuna sandwich was awful! It wasn't what I expected at all: a fried patty, that looked like a veggie burger, with a faint rawness inside. It should have been described as a tuna burger, not an ahi tuna burger. Plus, it was way too oily.Special Features:
- An unexpected, but reallybruhamaDined on 12/8/2012An unexpected, but really nice find! Just a couple minutes' walk from the Opera House and Washington St. Excellent food, great service, and the ambience thankfully is far from the usual, noisy, "active" scene! We chose to share several appetizers as a pre-theater meal, and loved every one of theme. We're sure to return!Special Features:
- Consistently good food. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/6/2012Consistently good food. The ice cream is outstanding. It is good to have a choice of 3-4 flavors.Special Features:
- Very good food, loud bar,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/30/2012Very good food, loud bar, fun time. This vibe at this restaurant seemed more like a NY or DC hot spot than a Boston one. The service was excellent. Seemed like a great place to come after work.Special Features:
- timing is everything... itOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/26/2012timing is everything... it took 40 minutes for LUNCH to arrive on a monday. but the food has improved since our last visit. portions were generous and hearty.
- I've been there several timesluckyVIPDined on 11/2/2012I've been there several times before, for some reason the food was better on prior visits...Special Features: