1 Nippersink Blvd
Fox Lake, IL 60020Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kingslandingfoxlake.com/
- Phone: 8479733400
- Hours of Operation:
Mon thru Sat: 4pm - 10pm
Sunday: Open for Private Events
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Enjoy live music on Saturday nights in our intimate setting.
- Special Events: Let us host your next special event! Custom Packages available to suit your budget and taste...booking wedding rehearsals, baby showers, birthdays, anniversaries, etc... Call 847-973-3400 for further inquiries.
A word from King's Landing
King's Landing is a friendly family dining and gathering place, serving Casual American food with Italian Soul. Whether its a quick lunch, celebratory dinner or place to watch your favorite sports team in action, King's Landing is "Where Great Food and Good Friends Meet." Our staff and management are committed to ensuring our guests service that consistently exceeds their expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
King's Landing reviews from OpenTable diners
- I been here a couple of timesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/19/2013I been here a couple of times but the kitchen had some problems on this visit. We were told after the order that today's pesto sauce was incorrectly made so we would have to accept it as is or try another sauce. When the meal arrived, a steak that was ordered medium rare was well done. The server took the steak back immediately but obviously the rest of the group was half finished with their meals before it returned. When the bill arrived, there were no adjustments so I had to ask why. An appetizer was taken off the bill and we were told the next time we would be given a free glass of wine. It will be awhile before I return.
- Mixed feelingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013While experience was not horrific for our family's occasional dining, I would expect some things would be handled better. Live music was enjoyable and ambient but sometimes noisy. Service was so-so: our waiter was not attentive and we had to remind her on several occasions. Food was good 1 out of 3: out of 3 different dishes we ordered one was really good but 2 were not. Steak ordered well-done came prepared medium inside but burned from outside. Food availability was somewhat limited - they were out of some dressings for salads, and selection of potatoes was restricted. We spent 150 with tips and taxes for dinner of 5 without dessert but with wine - not exclusive but with some expectations of service and food quality.
- We have been here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013We have been here many times the food is very good. They had a great band. Our reservation was at 7:30pm we arrived early and the hostess was very pleasant and was able to seat us early. So they were not over crowded yet our service was one of the worst waitress's we have ever encountered. Once we finally placed our orders and we finally received our food she never once came back to our table to ask how our food was or if we needed anything. Thank goodness there was a guy filling our drinks and asked if we needed anything once he saw us trying to get her attention. Once she dropped our check at the table she stated thank you for our patience??? Like we had a choice?? This will not stop us from going back as we like this place.Special Features:
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2013Look newly remodeled, homey atmosphere with lots of dark wood. Good variety of dishes from burgers to steaks. My guest and I did the Manacotti, which was the special for the day at lunch. Good proportion for a middle aged man. Not too spicy.Special Features:
- Don't goOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013We went on valentine's day. Took 50 minutes for a burger and an appetizer when we told them we only had an hour. Food was overdone and without flavor. I've heard great things but this was definately not their night. Live music was too loud to talk to each other. They were not even packed. I would not recommend for anything beyond bottled drinks.
- I will start by saying thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013I will start by saying that I think i will have to give this restaurant one more try. We went on valentines day and I think things were a little more hectic than they would normally be. We were seated literally one foot away from the speakers set up for the band that performed throughout dinner which certainly took away from the intimiate dinner we had been hoping for. From there, our server was very flustered and forgetful. she had to be asked 3 different times over the course of about 15 minute just to refill a soda. When our food came, long after the food at the next table that was seated well after us, it seemed that it may have been sitting quite a while before being deliverd. The sauce on the Marsala seemed to have congealed.
- Overall it's a good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013Overall it's a good place . I could not substitute a soup for a salad which I thought was odd . The waitress was good but did not know the menu very well, she said it was a new menu. The food was good, not great but good enough to go back for. It would be nice to add more entrees and maybe less sandwichs on the dinner menuSpecial Features:
- Great spot, nice food choicesCoachDined on 12/28/2012Great spot, nice food choices for the area, and a very good drink menu, cocktails, wine, and a beer list is in the works. Our server Deedee was great, very attentive, and some very nice holiday music by a local group was an added bonus. Great local find!Special Features:
- Our waitress couldn't haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012Our waitress couldn't have been nicer. Proud to have at least one showcase restaurant, in Fox Lake, to bring our visiting guests.Special Features:
- Like Wicker Park in Fox LakeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012I had the grouper fish and my spouse had the grilled stacked chicken, both were good. The fish was served hot and moist with a light lemon sauce. The service was prompt, attentive and respectful. The wine choices were sufficient. The jazz combo played with a muted horn, and without annoying announcements, permitting my spouse and I to have a conversation in normal speaking voices, while appreciating the music. The decor was warm and comfortable, like a restaurant on Damon, Clark or Lincoln Avenue in town, but without the congestion. Parking was easy. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- The portioms were generousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2012The portioms were generous and the menu was varied. The service was attentive but not overbearing. Thelive music was a welcomed addition, although at times, a bit loud for the size of the room. It was our first visit but I can see us returning again.Special Features:
- All the people that said thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2012All the people that said this place was fit for a foodie were lying. One person in our group order the "special" the lamb was incredibly dry and tough the mashed potatoes were cold. I had the shrimp risotto. Which came higy recommended on here and by our waitress. I can make a pretty good risotto but I love trying it at restraunts. This risotto had more cheese in than I would put in Mac and cheese (some people maybe that but it was so overpowering it wasn't good). Also there was almost no rice in the dish, at first I thought they forgot it but then the meal had a very very grainy texture too it. I think the rice was just severely over cooked to the point where the rice was falling apart and loosing its integrity. Nice service and location.
- Horrible service. Never going back.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/4/2012My family and I went here for dinner on November 4th. We waited at our table for over 20 minutes before being acknowledged. After we ordered our food we waited over another hour to be served. I went up the counter to talk with the manager and he said they were busy and seemed not interested in what I had to say. I felt very insulted by this and will never be back here again. After that my server admitted to being new and that she forgot to put the order in.
- Great food. Went with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2012Great food. Went with friends and didn't feel rushed at all. Let us sit for a couple hours.Special Features:
- Service was good ,very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2012Service was good ,very friendly servers,warm and comfortable eatery.Special Features:
- service problemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012I want to note a problem we had with the service. We were waited on quickly. Ordered our drinks and also gave her our order, which we shouldn't have. We waited about :15 for drinks. We received our salads first and had to ask the waitress where our drinks were. She went up to the bar and waited for them. We wanted to have some of our drinks before eating. Then our food came before we finished our salads. By the time we finished the salads the dinner was not very warm. We decided to eat anyway.Special Features:
- This restaurant was a delightfultheaterloverDined on 10/26/2012This restaurant was a delightful find. Great Jazz Band on Friday night, yet we were able to hear ourselves talk.Special Features:
- There are so few great restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2012There are so few great restaurants between Fox Lake and the Wisconsin border that this is a great find! The food and the service were terrific. I look forward to dining here again soon.Special Features:
- My wife and I have invitedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012My wife and I have invited and brought couples with us over several different visits to King's Landing. We've never been disppointed with the food, service and ambiance. Our friends have always commented favorably about this local restaurant. We plan on continuing our visits. Fox Lake needed a restaurant like this.Special Features:
- You really do feel llike a King!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2012Everything tastes "hand crafted" just the way you like it! The wait wasn't anything longer than you would expect for such a detailed menu. Really left me feeling like a King!Special Features:
- The food was good but notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012The food was good but not outstanding. My friend's meal was very salty. Our waitress was somewhat absentminded but pleasant, so the service was fair at best.
- Favorite place to dine.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012Our favorite restaurant. Jaqui makes great drinks and the food is delicious!Special Features:
- Love the place. Great musicAngieDined on 8/18/2012Love the place. Great music that was not to loud. We will return.Special Features:
- Service was great and friesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2012Service was great and fries were excellent! Steak was ok. Overall it was a nice evening.
- They care about their servicedrummin2lifeVIPDined on 7/27/2012Second time at King's Landing. We had a great experience the first time and this time was very good. Apparently the waitress assigned to us was jammed and didn't get to us for a while. Just when I started to get inpatient (probably too early but that is a fault of mine) a waitress came to us, apologized profusely, gave us a free appetizer because of the wait, and took care of us from then on. The manager also came over and apologized -- all very unusual -- in a good way. They obviously care about their service. The food was excellent again. We will keep going back, though I have to try something different next time -- I loved the osso bucco so much that I've gotten it twice.Special Features:
- My girlfriend and I went theredrummin2lifeVIPDined on 7/12/2012My girlfriend and I went there for the first time based upon reviews I saw on here. I had osso bucco and she had one of the specials, which was a beef kebob. I loved mine. I tasted her kebob, which I expected to be tough, but it was very tender. I think they actually have an owner and a chef who are trying to do things right. The waitress was friendly and knowledgable. They had a wine special with a bottle of wine that was pretty good for $15, which is unbelievable. I really enjoyed the whole experience -- more than I expected to. We will go back.Special Features:
- We went here for Fathers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2012We went here for Fathers Day and had a great first time experience. My wife deemed this place a "keeper". The only negative was the person assisting our young but very competent waitress with our wine selection. He was very condescending to her and made us somewhat uncomfortable for her. Her service was excellent and we will be back.Special Features:
- King's Landing musical entertainmenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2012This was my first visit to Kings Landing and it was an exterely pleasent surprise. It was recommended to me by a friend who has being going there for years. What really made the night was the floor show provided by two very accomplished musicians that couldn't have offered better entertainment and created an atmosphere of elegant dining that an ordinary resturaunt could not compete with. Kudos to the band!Special Features:
- We had a great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/7/2012We had a great date night at King's Landing. The food was excellent and the wine list is superb.Special Features:
- Had a great meal at Kingslucy0322Dined on 6/1/2012Had a great meal at Kings Landing. 3 of us had the fish fry and it was excellent. Did not care for the brushetta appetizer but the meal made up for that. We will be back.Special Features:
- First time dining here andChrisLDined on 5/13/2012First time dining here and we enjoyed the Mother's Day buffet. Ambiance was warm, relaxed and upbeat with live music. Food was excellent although a bit cool in temperature from the buffet line. We will definately come again for dinner!Special Features:
- Well worth itasdf1234VIPDined on 5/7/2012Very dedicated owner food was great. Lovednthemdining room and the linemen tablecloths. Worth going toSpecial Features:
- My husband an a group or friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012My husband an a group or friends went and it was good, the table they put us at was tight other than that it was good.We have beem there for lunch several times and it was always a great lunch.Special Features:
- Food was reasonably priced,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2012Food was reasonably priced, food was good, but not outstanding . Our server was attentive and very helpful.Special Features:
- What a find! The outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2012What a find! The outstanding menu selection, vast wine list, and great service was only surpassed by the delicious meal we were served. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys haute cuisine in a non-pretentious atmosphere.Special Features:
- It was a first time for usOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/21/2012It was a first time for us and we will definitely be back as a family. But, I will also bring my girlfriends there for lunch.Special Features:
- This was our second visit,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012This was our second visit, Food was "Very Good".. They have a nice Easy Listening Music group on weeekends that adds to the ambiance. Our waitress Tammy was a gem.. We will be going back !!! Make sure you have reservations !!!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012Great neighborhood atmosphere for a casual night. The waitress was attentive, live music was good.Special Features:
- First time visiting this restaurantCoachDined on 4/14/2012First time visiting this restaurant, had a great time, good service, no issues, would definitely go back!Special Features:
- I love the fish fry and willOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/6/2012I love the fish fry and will continue to go back for more. My friends were all delighted with their meals and also want to return to listen to the music. Our server was great.Special Features: