Kingsbury Street Cafe
1523 N Kingsbury Street
Chicago, IL 60642Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kingsbury Street Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kingsburystreetcafe.com/
- Phone: 3122801718
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Rose Duong
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Kingsbury Street Cafe
A chic cafe serving the finest breakfast, lunch, brunch and dinner items along with its award winning breads, pastries and desserts. We are located across the street from Whole Foods in Lincoln Park!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Kingsbury Street Cafe - Best Restaurants in Lincoln Park ›
Kingsbury Street Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (30)neighborhood gem (19)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (14)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (12)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (4)scenic view (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Nice brunch spotlaurenkolodziejVIPDined on 10/26/2014The food here was creative and very good! We tried many things in our group including the more traditional breakfast, the oatmeal, the croque madame, and a salmon benedict special. I'm not sure about the other members in my group, but my food was tasty but cold. It must have been sitting out for too long before service.Special Features:
- Good spot for a business meetingBusinessdudeheyheyheyDined on 10/20/2014Overall, it was just what I needed: a nice spot to conduct a lunch business meeting. It was an eleven dollar cab ride from (basically) the John Hancock building. It's also across the street from a Whole Foods, which is nice.Special Features:
- ValValDined on 10/13/2014Good but really really loud. Worth going but you will be yelling to be heard!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfast and brunch spotWinedudeVIPDined on 10/1/2014Really good food and friendly, attentive service. Nice salad and sandwich selection for lunch. Great local spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pjonesDined on 9/14/2014Was looking forward to trying this place which was featured on "Check Please" The hype was warranted as the food was really top notch. However the noise level was a real deterrent. There were four of us and we couldn't be heard across the table. For me, this will make me think twice about returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemLivetoeat2VIPDined on 9/1/2014Great place for brunch! Lively atmosphere with lots of interesting menu choices. Will definitely return again when we return to Chicago.Special Features:
- My Favorite BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014The location is not the most convenient, but the food is awesome and the space is very lovely and open. You can make reservations, which is a plus if you're trying to find a good brunch spot for groups.Special Features:
- ABABVIPDined on 8/16/2014Brunch at the Kingsbury Street Cafe was delicious. The deviled eggs were prepared with the utmost care and the paprika/chorizo combination delicately elevates the flavor. It was nice that the agave was served on the side of the chia seed breakfast pudding so that we could choose the our desired sweetness. One bite of the cheddar scones, and we had to place a to-go order to have for later in the day. Request to sit outside on the patio if you prefer a more relaxing brunch experience - it is a little difficult to carry on a conversation inside of the restaurant.
- Good food, slow serviceSL28Dined on 8/10/2014Food was good, but even with the reservation, it took them 20 min to seat us, despite the fact that several tables were unoccupied. Service continued to be slow throughout our meal, so that made my first impression less positive. I'd try it again because the food was good to see if service improves at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!VP1015VIPDined on 8/9/2014There isn't a thing I don't like about Kingsbury St Cafe. The food is delicious, the cocktails for brunch are fantastic (and there are plenty), and it's especially great if you get to sit outside. All around its a perfect place for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niiiiiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014The food was awesome! I had three deviled eggs with chorizo, a steak sandwich with eggs and salad, and lemon blueberry pancakes. I don't even like pancakes, but fell in love with them! They were so damn moist, fluffy, and.........u gotta try em! It tasted like I was eating lemon pound cake from my granny's kitchen! For real. My mojito was good too. Our server was great, though the kitchen was a little behind, the food was worth the wait!Special Features:
- Great PlaceWinedudeVIPDined on 8/3/2014One of our favorite breakfast/brunch spots in the city. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneCVRgirlDined on 7/19/20143rd visit & though it was a Sat., the noise level was lower (better) than prior visits. I love the food & live close by so I'd go more often but can't deal with the noise (the space is beautiful but cavernous). The food runs from well prepared, build your own omelettes to interesting spins on old standbys: love the deviled eggs w/crispy chorizo twists & a touch of cheddar. Some creations should not be on the menu at all: bbq chicken Benedict (IMHO) was amongst the most bizarre brunch creations I've tried- though I did love the salmon hash (I dined with a group of sharers so got to sample lots). Our server was very good - attentive but not obnoxious or pushy - excellent coffee from Coffee& Tea Exchange meant we lingered long.Special Features:
- A wonderful find!boccodDined on 7/13/2014We saw an episode of Check Please that featured The Kingsbury Cafe. As we were planning to be in that area, we made a reservation for a Sunday morning. We were most pleased with the menu options, the quality of food preparation, and the exceptional waitstaff. Oh, the baked goods that greet you on display upon entering the restaurant were fabulous! We recommend highly the Kingsbury Cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 103 reviews are from the Kingsbury Street Cafe reviews archive.
- Adorable place with great foodAvisVIPDined on 6/29/2014Super cute, friendly neighborhood spot with creative food and drinks. Other than the (loud) noise factor, and the overwhelming number of children eating there, it's a great find. Every bite (and sip) was delicious. Parking was a challenge, since we didn't know there was an adjacent lot! Now we know for next time, which is a definite.Special Features:
- YummIndygirlDined on 6/15/2014We had a great brunch with delicious and fresh food. The dining room is noisy but in a casual easy way. The lemon anglaise pancakes are worth the calories in every respect!Special Features:
- Innovative breakfast placesummerinchicagoVIPDined on 6/14/2014First time here loved it . Great ingredients and presentation. Bring the family.Special Features:
- Great for Lunch!SandiVIPDined on 6/5/2014Love the fresh, citrusy taste of the quinoa salad! Servings are generous and the servers are pleasant, helpful and prompt. Noise level is a bit too energetic when the restaurant gets crowded - we could barely hear each other across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch SpotWinedudeVIPDined on 5/16/2014Hadn't tried Kingsbury for lunch... The food is always good and the service is friendly and generally attentive. Lunch is probably my least favorite time to visit...the place was packed with 30 something moms and their kids. Been there, done that! I'll stick to brunch on the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindJoanDined on 5/4/2014Kingsbury Street Cafe is a hidden gem. The food is creative and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantMomSaysVIPDined on 5/2/2014This was a good place to meet a friend. & chat. The egg dishes, oatmeal & sandwiches we've tried were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat and LeavebrunchisbestDined on 4/6/2014Went to Kingsbury for brunch on a recommendation. The food was absolutely delicious and filling. The mimosas served after 10AM were amazing. I had the MoMo. The restaurant was bright and airy which complemented the energy of the crowd. Our server was very friendly and personable. The only negative about the experience was that towards the end of my party's meal the servers, who were not ours, began to be a bit pushy as in "encouraging" us to leave. To be honest, my party found it quite rude for other servers in the restaurant to begin clearing our plates and consistently asking us if we needed anything else. Again, to note, our server was great, but the others servers left such a bad taste in mouth that I will never go back.Special Features:
- Just go & enjoy!!GoGoGirlChicagoDined on 4/2/2014A beautiful modern room, the food was fresh and perfectly cooked. The 'hood is hip and the server personable. Bakery goods were out of this world and super cheap (biggie muffin only $2.75!). Can't wait to go back for lunch. Our breakfast table neighbor was Ina Pickney (sp?), so you know the food HAS to be great. Hard to park cause of the over-developed neighborhood, but the valet next door at the strip joint is only $5 - so use it. Look for me, cause I'm going back soon - GoGoGirl xoxoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went back the very next day!AmbsVIPDined on 3/27/2014We went for brunch on a whim and were blown away by the food! Very high quality for what you pay for. A great selection of breakfast and lunch. We liked everything we ordered. The next day, we went back for more and made an appointment for Saturday brunch as well. 3 times in a week since our first visit. It's that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceBrunchclubVIPDined on 3/23/2014I was really excited to try your restaurant - my friends and I go to brunch on Sundays pretty regularly. The restaurant has a great ambience - very sunny, open atmosphere that reminds me of spring and summer time. However, the service really needs to be improved. Out waitress was very unfriendly. In addition, she, had to be reminded to bring our drinks after the entrees came out. I also asked for a substution for the meat that was included with the eggs since I'm vegetarian but was told there were no substitutions. Most restaurants will offer at least something or at least offer cheese or a veggie to be scrambled into the eggs. It's unfortunate because great ambience and good food won't make up for poor service.Special Features:
- Reservation for 10!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2014I was able to make a reservation for 10 and able to adjust it when a few of my friends backed out. It's an awesome brunch spot and one of the few that would let us reserve a table for such a large group. Everyone enjoyed their food and the chilaquiles were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLakeviewDinerVIPDined on 3/14/2014Food average, noise unbearable. I would not go back again.
- Amazing EggsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/8/2014All around great experience. This is my new favorite brunch spot! I hesitate to write a review because I don't want other people finding out about it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Serverina73Dined on 3/6/2014Jenny and the guy with her were both TERRIFIC. She was totally helpful, quick and a delight to speak with. A server like that can make the whole experience more pleasurable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchClanceDined on 3/2/2014I would highly recommend for brunch. Great food in a spacious setting. Had brunch with 4 adults and 3 kids, and our table was quite spacious. The food was excellent, and the service was attentive. The only minor flaw was that all of our food did not come our at the same time, but the kids food came first which was good.Special Features:
- Try the special!FoodieVIPDined on 3/1/2014While everything sounded great on the regular menu, I would strongly encourage you to try the French toast special. It changes, but this week it was a decadent chocolate, strawberry, crème anglaise creation. It was so gorgeously presented that I hesitated digging in. Others at the table got the Café breakfast and the Moo, Cluck, sandwich. All of which were delicious and well executed. We would definitely return to try other items. Oh--we did have a peanut butter muffin for "dessert" that was a peanut butter lover's paradise. WOW! You must try one of their baked goods, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Sunday brunchPCarDined on 2/16/2014We enjoyed the deviled egg appetizer, quinoa with kale and sunny-side-up eggs, lemon-blueberry pancakes, steak and peppers sandwich, along with a side of maple-glazed bacon, melon-ginger fruit drink and Ethiopian drip coffee. All was delicious, with great service. The fresh baked bread was wonderful. The food was very high quality, well prepared and well presented. Nice artwork on the walls, and well-lit with big sunny windows in the front of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B.A.L.T.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014this was my 2nd time at Kingsbury st cafe. I ordered the BALT sandwich.. OMG! SOOOOO GOOD! my husband ordered the burger, he asked for it to be prepared "medium" it came out "well done" the burger also wasn't seasoned wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBarbDined on 2/9/2014The food was great, with a different, special touch. They did not rush us, even though it was busy. Lemon pancakes and hash are delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMacolemVIPDined on 1/26/2014The food is fresh and presented perfectly. I've been three times now and have has the seasonal pumpkin pancakes, chilequiles, and the weekend French toast special with pears, apricots and mascarpone. They have a delicious drink menu as well from mimosas and bloodys to adult coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, excellent serviceSaraDined on 1/11/2014Saturday was my second visit to kingsbury. I only have amazing things to say about both of my experiences. The first time I got the salmon hash, the second the dark chocolate stuffed French toast. Both were some if the best brunch food I have ever had. On top of that, the service was also incredible. I will recommend kingsbury and I will for sure be returning. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family friendly brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2014It was very nice yo have brunch here. We really loved the healthy dishes like quinoa salad and Vietnamese salad, and also the more decadent dishes like lemon pancakes and French toast stuffed with chocolate. It was so nice that they accommodated our big party, and also added more tables as needed. Overall a pleasant and accommodating experience, will keep coming back for sure.Special Features:
- We all loved our choices includingliv2eatVIPDined on 1/5/2014We all loved our choices including the chilaquiles. One of us has very special dietary needs and she really enjoyed her sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladies outingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2013After seeing the restaurant reviewed on Check Please, I wanted to go and convinced my tennis buddies to try it. I think we were all pleased, except the one gal whose order was very delayed. Portions are large, great for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a nice experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013I had the Pork Belly sandwich, the meat was perfectly cooked, although I was a bit disappointed by the portion and fat content. Bar drinks were delicious and desert is a must. Drinks took longer than expected to come out, and the servers/staff need to learn that is is considered rude to pick up plates until all parties have finished eating. We were approached twice before I finally just have up and had them take my plate on the third time. I have also dined in the outdoor over the summer and can say it was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.