1031 Germantown Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19123Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kingsoaklane.com/
- Phone: (215) 923-2014
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday 3pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Angel Diaz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Friday and Saturday highlights DJ's from 10:00pm - 2:00am.
A word from Kings Oak
King's Oak is an casual American Grill located behind the Piazza in Northern Liberties. Featuring a diverse and delicious menu ranging from salads, small plate appetizers, sliders, entrees and desserts. Plus 14 domestic & craft beers on tap, 30 bottle beer list and a wide selection of liquors, it is the perfect place to enjoy dinner with friends or catch a games on our 15 HD TVs. Free parking lot on Germantown Ave. We welcome large groups with our private party ares for up to 30 people. Voted best outdoor dining in Philly by OpenTable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Kings Oak - Best Restaurants in Northern Liberties ›
Kings Oak reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (25)great for outdoor dining (24)good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (14)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)special occasion (7)romantic (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- JJDVDined on 11/22/2014Escellent. Good Food and Very Good service. It is a place that is a hidden gem.Special Features:
- Great service, food, and beerAllanDined on 11/22/2014The service was very prompt and attentive, and the beer selection was great. The restaurant is very open and clean, and everything inside looked brand new. The food portions were a little small, but I had a great time and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I found my new favorite place!!RhonnieDined on 11/18/2014I'm in love with Kings Oak! It was my first time going. My mother and I went on a Tuesday. They have all you can eat seafood for $25. Everything was yummy! ! The staff was so nice and made sure we were taken care of. Our server name was Dakwan. I think! Don't quote me. But I remember him calling us his favorite girls. Now he might say that to all customers. However, he made us feel special. Lol. I will definitely be going back. My mom and I are thinking about having a dinner party there. The decor is beautiful. Their prices are very reasonable. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AYCE Seafood Night...AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2014This was my second visit to King's Oak....I must say they are pretty good. The All You Can Eat Seafood Night was good. The mussels in white sauce were my faves...the only thing on the menu I did not like was the fish and chips (not very seasoned). But overall I was very satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyMsSanders1970Dined on 11/18/2014Good, good , & good! Very satisfied w/ everything. I came for the All U Can Eat crabs, I had my twin daughters. Of course they didn't eat a lot, so management knocked money off the bill. Deion was our server, he was excellent, attentive within reason. My party & I really enjoyed our selves. We will be back. P.s I hope I didn't just come on a "good" night. I hope the management & customer service is the same across the board any given night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KuddospearlDined on 11/9/2014Great hidden spot in Northern Liberties. Great atmospher, great food, great prices and hidden gem. Glad my husband and I finally got there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodJay2fr3shDined on 11/2/2014Went there for brunch. Food was amazing. Not what i thought it would be based on the website. A little small but more of a bar scene. Went on a sunday during eagles game so it was packed. Had a reservation but still had to wait. Service was great people were nice. I still would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lia08Dined on 10/19/2014I booked reservations the day before for brunch. This was a last minute surprise party for a friend and I had 8-10 people. Kings oak accommodatted us very well! One of the only places in the city that has brunch reservations available. the staff was wonderful and food was amazing. I had the steak (filet minon) and eggs and the steak was so tender I used a butter knife to cut, flavorful and melts in your mouth. $20 pitchers of belinis and mimosas were great! Over all I will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sports barPhlmeowDined on 9/28/2014After seeing so many delious looking pictures on Facebook we decided to try it ... Mistake !!... It's a sports bar with service and food to match ... Food was ok at best and service was typical sports bar slow ... Def wouldn't recommend it for a dining out but would return for a beer and wings .
- come backnicknnickDined on 9/27/2014Amazing drinks, food, and atmosphere. Went with a friend for brunch we haven't seen each other for a while so we took the time to talk laugh, drink and eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a let downLifeOnSoBeDined on 9/23/2014Went on Tuesday night, which is all you can eat seafood night. Went with three friends who were equally disappointed. $395 for dinner and drinks with tio automatically included. $25 per person for dinner. 4 rounds of drinks, a few beers and a couple of tuna tare tare. Popcorn shrimp, muscles, fish tacos, clams.... terrible..... Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BusinessRevisitorDined on 9/10/2014Was there for a business meeting and did not eat , ut looks promising and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- King's Oak BrunchJules5688Dined on 8/24/2014I've been to King's Oak twice for brunch and it certainly did not disappoint either time! Super friendly staff and an awesome brunch menu -- not to mention $20 pitchers of mimosas! A friend and I got a pitcher last week and it says it's 8 glasses, but I think it probably ended up being a little more than 4 per person...no complaints here! Both times I went we were able to sit outside, so it wasn't at all loud and was a really nice atmosphere. Totally recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DMCMPDined on 8/19/2014All you can eat seafood was wonderful. Service was great and we did not feel rushed.
- New Location, Great FoodGadietrichDined on 8/15/2014We had a great first experience at King's Oak. Everything we had was great! The sliders (burger, short rib, turkey burger, and pulled pork), sweet potatoe fries, & Mac & Cheese were great. In fact, the Mac & Cheese was some of the best I've had in the city. We are already trying to think of friends to bring back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood dealWouldtryitagainDined on 8/12/2014We went on a Tuesday for their all you can eat seafood deal. Had a 5 o'clock reservation but were seated early. Prompt service and hot food. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- The following 102 reviews are from the Kings Oak reviews archive.
- Pretty good food. Great locationHollyDined on 6/6/2014There are a bunch of restaurants in Northern Liberties but I like the atmosphere of this the best. The food was pretty good but average. It's a great spot for brunch on a summer weekend or a casual dinner. The drinks are really good but expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014They were great with my reservation. He food was great and they outdoor scene is awesomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday brunchdwyc1223Dined on 5/25/2014I like that you could eat outside. They also gave pitchers of mimosa's great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday BrunchLilbit5Dined on 5/24/2014I took my sister and parents here to celebrate my sisters birthday! My Dad and sister had the breakfast skillet and LOVED IT, Mom had the Caprese Benny and LOVED IT she said it was the best eggs Benedict she has ever had, and I had the fruity French toast it was tasty but a little under done. For drinks we had the Bellini, Bloody Mary, and mimosa they were all excellent. I really wish the music was much lower especially for Brunch. I get that the music is part of their vibe but Brunch is a time to catch up and talk we had to talk very loud. The waitress was excellent I think her name was Alex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belated Mither's Day CelebrationChrissyDined on 5/18/2014The Kings Oak did not disappoint regarding it's unique menu. We took my mom out for a belated Mother's Day brunch and I had heard a lot of great reviews on Facebook about the Kings Oak. We live in South Philly so the location was ideal. The service was great. Our waiter was friendly and knew the menu well offering up his favorite items to help us decide. The meal itself was amazing. My family and I all ordered different meals from the chicken & Biscuits to the fruit loop coated French toast (which was my favorite!). We will definitely return soon. Especially to try their delicious sounding cocktails! Thank you for a great dining experience and for helping us to make a memory with my mom!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchGreatDined on 5/11/2014Had a wonderful seating outdoors, wait staff was friendly and service was moderate. the food was delicious, serever recommended cheeseteak dumplings and filet mignon sandwich messy but great choice. It was my guests first time at the piazza because of my love for the it, so thank you for not disappointing. They enjoyed the brunch and the Kings Oak.Special Features:
- Impressed!iLovemusic69Dined on 5/11/2014My family and I came here for our Mother's Day brunch and I was really impressed. The inside of the restaurant is cool and pretty open, and then there's ample outdoor seating as well. The menu was surprisingly inexpensive (especially for the piazza). Biscuits and Gravy for 5 bucks, wiggidy whaaaat?! I had the breakfast burrito, pretty basic but good. My husband had the steak and eggs, my brother the poached salmon benny, and my mom the "to philly with love" roll, which was disgustingly delicious (fried egg topped with cheesesteak between two pretzel rolls)! Pitcher of bellinis topped off our brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Short Pour Special"VoorheesiansDined on 5/1/2014Food here was reasonably good - with a variety of small plate options in addition to more a traditional entree items. The outdoor seating provided good "people-watching" opportunities in this Northern Liberties neighborhood. On the downside, however - (1) Service was horribly slow and largely inattentive. Long periods of time went past without our server in sight. Water was not refreshed, and missed opportunities for additional drink rounds were abundant. (2) speaking if the drinks, though - the bar must be on austerity measures. There was very little alcoholic "punch" (if any) in any of the cocktails. We felt very much "taken" by expensive prices for exceedingly weak drinks. Needless to say, we won't be back.Special Features:
- Misleading Special and Bad ServiceKingsOakIsTerribleVIPDined on 4/15/2014We were extremely disappointed by both the slow service, small portions (restricting the number of plates you could get for the AYCE special), and the misleading happy hour advertising. When we arrived we were told that all Vodka drinks were $5. However, when the bill arrived we were given a $3 surcharge for ordering a martini. We were told (quite rudely) that no one in Philadelphia sells $5 martinis and they would obviously be excluded from the special. Furthermore, many of the beers listed (which are also quite overpriced) were marked lower than they appear on the bill. Even though we were extremely disappointed by the service we could not do anything about it bc the restaurant automatically adds 20% gratuity to ALL parties of 2 or more.
- Not what it looks like onRandeeDined on 4/11/2014Not what it looks like on the Web. It is not what we expected.Special Features:
- Fit for a King !JoeCoolDined on 4/7/2014Was warmly welcomed at the door by the ,hostess with the mostest, the vibrant Michelle ! Then enjoyed a great dinner with great service. It was the night of the NCAA final and while the place became busy we were Encouraged to stay as long as we wanted to hang out at our table with excellent service from our server. Looking forward to return trips! Tuna tartare was awesome! JCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Manhattan of my life!DragonDrRDined on 4/4/2014My friends and I had a very nice experience at King's Oak. The bar scene is second to none. As a whiskey and bourbon enthusiast, I appreciate their extensive selection and the server's knowledge of what was available. The highlight of the night was the cocktails - I had the best plain old Manhattan of my life. The food was nothing noteworthy, at least the Veggie Burger, but fairly priced. Small portions. I recommend for small bites and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2014After the build up the food was not good but the chardonnay was good
- Menu with potential at a pubOutWtihFamilyDined on 3/23/2014Overall the restaurant/pub was clean and modern. It had various televisions to watch sporting events and the menu isn't too pricey. The menu has many interesting items offered. What is needed is s refinement on the execution of the menu. Some things came off very well: the quesadilla and the roasted 1/2 a chicken. The one special Asian Code slider was also good. The Caesar salads were bland. The other sandwich items had potential but were overwhelmed by the choice of bun vs. the portion. As we were not there for beer we cannot say if the offerings were good or not. The service seemed to be sporadic in checking in on our meal and so forth. I had to get the hostess to find our waitperson to get our bill.Special Features:
- big let downkbeverlyDined on 3/23/2014My best friend and I dined at this restaurant last weekend and we loved it. I decided to bring my boyfriend back to try the food. Sad to say but the second time around was a total let down. He ordered the steak and eggs medium well with cheese on the eggs. The steak came out well done and there was no cheese on the eggs. The second time it came out correct with a rub on the steak which wasn't on the first one which led us to believe maybe some corners were cut the first time around. I ordered the Benny Franklin which came out cold. I also ordered two belinis the first was delicious the second one was made using champagne that was flat. Of course I sent it back. Grace was our server and she was great very attentive to our needs.Special Features:
- Had a great brunch. GreatReaHoffDined on 3/22/2014Had a great brunch. Great deal for pitchers of bellinis & nice choices for brunch-type cocktails. Food came out really fast & service was excellent.Special Features:
- My 21st Birthday!!!!TDB2013Dined on 3/16/2014I had an amazing time with friends this past Sunday at brunch. Jake is the best waiter ever and we will definitely be returning during the summer months!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fat TuesdaySimpsonDined on 3/4/2014My husband and I went to Kings Oak for Fat Tuesday, the restaurant had all you can eat seafood for $25 per person. it was pretty awesome and our server, Gabrielle was amazing!!! She was very tentative and had a cool vibe to her. She helped to make our experience great along with the ambience and music. The place seems like late-night fun, we will definitely retun for late-night drink and brunch one day! =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsPoohDined on 3/2/2014Nice comfortable place. We were there for brunch. Couldn't have chose a better place. Everyone was definitely happy with their food. The home fried potatoes were amazing. Would recommend to friends and will be coming back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDrewDined on 2/16/2014I can't complain about about one thing. Everything was on point. Friendly staff, food was perfect and drinks were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceChrisDined on 2/14/2014The food is good, service is good, and its not too pricey. Great for lunch and brunch, but can get kind of loud and crazy around dinner time, especially on the weekends. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceMskay27Dined on 1/5/2014My husband and I had a great experience at Kings Oak. The food was good, but it was our server Deon who really made the experience memorable. We got out to eat quite a bit and we both agree that this was the best service we've ever had at a restaurant. I would definitely recommend Kings Oak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedPhillyFoodieWBVIPDined on 12/30/2013The service was GREAT (ashley:server), the food:I had high hopes for.MacNcheese w/ short rib- Blah! Not cheesy and needed S&P, cheesteak dumplings-ok, siracha ketchup could taste the spicy and they weren't crunchy, Thai chili wings: odd taste didn't eat more than one.not good to me, salmon blt- very good..idea, the bread was a bit too hard/crusty, only half if a salmon had the skin taken off, hardly any Russian dressing on the bread, and again NEEDED SALT AND PEPPER, the side salad was perfectly made, croutons were a perfect size and taste great, just enough dressing. Drink menu sounded great but didn't try anything. With this being within seconds of PYT and Bar Ferninand I was quiet disappointed because those places have AMAZING food.Special Features:
- Great brunch spot! Eggs benedictOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2013Great brunch spot! Eggs benedict was superb, and the drink specials were great ($4 bloody marys and mimosas). We were served quickly and all enjoyed our meals. Would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.