10 Marriott Drive
Lincolnshire, IL 60069Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://marriottmodules.com/restaurant/hotels/hotel-information/travel/chiln
- Phone: 8476340100
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday-Saturday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm Sunday Champagne Brunch: 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Joe Plucinski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Enhance your dining experience on Friday nights.
- Special Events: Celebrate the Holiday's with your family at the King's Wharf restaurant brunch. Customly crafting delcious brunch menus for Easter, Mother's Day and Thanksgiving brunch.
A word from King's Wharf
Landlubbers who walk up the gangplank to the King's Wharf, set within the Lincolnshire Marriott Resort, might easily get the impression that ships are expected to dock there soon. Boats are dry-locked on the ceiling, masts made of weather timbers flank the dining area and the walls are rigged with rough ropes. Allow yourself to discover the best steak-and-seafood on Chicago's North Shore. Our Lake County, Illinois restaurant features mouth-watering steaks, fresh fish selections, an array of chops and delectable surf and turf. Overlooking Lake Lincolnshire, this seven-level, nautically themed gem is both intimate and lively.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
King's Wharf reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (17)good for groups (9)scenic view (8)romantic (6)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good for what it's good forSollyDined on 9/19/2014We chose it for its convenience -- it's steps from the resort's theatre, and we had show tickets -- and for its being slightly upscale, because we deserve it. Our expectations were modest, and it exceeded those. The menu was balanced (meat/fish), though the creative side was definitely stacked toward the seafood. The surprise: Prices were moderate for its class. The prime rib, which looked fine as it passed our table, was $26, low for a decent restaurant in this neighborhood. My wife's portion of seared ahi tuna was most generous, as was mine of mahi mahi; both were excellent and neither broke the bank. Would we drive here from Chicago just for dinner? Not a chance. Would we chose the Wharf for our next theater date? Absolutely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodbeenthereDined on 9/13/2014We came from Michigan to the Lincolnshire, to celebrate our anniversary by going to the theatre and having dinner in the Kings Wharf ...............See Item 4 Private noteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient For A Theater VisitMichaeljm4VIPDined on 9/13/2014If I'm not going to the Marriot Theater, I would not go here. Host didn't say a word, just frowned and seated us. Although the waiter was very attentive, he was not knowledgable of the food or wine, or at least couldn't communicate it. Both menu and wine list are extremely small and the food was not bad, but just acceptable. Ahi Tuna Tartare was very bland & tasteless, beet salad the high point of the entire meal. Mahi Mahi Oscar was bland and served deconstructed. Pan Fried Tilapia was OKbut not very flavorful. It is very convenient if you are going to the Marriot Theater before or after the show, but I cannot think of another reason to go there. Just don't expect to be wow'd. Just get through your meal and walk to the theater.
- Great place for dining and theatershiningspiritDined on 9/12/2014The food was delicious. The musical theater was great.Special Features:
- Excellent Pre Theatre DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/3/2014Excellent spot for a pre-theatre (Marriott Playhouse) dinner. The service was excellent and the food was as good as we have had in some of the better restaurants throughout the US and UK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experience.prlcpaDined on 8/23/2014Quality food, prompt and courteous service, a little pricey but on par with other high end steakhouses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient for Hotel GuestsPeteDined on 8/22/2014Decided to eat here as we were staying at the Marriott Lincolnshire. Good choice! Food and service just as good as nearby restaurants we visited on previous stays and we didn't have to leave the premises.
- Solid ExperienceJb0890Dined on 8/22/2014Good selections, well prepared, outstanding service. A bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful evening.IrishBiddyDined on 8/22/2014Experience started off wonderful. Server brought us our cocktails and explained the specials. Then she let us catch up, enjoy our drinks and look thru the menu. Once we made up our minds our selections came out in a timely manner and looked picture perfect. We stuck with fish and we wereally not disappointed. FANTASTIC! Barramundi on creamy cheese grits. Wonderful. Gelato flight for dessert was perfect ending. Never rushed.. made the theater on time. Will definitely return and soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bernietubabernietubaVIPDined on 8/20/2014We wanted to have a dinner pre-theater dinner before a performance at the Marriott Liinconshire theater, and decided to choose Kng's Wharf vs. one of the number of highly rated north shore restaurants nearby. We are very impressed with the quality of food and service. The variety of fresh fish options matched the best of the seafood restaurants we frequent in the Chicago-land area. The other entrees looked wonderful (steak, and poultry). I will consider returning as a diner without the incentive of a music theater performance. bernietubaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining!PkdeanaDined on 8/16/2014Great chef prepared seasonal fare with seasonal produce contributed from their on premises vegitables garden. This place is a prize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarieClaireDined on 7/11/2014Food was excellent. I had the filet and it was delicious - seared on the outside but medium rare inside. My husband had the surf 'n turf with filet and shrimp. He too thought the filet was outstanding, but the shrimp were overcooked. Our waiter, Habeeb, was very accommodating as we originally told him a friend would be joining us but she never showed up. He took it in stride. We had 6:30 reservations and were comfortably finished by 7:40 with plenty of time to walk to the theatre and catch the eight o'clock show. We've been there before and had similarly good experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014We have been long-time customers. As Marriott Theater subscribers for 10 years we always go here before the play. The food and service is usually good. However this time, our server, Abraham, was totally inattentive as was the kitchen. My wife is in a strict diet. We asked for steamed asparagus. It came buttered and when we returned it the correct order showed up at the end of our meal. No refills on water or coffee were offered and although we arrived for our 6:15 reservation on time for an 8 PM show (which the server was told about) we had to hunt him down for our check and barely made it on time for the show. When my wife complained to the host he took her name but offed no comment, much less an apology. Disappointing....
- great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/26/2014We celebrated our anniversary with dinner and show. Neither disappointed as both were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre-theaterConnieVIPDined on 6/4/2014This is the perfect place for dinner before the show. Fodd and service are excellent, and of course you are right there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 193 reviews are from the King's Wharf reviews archive.
- Not worth the investmentJakeDined on 5/22/2014When dining at a fine establishment you expect to get what you pay for. We ordered a bottle of wine and after I tasted it I commented that it was a little sweet for our liking. The waiter continued to poor despite my lack of recommendation. This is where the service picked up and the food quality went down. My finacee and I both ordered steaks medium rare and my grandmother had lobster. Steaks both arrived well done and were sent back. The lobster tails came out cold. Our poor waiter was running like crazy because he was over sat. I give him credit for his attempt to keep up. The new steaks arrived and hers was again well done and mine was a blue rare consistent with raw. For $50/person you expect a great dining experience Very disappointed
- Fun, but not tasty.DecorDined on 5/17/2014Took my niece for nice dinner after Cats. Loved everything except the food. Presentation was great, but shrimp scampi and scallops not agreeable with our pallates. Crab cakes however were delicious! Vast menu selection, however she wanted crab claws. I would still go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The service was great and the food was so good. We had a great time and will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedlnzlueDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I stayed in the hotel for the romantic package they offered to have a night away from the kids. We received a $50 dinner credit to this restaurant but we were less than impressed. The atmosphere was nice and we did have a lovely table with a view of the fountain outside. But the food was mediocre at best and overpriced. We have been here for brunch though a few times and it has always been fantastic.Special Features:
- Surprisingly GoodBobandJennyDined on 5/2/2014We ate here before seeing Cats next door at the Marriot Lincolnshire theater. We were pleasantly surprised, particularly with the food! We expected good service from a Marriot Resort, but were preparing for typical, average quality, hotel steakhouse food. we were very surprised, the food was as good as a top quality steak house. We both had fish, Australian Sea Bass and Mahi Mahi, but they were perfectly prepared and the seasoning was interesting. No dissapointment with bland food here. We will go back just for the food, not what I would usually say about a hotel restaurant.Special Features:
- Great salmonHockeyDined on 4/26/2014The salmon was delicious! It had a rich buttery taste, thick cut, and moist. Our server was pleasant and efficient.Special Features:
- Romantic getawayjaime33Dined on 4/26/2014My husband and I decided to go to a much needed dinner without thee little ones. The service was wonderful and the food was fantastic. Will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before the Marriott TheaterOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/11/2014It's nice room and very convenient before the Marriott Theater. Habeeb, our waiter, always makes it a dining pleasure. We did have a chicken dish that was disappointing. It was resolved quickly to our satisfaction. The other three dishes were superb - a whole trout, shrimp and pasta and a sea bass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before or after the play.JoeKenilworthVIPDined on 4/5/2014We have come to appreciate this restaurant at the Marriott Lincolnshire especially for its convenience before or after a play the Marriott Theater. The menu provides some very nice choices; you can even get an excellent small salad for $4. My wife and I shared the twin lobster tails while our guest had the filet mignon. Our meals were tasty and well prepared. Service from our waiter, Abraham, was friendly and attentive. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Very good food, but $$$MrBill923Dined on 3/29/2014Had dinner here on Saturday night before going to CATS. Crab cakes and beet apptz. were very good, Salmon Oscar was very good. Prime rib was Rare when ordered Med Rare. Baked potato was over cooked. Wine list has good variety. Dinner for two with a bottle of wine was $130 with tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for pre-theater diningDandDDined on 3/13/2014We chose King's Wharf because it is in the Marriot Resort close to the theater where Cabaret was playing. We were able, therefore, to park close to the theater entrance because we were there early, and comfortably walk to and from the restaurant and theater. What surprised us was the size of the restaurant - huge - and the quality of the food - better than expected. We will return when we attend another play.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beGOLF1022Dined on 3/1/2014The Kings Wharf has gotten tired. Service was VERY slow and marginal. I gave it 3 stars overall only because my prime rib was very good... The mashed potatoes however either were or just tasted like flakes. My wife's ravioli was poor.. tough pasta, poor flavor. We had been to see the show at the theater and thought it would be nice to be able to just walk to dinner. Next time we will go ahead and drive some where. Was here many times in the 80's, 90's and early 2000-2004 and enjoyed it . Sorry to see an old great fall.
- Pre-show diningShowtimeDined on 2/27/2014We decided to visit King's Wharf before seeing Cabaret. Dinner was good, service was very good and the restaurant was warm, quiet and comfortable. Will go there again before another show.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ditch the specialsdlspeesDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I ordered the Valentines Day special which included Caesar Salad, Prime Rib, and a slice of cheese cake for dessert. The Caesar Salad was made with iceberg lettuce rather than romaine as it should have been. There was no mention of this substitution, and the iceberg lettuce was primarily chopped up hearts, rather than the leafy outside. The Caesar dressing was skimpy and tasteless and the whole presentation was as unappetizing as it was unappealing. The main course consisted of Prime Rib and garlic mashed potatoes. The meal was served with the prime rib on it's own plate with no side or garnish. It tasted great but the presentation was lacking. The potatoes were crusty and banquet fair.
- Good for dinner before the theatrebatradar95Dined on 2/13/2014My husband and I always enjoy dinner at King's Wharf before going to the theatre. I had the roasted beet salad and Mahi Mahi Oscar style which I thought both were excellent. My husband had the vegetable soup which he did not like, could not identify the odd taste in it. He also got the pear salad which was just okay, so we had a mixed bag for the evening but overall enjoyed ourselves. Portions for mine were plenty enough to share. Our waiter was entertaining and quick to make sure we had plenty of time to eat and get to the show. Very nice beer list, husband had a Daisy Cutter and I had a glass of cab which was a tad on the warm side but tasted delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marriot King's WharfmhballardDined on 2/8/2014Service was friendly and competent, food was excellent, however the restaurant was not very busy, but the below zero weather had a great deal to do with that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're regulars before the theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/31/2014Always a nice experience before the Marriott Theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be betterBillVIPDined on 1/30/2014Food was OK not terrific Waiter was polite but very slow we deserved more attention
- See the show but skip the dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/24/2014While the taste of the food was very good, it cost way too much. My wife and I went there before the theater performance of Caberet. We both ordered the surf and turf of the 5 ounce filet and shrimp scampi for $32 each. All there was on the plate was a small filet mignon that they probably weighed before cooking and 3 SMALLISH SHRIMP and a small clump of cooked spinach. The appetizer of a bowl of Tomato Crab Bisque was good and appropriately priced but there was only one crab claw and the rest was soup. For a restaurant specializing in sea food, they did not even have New England Clam Chowder on the menu. we took my mom there about 10 years ago and the food was so much better. And the crowds were bigger then.Special Features:
- DisappointedshowgoersDined on 1/18/2014I were looking forward to having dinner at the Wharf prior to the show. It is especially convenient since it is on the premises and the weather outside was bad. The food was good but I was very disappointed in the service. They must have been under staffed for the evening. Our waiter asked us if we were going to the show and we answered yes. We were given bread upon being seated but did not have bread plates. Only after ten minutes and our requesting, did we get plates. It took a long time to get our drinks. Only after I noticed that the restaurant was clearing out did we realize it was 10 minutes until show time. We had to track down our waiter for the bill. The waiter indicated he was very busy and kept apologizing.Special Features:
- Food is overpriced for qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/14/2013Food is overpriced for quality and variety. Feels like a very dated experience
- Thanksgiving brunchlfvjDined on 11/28/2013Excellent selection for the thanksgiving brunch, pricy but worth given selection and quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient pre-theater diningTeacherProfVIPDined on 11/8/2013We recently had dinner at King's Wharf prior to a show at the Lincolnshire Marriott Theater. Mention to your server that you're headed to the show and there is a discount off your check. Our server was friendly and attentive, and the food was very good. The menu is fairly limited in that it's mostly steaks and seafood, but there were a variety of choices within those two categories. Our filets were tender and cooked just as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this restaurant beforeKiddieunctionVIPDined on 10/12/2013We love this restaurant before or after our theater experience.. We've always had a good time and the food and service has always been very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Hidden PlaceHungryDined on 10/4/2013Always forget this place is there and it is really good . Service was terrific and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.