1031 Germantown Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19123Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kingsoaklane.com/
- Phone: 2159232014
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday 3pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Angel Diaz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Friday and Saturday highlights DJ's from 10:00pm - 2:00am.
A word from Kings Oak
King's Oak is an casual American Grill located in the heart of the Piazza in Northern Liberties. Featuring a diverse and delicious menu ranging from salads, small plate appetizers, sliders, entrees and desserts. Plus 9 domestic & craft beers on tap, 30 bottle beer list and a wide selection of liquors, it is the perfect place to enjoy dinner with friends or catch a games on our 12 HD TVs. Free parking lot across the street on Germantown Ave. We welcome large groups with our private party ares for up to 30 people. Voted best outdoor dining in Philly by OpenTable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Kings Oak - Best Restaurants in Northern Liberties ›
Kings Oak reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (21)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (17)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (12)fit for foodies (7)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)special occasion (5)hot spot (4)romantic (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- New Location, Great FoodGadietrichDined on 8/15/2014We had a great first experience at King's Oak. Everything we had was great! The sliders (burger, short rib, turkey burger, and pulled pork), sweet potatoe fries, & Mac & Cheese were great. In fact, the Mac & Cheese was some of the best I've had in the city. We are already trying to think of friends to bring back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood dealWouldtryitagainDined on 8/12/2014We went on a Tuesday for their all you can eat seafood deal. Had a 5 o'clock reservation but were seated early. Prompt service and hot food. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Pretty good food. Great locationHollyDined on 6/6/2014There are a bunch of restaurants in Northern Liberties but I like the atmosphere of this the best. The food was pretty good but average. It's a great spot for brunch on a summer weekend or a casual dinner. The drinks are really good but expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014They were great with my reservation. He food was great and they outdoor scene is awesomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday brunchdwyc1223Dined on 5/25/2014I like that you could eat outside. They also gave pitchers of mimosa's great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday BrunchLilbit5Dined on 5/24/2014I took my sister and parents here to celebrate my sisters birthday! My Dad and sister had the breakfast skillet and LOVED IT, Mom had the Caprese Benny and LOVED IT she said it was the best eggs Benedict she has ever had, and I had the fruity French toast it was tasty but a little under done. For drinks we had the Bellini, Bloody Mary, and mimosa they were all excellent. I really wish the music was much lower especially for Brunch. I get that the music is part of their vibe but Brunch is a time to catch up and talk we had to talk very loud. The waitress was excellent I think her name was Alex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belated Mither's Day CelebrationChrissyDined on 5/18/2014The Kings Oak did not disappoint regarding it's unique menu. We took my mom out for a belated Mother's Day brunch and I had heard a lot of great reviews on Facebook about the Kings Oak. We live in South Philly so the location was ideal. The service was great. Our waiter was friendly and knew the menu well offering up his favorite items to help us decide. The meal itself was amazing. My family and I all ordered different meals from the chicken & Biscuits to the fruit loop coated French toast (which was my favorite!). We will definitely return soon. Especially to try their delicious sounding cocktails! Thank you for a great dining experience and for helping us to make a memory with my mom!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchGreatDined on 5/11/2014Had a wonderful seating outdoors, wait staff was friendly and service was moderate. the food was delicious, serever recommended cheeseteak dumplings and filet mignon sandwich messy but great choice. It was my guests first time at the piazza because of my love for the it, so thank you for not disappointing. They enjoyed the brunch and the Kings Oak.Special Features:
- Impressed!iLovemusic69Dined on 5/11/2014My family and I came here for our Mother's Day brunch and I was really impressed. The inside of the restaurant is cool and pretty open, and then there's ample outdoor seating as well. The menu was surprisingly inexpensive (especially for the piazza). Biscuits and Gravy for 5 bucks, wiggidy whaaaat?! I had the breakfast burrito, pretty basic but good. My husband had the steak and eggs, my brother the poached salmon benny, and my mom the "to philly with love" roll, which was disgustingly delicious (fried egg topped with cheesesteak between two pretzel rolls)! Pitcher of bellinis topped off our brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 95 reviews are from the Kings Oak reviews archive.
- "Short Pour Special"VoorheesiansDined on 5/1/2014Food here was reasonably good - with a variety of small plate options in addition to more a traditional entree items. The outdoor seating provided good "people-watching" opportunities in this Northern Liberties neighborhood. On the downside, however - (1) Service was horribly slow and largely inattentive. Long periods of time went past without our server in sight. Water was not refreshed, and missed opportunities for additional drink rounds were abundant. (2) speaking if the drinks, though - the bar must be on austerity measures. There was very little alcoholic "punch" (if any) in any of the cocktails. We felt very much "taken" by expensive prices for exceedingly weak drinks. Needless to say, we won't be back.Special Features:
- Misleading Special and Bad ServiceKingsOakIsTerribleDined on 4/15/2014We were extremely disappointed by both the slow service, small portions (restricting the number of plates you could get for the AYCE special), and the misleading happy hour advertising. When we arrived we were told that all Vodka drinks were $5. However, when the bill arrived we were given a $3 surcharge for ordering a martini. We were told (quite rudely) that no one in Philadelphia sells $5 martinis and they would obviously be excluded from the special. Furthermore, many of the beers listed (which are also quite overpriced) were marked lower than they appear on the bill. Even though we were extremely disappointed by the service we could not do anything about it bc the restaurant automatically adds 20% gratuity to ALL parties of 2 or more.
- Not what it looks like onRandeeDined on 4/11/2014Not what it looks like on the Web. It is not what we expected.Special Features:
- Fit for a King !JoeCoolDined on 4/7/2014Was warmly welcomed at the door by the ,hostess with the mostest, the vibrant Michelle ! Then enjoyed a great dinner with great service. It was the night of the NCAA final and while the place became busy we were Encouraged to stay as long as we wanted to hang out at our table with excellent service from our server. Looking forward to return trips! Tuna tartare was awesome! JCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Manhattan of my life!DragonDrRDined on 4/4/2014My friends and I had a very nice experience at King's Oak. The bar scene is second to none. As a whiskey and bourbon enthusiast, I appreciate their extensive selection and the server's knowledge of what was available. The highlight of the night was the cocktails - I had the best plain old Manhattan of my life. The food was nothing noteworthy, at least the Veggie Burger, but fairly priced. Small portions. I recommend for small bites and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2014After the build up the food was not good but the chardonnay was good
- Menu with potential at a pubOutWtihFamilyDined on 3/23/2014Overall the restaurant/pub was clean and modern. It had various televisions to watch sporting events and the menu isn't too pricey. The menu has many interesting items offered. What is needed is s refinement on the execution of the menu. Some things came off very well: the quesadilla and the roasted 1/2 a chicken. The one special Asian Code slider was also good. The Caesar salads were bland. The other sandwich items had potential but were overwhelmed by the choice of bun vs. the portion. As we were not there for beer we cannot say if the offerings were good or not. The service seemed to be sporadic in checking in on our meal and so forth. I had to get the hostess to find our waitperson to get our bill.Special Features:
- big let downkbeverlyDined on 3/23/2014My best friend and I dined at this restaurant last weekend and we loved it. I decided to bring my boyfriend back to try the food. Sad to say but the second time around was a total let down. He ordered the steak and eggs medium well with cheese on the eggs. The steak came out well done and there was no cheese on the eggs. The second time it came out correct with a rub on the steak which wasn't on the first one which led us to believe maybe some corners were cut the first time around. I ordered the Benny Franklin which came out cold. I also ordered two belinis the first was delicious the second one was made using champagne that was flat. Of course I sent it back. Grace was our server and she was great very attentive to our needs.Special Features:
- Had a great brunch. GreatReaHoffDined on 3/22/2014Had a great brunch. Great deal for pitchers of bellinis & nice choices for brunch-type cocktails. Food came out really fast & service was excellent.Special Features:
- My 21st Birthday!!!!TDB2013Dined on 3/16/2014I had an amazing time with friends this past Sunday at brunch. Jake is the best waiter ever and we will definitely be returning during the summer months!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fat TuesdaySimpsonDined on 3/4/2014My husband and I went to Kings Oak for Fat Tuesday, the restaurant had all you can eat seafood for $25 per person. it was pretty awesome and our server, Gabrielle was amazing!!! She was very tentative and had a cool vibe to her. She helped to make our experience great along with the ambience and music. The place seems like late-night fun, we will definitely retun for late-night drink and brunch one day! =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsPoohDined on 3/2/2014Nice comfortable place. We were there for brunch. Couldn't have chose a better place. Everyone was definitely happy with their food. The home fried potatoes were amazing. Would recommend to friends and will be coming back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDrewDined on 2/16/2014I can't complain about about one thing. Everything was on point. Friendly staff, food was perfect and drinks were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceChrisDined on 2/14/2014The food is good, service is good, and its not too pricey. Great for lunch and brunch, but can get kind of loud and crazy around dinner time, especially on the weekends. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceMskay27Dined on 1/5/2014My husband and I had a great experience at Kings Oak. The food was good, but it was our server Deon who really made the experience memorable. We got out to eat quite a bit and we both agree that this was the best service we've ever had at a restaurant. I would definitely recommend Kings Oak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedPhillyFoodieWBDined on 12/30/2013The service was GREAT (ashley:server), the food:I had high hopes for.MacNcheese w/ short rib- Blah! Not cheesy and needed S&P, cheesteak dumplings-ok, siracha ketchup could taste the spicy and they weren't crunchy, Thai chili wings: odd taste didn't eat more than one.not good to me, salmon blt- very good..idea, the bread was a bit too hard/crusty, only half if a salmon had the skin taken off, hardly any Russian dressing on the bread, and again NEEDED SALT AND PEPPER, the side salad was perfectly made, croutons were a perfect size and taste great, just enough dressing. Drink menu sounded great but didn't try anything. With this being within seconds of PYT and Bar Ferninand I was quiet disappointed because those places have AMAZING food.Special Features:
- Great brunch spot! Eggs benedictOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2013Great brunch spot! Eggs benedict was superb, and the drink specials were great ($4 bloody marys and mimosas). We were served quickly and all enjoyed our meals. Would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!CdrGVIPDined on 11/2/2013Decided to explore dining options in the NoLib / Piazza area and decided on Kings Oak. Great choice. Great food, atmosphere and most importantly friendly attentive, but not overbearing, service which is so often lacking in Philly. Some recent menu changes that were not reflected on the posted menu but to change things around than anything lacking. Will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Date NightCathyDined on 11/2/2013My husband and I needed a night out, and King's Oak was perfect. They had the games on, but the ambiance was very romantic. Our server was personable and very attentive. The food was great for the price. We will definitely be returning for another date night!Special Features:
- Food was good and serviceJCPhillyDined on 10/20/2013Food was good and service was OK ! Parking is little rough !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kings o_kdinaglio45VIPDined on 10/12/2013Kings Oak was decent, not great. No major complaints. It's a sports bar with pretty good food. That's what you should expect and you won't be disappointed. The service was friendly and prompt. The food and drinks were priced reasonably.Special Features:
- Server was energetic and helpful.Mathman50Dined on 10/11/2013Server was energetic and helpful. Unusual food choices for the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an OK place for brunchviktoriagVIPDined on 9/29/2013The service can use some tweaking, but the food was good. They seated five of us at a four person booth and left us to get our own chair, and brought out orders with things on the food or missing when we asked for it on the side. Mixed up the side dishes - we had so many plates on our table that there was no place to put them. The food runner could have been more helpful, but he shrugged and walked away. We didn't know if anyone cared that our food was all wrong. All in all, worthy of the three star rating for the food, ambience, and the waitress's friendliness.Special Features:
- Why Isn't Anyone Here?NoLibsWillDined on 9/27/2013My roommate and I were looking to try somewhere new and had heard good things about King's Oak. We had a fantastic time. It was very chill. The service was excellent. Decent beer list for a place that isn't really trying to impress anyone with their beer selection. But the place was empty! It was about 7:30 on a Friday night and we could have showed up with 12 people and sat right down. I had the macaroni with short rib and my roommate had some of the mix and match sliders. Apparently her crab cake was "meh" but everything else was delicious. I'm talking scrape your plate clean delicious. We will absolutely go back. Soon. With friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing brunch!!HeatherDined on 9/21/2013Such a great brunch spot with fabulous food, drinks and staff!Special Features:
- Good food and waitressDebspicsDined on 9/8/2013Kings Oak is located in he club district. It has a nice outdoor patio at the front but it was very windy so we ate inside. The first thing we noticed was the music was set too loud. Although we thought the menu looked interesting because of the sliders, none of us actually had one. I had the tuna ahi, which the waitress told me would be best to eat rare. It was very tender but not much taste. The variety of sides were good and all tasty. My husband devoured his hamburger which he said was very good beef. My daughter ate all her salmon and sides. The mixed drinks and wine were good, though a little slow in coming. Overall, it was a good experience. The waitress was especially good and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch options withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2013Great brunch options with delicious sweet and savory options, the pitchers of mimosas, bloody Mary's and bellinis were fabulous and are a great deal. Lots of outdoor seating looking into the Piazza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nightrileyDined on 8/20/2013Great food, wonderful service, but the concrete is on an slant,i felt like i was falling over.esp after a drink or twoI would recommend this to a friend.
- all you can eat crabsSabolizerDined on 8/13/2013Went for crabs, solid. They give you salad, corn, French fries with old bay...obviously hoping you will fill up on that before crabs haha. The apps were awesome and the crabs were good, I had the snow crab legs, they were also quick and hot on the re-orders as well, which was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for any occasion!KSMLDined on 7/19/2013While trying to figure out where to take a small group of family in Northern Liberties out to eat for a later dinner Kings Oak was the first to come to mind and everything was fantastic! From the food to service to drinks, everything exceeded our expectations and I'm sure our family will be back to visit soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service, good valueLolaVIPDined on 6/28/2013Happy Hour! Terrific service and food. Great deal. Not atall cramped. RecommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.